Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,326 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? (1055 Views)

CNN - Proof Of Life For Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls / FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon / UPDATE: Many students feared killed as suicide bomber hits Yobe school (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by mascot87(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
For the past few days, we have being hearing of female suicide bombers between the ages of 16 & 19. Could it be that these girls have been brainwashed as other suicide bombers have been brainwashed to carry out this bombings with close supervision of real boko haram members to ensure that they carry out this assignment?We can see that most of the mission were unsuccessful cos most times it's only d suicide bomber that gets detonated or with few casualties which is unusual of real well trained suicide bombers.It could be that d instruction given to them is that if they are caught in d process of carrying out the assignment,the only option they have is to press the red button. What's your take on this & is anyone thinking along that path?
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by maestrojay(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
E fit be dem oo.. buh NO.. sumtin in me still meks me feel d kidnap was d scam.. i guess some things just dosen't add up in dis whole issue... buh lets kip watching... d truth will surely come out eida soon or later..
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
if you take your daughter on holiday, it is not kidnap.
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by mascot87(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
maestrojay: E fit be dem oo.. buh NO.. sumtin in me still meks me feel d kidnap was d scam.. i guess some things just dosen't add up in dis whole issue... buh lets kip watching... d truth will surely come out eida soon or later..

Bros, with all d evidences on ground u still believe that the Chibok girls kidnap was a scam? Should I say I give up or we give up?

2 Likes

Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by demydea: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: if you take your daughter on holiday, it is not kidnap.

Bros, abeg throw more light on this. We need better explanation please
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by gbadexy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
My thought exactly!
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by tit(f): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
No. The girls cannot be brainwashed to the extent they forget all they stand for in 3 months.
They could be fitted with suicide belts, but if they are not true extremists they would seek for help from the public with the belts.
Or make sure they do not affect innocent people when it blows.
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by egift(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
I hope it will not come to that.

- Can Jonathan tell Nigerians why he terminated the Swap of these girls for Boko Haram family members in detention a day before it happens?
- And why did he not launch a military operation when he pulled out of negotiation?

"The good news for the parents of the girls is that we know where they are" - Air Marshal Alex Badeh (Chief of Defence Staff)
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by mascot87(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
tit: No. The girls cannot be brainwashed to the extent they forget all they stand for in 3 months.
They could be fitted with suicide belts, but if they are not true extremists they would seek for help from the public with the belts.
Or make sure they do not affect innocent people when it blows.

What if it was a remote controlled bomb & d person who actually detonated it wasn't d girl but someone somewhere standing in a safe position?

2 Likes

Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by gbadexy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
Most of the IUDs are detonated remotely with handsets. That's why army in northeast get aggressive when someone brings out their phones near their checkpoint.
They've been using it for ages in iraq also in the road side bomb blasts detonated when military vehicle passes.
Its possible the girls were strapped with the explosives and dropped at a crowded place where they intend to blow and threaten to shoot her if she doesn't walk fast towards the area.

2 Likes

Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by mencade5(m): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
gbadexy: Most of the IUDs are detonated remotely with handsets. That's why army in northeast get aggressive when someone brings out their phones near their checkpoint.
They've been using it for ages in iraq also in the road side bomb blasts detonated when military vehicle passes.
Its possible the girls were strapped with the explosives and dropped at a crowded place where they intend to blow and threaten to shoot her if she doesn't walk fast towards the area.
hmmm...sounds plausible. I agree with you to some extent. They ,ay just order her to walk to a point where they want to carry out the explosion.
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by tit(f): 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
mencade5: hmmm...sounds plausible. I agree with you to some extent. They ,ay just order her to walk to a point where they want to carry out the explosion.

she knows she is going to be blown up.
why would she walk up to other people?
why not even embrace the guy with the detonator?
Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by mascot87(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
tit:

I think if she does that, the guy will just take her back to Sambisa where she would be killed like a chicken so as to serve as a warning to other prospective female suicide bombers. That's why terrorism is very difficult & most times d suicide bombers don't have a choice I think

2 Likes

Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by gbadexy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
tit:

Embrace him and then do what?
If the guy doesn't dial the other handset in the iud to trigger it with electromagnetism then nothing would happen!
In such case, the handler would be close by to ensure the girl reaches the target before he detonates it.
You sat at the comfort of your home and made it sound easy that you would defy a guy pointing a gun at you and giving instruction even though such person is sure of certain death.

1 Like

Re: Aren't Kidnapped Chibok Girls Used As Suicide Bombers? by psucc(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
OP you make sense.
But on a second thought, the Chibok saga may still be a scam.

They are a lot of intriguing stories. Let's still allow time to see what will come of the whole incidence. Its been 100+ now in a strange land.

Worst still is the action of the international community. What happens to the US spy plane, and others what are their findings that they have decided to pull off without a word?

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Quick Dash To Vancouver Canada (In Pictures) / Please What Is Nigerian Airforce Doing With Our Fighter's Jets? / Hon Rotimi Makinde's Reply To Critics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.