Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,375 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:26 PM

“why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder (2535 Views)

My Job Interview Experience Today / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by kennydee05(m): 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Henry Pender is a graduate of
Political Science from the
University of Ibadan. Pender
graduated in 2000 and has
worked as a banker, yet he is
among the about 100 graduates
undergoing training to become
truck drivers; or rather logistics
assistants. Pender is also the
class governor of this first batch
of trainees.
“After my service, I had the
privilege of being retained at the
Rivers State Primary Education
Board where I did my primary
assignment.
I was with them for about a year
before I joined the All States Trust
Bank, which is now defunct. I
worked with them for three years
before I joined the Ecobank, from
there I moved to the Oceanic Bank
before joining Ecobank again after
the acquisition of Oceanic Bank by
Ecobank.
“I had to leave the banking
industry when I married my
colleague, because the human
resource policy then did not allow
spouses to work in the same
office. I felt that my wife should
stay behind while I as a man
would look around for something
to do. It wasn’t easy, because the
job was not forthcoming as I
thought. I attended a couple of
interviews at different places, but I
didn’t get what I was looking for.
“When this opportunity of
becoming truck driver with
Dangote presented itself, I applied
with open mind. I felt that this is
an opportunity for a new
beginning to move into a new
paradigm that is not explored. We
have just begun the journey in the
Nigerian Institute of Transport
Technology (NITT). I was
pleasantly surprised when I came
here to see people from different
backgrounds and professions.
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2012/11/11/why-i-left-job-bank-become-dangotes-truck-driver-phd-holder/
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by Swiftlee(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
I saw only B.Sc undecided Where is the M.Sc and PhD?? How can he prove he acquired them?? Infact,from which school?? If possible let him scan it and attach it to be verified!

6 Likes

Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by owelle22(m): 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
picture of his scanned B.SC, MSC AND PHD or i dont believe it....shikinah

4 Likes

Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Whr is d PhdMtshew FNN
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by Gosj01(m): 12:33am On Jul 28, 2014
I guess no job is too small.
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by ojun50(m): 1:42am On Jul 28, 2014
Last year news headline
well he is not the only PHD holder they were up to 13, his name was popular because he left the banking job.
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by kakashi12(m): 7:21am On Jul 28, 2014
ojun50: Last year news headline
well he is not the only PHD holder they were up to 13, his name was popular because he left the banking job.
he didnt leave the banking job on his own volution. He had to resign cos he and his new wife worked in the bank.

5 Likes

Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by mstik(f): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2014
So in his mind truck driving is better than working in a bank?
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by stebell(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: So in his mind truck driving is better than working in a bank?

‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ an extent it cud be.

1 Like

Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by yunisco: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2014
owelle22: picture of his scanned B.SC, MSC AND PHD or i dont believe it....shikinah
it wasn't written for u to believed or not but for u to be encourage. Imagine he left d banking job without getting another. Bros "A life without result, will get plenty of insult". Sometimes, life drop us in a circumstance to proof if we know where we are going.
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by frankzone: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2014
kennydee05: Henry Pender is a graduate of
Political Science from the
University of Ibadan. Pender
graduated in 2000 and has
worked as a banker, yet he is
among the about 100 graduates
undergoing training to become
truck drivers; or rather logistics
assistants. Pender is also the
class governor of this first batch
of trainees.
“After my service, I had the
privilege of being retained at the
Rivers State Primary Education
Board where I did my primary
assignment.
I was with them for about a year
before I joined the All States Trust
Bank, which is now defunct. I
worked with them for three years
before I joined the Ecobank, from
there I moved to the Oceanic Bank
before joining Ecobank again after
the acquisition of Oceanic Bank by
Ecobank.
“I had to leave the banking
industry when I married my
colleague, because the human
resource policy then did not allow
spouses to work in the same
office. I felt that my wife should
stay behind while I as a man
would look around for something
to do. It wasn’t easy, because the
job was not forthcoming as I
thought. I attended a couple of
interviews at different places, but I
didn’t get what I was looking for.
“When this opportunity of
becoming truck driver with
Dangote presented itself, I applied
with open mind. I felt that this is
an opportunity for a new
beginning to move into a new
paradigm that is not explored. We
have just begun the journey in the
Nigerian Institute of Transport
Technology (NITT). I was
pleasantly surprised when I came
here to see people from different
backgrounds and professions.
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2012/11/11/why-i-left-job-bank-become-dangotes-truck-driver-phd-holder/

So you can't find any current info to post? 11th November 2012? Are you kidding me?
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by yunisco: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: So in his mind truck driving is better than working in a bank?
listen, read and get understanding b4 commenting or replying. He said he left bcus he married his colleague n based on some banks policies which don't allow husband and wife to work in same bank
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by mstik(f): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2014
I got that part, you know, and my comment is very valid because the I think the decision he made concerning that policy was not wise. Which man would quit work for his wife and take up a job as a truck driver ? And how the heck am I supposed to listen to a post?
yunisco: listen, read and get understanding b4 commenting or replying. He said he left bcus he married his colleague n based on some banks policies which don't allow husband and wife to work in same bank

2 Likes

Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2014
This guy's story get as e be, plus how did it all translate to him having a Phd? Exaggeration sha!
Re: “why I Left My Job At Thebank To Becomedangote’s Truck Driver”– PHD Holder by koreat(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
Am not believing simple

(1) (Reply)

kjds / T-mart / URGENT VACANCIES! Openings In Courier & Logistics Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.