Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Reqium For HND Certificate Holders - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reqium For HND Certificate Holders (4128 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reqium For HND Certificate Holders by tosyne2much(m): 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
slyk2: Thats a big deal for we younger Nigerians.
You and i are aware that entrepreneurial courses are not taught in our school.
When they are taught it is by a textbook professor.

We can make it up via aprenticeship backed by independent practice.
Government - don't bank on them. I call them vultures - once you start a business, they will come for fees.

oooooh wisely said bro.... Our institutions will only teach u and it is ur duty to go farther and develop urslf and show to d world wat u ar capable of doing
Re: Reqium For HND Certificate Holders by wofaiwillis: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
slyk2: It good you had a stint in the banking sector with OND.
..........................Truth be told, there is a huge discrimination in virtually all sectors.
was your own words.
As you made distinction in your OND, am sure you would have done same in the university, Now let me ask you - assuming your distinction was from a university coupled with your personal skills, where do you think you would have been today?
E-wars have absolutely changed nothing about the HND-Bsc disparity.
If you are smart as you claim, you ought to know better.

People like you never learn...

You seem so consumed with the idea of working as an hyped slave...

The young man was simply trying to point out the need to focus more on self-development than putting all hopes in your certificate...

Even my gateman could read and grasp the message of his post. Yet the highly-acclaimed BSC holder of an OP can't seem to decipher this...

#Mediocre
Re: Reqium For HND Certificate Holders by tosyne2much(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
wofaiwillis:

People like you never learn...

You seem so consumed with the idea of working as an hyped slave...

The young man was simply trying to point out the need to focus more on self-development than putting all hopes in your certificate...

Even my gateman could read and grasp the message of his post. Yet the highly-acclaimed BSC holder of an OP can't seem to decipher this...

#Mediocre
God bless you my broda

1 Like

Re: Reqium For HND Certificate Holders by DONEVIGA(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
slyk2: How do you mean?
ND - University?
You can if you graduated with DISTINCTION.

hahah ..well its HND microbiology but for distinction, is nt as easy as u may think, in the kind of school i studied especially for the low finacial lane ppl.
Re: Reqium For HND Certificate Holders by Ayotutu: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
The debate here is an eye opener to the reality happening in our country. The HND/BSc disparity is real. Even BSc/BSc disparity is real.
Let me corroborate the writer's view. I have HND elect. engineering, PGD Logistics management, MBA(In view) Logistics Management. I also have professional certification in this same field. And I have been working in a good organisation. What has helped me thus far are the skills and trainings I av acquired over time.
But here the challenges I faced and I am facing:

1. It was so difficult for me in getting a job with my HND result after several successful interviews whereas my BSc counterpart would be considered. In most places, it will be clearly stated that the position is meant for BSc. And this is where BSc/BSc disparity comes in. HND had been eliminated.
It took the advice of a mentor who demanded I should get certified in a well professional field, why I opted for Logistics management. I wrote CILT and CISCM exam and I got a place to begin my career.

2. I have been enjoying career progression in my field until I realised that whenever I apply for jobs in multinationals, big financial institutions, international NGOs, in spite of years of my experience, skills and training that match the recruiter requirement, I was never considered. I initially thought its because I haven't completed my MBA to cover for the PGD and HND but I realise that my close colleague in d same field with me with his MBA was never considered as well. After much findings, we discovered it was the HND palava.

I am not disputing that many HND holders are at the helm of affairs of some big companies but it takes the grace of God. But let's check the management team of most bigger institutions or multinationals in Nigeria, by percentage HND holder will have 10%.

Regardless of the existing toxic system of Nigeria, let us look inward and see what we can do for our self sustainability. Let us also ensure we keep upgrading our skills. The world is dynamic. Make yourself sellable.

May God bless our labour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Major Reasons Why Student Fail Examination / 10 Maths Tricks That Will Blow Your Mind. / Only Geniuses Can Find All 26 Mistakes In This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.