Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed (903 Views)

Car Diagnosis Made Simple / Toyota Camry Sound While Driving - Diagnosis Help / Car Diagnosis (scan). What Does It Really Entail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed by chidike(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello All, So I recently bought a car diagnosis check online for my car, a 2004 Corolla and this is the report that came up. The guy who ran the report said it would cost me up to 130k plus his fees to fix the car. But I kind of think he's trying to rip me off. the thing is, I'm not having any noticeable issues with the car, but the check engine light came on and I decided to run the diagnosis (although the fuel tank cover is a bit rusted, which I have heard could be a reason why the check engine light is on).

What i want to know is based on the attached report, what do I need to fix and how much will it cost so I can have an idea. Are these issues even serious? I just serviced the car with the recommended oil like a month ago.

Is there a Mechanic you can recommend around Ikeja, Maryland or somewhere close?

Your contributions will be very much appreciated.

Re: Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed by 3ace(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Op, apart from the first two codes in the report you provided, I'm also facing the same issue with the last two codes(PO705 & PO850). I just created a thread concerning this and people here might think we are one and same person. I don't know about the other codes but those last two which I'm also experiencing are transmission issue and like you said, you won't notice any fault at all-this has been my experience too. Don't let them rip you off, that 130k bill is highway robbery. Based on my little research, those codes shouldn't cost that much to fix but the problem is getting a good mechanic to fix it. The fool that came to check mine said my ECU was faulty and needed replacement simply because he didn't notice any fault too-I just walked away. If I eventually get a good mechanic to fix mine, I'll let you know and if you do too, please let me know.
Re: Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Faulty oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2, if its a 4cylinder its after the catalyst. It costs about 25k for a brand new one, 5k for a tokumbor 1

The range switch is not more than 5k if its bad.

The evap leak is probably from your rusted tank cover.
Re: Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed by mayor2013: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
Call this numbers to get it fixed. 08165520837 or 08156087872. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Computerized Car Diagnosis Result - Advice Needed by chidike(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Faulty oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2, if its a 4cylinder its after the catalyst. It costs about 25k for a brand new one, 5k for a tokumbor 1

The range switch is not more than 5k if its bad.

The evap leak is probably from your rusted tank cover.
Hi, thanks for your response, so for about 10k can get this sorted? What about the tank cover how much will it cost?
3ace: Op, apart from the first two codes in the report you provided, I'm also facing the same issue with the last two codes(PO705 & PO850). I just created a thread concerning this and people here might think we are one and same person. I don't know about the other codes but those last two which I'm also experiencing are transmission issue and like you said, you won't notice any fault at all-this has been my experience too. Don't let them rip you off, that 130k bill is highway robbery. Based on my little research, those codes shouldn't cost that much to fix but the problem is getting a good mechanic to fix it. The fool that came to check mine said my ECU was faulty and needed replacement simply because he didn't notice any fault too-I just walked away. If I eventually get a good mechanic to fix mine, I'll let you know and if you do too, please let me know.
Thanks will appreciate that.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Like To Drive This Car ? / Your Views On BMW I3 ? (Photo) / 10 Safest Cars In The World For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.