Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question (854 Views)

See The Question I Asked That Made Her Angry... / To Marry Or Not To Marry..can this end well ?? / I Want A Rich Girl Or Lady To Marry Or A Prostitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by zboyd: 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
As some men approach 30, one of the most important decisions they make is getting married.

But after observing the marriages of close friends, they feel they are happier, wealthier, fitter and less stressed than their married friends and, they like being single. For them, life is too short to be weighed down by the burdens of marriage and parenthood or worse, knowing you should not have gotten married in the first place.

Society automatically paints a stereotype on men who hesitate, delay, or elect not to marry.

They are labeled as:

A) Womanizers who are unable to participate in a long term relationship
B) Selfish, childish or irresponsible men who can not take care of themselves or another person
C) Homose*ual
D) Mentally Ill

No other explanation is ever explored.

What are some of the reasons why increasing numbers of successful, eligible, unmarried men, who otherwise prefer monogamous long-term relationships, do not marry, do not date, and often stop looking for a woman at all - even if they want a woman in their lives?
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by Waspy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lots of things have changed..... the most is Girls...darn. Their choice, their motives, their ideas, their psyche......name it.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is an absurd article!!!

so all your hommies are married and you alone is single and you'll be happy?.... bloody lie!!!!!
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by Wolison(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Op@mayb they don't want to entertain any form of distraction or being frustrated by the woman or that oringo still dey board!
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Booked to attack feminists
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP
there is a big difference between not wanting to get married AND living a celibate life away from women. if a man doesnt want to get married then so be it, thats his life, his priorities and his hustle, but that doesnt mean that he doesnt want/need the company of women, it just means that he doesnt want to commit to any ONE woman for the rest of his life, and instead wants to be free to "catch and release" as often as he wants to, without feeling guilty about his actions. in today's society, a man can get ALL the perks of marriage (from a woman) without being married to that said woman....... so why marry the cow when you can get the milk for free?!

also, sadly, many men dont want to accept the fact that being married is NOT easy, and any man who think otherwise is a damn dreamer. therefore, some men prefer to live a peaceful easier life by being honest to themselves and accept who they are, instead of deceiving themselves and their partner. i know that i (MBJ) do not have it me to be with ONE woman for the rest of my life (as i easily get tired of people, and I am not in the habit of faking it), and there is nothing wrong with that. many men and women out there are clueless and dont even know the meaning of marriage, and if you ask them WHY they want to get married, they will either bring some bible/qur'an scriptures bla bla bla OR simply want to do it because of family/social/financial or religious PRESSURE......while they are not adequately prepared/equipped for marriage.

men AND women change in marriage, and sadly, many men settle with the baby whale that their (former) sexy attractive wife turned into, in the name of "marriage". many women settle with the pot bellied abusing and cheating monster that their (former) charming prince turned inti, in the name of "marriage. many men settle with their foul mouth, disrespectful and bitter wife that their (former) sweet caring and loving gf turned into, in the name of "marriage".

also, look at the state of woman (and men) today. the majority aint got shiit to offer anybody but a warm coochie (or some dikc). the majority are just good at killing your dreams the minute they connect with you; so many are so desperate to marry, and could with just about ANYBODY (they will even marry a donkey if it had enough money). so many are deluded and expect a man to save them from their miserable lives.....paying their school fees, their phone bills, their upkeep etc while it would be much more easier, cheaper AND WISER for a man to go settle the local cuum dump instead. Haba!!!!!

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by zboyd: 2:17am On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
there is a big difference between not wanting to get married AND living a celibate life away from women. if a man doesnt want to get married then so be it, thats his life, his priorities and his hustle, but that doesnt mean that he doesnt want/need the company of women, it just means that he doesnt want to commit to any ONE woman for the rest of his life, and instead wants to be free to "catch and release" as often as he wants to, without feeling guilty about his actions. in today's society, a man can get ALL the perks of marriage (from a woman) without being married to that said woman....... so why marry the cow when you can get the milk for free?!

also, sadly, many men dont want to accept the fact that being married is NOT easy, and any man who think otherwise is a damn dreamer. therefore, some men prefer to live a peaceful easier life by being honest to themselves and accept who they are, instead of deceiving themselves and their partner. i know that i (MBJ) do not have it me to be with ONE woman for the rest of my life (as i easily get tired of people, and I am not in the habit of faking it), and there is nothing wrong with that. many men and women out there are clueless and dont even know the meaning of marriage, and if you ask them WHY they want to get married, they will either bring some bible/qur'an scriptures bla bla bla OR simply want to do it because of family/social/financial or religious PRESSURE......while they are not adequately prepared/equipped for marriage.

men AND women change in marriage, and sadly, many men settle with the baby whale that t///bitter are we?heir (former) sexy attractive wife turned into, in the name of "marriage". many women settle with the pot bellied abusing and cheating monster that their (former) charming prince turned inti, in the name of "marriage. many men settle with their foul mouth, disrespectful and bitter wife that their (former) sweet caring and loving gf turned into, in the name of "marriage".

also, look at the state of woman (and men) today. the majority aint got shiit to offer anybody but a warm coochie (or some dikc). the majority are just good at killing your dreams the minute they connect with you; so many are so desperate to marry, and could with just about ANYBODY (they will even marry a donkey if it had enough money). so many are deluded and expect a man to save them from their miserable lives.....paying their school fees, their phone bills, their upkeep etc while it would be much more easier, cheaper AND WISER for a man to go settle the local cuum dump instead. Haba!!!!!

...bitter are we?
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 29, 2014
^^^it's called REALITY. if you look at any subject with only your biased mind and ideology then you will never understand the issue.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by stevecantrell: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2014
Marriage is an over rated human institution. Most married ppl hate on the single and free not because they're happy but because they envy your non-conformist attitude.

Its really nice to be married...to the right person. But what are the chances of that in a world where ppl are so malcontent and change is so constant ?
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by Tymax(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Our culture is evolving.....hmmm at this rate, one day, marriage will become "old school" angry
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by traware(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP

men AND women change in marriage, and sadly, many men settle with the baby whale that their (former) sexy attractive wife turned into, in the name of "marriage". many women settle with the pot bellied abusing and cheating monster that their (former) charming prince turned inti, in the name of "marriage. many men settle with their foul mouth, disrespectful and bitter wife that their (former) sweet caring and loving gf turned into, in the name of "marriage".

I just love this post.Nigerians and their obsession with marriage eh?I no fit shout.As for me,I don't believe in any form of marriage and I don't believe in any number of children.I intend to live and die marriageless and childless.Ain't nobody gat time for those bullsh.its

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry? That's The Question by zboyd: 2:12am On Jul 30, 2014
MRbrownJAY: ^^^it's called REALITY. if you look at any subject with only your biased mind and ideology then you will never understand the issue.

I understand this specific subject quite well.

Some men and women rather be happy single than married and miserable.

Why?

They've observed most marriage folks, and found them wanting in happiness and contentment...bias and ideology be damned.

The pursuit of happiness is the aim of some singles and marriage doesn't figure into it.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Neccesity To Have Sex Within An Existing Relationship / Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? / How To Overcome Shyness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.