Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28025 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by onegig(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
sokus: Please, help me out. I have a samsung mini laptop. I plugged it in charging for in an outlet. The charger blew up and also there was another sound of something that blew up. Right now the laptop is not powering on and the port where I plug the pin of the charger has a funny smell. Please, is it that the motherboard is already gone or there is another issue. Please come to my rescue.
i am sorry. Seems like you have blown your board. This has gone past where a first aid can be applied. You need to take it to a technician to check for you. You might have one or two option of buy a new board or fix that one if the damage is not extensive.
Re: . by onegig(m): 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
bigdot1759: this's what i mean, i mean are they using same application or thr's tablet's wins 7 or 8 apps apart & laptop wins 7 or 8 apps apart
yes. Just like bellong had responded to you. They have different architecture. So they have seperate apps. You can't interchange the apps.
Re: . by bigdot1759(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
bellong:

Depends on the make.

Some tablets manufacturers like Samsung, motorola use Android OS, Apple uses iOS, etc.
i mean can u install the same application we use on laptop running either wins 7 or 8 on tablet running wins 7or 8
Re: . by bellong: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
bigdot1759: i mean can u install the same application we use on laptop running either wins 7 or 8 on tablet running wins 7or 8

Yes, you can install the same applications for the same OS. However, there are some applications that wouldn't run smoothly if your tablet's configuration cannot accommodate it.
Re: . by scampy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Onegig, pls drop ur contact address or phone number.
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
scampy: Onegig, pls drop ur contact address or phone number.
When you get to IKEJA i.e computer village. Call this number
+2348032113657.
Ask for gloria. I have made the necessary arrangement for you already. I guess you are coming tomorrow.

The place is opposite the zenith bank inside the market. When you are there. Just call that number. Someone would pick you up. The street is named pepple street.

Thanks.
Re: . by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ onegig, Kudos for this fine thread!
Re: . by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
uzoexcel: i m nt in lagos now but just wanna seek ur opinion on somethin...i have a hp dv4 laptop with 4gb ram (2 * 2gb ddr2).all other specs usual/normal... however i carry out high level simulations with matlab software which usually slows my laptop.is it possible to increase it to 8gb by buying 2 * 4gb ddr2 RAM.i tried checking online but all i could see was just for p.c's and not for laptops.

uzoexcel: the official systems i use for my simulations are 16 gigs desktop and some of the simulations take close to 3 minutes before i get a reply
if i wanna run some of this in my laptop, and obviously closing down all applications, it makes the system hang indefinitely while the memory usage on task bar gets close to 3.82gig....hence my interest in increasing
my processor is pentium dual core CPU @2.00gHz per core

If it pleases you, you may consider getting a new laptop with Gigs of dedicated Graphics (Video) memory >>> 1Gb, 2Gb, etc. (I may be of help)
You can also check if your system has the complete requirements for running heavy graphics softwares.

1 Like

Re: . by onegig(m): 11:09am On Aug 07, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: @ onegig, Kudos for this fine thread! I may be of help to those interested in fixing their laptops' problems.
Welcome. Send me a pm.
Re: . by oprezy: 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
All call me back codes of all networks.you all already know the use of it so i've made a list of them.just follow the below link

[Tutorials] All call me back codes for all networks;MTN AIRTEL GLO,etc. @ from www.kinwap.com
Re: . by Donpuffy(m): 1:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Pls bro, I suddenly discovered DAT my Samsung laptop ( one of d latest models 2gb ram, 250gb memory.) refused to power on after it switched off by itself. inshort I was told d motherboard has bn damaged and I need to change it.

hw much can d new motherboard cost? and is it advisable to get a Belgium board. d price too pls.
Re: . by onegig(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Donpuffy: Pls bro, I suddenly discovered DAT my Samsung laptop ( one of d latest models 2gb ram, 250gb memory.) refused to power on after it switched off by itself. inshort I was told d motherboard has bn damaged and I need to change it.

hw much can d new motherboard cost? and is it advisable to get a Belgium board. d price too pls.
Problem with that brand is that you may never get the belgium one. It's also better if you can afford it to go for the brand new one. Brand new one costs between 25k to 30k. Also run me the model of the system
Re: . by 0955eb027(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
@onegig I av a hp(dv7) which I bought in 2011. I woke up 1 morning 2 discover that d system is smelling (like sumtin is burnt in it). Wen I took it 2 an engineer, I learnt that d power is damaged bt he could not get a solution. Again, I took It 2 another engr (dis tym, it was d person dat sold it 2 me); he told me dat d board is damaged ( little drop of water being d cause) and d range of a new board is 28 to 30k which I do not av den. Fast forward 2012 (when I came bak 4rm skool) I took it 2 him cos m prepared 2 pay d 30k. He gave it 2 his boys 2 work on it; he said dey av 2 take it to where dey ll buy d board (reason being dat if it fails 2 work, it ll be easier 2 return it 2 d seller). Wen dey got bak, I was told dat d screen is displaying internally (meaning d screen is damaged as well). I dnt knw if its possible for an used system to develop fault. What I want 2 knw is if d system can be repaired and at what price...
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
0955eb027: @onegig I av a hp(dv7) which I bought in 2011. I woke up 1 morning 2 discover that d system is smelling (like sumtin is burnt in it). Wen I took it 2 an engineer, I learnt that d power is damaged bt he could not get a solution. Again, I took It 2 another engr (dis tym, it was d person dat sold it 2 me); he told me dat d board is damaged ( little drop of water being d cause) and d range of a new board is 28 to 30k which I do not av den. Fast forward 2012 (when I came bak 4rm skool) I took it 2 him cos m prepared 2 pay d 30k. He gave it 2 his boys 2 work on it; he said dey av 2 take it to where dey ll buy d board (reason being dat if it fails 2 work, it ll be easier 2 return it 2 d seller). Wen dey got bak, I was told dat d screen is displaying internally (meaning d screen is damaged as well). I dnt knw if its possible for an used system to develop fault. What I want 2 knw is if d system can be repaired and at what price...
Is that your matric number? Unilorin?

It can be repaired. New screen would cost you 11k for the dv7. As for the board. You would need atleast 20k for a new motherboard. It can be fixed.

Welcome. Sorry about your previous issues.
Re: . by 0955eb027(m): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
onegig: Is that your matric number? Unilorin?

It can be repaired. New screen would cost you 11k for the dv7. As for the board. You would need atleast 20k for a new motherboard. It can be fixed.

Welcome. Sorry about your previous issues.
yep » unilorin; I graduated lst year(maths dept)... Hw do I contact you when m ready? Thanks in anticipation
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
0955eb027: yep » unilorin; I graduated lst year(maths dept)... Hw do I contact you when m ready? Thanks in anticipation
I noticed that. My number is on the first page. Or you can always send me a pm.
Re: . by 0955eb027(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
onegig: I noticed that. My number is on the first page. Or you can always send me a pm.
ok... Thanks man
Re: . by bot101(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2014
@onegig, my laptop charging port is faulty and i need a replacement. i don't know if you can be of help.
the part number is 6-71-M66U3-D04
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
bot101: @onegig, my laptop charging port is faulty and i need a replacement. i don't know if you can be of help.
I don't sell but maybe you quote the system model also in your search.

If you are in Lagos. Your best bet is to enter the village.
Re: . by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
bot101: @onegig, my laptop charging port is faulty and i need a replacement. i don't know if you can be of help.
HOW DID YOU CONCLUDE YOUR CHARGING PORT IS FAULTY?
Re: . by pman06(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hi onegig. I have an hp compaq 615 running internally not displaying but working inside. Please, how much will it cost me to fix this?
Re: . by onegig(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
pman06: Hi onegig. I have an hp compaq 615 running internally not displaying but working inside. Please, how much will it cost me to fix this?
Good day. Apologies for the kinda late Response. You would need to bring it in. I can't give you a cost when i can't truly tell what's wrong with it. What other Symptoms do you notice apart from it just not coming up? Blinking caps lock? Dim display?
Re: . by pman06(m): 5:27am On Aug 17, 2014
onegig: Good day. Apologies for the kinda late Response. You would need to bring it in. I can't give you a cost when i can't truly tell what's wrong with it. What other Symptoms do you notice apart from it just not coming up? Blinking caps lock? Dim display?

non of those happened. The issue started when the system will be on, but the screen will come up for a whilw and then go off while system is still running. But now the light is not coming up at all, but if you look well, you will see the system is on under. I took it to a friend to fix, but he just took my money and did nothing on it.
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
pman06:

non of those happened. The issue started when the system will be on, but the screen will come up for a whilw and then go off while system is still running. But now the light is not coming up at all, but if you look well, you will see the system is on under. I took it to a friend to fix, but he just took my money and did nothing on it.
Ok. I guess a few thousands would fix it. Can you send me a pm or call the number on the first page.
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
wheewww....

Let me try and clear the cobwebs in here. lol.

Been busy and moving around but I am back to base now.
Re: . by Gboliwe: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Are the speakers in a laptop removable/fixable/changeable?
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gboliwe: Are the speakers in a laptop removable/fixable/changeable?
Madam . Good evening. How was service today?

Yeah. they are very changeable. Once it gets spoilt best thing to do is to change it.
Re: . by Gboliwe: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
onegig: Madam . Good evening. How was service today?

Yeah. they are very changeable. Once it gets spoilt best thing to do is to change it.
How much will it cost sir? A price range will be fine.
Re: . by onegig(m): 12:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Gboliwe: How much will it cost sir? A price range will be fine.
Depends on the system model. Most time the speakers are not readily available so one has to remove from a scrap identical system or order from aliexpress which is more expensive considering cost of shippi g.

So I can't give a straight answer about price. I can only give a range 3 to 6k depending on the model.
Re: . by Gboliwe: 5:15am On Sep 22, 2014
onegig: Depends on the system model. Most time the speakers are not readily available so one has to remove from a scrap identical system or order from aliexpress which is more expensive considering cost of shippi g.

So I can't give a straight answer about price. I can only give a range 3 to 6k depending on the model.

Ok. Thanks
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2014
Gboliwe:

Ok. Thanks
Welcome. and good morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.