Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,110 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears (27306 Views)

The Dangers Of Bum-short And Mini-skirts / Lingerie And Underwears / Skin Bleaching-the Dangers(with Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by waxdude: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2014
LMAO.....Bad market for okrika paahiint nd braaa sellers cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Originalsly: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Ewwww!.... buying and wearing used underwear?.....no matter it be washed and pressed it's unhygenic...in fact that's nasty. Because it comes from abroad?...and washed? FYI.....most stores abroad allow you to return clothing after days or weeks...but when it comes to underwear...non returnable...even if you just bought it and haven't even left the store. While at it...google Victoria's Secret to find out whysoooo many women no longer buy their underwear.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by jerryjere(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2014
ahika: oh my God! People get mind o, how can a rational human being use him korokoro eyes buy wetin im fellow human being don sperm on top, shit on top, piss on top, mess on top? Shey na u poor pass?
u dey craze pray make poverty no slap u
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Neldrizzy: Hope the girls are reading this?? Stop spreading ebola disease!!!!.....
LOL
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by ustavo(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Which one be yeast fungi again;(GUNSHOT) embarassed Na the yeast fungi come dey transfer virus again HABA(Another Gunshot) lipsrsealed But all said, good warning.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Epathra(f): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
Gay alert! U r supposed to be male!! ??
Adewunmi84: Make I confess,a don dey wear okrika bra since 1994 and no amount of intimidation can make me stop it since I cannot still find my bra size at boutique.Even the boutique owners buy and hang them in their shop after thorough washing.#Wearingokrikapantsince17thcentury...
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by phuckmachine(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
1gb0s traders and businessmen are responisible for importing 0kr1ka to Nigeria.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by 360command: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
I rather buy aba made rather than buy second hand clothing.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by ahika(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
jerryjere: u dey craze pray make poverty no slap u

na like so poverty dey hold u?
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by ademega(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Do you know that the oyinbos sell and buy second hand clothes too ? A friend from Germany told me
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Anderson121(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
@poster, abeg go kack for one corner, if i show u some of my boxers and tel u dey second hand u will argue wit me til tomoro, even shirts that i have most people dont bliv they r second hand, and i havent caught any of dis ur diseases, so guy jst chill ehn.... Bt u try sha, atleast u don deceive some people here.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by fredabrown: 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/05/15/africa-donating-used-underwear-to-african-women/

A group called The Knickers For Africa is asking British women to donate their unwanted old underwear to African women. “Isn't this an insult to the women of Africa?,” asks Kojan at Zimbabwe Today.

Helena Horne (British women)

I think that donating NEW knickers and good condition 2nd hand bras is a positive action as it will hugely improve African womens lifes. A report showed that the girls without underwear were far more likely to be sexually abused than those with underwear. They are so poor that they cannot afford underwear, I am certain that they would appreciate receiving the donated underwear than continue to go without. To all those that described it as an \insult\ are should put them selves in the african womens shoes and then perhaps realise that its a whole other world where people are poor and desperate and mostly importantly rely on certain donations. Can you imagine not having ANY underwear? And any way, who said anything about 2nd hand knickers? The people that assumed 2nd hand knickers would be donated are selfish and heartless and are the ones that are insulting the women- I did not, for one second dream of sending used knickers - im sure everybody can afford to donate one new pair.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by fredabrown: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
The practice of wearing used underwear is "humiliating," the newspaper said in an editorial.

"Wearing used underwear is most dehumanizing and no government worth its salt should allow its citizens to be abused to this extent. It is a fact that our flea markets receive bales of clothing, some of which is exclusively used underwear – some of which is soiled."

"What nation have we become that knowingly subjects its people to humiliation and disease

OHANNESBURG, South Africa — Zimbabwe's finance minister made a shocking discovery recently about the underwear-buying habits of his countrywomen: he learned that many buy secondhand lingerie at flea markets and used clothing stalls.

“How does that happen?" Tendai Biti asked incredulously, according to NewsDay. "If you are a husband and you see your wife buying underwear from the flea market, you would have failed.”

To stop this practice, Biti introduced a ban on hand-me-down underpants that has now been made into law. The new legislation makes it illegal to import or sell “articles of secondhand undergarments of any type, form or description, whether purchased, donated or procured in any other manner."
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Litmus: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hmm, what a suspicious Topic. From what African nation does the OP originate?

This thread is deliberately misleading.

Very sneaky and suspicious topic, remind me of why i have started viewing Africans as nasty, suspicious and sneaky.

the Nation Nigeria banned used clothing long ago and i very much doubt that Nigerians, being factitious and very scornful people when it comes to fashion and clothing would stoop to the depraved level of wearing discarded European and Asian knickers such as is commonly done in Ghana and parts of East and central Africa.

Long ago, even secondhand attire, what was termed Okrika-wakeup, was scorned by Nigerians. People would tease you even if your clothes were brand knew but cheap looking of wearing Okirka-wakeup.

So, even then, Okirka-wakeup was a derogatory term. That was in the 70's not to talk of now.

Being young is no excuse for ignorance, i' m not that old myself although well past mid twenties now.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by fredabrown: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
http://www.herald.co.zw/poverty-the-desire-for-something-foreign/

Poverty, the desire for something foreign

Selling used underwear was unhygienic. Besides, what if the clothes belonged to dead people and their spirits will come back to haunt you? “Normally, we burn our old second-hand clothes, why are the Europeans giving us theirs?” Piri asked.

She pulled Piri towards her and whispered, “And once you have your nice bra and underwear on, what man would know that it has been worn before by a foreign woman in some far away country? This is Zimbabwe, my sister, and we dance to the tune that is playing. Tamba iri kurira.”

flipped through the underwear, checking the quality and the labels. Some of them had designer names like La Pelle and Victoria Secret, designers I could never afford during my days in the USA.

Back at Chandi’s place in Chitungwiza, they spent the whole afternoon washing, ironing and folding the masses of bras, knickers, petticoats, night dresses and men’s boxer shorts.

Chandi spoke slowly, telling the women that the underwear had come all the way from America and England, the home of Europeans.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Litmus: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
CNN:

Several African countries, including South Africa and [size=14pt]Nigeria, have banned[/size] imports of previously owned garments to protect national industries.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/12/business/second-hand-clothes-africa/index.html

Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Litmus: Hmm, what a suspicious Topic. From what African nation does the OP originate?

This thread is deliberately misleading.

Very sneaky and suspicious topic, remind me of why i have started viewing Africans as nasty, suspicious and sneaky.

the Nation Nigeria banned used clothing long ago and i very much doubt that Nigerians, being factitious and very scornful people when it comes to fashion and clothing would stoop to the depraved level of wearing discarded European and Asian knickers such as is commonly done in Ghana and parts of East and central Africa.

Long ago, even secondhand attire, what was termed Okrika-wakeup, was scorned by Nigerians. People would tease you even if your clothes were brand knew but cheap looking of wearing Okirka-wakeup.

So, even then, Okirka-wakeup was a derogatory term. That was in the 70's not to talk of now.

Being young is no excuse for ignorance, i' m not that old myself although well past mid twenties now.

Lmaoo Epic grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by ixxygal(f): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
shadowwalker101: I dont wear used underwear
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img] [img]http:///?k_id=utibeokodi[/img]
good for you
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by todayguest(m): 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Some boutique owners are going out of business. This is a campaign aim at dissuading the OK' loving floks. Lets save the boutiques now!cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
NoticeBoard: Nowadays, the cost of wearing quality clothes has pushed many into settling down for fairly used clothes.
Okrikaas it is generally called in Nigeria has become a rampant phenomena where no one can cast a stone for never using any second hand product before. If not clothes, it would be electronics, foot wears, home utensils, gadgets or even automobiles!..Yes the list is endless. Whether you give yourself the excuse of getting quality items or less expensive items when it is fairly used compared to its brand new stereotypes (which are generally perceived to be of lesser quality and also expensive), a fairly used item is a fairly used item.Now let’s talk about why we are here; Fairly Used clothes. While few know the dangers that accompany using a second hand wear but decide to overlook it, many are in total dark. Nonetheless, medical studies have shown many risks this common habit of using second hand clothes might be posing. Although we might not get to notice them almost immediately we are infected and when we do, we tend to deceive ourselves by admitting we got some of these infections elsewhere.
According to Onyinye, a University of Lagos State student, fairly used clothes are better than new because of its quality, she does not see any big deal in even buying and using fairly used under wears. Now, before we move ahead, there are many body warts that generally get disposed in your clothes which can be hazardous. But even not knowing the first user of the clothes you’re buying makes it more compounding which means, you are at risk of "generously" being a prey to every skin diseases, growth and disorders the first user of the clothes has.
Now, when you weigh the risks that come with wearing a fairly used clothing, you will agree with me that like Onyinye has confirmed, wearing a second hand underwear can pose greater threats. This is because most times, our under wears, especially for ladies are a ‘beautiful castle’ for many unknown diseases. Do you also know that Hepatitis B, C, D and G can be transmitted through blood, sweat and semen of infected persons? The yeast fungi which is responsible for the disease can be passed on to a new user if adequate precautions are not taken before wearing them.
However, disinfecting fairly used clothes properly and ironing them as many times as possible before washing can definitely reduce the risk BUT it is advisable not to buy or use fairly used under wears at all due to the stubbornness of the fungus that are involved, which many amount of ironing cannot totally kill.
Read more at www.noticeboard.byethost24.com
first three lines, not impressive. Cnt read any further
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Pronmix(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Ewwwww! like who does that. its disgusting to even think, used clothes? maybe (not like I do used clothes) but underwears? Hell NO!

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Shinery0123(m): 5:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Rilwayne001: grin grin for the ladies grin grin
so wetin u mean b say u no get problem
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by solomakindees(m): 6:45am On Jul 30, 2014
Wisdomkosi: people wey dey go bend down select should take note grin
Did you hear the one about a goalkeeper who wore Tokunbo pants to the World cup?
While the matches were being played, fleas feasted so much on his balls that he kept scratching and scratching.
At the end of the day, he lost so many balls that went into the net! grin
Tokunbo under wears are No No.
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:57am On Jul 30, 2014
solomakindees: Did you hear the one about a goalkeeper who wore Tokunbo pants to the World cup?
While the matches were being played, fleas feasted so much on his balls that he kept scratching and scratching.
At the end of the day, he lost so many balls that went into the net! grin
Tokunbo under wears are No No.
hahaha are you serious?
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
It's incredible not just appealing! cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Wearing Fairly Used Underwears by phockallmods: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
timsbee:
All those designer t-shirt nd top wey guys nd babes dey go buy for boutiqe, they are okirika, dos guy go wake up very early go katangua go select first grade tins, wen dem reach dem house dem go repackage am, spray am nice xpensive peff, come put prise tag, sell am to dos of una wey dey shout say fairly used cloth na blah! Blah!blah. Abeg make i ansa my customers i dey com.....
Pls, how mch should a shirt cost n kantagua? I'm planning to go dia to get personal clothing nd do not want to be cheated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Classy And Trendy Bags available here at very affordable prices / Good And Affordable Exfoliating Soap / Five Signs That You Wear Too Much Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.