Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? (6794 Views)

Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / My Fiance Just Told Me He Has A Son! / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
I have been dating this guy for sometime now. he told me he has a plot of land somewhere. he has proposed to marry me and I accepted. But something happened yesterday that made me mad.

He said he want to discuss something with me which I obliged and went to meet him. he said someone has given him the cost of building a bungalow, that he has saved money.

But problem started when he asked me to decide if he should use the money to develop the land or he should use the money to marry me. That our marriage is in my hands to decide.

I told him for the fact he has already asked someone to prepare a quotation of the cost for the building that he should go ahead not tomorrow he will say because of me he couldn't build a house, I also let him know that I can't take such decision for him.

Please house, are my suppose to be the one to decide for him on what to do with his money? especially marrying me aspect, is it truly in my hands?
Are my over reacting because I have refused to talk to him since yesterday.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
This calls for a mat cool

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Kanwulia: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
He set a trap for you. . .and you escaped.
Let him build his house.
You might still get married.

WHERE IS YOUR OWN MONEY? kiss

Abi na empty hand YOU AND YOUR FAMILY wan take marry the man? undecided

12 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by zeelo2014: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
you did the right thing. Just relax

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by OmoAlata1(f): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
you can still have both. He can build his house which is a better investment than expensive wedding. Just ask to go to registry and get married. A year after building the house, you can have wedding of your dreams (a yr is plenty time to save). That way you get best of both world. A husband and a house (that will appreciate in value as time goes by)

13 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by lolaluv1(f): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
You did good....

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Coldfeet(f): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Op you are over reacting by not talking to him since yesterday! You made a wise decision and I'm hoping he knows it too.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
He tested you and you passed.
#strange but true.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Op, its his decision to make and you really should not be mad at him. Marriage is not running away.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by fijiano202(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
OmoAlata1: you can still have both. He can build his house which is a better investment than expensive wedding. Just ask to go to registry and get married. A year after building the house, you can have wedding of your dreams (a yr is plenty time to save). That way you get best of both world. A husband and a house (that will appreciate in value as time goes by)
wow i never knew nairaland ladies still have working brains in them...nice comment

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Please, can somebody kindly tell me what exactly he was testing in his fiancee? undecided

9 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by beeevan: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
Court wedding costs less than 20k, don't let him keep you waiting. Time is the worst enemy of man....

I doubt if a guy that is really ready to get married will ask such a question.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
OmoAlata1: you can still have both. He can build his house which is a better investment than expensive wedding. Just ask to go to registry and get married. A year after building the house, you can have wedding of your dreams (a yr is plenty time to save). That way you get best of both world. A husband and a house (that will appreciate in value as time goes by)
thanks
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
beeevan: Court wedding costs less than 20k, don't let him keep you waiting. Time is the worst enemy of man....

I doubt if a guy that is really ready to get married will ask such a question.

Exactly my thought, why on earth will he ask me such question.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Sophyrocks: Op, its his decision to make and you really should not be mad at him. Marriage is not running away.
I am not even in a hurry to get married. so it would've been different if I was pressurizing him hence my madness towards him.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
This is abit dicey. There are some dynamics to it. How long have you two been together? How old are you two? Do you think you can have a low key wedding and use the remaining cash for the house project?

If I were you, I won't be making any choice. I will tell him to choose anyone he thinks is his priority. More like changing the game and "playing safe". Believe me, anyone you choose may be used against you sooner or later.

Cunny man die, cunny man bury am. undecided

8 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by beeevan: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Grayz:

Exactly my thought, why on earth will he ask me such question.
Thanks

Stop ignoring the calls and hear what he has to say, how long does he expect you to wait? Can a court wedding be arranged while you wait for your dream wedding?

I don't understand why a man will ask such a question to a girl he claims to love. Know what is in this for you, Don't allow anyone waste your life for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by beeevan: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
Phema: This is abit dicey. There are some dynamics to it. How long have you two been together? How old are you two? Do you think you can have a low key wedding and use the remaining cash for the house project?

If I were you, I won't be making any choice. I will tell him to choose anyone he thinks is his priority. More like changing the game. Anyone you choose may be used against you later.

Cunny man die, cunny man bury am. undecided

This is exactly what I will do too, can't make such choice for him.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
alutacontinua: Please, can somebody kindly tell me what exactly he was testing in his fiancee? undecided
He jst wanted to know how self centered she was.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by maingwaest(f): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
No u did not overreact,just relax and giv Omoalata's advice a very big thought, am sure it ll do u good and note that u are entering a life time commitment with this man,so make a decision that ll make him trust u with his all in time to come . Good luck.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Kanwulia: He set a trap for you. . .and you escaped.
Let him build his house.
You might still get married.

WHERE IS YOUR OWN MONEY? kiss

Abi na empty hand YOU AND YOUR FAMILY wan take marry the man? undecided
I can take every other insult from you as i have known you to be a nuisance in this forum but don't you ever in your life bring my family in this.

For your info I am gainfully employed. Anuofia!

12 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by xynerise: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Grayz:
I can take every other insult from you as i have known you to be a nuisance in this forum but don't you ever in your life bring my family in this.

You will end up derailing your own thread.

He can still marry you and build his house. He can't compare the cost of building a house to paying your dowry. First thing first, white wedding can come later.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by shizzleStar: 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
op you gave him a good answer, its not in your place to decide for him. The only wrong you did is ignoring his calls, pls talk to him but maintain your stands that it is his decision to make as he deems fit.

He can start with introduction and court wedding first
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Xplicit1(f): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ur first responds was ok, talk to him wen next he calls, tell him wat OmoAlata said.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
alutacontinua: Please, can somebody kindly tell me what exactly he was testing in his fiancee? undecided
was about asking the same question. grin
@Op,you spoke well.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Kanwulia: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Grayz:

I did not insult you.
I only asked you A SIMPLE QUESTION which requires a SIMPLE ANSWER!
A nuisance indeed!
Wetin you dey wait for? Come and ban! I nor say my ID dey pinch dat your TRIPLE-WIDE PLANET URANUS!
DO YA PHACKING WORST! kiss

Just as you brought your USELESS POVERTY-STRICKEN LIFE TO THIS FORUM. . .I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THE SAME!
RETIRED, DILAPIDATED, ASSSSSSSSSHAWO DUNDEE-UNITED! kiss
Na now ya mates dey marry with your CUBAN/LIBYA IMMIGRATION AGE? grin

Now, make I cuss you well well. . .you polymonikering CHEAP NL WHORRRRE.
You siddon for hia dey ration money between house and marriage!
You BUSH CHURCH-RAT! cheesy

Only ijjjjots likey ya cannot differentiate a simple kweshun from an insult because YOU ARE DENSE!
Your mates don build dem own houses PLUS PAY GROOM'S PRICE ON TOP OF THEIR HUSBANDS' HEADS AND AZZEZ like MERCY JOHNSON OKOJIE!
You dey for NL dey form 'MGBEKE WIFEY'!
You nor reasssssssssh to be MERCY JOHNSON OKOJIE IM GRAND MAMA? cheesy
Stephanie Okereke Linus Idahosa nko?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH3_l1TRvzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABngyrGyYic

Ode! CARRY YOU USELESS THREAD OF POVERTY COMOT FOR HIA JOR!
You dey go marry many man wey nor get house? In 2014? shocked
DESPERADO OLD CARGO!!!!
WEY YA OWN HOUSE. . .ABI NA UNDER BRIDGE YOU DEY LIVE?
The yeye man nor get taste! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

LAHOR WO WO. . . . SIKORDOR! kiss

SASHEE WOR-WOR DI KA GI. . . .MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!! kiss

Now. . .PHOCK OFF WITH YOUR USELESS THREAD!
GOODU LUCKU WITH YA BOKO HARAM WEDDING!!!
IJJJJIOT! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2Fkr37dqY

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
you did the right thing. An uncle of mine told me how he broke up with his then fiancee because of something similar. He bought a mercedes 230 in the early 90's when the car was in vogue, his then fiancee fought him because he didn't use the money for their wedding.
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Kanwulia:

I did not insult you.
I only asked you A SIMPLE QUESTION which requires a SIMPLE ANSWER!
A nuisance indeed!
Wetin you dey wait for? Come and ban!
DO YA PHACKING WORST! kiss

Just as you brought your USELESS POVERTY-STRICKEN LIFE TO THIS FORUM. . .I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THE SAME!
RETIRED, DILAPIDATED, ASSSSSSSSSHAWO DUNDEE-UNITED! kiss
Na now ya mates dey marry with your IMMIGRATION AGE? grin

Now make I cuss you well well. . .you polymonikering CHEAP NL WHORRRRE.
You siddon for hia dey ration money between house and marriage!
You BUSH CHURCH-RAT! cheesy

Only ijjjjots likey ya cannot differentiate a simple kweshun from an insult because YOU ARE DENSE!
Your mates don build dem own houses PLUS PAY GROOM'S PRICE ON TOP OF THEIR HUSBANDS' HEADS AND AZZEZ like MERCY JOHNSON OKOJIE!
You dey for NL dey form 'MGBEKE WIFEY'!
You nor reasssssssssh to be MERCY JOHNSON IM GRAND MAMA? cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ud7ynpTP8c

Ode! CARRY YOU USELESS THREAD OF POVERTY COMOT FOR HIA JOR!
You dey go marry many man we nor get house?
WEY YA OWN HOUSE. . .ABI NA UNDER BRIDGE YOU DEY LIVE?
The yeye man nor get taste! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

LAHOR WO WO. . . . SIKORDOR! kiss
calm down.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Kanwulia: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
lofty900: calm down.

I wanto marry! Dey don break. . . COOOCK DON CROW. KOOOKOOOOROOOOOOKOOOOOOOO!!!!
When BRRRRRRRRRREAZZZTS DON DEY SWEEP GRAAAANNNND PLUS OCEAN FLOOR! angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe_HtA5zw9U

Abeg nor 'mention' me back for this USSSSSSSSSSSELESS thread for attention-seeking NL WWWWHORRRRES 'N PIIIIMMMMPS! kiss
Nanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzenzzzzzzzzzz!

THESE NA THE SAME USSSSSSSSSLESS IJJIOTS OF WOMEN WEY GO DEY CLAIM 'FEMI NISM'. . . .YET DEM NOR HOL' SHI-SHI FOR POCKET TO MARRY DEM OWN HUSBAND PUT FOR 'OUSE!
Awon 'OBIAGELI/OBIANUJU' SUPERSTARS!
Locccccccccccal tinz! angry

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Grayz: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
@ Kanwulia Hahahahaha Hahahahaha abeg no derail my thread I no get your power

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
Chai grin grin grin grin ;

OP do not be discouraged
Re: My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
OP, dont be mad, a smart woman builds a HOME not a wedding day.
We were faced with same choice, chose the house no regrets.
Choose a smaller wedding and build your home, its just a day and you can do it over later but your home is your home oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies If You Saw A Co Worker Or Stranger With His Fly Open,will You Tell Him? / Why Do Marriages Fail? / Why Your Husband Won't Meet Your Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.