Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347738 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Amahjosh(m): 4:28pm On May 12, 2018
Can throw more light on this question
Amahjosh:
hello fam... Am a silent follower of this thread but the profiles am seeing is really making scared. I got a 2.2 3.34/5 am currently undergoing intense prep for GRE. My question is with this my low CGPA can it fly for funding if i get other things right like GRE,Toefl and my SOP and which program should i apply for to get funding easily Phd or masters. I need replies from the gurus in the house.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kekenation(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2018
Anybody in Lagos that can help me with Magoosh video please? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hill55: 9:56pm On May 12, 2018
https:///GHwJXiImWoy46b2Cx5owrx

thats the link for the whatsapp study group as copied
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 11:05pm On May 12, 2018
Amahjosh:
Can throw more light on this question

What course are you going for?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Amahjosh(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2018
Telecommunication Engineering / Network Engineering..Am a Certified Network Engineer. CCNA to be precise
MasterforceII:

What course are you going for?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 8:50am On May 13, 2018
Amahjosh:
Telecommunication Engineering / Network Engineering..Am a Certified Network Engineer. CCNA to be precise

I don't think your cgpa is as low as you think. Infact, you should stand a little above 3.0/4.0 on the WES scale which is usually the benchmark for most good engineering programs. That being said, you should focus on the other parts of your application - GRE/TOEFL, LOR, SOP. You should aim for a GRE score of 320+ with a quant score of 160+. You can do it! Funding in that case will be very plausible. Maybe just not from highly ranked schools.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 13, 2018
reDazey:
Hey, I am female. grin
awww.. sorry about that ma'am
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Amahjosh(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2018
Thank you sir....Just what i needed....
MasterforceII:

I don't think your cgpa is as low as you think. Infact, you should stand a little above 3.0/4.0 on the WES scale which is usually the benchmark for most good engineering programs. That being said, you should focus on the other parts of your application - GRE/TOEFL, LOR, SOP. You should aim for a GRE score of 320+ with a quant score of 160+. You can do it! Funding in that case will be very plausible. Maybe just not from highly ranked schools.
Goodluck
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mollode: 3:15pm On May 13, 2018
Good day to everyone here.... have bn reading from great people here. most of people sharing info here are from engineering background. am a graduate of Agricultural Economics and Extension do I need GRE as well? my cgpa is 4.12 of 5.0. if yes... what should be my target point for me to be consider for either Msc or PhD. thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2018
hill55:

Hello please can you stop this whatsapp group bruhaha..The main purpose of this thread is to serve as a archive where present and future test takers can learn from...If you still insist on the whatsapp group,create your own thread..I am trying very hard not be angry.Good day.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2018
mollode:
Good day to everyone here.... have bn reading from great people here. most of people sharing info here are from engineering background. am a graduate of Agricultural Economics and Extension do I need GRE as well? my cgpa is 4.12 of 5.0. if yes... what should be my target point for me to be consider for either Msc or PhD. thanks
It depends on the country you wish to study but if you have USA or Canada on your mind,GRE is neccessary.Your target point should be as high as possible(〉= 320(my view though))..Nice GPA you have there..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Obyknow(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2018
Good evening guys
I sat for my first ever GRE last month,quite nervous on the test day. I had a score of 310 (160Q 150V 3AWA),few marks shy from my target score �.
I really need advice from the house on whether I should put in an application or retake the GRE cos I really need fundings.

B. Eng: Petroleum Engineering
CGPA: 4.47/5
GRE: 310
Intended M. Eng Program : Chemical Engineering
Receiving Institutions: 1. Florida A&M University
2. Cleveland state University
3. North Carolina A&T State University
4. Prairie View A & M University
Institutions which would be better in terms of awarding scholarship and assistanceship to my preferred course of study would be highly welcomed.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mollode: 6:35pm On May 13, 2018
calculator123:

It depends on the country you wish to study but if you have USA or Canada on your mind,GRE is neccessary.Your target point should be as high as possible(〉= 320(my view though))..Nice GPA you have there..

Noted. thanks for responding.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2018
Quoran:
Okay. Please, Send me a PM
Can you kindly shoot me some of the material mail is geekeyes123@gmail.com..Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2018
mollode:

Noted. thanks for responding.
You are welcome.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2018
Obyknow:
Good evening guys
I sat for my first ever GRE last month,quite nervous on the test day. I had a score of 310 (160Q 150V 3AWA),few marks shy from my target score �.
I really need advice from the house on whether I should put in an application or retake the GRE cos I really need fundings.

Institutions which would be better in terms of awarding scholarship and assistanceship to my preferred course of study would be highly welcomed.
Thanks.
Cc Quoran,happyday,Time2smile and all the bosses in the house..help a brother
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Matinoh: 11:09pm On May 13, 2018
Hey guys. I just started studying for the GRE and I now know why most people score higher in quant than verbal.. The vocab is something else. I want to know if the goal is to cram the words or master the art of guessing correctly. thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 1:42am On May 14, 2018
Obyknow:
Good evening guys

Thanks.
It is always difficult to suggest schools because you are the only one that know yourself and what's important to you. If you go through these thread I am sure you will see some schools people have applied to and gotten accepted. You can also come up with schools that are not yet popular in here and in turn open the doors for others when you get in.
Personally I am not a fan of Cleveland state, I think you should aim higher considering your GPA.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 1:44am On May 14, 2018
Matinoh:
Hey guys. I just started studying for the GRE and I now know why most people score higher in quant than verbal.. The vocab is something else. I want to know if the goal is to cram the words or master the art of guessing correctly. thanks
Neither of the two. You should learn and understand the meaning of the word in context and different usage in sentences.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hybeenoni: 8:27am On May 14, 2018
Good morning everyone
Just started studying verbal and would appreciate your kind recommendation on materials that can really help boost my score.

Have downloaded magoosh flashcard and started my vocabulary already.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by franklyncj: 12:35pm On May 14, 2018
please is there any GRE study centre in UMUAHIA, abia state. kindly link me up ... chijiokea2003@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Euopal(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2018
Japanese Governmet announces MEXT Scholarship 2018/2019 Deadlines | Past Questions. MEXT Scholarship (Research, Undergraduate, College of Technology and Specialized Training College) application is now open. Here, we have updated the deadline for the application, the past questions and the universities participating.

AGBAMI SCHOLARSHIP 2018/2019 APPLICATION DEADLINES

FIND DETAILS: https://www.gistmate.com.ng/mext-scholarship-2018-2019/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 3:15pm On May 14, 2018
calculator123:

Cc Quoran,happyday,Time2smile and all the bosses in the house..help a brother

It really depends on who else is in the application pool. Personally, I suggest you re-take it, if you feel you could do better than that score.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 3:33pm On May 14, 2018
Sure. Kindly send me a PM
calculator123:

Can you kindly shoot me some of the material mail is geekeyes123@gmail.com..Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 3:47pm On May 14, 2018
Personally, I don't think memorising loads of words help so much. With an average understanding of words structure and understanding the question structure itself, you can score many good points. Look at Magoosh frequently used or appearing words.They help alot. I remember seeing the word 'hodgepodge' on my second GRE. I first learned it from Magoosh Android app.

Your understanding of the comprehension passage will definitely increase if you have much time to read the passages and answer the questions. Unfortunately, on the test day, you don't have that luxury. However, with some techniques , you can score well in that section. If you have been a reader of quality literature, you can nail those questions without much stress.

I personally focused on getting most of my sentence equivalent and text completion questions right. With the techniques I learned from Manhattan, I scored well in that area. I deduced that from the official test diagnostics.

Also, do alot of practice test. Kaplan have improved their online tests. They are really close to the actually test questions. The practice test questions are free online. You can do a timed test, set a test on only areas of your weakness or strength also. It is really good and helpful.

Matinoh:

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2018
While others have increased their price to 60k we remain the cheapest staying 25% cheaper than that price.

Contact me asap while offer lasts

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GraceJoks: 5:43pm On May 15, 2018
Good afternoon,

A friend of mine wants to take the TOEFL exam soon. How much will it cost @ ponpon. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ib0221: 7:13pm On May 15, 2018
Hello everyone, is the cv written for admission processing for pgd written exactly like that of job searching. I will appreciate your guidance or samples greatly.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2018
hill55:

I think you are not serious. how many times have they warned you about sharing Whatsapp link on this group? would you have the opportunity to benefit in all the messages here if we had all gone to Whatsapp two years ago. I will definitely ban you from this forum if you post nonsense link again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:23am On May 16, 2018
MrCuteking:
Wow! Not up to 24hours ago that I called B.Y maffit’s customer care centre when I was hoping to pay 45k for my GRE registration but to my greatest surprise they said they’ve stopped thier “one time promo” shocked . enabling the amount to go back to its usual price of 90k. cry I was even begging them online that they should please accept 60k becuase they never told me it was promo. undecided . On getting to nairaland as usual to seek for help I bumped into this superhuman whose nickname is lincoffm... grin cheesy . Chai and choi! He helped me with an affordable price with discount of 50% as I was able to remove change from the initial 45k and still pay for registration. As in ehn. I was at home and my registration was completed without stress. @lincoffm. May the raining showers of blessings continue to fall on you. Let the world say amen kiss

cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Euopal(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2018
MEXT Post-Graduate Scholarship past Questions and Deadlines | Exam Dates and venue=https://www.gistmate.com.ng/mext-scholarship-2018-date-venue/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 16, 2018
Kindly help me with your email..#Quoran

Quoran:
Personally, I don't think memorising loads of words help so much. With an average understanding of words structure and understanding the question structure itself, you can score many good points. Look at Magoosh frequently used or appearing words.They help alot. I remember seeing the word 'hodgepodge' on my second GRE. I first learned it from Magoosh Android app.

Your understanding of the comprehension passage will definitely increase if you have much time to read the passages and answer the questions. Unfortunately, on the test day, you don't have that luxury. However, with some techniques , you can score well in that section. If you have been a reader of quality literature, you can nail those questions without much stress.

I personally focused on getting most of my sentence equivalent and text completion questions right. With the techniques I learned from Manhattan, I scored well in that area. I deduced that from the official test diagnostics.

Also, do alot of practice test. Kaplan have improved their online tests. They are really close to the actually test questions. The practice test questions are free online. You can do a timed test, set a test on only areas of your weakness or strength also. It is really good and helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.