Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Hollywood Is At It Again: What Was The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hollywood Is At It Again: What Was The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians? (714 Views)

12 Images Of Pharaohs That Prove Ancient Egyptians Were Black / What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hollywood Is At It Again: What Was The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians? by jsource: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yet again, Hollywood has depicted the ancient Egyptians as White in the movie Exodus: Gods and Kings, despite all of the objective evidence against this ridiculous notion.

Directed by Ridley Scott of Gladiator fame, and staring Joel Edgerton as the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses, and Christian Bale as the prophet Moses. It is an interpretation of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt as led by Moses and related in the Old Testament Book of Exodus.

Joel Edgerton who plays the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses couldn’t be more European, looking as though he would be more at home playing a role in a Polish movie than one about a North African king. He simply looks absurd and way out of place, at least to the honest and educated. What’s more none of the other Egyptians in the movie appear to be Black, although admittedly, I haven’t seen the full movie yet.

This epic has a top line up too, and also stars the likes of Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley, and by the looks of it no money has been spared in the production of this trash.

I’ve attached a couple of links to videos, one of the trailer, and the other is my very own emphatically showing that the ancient Egyptians were actually Black Africans.

THE HOLLYWOOD FANTASY!
[VIDEO]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZPMU9riKl4

THE HISTORICAL REALITY!
[VIDEO] http://vimeo.com/101786098

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: WWW.JOURNEYTOTHESOURCE.INFO
Re: Hollywood Is At It Again: What Was The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians? by anonymous6(f): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
I saw the trailer to and its hilarious. Before the trailer came out I was so excited to see the movie cause it was announced since last year that a new exodus movie from hollywood was coming out. When I heard Hollywood actor Christain bale would play Moses I felt like maybe they were going to give him that bearded Moses look, like how you see some Arabs look like today; especially when Hebrew are close to white in skin color but when I saw how the Egyptians were portrayed in the trailer it was a disappointment. However I am not surprised cause North Africans have been trying for awhile to cut off the connection with Africa and connect and align with the middle east more. North Africa's, particularly Egypt's african connection which is non-white, non-middle eastern thousands of years ago has been wiped out long ago with the help of the Romans, and is now another middle east or majority arab, and since many call themselves white when they are not its easy for Hollywood to do this and keep getting away with it.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland And Tribalism / Help! Family Members Say Do Not Ever Call Me Again / U.S. Has Forsaken God, Says Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.