Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? (1692 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / Parents Are Responsible For Cultural Erosion Among The Present Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by pianogirl(f): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
I saw this picture on facebook of a young lady exposing her boobs to the admiration of others in public and some people gave their comments on it and said its natural and cultural,that it's the tradition of the Kalabaris to do such and I wondered,at this age and time where we have evolved to a certain level. Is this culture still relevant in this modern era?

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by purplesummer(f): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Why not?
Our culture should be upheld.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by ITbomb(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
If 190 sees this thread before dem close am, soap don finish for house today

1 Like

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by ademega(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
Na only she waka come the party ni ? Nonsense !
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by ademega(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Na only she waka come the party ni ?
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by iluvweed(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
shocked
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by anonymous6(f): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
if it's in that ladies cultural society and it's considered the norm then I guess she can get away with showing her boobs but in any other society where this is considered strange, not appropriate and etc then she shouldn't do it. For example she can do it in her village where it's accepted but not walking down the street of Lagos or New York City

2 Likes

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
There is nothing wrong in this as long as she is doing it among her own people. As the rest of the world may not take it the same way.

Once you get over the fact that it is just over-size chest, it becomes normal.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
gaddemit shocked in this Nigeria? kalabari you say? very nice cheesy
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
anonymous6: if it's in that ladies cultural society and it's considered the norm then I guess she can get away with showing her boobs but in any other society where this is considered strange, not appropriate and etc then she shouldn't do it. For example she can do it in her village where it's accepted but not walking down the street of Lagos or New York City
Obviously
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by Frankenstein: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
anonymous6: if it's in that ladies cultural society and it's considered the norm then I guess she can get away with showing her boobs but in any other society where this is considered strange, not appropriate and etc then she shouldn't do it. For example she can do it in her village where it's accepted but not walking down the street of Lagos or New York City
It's actually legal to walk bare-chested in New York.
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by anonymous6(f): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
Frankenstein: It's actually legal to walk bare-chested in New York.

well does that mean it's socially accepted, we all know now, all legal laws doesn't always fit in with social norms or laws

1 Like

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by adamskutty(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
this sh1t is funny. grin

freda506 baby long time no yarn. grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by freda506(f): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
adamskutty: this sh1t is funny. grin
freda506 baby long time no yarn. grin
Hey! tongue
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by Danhumprey: 12:20am On Jul 29, 2014
ITbomb: If 190 sees this thread before dem close am, soap don finish for house today
gringringrin
Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by Bunchersstab(m): 12:40am On Jul 29, 2014
There is no need asking her what she is selling cos we already knw.
Madam, how much per nite

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:08am On Jul 29, 2014
unfortunately its gays like the commentor below who have se.xualized the female breasts. In the past, they were considered beautiful and admired for their beauty just like the face, neck, legs,etc. but these days they have taken up a se.xual meaning.

Bunchersstab: There is no need asking her what she is selling cos we already knw.
Madam, how much per nite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by delishpot: 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
pianogirl: I saw this picture on facebook of a young lady exposing her boobs to the admiration of others in public and some people gave their comments on it and said its natural and cultural,that it's the tradition of the Kalabaris to do such and I wondered,at this age and time where we have evolved to a certain level. Is this culture still relevant in this modern era?

Well, its culture and its not endagering anyone so she is good to go. A single ra.pe has not resulted from this since time immemorial.c
She is a virgin, I believe that is how virgins dress in such ocassions. Though now a days its only little girls esp those without boobs that dress that way cos virgins are hard to find and with such little kids you can be sure of their virginity that is why kids are commonly used these days, plus many unmarried girls also hide behind religion and instead of saying they have been deflowered will say, my religion forbids it so I wont do it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by delishpot: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
PAGAN9JA: unfortunately its gays like the commentor below who have se.xualized the female breasts. In the past, they were considered beautiful and admired for their beauty just like the face, neck, legs,etc. but these days they have taken up a se.xual meaning.

True bros, you hit the nail on the head. Some people are so blinded by pride, feeling they are above everyone else, quick to insult and call others names. How does that dress signify prostitution? But as ussual e-whores will quickly think sex.
If woman cant do it, All well and good, let those who have the mind and meet requirements and are ready to do it go ahead and do it.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies!!!Can You Dress Like This In Public For Cultural Reasons? by 190: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
ITbomb: If 190 sees this thread before dem close am, soap don finish for house today

olodo u nor well o how u see me

(1) (Reply)

Edo Ika Vs. Delta Ika / silly stuff Nigerians Do On Instagram / Young King Of Ubulu-uku In Delta State Receives Staff Of Office (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.