Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,056 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1345224 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Bro I have used WES, and my documents are waiting for verification.
To send your degree certificate: make a photocopy of it, put it in an envelope, address it to WES and also include your Reference No. then send it through NIPOST (Any Post Office). if you send it through post office in Lagos, it should get delivered to WES in New York in 2 weeks time.
modified: I just learnt that you can send it through fax as well.. all you need is just scan the document and send it through http://www.myfax.com/free/ (Zeezahbee. 2015. Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7) grin grin
this should be your best bet.
seeker88:
Please has anyone here used WES for transcript evaluation from Nigeria?

One of the required document for the transcript evaluation is a copy of candidate's degree certificate which is supposed to be sent to WES by the candidate concerned. Please who know the proper means through which the candidate sends such certificate to WES: uploading to WES online or sending the hard copy by post

Please, kindly assist with an urgent response.

Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
paulbets:
Bro I have used WES, and my documents are waiting for verification.
To send your degree certificate: make a photocopy of it, put it in an envelope, address it to WES and also include your Reference No. then send it through NIPOST (Any Post Office). if you send it through post office in Lagos, it should get delivered to WES in New York in 2 weeks time.
modified: I just learnt that you can send it through fax as well.. all you need is just scan the document and send it through http://www.myfax.com/free/ (Zeezahbee. 2015. Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7) grin grin
this should be your best bet.
Thanks a lot bro....I will try to send it via fax.
This swift response is really valuable. I was trying to chat u up on whatsapp, buy d messages weren't dropping..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2015
you welcome bro.
As per the whatsapp, I switched my data off through out today.
Goodluck!
seeker88:

Thanks a lot bro....I will try to send it via fax.
This swift response is really valuable. I was trying to chat u up on whatsapp, buy d messages weren't dropping..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
pascal2young:
TOEFL = done scored 100
GRE (August) = scared of verbal reasoning

9ce one bro. Keep it up.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
kessel:
I think it would be nice for everyone who went to write d standardized test thru ds forum to always return with their testimony as it will encourage prospective students to know that the exam is not as difficult as they think....my one penny though

Congrats @pascal

I completely agree. Life is reciprocal, the more you give, the more you get.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
neahyo:
My brothers, nna d verbal reasoning na die...
I'll be writing next year though...God help me

lol, i feel you bro. But you dont need to be afraid. With adequate preparations, na you go kill the verbal. wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
paulbets:
DanjaNinja grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Am sooooooo Happy for you bro. Keep flying...

Thanks bro. Am grateful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Congrats my oga DANJA...
I remember contacting you for GRE advice around September last. I asked that I would like to meet you so you can give me GRE ginger, you said 'oya take ginger, ginger o, ginger o'.
You are a blessing to me and countless others on this forum. Your legacy will always change lives just like you are doing presently.
I am really excited about your approval. I wish you get to US and break barriers in research with juicy job prospects and impact your community positively and tremendously. Congrats sir. God bless you. Keep smiling, keep winning.

oh mehn this almost made me cry. embarassed embarassed
Thanks alot bro. Am grateful.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
TJ18:
It's not surprising to me you got your visa danjaninja,at a time my GRE reading was going awkward, this thread served as the saving grace. The way you succinctly explain stuff both on this thread and by email really wowed me...Congrats and greater heights man.

All glory goes to God, he made everything possible.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by baruzeez(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello guys please how can I get free ebooks on GRE and TOEFL
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
pennstate:
Congrat DanjaNinja on your visa approval.

Thanks bro. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Cephas0009:
Congratulations DanjaNinja cool Greater heights.. Let d testimony keep pouring in... Will join u soon

Thank you very much bro.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
doziej84:

I have 2 questions

1. TOEFL VS IELTS, which is easier to pass and make high scores?
2. Having an B.SC + M.SC from Nigeria, how possible is it obtaining admission straight into a P.hd programme with GRE alone(without toefl or ielts)?

I no get money, so i wan write only GRE, na wetin make i dey ask o?

1. TOEFL is much more universally acceptable. However in the Uk and certain European countries, IELTS has more weight. What really matters is the academic requirement of the school you wish to attend.

2. I have no idea. Talk to the international admissions department of the school you wish to attend. They are in the best position to answer this question.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
emmanueloluwa:
Hi guyz.... Im so happy to finally find a group like this on NL... Please guyz, im intending to do my Msc abroad, either US or Canada... I know i need Gre and Toefl... But i dont know Jack about how to go about it. Ve been postponing ever since becos of lack of concrete Info..... Please.... Can someone please put me through on how this is done? Please im really begging any info so as to knkw where to start and know how to go about this whole thing.
God bless...
My email is bmanuel992000@gmail.com
Phone no watsapp: 08110236630
Thanks in advance

am working on a thread on how to find and get admitted to an american universities. I really dont know if you can wait till i finish that post as my schedule is really tight at the moment. But you will find all the info you need here: https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/1
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fablady:

Riddy, pls add me to the gre Facebook group. I don send mail tire to danja. He no free answer me. Maybe he does not like me. Lol. Will pm you now. Thanks.

This right here had me laughing all day long.
Have you gotten the materials now?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fablady:
thanks so much. I am currently using Manhattan, Barron and Gruber

for quant and verbal use go with barrons. Its really good. It starts with the basic assumption that you know very little. Additionally it is well structured and full of many useful examples. Then proceed to solving alot of questions on nova and manhattan. Please solve as much questions as you can o!!!!!!! This part is really important. You can read all you want but if you cant solve questions, your knowledge is irrelevant.

For Analytic writing, i'll advise you use kaplan. Its really, really good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
throw gruber away, apologies to the gruber fans.

You took the words out of my mouth, i was going to say the same.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2015
I feel grubber tried in the verbal... With those word roots, etc. Vocab
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
DanjaNinja:

for quant and verbal use go with barrons. Its really good. It starts with the basic assumption that you know very little. Additionally it is well structured and full of many useful examples. Then proceed to solving alot of questions on nova and manhattan. Please solve as much questions as you can o!!!!!!! This part is really important. You can read all you want but if you cant solve questions, your knowledge is irrelevant.

For Analytic writing, i'll advise you use kaplan. Its really, really good.

Thanks danja. Congrats! Enjoy yanki but remember to do us proud in your studies.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Ok finally did d almighty GRE today and got meager score of 151V and 155Q. Not so great a score.. but thanks to u all... And DanjaNinja thanks boss

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 23, 2015
Please i want to do TOEFL, what do i need (books) to get a score above 100?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 23, 2015
pascal2young:
TOEFL = done scored 100
GRE (August) = scared of verbal reasoning
please what books and material did you use for TOEFL and what was the duration of your preparation?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 5:03am On Aug 23, 2015
paulbets:
Ok finally did d almighty GRE today and got meager score of 151V and 155Q. Not so great a score.. but thanks to u all... And DanjaNinja thanks boss

Could have been better but great work bro. Can you please share your experience and we could learn from you?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Could have been better but great work bro. Can you please share your experience and we could learn from you?
Danja please i need TOEFL materials ,the relevant ones..please help me out,i am targeting a between 100-110
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Donprada:
Danja please i need TOEFL materials ,the relevant ones..please help me out,i am targeting a between 100-110
Go to notefull.com,and download their videos.
Also 4shared.com and type'TOEFL official guide'...
You will be able to download both the textbook and the software.
Follow the notefull video strategy religiously, you should be fine with that. It worked for me.#107

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ18(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2015
paulbets:
You tried boss.Well done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kfrosh: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hello all; plss can someone give me the precise address of GMAT/GRE test centre(s) in Lagos.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
paulbets:

I agree that it could have been better but you tried. As long as it can get you your admission, you are good!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pascal2young(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Donprada:
please what books and material did you use for TOEFL and what was the duration of your preparation?
used kaplan,barron,preston nd ets official copy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pascal2young(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
paulbets:
nice one bro......shifted my date due to some issues
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
pascal2young:

used kaplan,barron,preston nd ets official copy
thank you so much for your response, please can you send those books to me or where can I download them?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
TJ18:

Go to notefull.com,and download their videos.
Also 4shared.com and type'TOEFL official guide'...
You will be able to download both the textbook and the software.
Follow the notefull video strategy religiously, you should be fine with that. It worked for me.#107
thank you. I will do as you said..i appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.