Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. (2220 Views)

Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / What They Don't Tell You About Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
bolaino: hmmm, you can laugh all you want my good sire, but I know what I experienced, and like I said experience is the best teacher, I pray for you atheists on nairaland, my former comrades, I pray that God reveals it's self to you one of these days.

Satan forbid.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by plaetton: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
josh001:
I will not engage in a banter of words. Say what you will, make whatever assertions you will. Try, yes, try hard to convince yourself, search desperately for that inner peace, look for freedom from the shackles of religion as it is normally put, please keep looking, whenever you are exhausted and ready, seek God.

I have found god. he lives in the North Pole, and comes around every December.
grin

1 Like

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by MizMyColi(f): 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
I feel joyous tonight grin

2 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: Nobody can describe God because nobody has seen God

Why are you so convinced that God exists if nobody has seen God?

bolaino: God is neither male nor female, God can be referred to as it, God is the divine consciousness, God is Gnosis, God is the all knowing supreme being, God can take any shape and any form, he sees the future, past and present

Onthe one hand, it seems you have actually seen God. On the other hand, your description is not consistent, so maybe you are just making it up as you go. Very soon, you will probably describe God as Oxygen and the Devil as Carbon Dioxide.

bolaino: , words can not totally explain God, as God is a mystery,

So which one is it? Is God a mystery, or is "it/he" a product of your imagination that you can give any attribute to? like you did in the second quote.

3 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by urheme: 5:12am On Jul 29, 2014
plaetton:
Interesting. Very interesting indeed.
So, If I believe that Santa Clause CAME DOWN from the NORTH POLE to meet lowly gift-loving humanity, then the belief in Santa Clause cannot be ever be seen as a Religion? shocked undecided
In other words, any myth woven around an incarnated deity cannot be considered part of a religious belief?

This must be an entirely new way of thinking.
lol.

Is a belief system necessarily a religion?.

Just curious!!!
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by qstar(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: To all the atheists this is what you should know

Ironically, you shot yourself in the foot. It is theism that claims "God" created the universe out of "nothing".

Evolution never said so.

3 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Kay17: 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
More empty barrels.

It is tiring.

2 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: I believe in the yoruba idea of God, olodumare, the infinite creator, whose consciousness knows no bound. The creator of everything thing on this universe.

Hey stop it here.

During the days of your conversion, you were shouting Yahweh this, Jehovah that. You blend more toward Judeo-christian faith system. What baffles me now is how you get into Orisha system.

Do you know that Eledumare do not even care about you, your belief or faith?

Why and why? Why do you believe in a being that do not care about you?
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Of what use is this god to us?
Good question, God serves as a moral compass in the journey of soul, God guides the soul that seeks for it's guidance, God is expressed in three forms, Love, Light, and Freewill, these are the three distinct features of God, there are other features, but these three are the main expressions of God.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Satan forbid.
hahaha, I do not believe that satan exists.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 9:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Martian:

Why are you so convinced that God exists if nobody has seen God?

Onthe one hand, it seems you have actually seen God. On the other hand, your description is not consistent, so maybe you are just making it up as you go. Very soon, you will probably describe God as Oxygen and the Devil as Carbon Dioxide.

So which one is it? Is God a mystery, or is "it/he" a product of your imagination that you can give any attribute to? like you did in the second quote.
hahahaha, thanks for asking these questions, God is a mystery in the large sense of things, as nobody knows the origin of God, but we can see attributes of God in nature and in the way the cosmos interacts with it's self, we can see God in our fellow man, God is all encompassing, God is everything, as nothing would be without God. God is the core of existence. I have not seen God, but I have seen the works of God in my life and around me,
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Hey stop it here.

During the days of your conversion, you were shouting Yahweh this, Jehovah that. You blend more toward Judeo-christian faith system. What baffles me now is how you get into Orisha system.

Do you know that Eledumare do not even care about you, your belief or faith?

Why and why? Why do you believe in a being that do not care about you?
Mr Aborisha, I greet you, I don't know what to say to you, but please do not use quarrel to come and scatter my thread oo, na beg I dey, I no get power reach you oo.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: Mr Aborisha, I greet you, I don't know what to say to you, but please do not use quarrel to come and scatter my thread oo, na beg I dey, I no get power reach you oo.

Aguntan
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by plaetton: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
urheme:

Is a belief system necessarily a religion?.

Just curious!!!

Any belief system that involves the worship of an assumed supernatural being is a religion.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
plaetton:

Any belief system that involves the worship of an assumed supernatural being is a religion.
grin

That's the trend now.

After seeing there's something inherently wrong with religion, christians are now saying christianity isn't a religion while Muslims aren't left behind. They also are saying islam isn't a religion. Even bolaino has tried to dissolve himself from religion as much as he can

But guess what, to them,

It's atheism that's actually a religion grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by iamtewwy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: my conversion was not instantaneous, I'm someone who loved reading books about the occult and occult practices, and I had a spiritual encounter that changed my life forever, you might not believe me, but it doesn't really matter, I know I am speaking the truth and that's what matters to me, I was faced with certain death on different occasions, and anytime I was faced with these terrible situations, it seemed asif I would die, but there was always an unexplainable miracle that would save me, it happened more than three to four times, twice I was in a fatal car accident where I was sitting at the front of the vehicle and all of a sudden the drivers would lose control of the vehicle, it would seem asif someone else was controlling the brakes and steering wheels, but on those two occasions, I was saved from imminent death, I used to be among those people who believed in "seeing is believing" but after witnessing varying near death episodes, I came to a conclusion that God was involved, because prior to that time I had come in contact with entities who told of what would happen to me, it's a long story, but what I have come to realise is experience is the best teacher, you would not believe me until you experienced something similar, but not everybody lives to tell the story of experiencing the above things I mentioned.

stop decieving ursef sire, du u knw there are many people who died with this your incidence that believe in god? so why dint god save them? because u survived an accident doesnt mean the imaginary heavenly daddy was involved in it!!

1 Like

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by iamtewwy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: it's good to have you here on this thread, it's been long I saw you on nairaland, Nobody can describe God because nobody has seen God, jesus is not God, and if jesus really existed he was born of a man, God is neither male nor female, God can be referred to as it, God is the divine consciousness, God is Gnosis, God is the all knowing supreme being, God can take any shape and any form, he sees the future, past and present, words can not totally explain God, as God is a mystery,
waitin b hin name

2 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
iamtewwy:
waitin b hin name
God does not really have a partucular name as man over time has brought different names that suit the Idea of God, although I believe the older the name of God the stronger it is, it depicts ancient wisdom from the people using it. Names like Olodumare, Chineke, Yehovah, are old names you can use to refer to the ultimate creator, but it does not mean that that's the real name of God, nobody knows the Real Name of God, as nobody was there when he was named.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by iamtewwy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: God does not really have a partucular name as man over time has brought different names that suit the Idea of God, although I believe the older the name of God the stronger it is, it depicts ancient wisdom from the people using it. Names like Olodumare, Chineke, Yehovah, are old names you can use to refer to the ultimate creator, but it does not mean that that's the real name of God, nobody knows the Real Name of God, as nobody was there when he was named .

then who was that person that named him? mayb its that person i wud serve
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
iamtewwy:

then who was that person that named him? mayb its that person i wud serve
lol, funny.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
bolaino: lol, funny.

shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by BedLam: 12:48am On Jul 30, 2014
bolaino: it's good to have you here on this thread, it's been long I saw you on nairaland, Nobody can describe God because nobody has seen God, jesus is not God, and if jesus really existed he was born of a man, God is neither male nor female, God can be referred to as it, God is the divine consciousness, God is Gnosis, God is the all knowing supreme being, God can take any shape and any form, he sees the future, past and present, words can not totally explain God, as God is a mystery,

bolaino: God does not really have a partucular name as man over time has brought different names that suit the Idea of God, although I believe the older the name of God the stronger it is, it depicts ancient wisdom from the people using it. Names like Olodumare, Chineke, Yehovah, are old names you can use to refer to the ultimate creator, but it does not mean that that's the real name of God, nobody knows the Real Name of God, as nobody was there when he was named.
I think you should form your own religion! Your ideas seems more comical, weirder, than the conventional. Do they sell crack in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
Naa, On the contrary, it's just that I feel no need to kiss your Assss,
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2014
BedLam:

I think you should form your own religion! Your ideas seems more comical, weirder, than the conventional. Do they sell crack in Nigeria?
lol, I have no need to start a religion, and I don't know if they sell crack, as I don't use crack.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by iamtewwy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
bolaino: lol, funny.
sir uv not answered my question!!
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
iamtewwy:
sir uv not answered my question!!
yeah, I do not have an answer to your question unfortunately, if I don't know the name of God, how would I know the name of those who named him, i.e if there was ever a scenerio where he was named, and before you go further, I was speculating when I said he was named, I was only trying to pass a message across, but because you want to drag me into an argument I wouldn't win, you've chosen to ask me the question you're asking, so my Good man, as an honest man, I'll be frank with you, I do not know who named God.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
bolaino: yeah, I do not have an answer to your question unfortunately, if I don't know the name of God, how would I know the name of those who named him, i.e if there was ever a scenerio where he was named, and before you go further, I was speculating when I said he was named, I was only trying to pass a message across, but because you want to drag me into an argument I wouldn't win, you've chosen to ask me the question you're asking, so my Good man, as an honest man, I'll be frank with you, I do not know who named God.

Just give God any name you want. You create it, you name it. Capice?

bolaino: God can take any shape and any form................................ God is a mystery,

I suggest the Divine Mystery or The Shapeless One who gives shape to the world......... or Bolaino.

2 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
plaetton:

I have found god. he lives in the North Pole, and comes around every December.
grin

That's not God, that's Father Christmas!!!

P.S. Father Christmas is real.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
bolaino: God is expressed in three forms, Love, Light, and Freewill, these are the three distinct features of God, there are other features, but these three are the main expressions of God.

Wrong!!! The four, not three, distinct features of God are, Invisibility, Surreality ,Malleability and Humanity.

Invisibility : Because God is ALWAYS, NO MATTER WHAT, COME RAIN OR SHINE, Invisible.

Surreality : Because every description of god is always bizarre, unreal and downright fantastic. The surrealism depends on the person's idea of "God"

Malleability : God can literally be anything you want. By anything, I mean ANYTHING. It can be an "orb of mind", it can be a patriachal figure in the sky, it can be the universe itself, or it can be the Martian. Personally, I know that God is Martian!!

Humanity : God is very human. Why? Because it's a product of human imagination and God's character is as good as the character of the person espousing the idea.

7 Likes

Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by bolaino(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Martian:

Wrong!!! The four, not three, distinct features of God are, Invisibility, Surreality ,Malleability and Humanity.

Invisibility : Because God is ALWAYS, NO MATTER WHAT, COME RAIN OR SHINE, Invisible.

Surreality : Because every description of god is always bizarre, unreal and downright fantastic. The surrealism depends on the person's idea of "God"

Malleability : God can literally be anything you want. By anything, I mean ANYTHING. It can be an "orb of mind", it can be a patriachal figure in the sky, it can be the universe itself, or it can be the Martian. Personally, I know that God is Martian!!

Humanity : God is very human. Why? Because it's a product of human imagination and God's character is as good as the character of the person espousing the idea.
lol, I don't know what to say, honestly, lol.
Re: Apatheist, Let's Talk About Atheism. by Heathen(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
mstik: hmm. I quite agree with you. You see, apart from the reasons you gave, why I believe that Christianity is not religion is because , religion is man's search for God but in Christianity, God came down to seek out man. This is something a lot of Christians have not come to terms with. This video will really explain more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
I love this new trend of "Christianity is not a religion"
I expect "Christianity is a culture"or "Christianity is my culture" to kickoff soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor Jesus, Rich Christians / Is There Any Curse Attached To Paying Your Tithe To Another Church? / Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.