Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347574 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chummygirl: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
@ DanjaNinja,
Why u dey treat me like this na? Abeg help ur sister na. I have sent the blank mail but no reply yet. Abeg send am to my box: chicousaus@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
chummygirl:
@ Danjaninja,
I sent a blank mail to the aforementioned email but I till haven't got the materials. Pls assist me. Thanx.

Hi, Please post your email address. Also, Can you please post a screenshot of the sent mail? So i can figure out the root cause of this issue. The number of undelivered mails is becoming alarming.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Spanishmario:
Hello house, please am in need of GRE materials. Sent a mail to the aforementioned mail in page1 but no reply in days.
Thanks

Hi, Please post your email address as well as a screenshot of the mail you sent so i can figure out the root cause of this issue.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
chummygirl:
@ DanjaNinja,
Why u dey treat me like this na? Abeg help ur sister na. I have sent the blank mail but no reply yet. Abeg send am to my box: chicousaus@yahoo.com

Lol. Why i dey treat you how? Please explain. undecided

In other news, check your inbox. wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Spanishmario(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Hi, Please post your email address as well as a screenshot of the mail you sent so i can figure out the root cause of this issue.

Emma4mario@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adewoleray: 9:08am On Jul 18, 2015
Pls how can I register for GRE exam? Can I make use of my MasterCard to register ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2015
adewoleray:
Pls how can I register for GRE exam? Can I make use of my MasterCard to register ?
yeah... Get a Mastercard and with a PayPal account you will be able to register for the test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2015
adewoleray:
Hello,I feel that we need to painstakingly go through all the posts to get the best outta this thread. This question had been answered at various times on this thread over and over again.You might not get the best of answers by asking same question again,tryna read through, apply what you 've got,if you meet a brickwall,ask specific questions and it would be adressed .By the way,i skimmed through for you and copied this out. Hope it helps
https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/293#24718753
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adewoleray: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2015
sirRiddy:
yeah... Get a Mastercard and with a PayPal account you will be able to register for the test.
OK thanks but pls how will I link my MasterCard with a paypall account ? Will I sign up on pen pan account, or how will I do it pls
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2015
adewoleray:

OK thanks but pls how will I link my MasterCard with a paypall account ? Will I sign up on pen pan account, or how will I do it pls
open the PayPal account, register a card with it and verify the card. Your Mastercard must be activated for Internet banking. Good luck.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adewoleray: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2015
sirRiddy:
open the PayPal account, register a card with it and verify the card. Your Mastercard must be activated for Internet banking. Good luck.
OK thanks my brother. I have just opened the paypay account, my card is at home, I will do it when I get home. I use a zenithbank ATM, and I already have internet banking on it
I will feed u back once I get home I link the card with it. Thanks a lot and God bless
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2015
sirRiddy:

SirRiddy, Omo iya mi. Thank you so much for the material. God will grant you ur heart desires. As you are rendering a helping hand to people so shall God render you a helping hand also.
Pls check ur inbox, I sent you mail. Kindly drop your number.
Pls I have a month left for my preparation, pls suggest the best study books and plan for me. I have been working with magoosh and Barron for quant.
The verbal section is tough, pls suggest me study plan and books that will make me do well in verbal part.
I don learn some big big words Buh e no dey help matter.

Hope to hear from u soon.
Ty
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2015
Welcome cool2015
I will have access to my mail tomorrow and respond to it. You should get the ets Quant and verbal books too. They will give you a lot of questions to practice with.

Adewoleray no problem. You guys should sha try to return and post your test experience. That is the only way the thread can be sustained.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adewoleray: 10:45am On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks everyone, especially Emeritus Professor SirRiddy.
Pls, I want to ask u. Do I really need to attend a tutorial classes for GRE, or is it something I can prepare myself with materials? I saw a tutorial class here in Ibadan for GRE coaching for 25k per month. Does it worth it pls?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2015
sirRiddy:
Welcome cool2015
I will have access to my mail tomorrow and respond to it. You should get the ets Quant and verbal books too. They will give you a lot of questions to practice with.

Adewoleray no problem. You guys should sha try to return and post your test experience. That is the only way the thread can be sustained.

SirRiddy,
Kindly send me the ETS Quant and Verbal books. What's ur own tips in scoring high on verbal part. Pls I need ur suggest.
Ty
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
adewoleray:
Thanks everyone, especially Emeritus Professor SirRiddy.
Pls, I want to ask u. Do I really need to attend a tutorial classes for GRE, or is it something I can prepare myself with materials? I saw a tutorial class here in Ibadan for GRE coaching for 25k per month. Does it worth it pls?

Well if you are an average student and a graduate, I don't think you should attend any coaching classes so long as you have the time to prepare for GRE.
The duration of your preparation before taking the actual test depends on how fast you comprehend the tricks used in solving GRE problems.
GRE is not difficult Buh it's tricky. You just have to master GRE vocab words and how to use them in context for you to do well in verbal section.
I'm also preparing for the exam and I'm coaching myself. Lol
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Adewole, while coaching might help, it would not make much difference if you do not devote enough time to self study. For instance, during my prep, I would have opted for the magoosh plan but I was contemplating due to the cost. After my test, I saw their videos and regretted not subscribing to their service. My test result was hinged on focused and dedicated prep and it paid off but a little increase in my verbal would have been appreciated.
If you have the cash, go for it if they have reputation but make the best out of it. You can post questions here that you find challenging and call it lessons learned. This will and interaction and learning.

Cool2015 I will send it when I have access to it. But you should download materials yourself from the Facebook group for GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
sirRiddy:
Adewole, while coaching might help, it would not make much difference if you do not devote enough time to self study. For instance, during my prep, I would have opted for the magoosh plan but I was contemplating due to the cost. After my test, I saw their videos and regretted not subscribing to their service. My test result was hinged on focused and dedicated prep and it paid off but a little increase in my verbal would have been appreciated.
If you have the cash, go for it if they have reputation but make the best out of it. You can post questions here that you find challenging and call it lessons learned. This will and interaction and learning.

Cool2015 I will send it when I have access to it. But you should download materials yourself from the Facebook group for GRE.
I have some material like Barron, Kaplan, grubber etc Buh I don't have ETS verbal and quant from the test makers. Kindly help me
Ty

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
For anyone having his/her test soon (prolly in month time) and stays around Osun state.I ve got the ets book and also Barron.I don't mind lending it out to anyone interested....

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Denvan: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
adewoleray:

OK thanks my brother. I have just opened the paypay account, my card is at home, I will do it when I get home. I use a zenithbank ATM, and I already have internet banking on it
I will feed u back once I get home I link the card with it. Thanks a lot and God bless
Pls, how did u open the paypal acct? What website did u use?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by adewoleray: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Denvan:

Pls, how did u open the paypal acct? What website did u use?
I googled PayPal registration in Nigeria and it brought the sign up page
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by daddee: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Some good and free materials are on youtube.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Denvan: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2015
adewoleray:

I googled PayPal registration in Nigeria and it brought the sign up page
Thanks bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by get2okey(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
Please add me to the fb group get2okey@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mekurexx: 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello House. I plan on taking GRE by october.i will like to get current or most recent preparation materials. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chummygirl: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
@ Danjaninja,

Thanx for the email. i have seen the materials but i cant open them. this is what it says when i tried opening them:

www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate will not be valid until 7/1/2015 9:30 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate).

i am confused. pls help
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2015
Will be writing GRE before the year runs out. I have Barrons 19th edition, Grubber 2015, Nova bible and Manhattan.

Please which other book do i need to ace this exam. Thank you.

I learnt i will still need the Magoosh plan for practice tests.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by vtsouthpaw(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
Kassidy4luv:
Will be writing GRE before the year runs out. I have Barrons 19th edition, Grubber 2015, Nova bible and Manhattan.

Please which other book do i need to ace this exam. Thank you.

I learnt i will still need the Magoosh plan for practice tests.
I wl also tak d exam b4 dis yr runs out. I ve Barron and Gruber for d prep, Can I get a soft copy of dt Manhattan frm u pls
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
For anyone not getting response from the self study mail,you can try downloading materials through this link, pending when danjaninja resolves the problem.#cheers
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/usbwtqrfp0px637/AADIbRkOHEYjRFUpkJ4XgO3Ea?dl=0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kapitain(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Pages 1-27 done and dusted. great thread and greater info...

Thanks to all seasoned contributors
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by masquellett(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
DanjaNinja:
Listen all, i just found this incredible online resource for GRE materials. Its a facebook group but its by invitation only. So drop ur email addresses or send me a pm and i'll send you an invite to the group. Here's the group link, however it can only be accessed by members of the group:

https://www./newgremaster/

After joining the group, head to the file section and you will find every book and test questions there. #OneLove

Jessolu@yahoo.com my Facebook account email address
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by masquellett(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mekurexx:
Hello House. I plan on taking GRE by october.i will like to get current or most recent preparation materials. Thanks
Same here bro. Just got the materials. Add me on whatsapp. We could exchange ideas and updates. 07033531886

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.