Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1344985 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bayo0502(m): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
I heard that one can cancel his or her score immediately after the test but before u see your score. If cancelled, will i write it again or i will have to pay another moni for the test?
Pls someone shld ans
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheZed(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bayo0502:
I heard that one can cancel his or her score immediately after the test but before u see your score. If cancelled, will i write it again or i will have to pay another moni for the test?
Pls someone shld ans
You will have to pay another money.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please how do i use kaomafen.com. No practice test is showing
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Perotti: 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello guys, what's your take on Profs advertising research assistantships (mostly PhDs and PostDocs) in their lab or through other websites? I have been seeing PhD positions related to my field in Netherlands, US, Switzerland,and I have been applying tho no concrete response yet. Has anyone gotten an offer like this in the past, because this route is somewhat slightly different from the usual 'apply to a Department and get admission+TA' because its the Prof that is recruiting altho the Department must assent to the final candidates.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheZed(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2016
OGreene:
Please how do i use kaomafen.com. No practice test is showing
click on gre. you should see test mode on the page that displays afterwards. The verbal and quant are separated. There are about 28 sections each. you can create an account with them to have a record of your performances.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EmanA1928(m): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2016
Perotti:
Hello guys, what's your take on Profs advertising research assistantships (mostly PhDs and PostDocs) in their lab or through other websites? I have been seeing PhD positions related to my field in Netherlands, US, Switzerland,and I have been applying tho no concrete response yet. Has anyone gotten an offer like this in the past, because this route is somewhat slightly different from the usual 'apply to a Department and get admission+TA' because its the Prof that is recruiting altho the Department must assent to the final candidates.
Depending on your field though. I did make it to the interview stage on one particular occasion. We did skype and all. But i was placed on a reserve list if the person chosen rejected the position. And the person didn't. Though it was for a position in Italy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iseoluwa89(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2016
Gud am everyone, am planning to write the exam next year but please I need a gud study plan so as to make use of my time wisely...
Awaiting ur respone(s)...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Thank you. I'm seriously considering it again and hopefully it works out this time smiley
happyday:

Alright, It depends on your intended course though. Can I suggest; that you give the test a try, now that you've been powerfully informed? What do you say?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
I was pursuing Canada then, so I left it and diverted to the UK.
Gunbiz:

so wat did u now do, to get admission
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
This is what shows on the page i opened

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
And this when i click on GRE prep

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ndawe:
Thank you. I'm seriously considering it again and hopefully it works out this time smiley
Yeah please do. I'm sure everything will work out fine this time.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
Perotti:
Just like EmanA1928 said, it depends. But generally, it's harder to get in this way. Cos most times those profs would only want to fill one or two positions. Very few when compared to a standard departmental admissions process. So, in a case of advertising like this, the prof will simply rank order the applicants,and choose the BEST. Plus, since such positions are usually competed for by candidates globally, research experience weighs heavily more than test scores or GPA.

So, rather than wait till the Prof advertise, why not keep sending those emails to them,so that they can assure you of a place in their lab. Then, you can apply to the department, get your app scrutinized by the grad ad comms and then get admitted with funding, if you want/need it.

All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheZed(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
OGreene:
This is what shows on the page i opened
I don't think you're at the right place. use kmf.com instead.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ChemEngr01: 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
OGreene:
And this when i click on GRE prep
The Web address you typed is wrong. Use kaomanfen.com
Besides, I suggest you use a PC.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
The desktop version doesnt have where i can click 'translate to English' like in the pic

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheZed(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
OGreene:
The desktop version doesnt have where i can click 'translate to English' like in the pic
it has. try to use an updated google chrome. It will prompt you to translate.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 29, 2016
OGreene:
Sir, have you tried right clicking the page and then clicking on the
'translate to english' option?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2016
Thank you SirRiddy and TheZed

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2016
Thanks bro.
ChemEngr01:

The Web address you typed is wrong. Use kaomanfen.com
Besides, I suggest you use a PC.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2016
I feel like rescheduling. More practices and revisions waiting for me embarassed
But BY MAFIT is saying it might be too late to reschedule, dat if they send d request to ETS and they treat it tomorrow it would be less than the approved 4 days notice given .

Am to write ds Sunday sad
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
for those who have written
Can you select the institutions who can recieve your gre scores before the test or must it be done on the test day?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Good day guys, how is preparation going for those yet to write? Wish you all success grin grin!! But errrrrrm my own get as e be o, 9-5 is killing me. Whoever went through this should pls recommend a study regimen. HELP!! sad cry cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGreat342: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello,

I will be glad if anyone can send me a copy of a letter of recommendation. One of lecturer said I should give him a sample. My email is thegreat0342@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TheGreat342: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
ipledge01:

Check Princeton review verbal section, cracking the GRE

Thank you!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
doziej84:
for those who have written
Can you select the institutions who can recieve your gre scores before the test or must it be done on the test day?

Must be on test day. I believe it is TOEFL that you can select the schools a day before the test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Somebody please
Aig84:
Good day guys, how is preparation going for those yet to write? Wish you all success grin grin!! But errrrrrm my own get as e be o, 9-5 is killing me. Whoever went through this should pls recommend a study regimen. HELP!! sad cry cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by believerspraise: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
To all aspiring test takers, applicants and graduate students, I just want to encourage you that if you set your mind to do anything, be determined enough to persevere in-spite of the disappointments you may encounter in the process of striving towards your goal.
I will write in detail in my next post; I have to do that to give back as I have received. If you are reading this right now, the first thing you have to overcome is fear. Fear you might not pass the GRE, fear you might not get the Visa; replace that with faith. Believe you can do it, understand how things work i.e the exam, the visa interview and then prepare yourself. I had a 2.2, 304 on the gre and still got accepted into LSU for MSc Petroleum. I know Graduate admission is competitive; when you have honestly gone as far as your effort can take you, have faith in God.
Hope this helps some one out there. I give God the praise, shortly I'll share the rest.

12 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ModestGal(f): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
can somone pls send me the magoosh video link?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
believerspraise:
To all aspiring test takers, applicants and graduate students, I just want to encourage you that if you set your mind to do anything, be determined enough to persevere in-spite of the disappointments you may encounter in the process of striving towards your goal.
I will write in detail in my next post; I have to do that to give back as I have received. If you are reading this right now, the first thing you have to overcome is fear. Fear you might not pass the GRE, fear you might not get the Visa; replace that with faith. Believe you can do it, understand how things work i.e the exam, the visa interview and then prepare yourself. I had a 2.2, 304 on the gre and still got accepted into LSU for MSc Petroleum. I know Graduate admission is competitive; when you have honestly gone as far as your effort can take you, have faith in God.
Hope this helps some one out there. I give God the praise, shortly I'll share the rest.
Congrats. Go Tiger! "Have faith, not fear"> I got that! I'm thanking God on your behalf.

Ride on, bro.

I'll PM you shortly.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Aig84:
Somebody please
- Schedule to memorise the GRE vocabs any chance you get during the day. During breaks, while waiting in line, on the bus, in your spare time. >> A GRE Vocab app will be appropriate for this.
- I honestly believe you might have to be resting immediately you return from work, with the condition that you wake up later in the night.>> To work Quant problems, review your mistakes and make sure you don't make the same mistake twice.
- Also, set aside some few hours on weekends to review what you've done during the week. Resist the urge to keep cramming in new material every new week. You've a better chance of retention and application, if you take out time to retreat and review what you've learnt in the outgoing week; for the Vocabs, Quant concepts, and the mistakes you made.

Have you picked a test date?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
TheGreat342:
Hello,

I will be glad if anyone can send me a copy of a letter of recommendation. One of lecturer said I should give him a sample. My email is thegreat0342@gmail.com
Sent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.