Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1336924 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:47am On May 28, 2016
daejih:
Good morning everyone. I believe we all are having a beautiful morning.
Mmm.. Mm. *clears throat*

So... I wrote this much dreaded GRE yesterday. Wrote at JKK. Everything went fine. The wasted our time sha. And for some 30 mins that seemed like eternity their systems started acting up showing one error like that. I was still on Issue task. For a moment I thought that was the end of it. $200 gone. LOL.

Midway into the exam I started asking myself different questions...

Who send me work?
What am I looking for?
Wetin I find come here? I'm I supposed to be here?
How's this suppose to add up to my life?
Wetin make me com write this exam sef? LMAO. Don't mind me, one of those things. Just for the laughs.

I promised to share my experience as soon as i'm done and I won't renege on that.

I had 302. Quant 157 Verbal 145.

Not what I wanted. Had high hopes. All the same, not too bad. I should be able to do something with it.

In hindsight, truth be told, overall, GRE isn't much a big deal. Believe you can. Anybody can write. Just study as much as you can and believe.
I didn't do too well but you can do more. If I have another shot at it. I should do far better as it was my first.

Guys please study you Reading Comprehension very well. GRE RC is not MacMillan Reading Comprehension o. Didn't study Verbal as much as I studied for Quant. Thing is.. its evident in my scores. A word is enough.

Most importantly I want to say thank you to everyone on this platform. Trust me, every of your individual inputs did a lot and I would be ungrateful not mention this. DanjaNinja, SirRiddy, ProfTpe and others. Thank you. A big thank you. God bless you all.

Onto the next one.
Congrats Bro. ... greater heights

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:00am On May 28, 2016
Jumybecks:
Congrats Bro. ... greater heights
congrat bro....is there any GRE centre in Ogun state aside Lagos in southwest?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:47am On May 28, 2016
pepe4reps:

congrat bro....is there any GRE centre in Ogun state aside Lagos in southwest?
Not at all .....only Lagos
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dicapino: 11:59am On May 28, 2016
Hello guys I need the Manhattan books....the 8 books..that covers Quant and verbal. Also Princeton review.

Can anyone compress and send to my email. dicapino@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrjojo: 1:20pm On May 28, 2016
donxab:

donsab4me@yahoo.com Please add me
done!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrjojo: 1:21pm On May 28, 2016
nneuba26:

Please add me to the fb group. Blink124me@yahoo.com. Thanks
done!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 2shuz: 1:24pm On May 28, 2016
I haven't written my test but I. Just want to thank Danjaninja for this info. I've been going nuts and frustrated with preparing for this exam. And I stumbled on your write-up.
Practicing the tests have been better, I now have direction.

Will keep you posted on my score. Thanks again for sharing this indept full information. God bless you DinjaNinja
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 28, 2016
@ Mr jojo please add me to the group..ojcity_22@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 5:01pm On May 28, 2016
SirRiddy!! Baba Nla!
So happy for you. Congratulations bro. Keep soaring, Blessings on Blessings to you.

grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 28, 2016
paulbets thanks a lot smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 10:53pm On May 28, 2016
Ponpon... You tye guy from the fb oage.. wow, that your question on compound interest get as he be oo..

Please I have already started preparing for my GRE, I would be writing it in September.

Please which practice test can I take, I have used the power prep, what other preparatory materials can I use that would help me simulate GRE questions as it is..

Thanks. Looking forward to your replies
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2016
Ponpon... You tye guy from the fb oage.. wow, that your question on compound interest get as he be oo..

Please I have already started preparing for my GRE, I would be writing it in September.

Please which practice test can I take, I have used the power prep, what other preparatory materials can I use that would help me simulate GRE questions as it is..

SirRiddy Congratulations again. Na ur hand I dai oooo
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 28, 2016
Thanks.
Go to this site: kaomanfen.com
You need to right click and 'translate to english' as the
website is in chinese. There are practice tests for both
GRE and TOEFL.
You can subscribe to magoosh if you can spare the cash. If you
cannot, kaomanfen and powerprep should be good too.
Good luck bro.
temi4fash:

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2016
sirRiddy:
Thanks.
GRE and TOEFL.
Good luck bro.

Thanks boss.. I would do just dat..

Please if I re download the power preo on ets site would it still be the same question or it would have changed
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2016
sirRiddy:
Thanks.
GRE and TOEFL.
Good luck bro.

Please if I re download the power preo on ets site would it still be the same question or it would have changed

I hear guys talk about question bank what are they talking about.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 28, 2016
Same questions. That is why you should only
take the tests when you are ready to.
The question banks are
1. Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1
2. Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1
Check this link: http://store.ets.org/store/ets/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.3551800
The two books are available on the GRE facebook group for free
temi4fash:

I hear guys talk about question bank what are they talking about.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:02am On May 29, 2016
Well done bro, congratulations on your score. Quite impressive
My whatsapp is currently inactive. You may send me an email or pm.
I would be willing to discuss your grad school plans and offer tips when I deem fit.
Good luck.
ponpon:
I hope sey una read my epistle and digest am...

Start the nairaland hustle from jamb 2008, 2010 boys sha make am...

Graduate school hustle Don start...

Abeg sirRiddy and danjaninja can I have your email or what's app number would like to communicate with you guys on the next steps to take ..

For those who can also help, I no belittle una oooh...

My profile for now still Under graduate 3.56/4.0 marine sciences, fisheries major, Gre 310, I'm working on publishing my project into 3 papers bless.... Other things needed should be indicated

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by battoyyeb(m): 6:47am On May 29, 2016
temi4fash:

Am also looking forward to September to take my test
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MaReke: 6:49am On May 29, 2016
Hey guys!

Can someone kindly give me a breakdown of the cost for GRE?

I'd like to take it in September.

Does taking classes make sense and where are the good tutorial centers?

Please help.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MaReke: 7:10am On May 29, 2016
DanjaNinja:

I found a standalone simulator for the GRE...Turns out its way better than POWERPREP. Holla me if you need a copy.

Hello. Thank you so much for the information. I need this. Already tried to PM you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:54am On May 29, 2016
sirRiddy:
paulbets thanks a lot smiley

Hello,please you haven't replied me
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by battoyyeb(m): 8:05am On May 29, 2016
MaReke:
Hey guys!

Can someone kindly give me a breakdown of the cost for GRE?

I'd like to take it in September.

Does taking classes make sense and where are the good tutorial centers?

Please help.

Am also preparing for the exam, September in view
The cost is $205

But I think if u get all the materials needed, it is easy to study alone which am actually doin and its ok. The tutorials are quite expensive

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:14am On May 29, 2016
battoyyeb:

The cost is $205

But I think if u get all the materials needed, it is easy to study alone which am actually doin and its ok. The tutorials are quite expensive
i'm also preparin to take gre this september..studying alone
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
Did you send me a message? Please resend.
ebim:

Hello,please you haven't replied me
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dicapino: 1:45pm On May 29, 2016
dicapino:
Hello guys I need the Manhattan books....the 8 books..that covers Quant and verbal. Also Princeton review.

Can anyone compress and send to my email. dicapino@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Please is there anyone here whose got this book please help me compress and seND.

I use God beg una
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 29, 2016
dicapino:

Please is there anyone here whose got this book please help me compress and seND.

I use God beg una
its large..are you in lagos?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by haryourdayG(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2016
Hello all, please add me to the Facebook group. I'll be writing the exam very soon.
haryourdayg@gmail.com
facebook.com/haryourdayG
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by battoyyeb(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2016
Please I need the magoosh videos, pls help
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MaReke: 7:32am On May 30, 2016
battoyyeb:

The cost is $205

Thank you so much. Is there a link where I can check the dates?

Also, do you have the materials shared here? I sent a mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com and selfstudy.version2@gmail.com for soft copies but have not received them. I will also like to join the Facebook group.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MaReke: 7:37am On May 30, 2016
sirRiddy:
Same questions. That is why you should only
take the tests when you are ready to.
The question banks are
1. Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1
2. Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1
Check this link: http://store.ets.org/store/ets/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.3551800
The two books are available on the GRE facebook group for free

Hello

Do you have the materials shared here, including the Princeton Review and videos? I sent a mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com and selfstudy.version2@gmail.com for soft copies but have not received them. I will also like to join the Facebook group. Kindly help. I'd attempt to send you a PM.

THANKS!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 10:00am On May 30, 2016
@sirRiddy et al, pls add me to the gre facebook page

doziej84@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yuddy2(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2016
Hello House, today I got admitted to Old Dominion University, to study Mech Engr. However no funding has been offered yet. Still thinking about accepting the offer. Please can anyone help with any contact in ODU. Thnx

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.