Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 PM

. - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (27905 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by onegig(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
bolaji3071:
Please@op my Laptop speaker(s) got bust when i was watching a movie with my laptop. It is Dell Vostro 1440. Also i want to change the laptop keyboard. Op pls like how much will everything cost me.

8k for both.
Re: . by horchukoh(m): 5:40am On Aug 04, 2015
I have gone through this thread from the first to the last page,and I have really gained a lot. please my laptop is displaying BOOTMGR missing each time I try to start it and I guess is the hard disk drive.pls how much can I get a 320gig HDD now?
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
horchukoh:
I have gone through this thread from the first to the last page,and I have really gained a lot. please my laptop is displaying BOOTMGR missing each time I try to start it and I guess is the hard disk drive.pls how much can I get a 320gig HDD now?

You have a corrupt boot manager. What's the windows you are using?
Re: . by horchukoh(m): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
onegig:

You have a corrupt boot manager. What's the windows you are using?
windows 8.1
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
horchukoh:
windows 8.1
You would need the windows 8 DVD to restore the bad boot sector.
Re: . by horchukoh(m): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
onegig:

You would need the windows 8 DVD to restore the bad boot sector.
how much can I get that?pls are you sure it's just the boot sector that is corrupt because I gave it to friend of mine that knows a little about computers and he told me it's the hard drive that is bad. pls I would like you to explain to me better about this because I have made a budget for the hard disk drive already.
Re: . by Salimmuhammad(m): 2:14am On Aug 05, 2015
Pls I need a pavilion dm4 1350en casing that houses the screen and fan. Or better still I can bring it for repair anywhere..my number 08168249202 thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2015
horchukoh:
how much can I get that?pls are you sure it's just the boot sector that is corrupt because I gave it to friend of mine that knows a little about computers and he told me it's the hard drive that is bad. pls I would like you to explain to me better about this because I have made a budget for the hard disk drive already.

Seem like you have lots of money to throw around. That someone knows to operate a computer doesn't mean he is handy with troubleshooting. To know if your system's hard disk is bad. Press and hold f2 when you put it on. Go to Diagnostics and run an HDD or hard disk test.

That should tell you whether it is bad or not.

As for the BOOTMGR error. It is a well documented error. A little Google search would avail you of answers.

The CD is the best way although if you have a backup you don't need to buy the CD. Here is a method. Try it and get back to me. Follow the steps meticulously.

Use Startup Repair on a computer that has a preinstalled recovery option on your computer

Important This method is available only if Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer.

If you do not have a Windows installation disc, and Startup Repair is a preinstalled recovery option on your computer, follow these steps to repair startup files:

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by using the computer's power button.

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You have to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you have to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.

2. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)

3. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.

4. Select a user name, type the password, and then click OK.

5. On the System Recovery Options menu, click
Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem and, if it is necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2622803#bookmark-method%204

If you however still keen on buying an Hard disk when you don't need one. I have one laying fallow that I want to dispose. I can make do with the extra cash since you don't need it.. cheesy
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2015
Salimmuhammad:
Pls I need a pavilion dm4 1350en casing that houses the screen and fan. Or better still I can bring it for repair anywhere..my number 08168249202 thanks

Sorry I don't store the base.
Re: . by lukfame(m): 8:17am On Aug 07, 2015
Good morning gurus. I have this problem with my acer v5-471p..i accidentally deleted the hard drive plus the windows while trying to delete something else. I recovered my files but not the operating window which was then 8..i got a window 8.1 in ikeja. Installed it buh the screen is always double, blurry and moving.
I have downloaded the graphic card which is intel 3000 on both acer site and intel site but none of it worked..went online but no solution yet buh i resorted to using windows display driver which cant play games or even make adobe photoshop work well...
I posted pics showing the screen..
I will so much appreciate it if you can help me out with this ish...tnx and God bless you all

Re: . by examprepng: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
how much do you change the inverter of a dell laptop screen
Re: . by Jascon4: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:
Following the data loss experienced by this site last month I have decided to reopen this thread to accept request from our esteemed forumites.

Please note that the rules still stay the same.

Sequel to requests by many peeps here for expert technicians / system engineers who can help fix their
systems. I have created this thread with the aim of helping out and bridging the gap between service providers(me and sometimes others tested engineers) and clients(you) for
professional and trustworthy services.

However, there are some little
rules that guide service provision which are to be
adhered strictly to, to have an
itch free ride.

The rules goes thus;
1. This is open to Lagos residents only. However exceptions are there for those who are out of Lagos and may be willing to send in their systems for repairs.

2. The aim of this isn't to charge excessive fees but giving you excellent and
honest services at the cheapest or near free
rates.

3. Other info as regards this would be added as the thread progresses.

You can post the challenges you are having with your systems and would get
the help needed. Thank you.

Please do you have the motherboard for HP DV6 1310ei
Re: . by onegig(m): 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
examprepng:
how much do you change the inverter of a dell laptop screen

What Dell model is that ?
Re: . by onegig(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
lukfame:
Good morning gurus. I have this problem with my acer v5-471p..i accidentally deleted the hard drive plus the windows while trying to delete something else. I recovered my files but not the operating window which was then 8..i got a window 8.1 in ikeja. Installed it buh the screen is always double, blurry and moving.
I have downloaded the graphic card which is intel 3000 on both acer site and intel site but none of it worked..went online but no solution yet buh i resorted to using windows display driver which cant play games or even make adobe photoshop work well...
I posted pics showing the screen..
I will so much appreciate it if you can help me out with this ish...tnx and God bless you all

Get another CD and start afresh from Windows 8 then upgrade to 8.1.

Also, maybe you aren't installing the drivers right. I understand there are still some graphics bugs with win 8 but you may be downloading the wrong drivers.

But wait. How did you delete the hard drive and windows while still on the windows. How is that possible? Shooting at a gun with the same gun?
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jascon4:

Please do you have the motherboard for HP DV6 1310ei
15k. Delivery in 2 weeks after commitment.
Re: . by Jascon4: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

15k. Delivery in 2 weeks after commitment.

Ok, is it brand new or second hand? can you fix my laptop, it's been diagnosed to need a replacement of motherboard.
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jascon4:

Ok, is it brand new or second hand? can you fix my laptop, it's been diagnosed to need a replacement of motherboard.

Yeah sure.

New. Straight from the US.
Re: . by Jascon4: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Yeah sure.

New. Straight from the US.

Ok, can you fix my laptop then?
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jascon4:

Ok, can you fix my laptop then?
Yes.
Re: . by Jascon4: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Yes.

Ok, how do we get in contact? Where is your office/organization?
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jascon4:

Ok, how do we get in contact? Where is your office/organization?
Send a pm.
Re: . by Jascon4: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Send a pm.

I just replied.
Re: . by lukfame(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
onegig:

Get another CD and start afresh from Windows 8 then upgrade to 8.1.

Also, maybe you aren't installing the drivers right. I understand there are still some graphics bugs with win 8 but you may be downloading the wrong drivers.

But wait. How did you delete the hard drive and windows while still on the windows. How is that possible? Shooting at a gun with the same gun?
with the help of mini partition tools, wanted to actually format something else, buh mistakenly selected my hard drive..after everything, it said operating system not found..i have tried so many os sef..none of it worked
Re: . by cmonek(m): 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Cool concept @onegig, Wish you were in Ph, would have loved to understudy you for a month or two.. Really need to get busy and start solving problems real good.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
lukfame:
with the help of mini partition tools, wanted to actually format something else, buh mistakenly selected my hard drive..after everything, it said operating system not found..i have tried so many os sef..none of it worked

what operating system have you installed?

Tried windows 7 and it is still the same.

Want to be sure it is software. If you have tried other operating systems like windows 7 . Then you have a VGA problem.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
cmonek:
Cool concept @onegig, Wish you were in Ph, would have loved to understudy you for a month or two.. Really need to get busy and start solving problems real good.

You can always start today. Nothing stops you from learning. The internet is almost free and rich with all the resources you need.

1 Like

Re: . by lukfame(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2015
onegig:

what operating system have you installed?

Tried windows 7 and it is still the same.

Want to be sure it is software. If you have tried other operating systems like windows 7 . Then you have a VGA problem.
maybe thats the problem buh wen i surfed the net for solution...i discovered that n not d only one who got d prob.....and none could be able to fix it
Re: . by cmonek(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
onegig:

You can always start today. Nothing stops you from learning. The internet is almost free and rich with all the resources you need.
Already doing that Sir.. Thanks for the encouragement. Will always inbox you once I need a professional advice on something. Thanks.. Have a great day.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Onegig sir... my laptop (Acer e1-531: 15.6 HD led) has a crack and ink is showing on d screen.... does it mean d screen neeeds to b re-fixed??
Pls wats d price of new screen and used screen... tnx... God bless
Re: . by examprepng: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2015
onegig:

What Dell model is that ?
dell inspiron 4050
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
lukfame:
maybe thats the problem buh wen i surfed the net for solution...i discovered that n not d only one who got d prob.....and none could be able to fix it

Since it is hardware and connected to a VGA
Then go for a new board. Heating the VGA like they do in Nigeria is mostly not long term.
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
crixtex:
Onegig sir... my laptop (Acer e1-531: 15.6 HD led) has a crack and ink is showing on d screen.... does it mean d screen neeeds to b re-fixed??
Pls wats d price of new screen and used screen... tnx... God bless

Needs screen to be refixed.

12k...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AVEVA PDMS (plant Design Management System) Training / Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.