Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1346901 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by learner007(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
ponpon:
Yeye dey smell, sir Mafit

So Na only B.Y. MAFIT you see inside this long story Your matter long well well. The truth is that you need to see what goes on there, only you will understand how on point BY MAFIT is when it comes to GRE, GMAT and TOEFL exams. Countless testimonies on this platform here also lend credence to this singular claim. As far as I'm concerned, B.Y MAFIT is still the best so far...affordable, free materials and FREE LECTURES shocked . Haba, stop this beef...it doesn't boost your start up in anyway. My 2 cent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Another one! Who free lectures help for GRE, 1 out of every 100000000000000000000000000000000, Y'all keep the request coming jare GRE 45K TOEFL 40K Free magoosh and other A+ materials, and some from my personal archive
learner007:

So Na only B.Y. MAFIT you see inside this long story Your matter long well well. The truth is that you need to see what goes on there, only you will understand how on point BY MAFIT is when it comes to GRE, GMAT and TOEFL exams. Countless testimonies on this platform here also lend credence to this singular claim. As far as I'm concerned, B.Y MAFIT is still the best so far...affordable, free materials and FREE LECTURES shocked . Haba, stop this beef...it doesn't boost your start up in anyway. My 2 cent

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by learner007(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
ponpon:
Another one! Who free lectures help for GRE, 1 out of every 100000000000000000000000000000000, Y'all keep the request coming jare GRE 45K TOEFL 40K Free magoosh and other A+ materials, and some from my personal archive

I no stop your advert o bro, na wetin me I really benefit from I share with others sir...no fight at all. May be you should just try and include free lectures that exactly simulate exam situations like BY MAFIT does, then your own testimonials go start to flow in. Doh!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DexxyAlebs(m): 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
learner007:

You know the funny thing is myself and a number of my friends attended the BY Mafits lecture, the lectures are great no doubt, but this our guy is overdoing it jare, and brings suspicion, must BY Mafit be in that story? It all looks cooked up jare.

Frostc good luck in all your future endeavors, we hope to still see you here advertise for BY Mafits when school fully resumes.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello Fall 2019 candidates.
How has GRE prep been so far?
Hope we're not sleeping?
Let's all keep this thread alive.
If you have Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, please let me know. I really need the book.
I wish everyone good luck.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hi. You can download Word Power Made Easy and any other book you may need for free at www.libgen.io Simply search for the book and click on one of the libgen links to download. smiley
Battywonder:
Hope we're not sleeping?
If you have Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, please let me know. I really need the book.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Congratulations Scholastica16. So happy for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lmao!!!!!!! That simulate exam conditions
���������
learner007:

I no stop your advert o bro, na wetin me I really benefit from I share with others sir...no fight at all. May be you should just try and include free lectures that exactly simulate exam situations like BY MAFIT does, then your own testimonials go start to flow in. Doh!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 12:14am On Jan 25, 2018
Thank you Masterforcell, I just downloaded the e-book. Though, I downloaded it from a different source when I couldn't get my way around the website. I'll try using the website next time when I need to download e-books.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 7:36am On Jan 25, 2018
Of course people would not really want to say much on the platform any longer as the main purpose has been derailed. As I earlier said, I will not engage in a banter with any particular person. Learner007, please save your energy. What's happening here is lucid enough. I would suggest you help others on this forum by answering relevant questions and sharing your wealth of experience as those who began this thread did and are reaping the fruits as they all have became successful in their quest as well. Share your thoughts and assist others. Don't banter.

My purpose on this thread are multivaried but can be encapsulated under two distinct sub headings

1. Help others through the little experience I have gathered in this process

2. Help shed light on what helped me. And that's B.Y Mafit. I spent the whole week at Mafit every week for months going for lectures, speaking with staffs, getting assistance with application, getting everything for FREE. And I am here to talk about that. The networking with students some of which are here and have refused to talk for the fear of being attacked is great. It's like a big family there and we help each other a lot. Even learning is community based as we take it outside the classroom walls and we are up till 3am at times, solving difficult equations. The instructor who simplifies it all, "Mr. James" also deserves a medal. I just feel it's a little to give back considering how much I have been impacted from start till I got my visa. When you see people stand up for them here, it's not just gain say. No matter how much I am hushed up, it's a waste of time.

If you go back on this thread, you will see tons of others who have done exactly what I am doing now. It's hard to hide a light under a bushel. Yes I am also here to talk about Mafit. Get a padlock and put on my lips. You still will not stop me. I advise you get used to it. And that's a general statement not targeted at any one

For those who have things to share here. Points, materials, scholarships, schools and the likes, you have an open floor. Remember the law of Karma. What goes around comes around.

Once again, I wish everyone success. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post it and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Don't be deterred. You will get there!

Battywonder:
Hope we're not sleeping?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 8:49am On Jan 25, 2018
So... Let's get down to business shall we?

In the next few posts or maybe few days, I will be sharing tips and steps for people who do not have a hang of what we are talking about and how to start and finish your applications, at least from my own point of view. I'll start off from the very beginning. Gaining admission. I suggest you bookmark this thread and check from time to time.

1. Do you really want to study abroad? : Studying abroad from my own experience and from discussing with other people normally starts as a wishful thinking or due to the poor state of our educational system. To some, they wish to study abroad due to the glitters they see on TV screens and their friends who "travelled out" at some point. To some, its a means of achieving their educational ambition. This may seem obvious, but before starting your grad school application, it’s worth spending some time thinking about exactly why you’re applying. This may include your passion for the subject and desire for academic challenge, as well as how you hope to benefit from the degree in the longer term. The first set of questions prospective Masters students need to ask are internal, and addressed to themselves: What are my professional and personal goals? What are my academic and professional strengths and weaknesses? What are the characteristics of the universities and cities in which I would like to study? Having a thorough understanding of your reasons for applying to grad school will not only help you to select the most relevant courses to apply to; it will also help you to convince admissions officers that you’re a perfect match for their graduate program.

2. Spend time researching: You need to devote a sizeable number of man hours to conducting research on the schools, scholarship opportunities and graduate assistantships. Get a cue from scholastica who knew exactly what he wanted and knew the requirements of the scholarships he was applying for even before he applied. All these are available on a google search.

3. When you have pruned down your school based on the aforementioned indices, it's time to look at application requirements and deadlines. Many scholarship applications have early and strict deadlines, so, you need to put in your application early enough. Take the GRE and TOEFL so you would be in the clear. It's a lot of work.

4. DO NOT PAY ANY AGENT TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR SCHOOL APPLICATION: Many of these agents have partnership with expensive schools that will drain you dry and won't give you one penny in scholarships or grants as they are out to milk you of your hard earned money. Well, I know Mafit does admission processing, so for the first time, I may not support them on this grin grin grin . Thingy is, when you go from one agency to another, you will see the same set of schools everywhere. Many agents will also force you to take schools and programs that are not the best for you. Some will not even apply to the school you want and give you a lousy school because they have some kind of commission structure for them. Most of all, at the embassy, those guys know all these school and the moment you get to the embassy, they already know you went through an agent and that is why many people get denied. Don't fall into that trap!

5. Getting admissions/scholarship is not as hard as you think: Just follow the rules, know which qualifications work for you, meet deadlines, apply to as many schools as you can, get your GRE and TOEFL scores and ask questions

In my next post I will advise on statement of purpose, Letters of recommendations and how to get the application process right.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Darius4God(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2018
What are my chances of getting scholarship without GRE or TOFEL?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2018
Darius4God:
What are my chances of getting scholarship without GRE or TOFEL?

Good question. It is possible to get scholarships but many of these scholarships would be institutional based scholarships like governmental, communal based or awarding bodies. These are very competitive and many at times evasive.

The best scholarship you can get would be the one from the school. The thing about the GRE is that is is more or less like a pruning instrument. Schools receive funding and they have to disburse these funding in scholarships. In order to be fair, they use the GRE along with other indices to select who they will give these funds. Many schools would not accept you into their program without a GRE score; so, scholarships would also not be possible without it.

In as much as one would like to skip the GRE, in practical terms, it makes it easier to get funding.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamrid: 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello guru in the house.

I have been following this thread for quite some time now.

I have HND in electrical/electronic Engineering (Upper credit)cgpa (3.78).I have done my research i made to understand that Some USA university do collect HND for Masters perhaps the person evaluate the result and have Good GRE scores.

I wish to know how i can pass GRE, Evaluate my result and proposed Admission period i should look up to.

Also the schools i should look up to and assistance/guidiance in any form will be highly appreciated.
My e-mail is jamrid4@gmail.com

Await you candid response.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ladson: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
MasterforceII:
Hi. You can download Word Power Made Easy and any other book you may need for free at www.libgen.io Simply search for the book and click on one of the libgen links to download. smiley
abeg what is this book for and the likes?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
Your GPA seems good enough, though, many schools would frown at an HND. Of course as rightly indicated,
You may want to take the GRE to boost your chances of getting in.

It is better to evaluate your transcripts first but don't request for it to be sent to the school until you see it. Let's see if they would say it is equivalent to a US college degree then you can be in the clear to send.

You can check out Wright State University.

Which admission term are you looking at?

Cheers!
jamrid:
Hello guru in the house.

I have been following this thread for quite some time now.

I have HND in electrical/electronic Engineering (Upper credit)cgpa (3.78).I have done my research i made to understand that Some USA university do collect HND for Masters perhaps the person evaluate the result and have Good GRE scores.

I wish to know how i can pass GRE, Evaluate my result and proposed Admission period i should look up to.

Also the schools i should look up to and assistance/guidiance in any form will be highly appreciated.
My e-mail is jamrid4@gmail.com

Await you candid response.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamrid: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2018
frostsc:
Your GPA seems good enough, though, many schools would frown and an HND. Of course as rightly indicated,

It is better to evaluate your transcripts first but don't request for it to be sent to the school until you see it. Let's see if they would say it is equivalent to a US college degree then you can be in the clear to send.

Cheers!

Boss

I Don't really understand what you mean by admission terms

More light will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamrid: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2018
frostsc:
Your GPA seems good enough, though, many schools would frown at an HND. Of course as rightly indicated,

Cheers!

Boss

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Oh okay.

I meant are you going for the Fall, Spring or Summer entry? i.e August, January or April entry?

jamrid:

Boss

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ladson:

abeg what is this book for and the likes?
Word Power Made Easy was written by Norman Lewis. The book helps you to build a superior and effective vocabulary.
The book is really a great way to learn etymology. In addition, you learn how to talk about various practitioners and many more.
It's a great read for the GRE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jamrid: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
frostsc:
Oh okay.

I meant are you going for the Fall, Spring or Summer entry? i.e August, January or April entry?

Fall 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 4:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Just in: Admit from WVU MSc. Industrial Engineering.
#TeamFall2018

10 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018
Congrat bro
9ice 1

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jelmusboy(m): 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
VR is my greatest nightmare, those vocabularies are not helping matter all. Any clue on how to solve this misery?

Still preparing to write GRE for Fall 2018.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smallsuper: 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
Fall 2018 or you mean 2019?
jelmusboy:
VR is my greatest nightmare, those vocabularies are not helping matter all. Any clue on how to solve this misery?

Still preparing to write GRE for Fall 2018.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smallsuper: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2018
Congrats bro. Please let keep them rolling.
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jelmusboy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Fall 2018.

smallsuper:
Fall 2018 or you mean 2019?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by RexCheeng: 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2018
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018
Senior man!!!
Congratulations! Funding Fall on you.
#YesWeCan #Fall2018

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018
Congratulations! Funding on the way bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018

Osheyy. Congrats bro. More to come #YesWeCan

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks guys. I pray we all get the complete package (Admit+ Funding) soon.
#TeamFall2018

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by trillville(m): 2:37am On Jan 27, 2018
mfarad:
#TeamFall2018

A very big congratulations to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: Onyedelmagnifico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.