Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63105 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by satowind(m): 6:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Were did u get ur own facts.

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by BlackPikiN(m): 6:21am On Jul 29, 2014
BuddahMonk: Proudly Igbo from Okija.

The way we are dominating America NFL is scaring.
There was a day i was watching a New York Giants match against one team like that, maka Chukwu i saw 5 Igbonames on the field playing and 2 on reserve of both teams. I just love those guys they all bear our native names which make it easier to identify them like....

Igbo NFLers
Nnamdi Asomugha.
Osi Umeyiorah
Chimdi Chikwe.
Amobi Nzelu
Prince Amukamara.
Chinedu Okorie.
Tony Ugoh
Brian Orakpo
Chukky Okobi,
Amobi Okoye
Eric Ogbogu
Ike Ndukwe
Chidi Iwuoma
Buchie Ibeh
Frank Iheanacho
et al...they are more than 25

The way Igbos dominate sports in Africa will show you that we can be a worldpower if allowed to be an sovreign state.

Igbos thrive most in a competitive atmosphere that is why they are capitalists naturally.

We have many bro. Just too many.
These young chaps coming up, nkemdiche Robert and his brother Denzel.

Bro last year NFL finals we had two Igbo guys
DUKE IHEANACHO of the broncos and one okung rusell( cross river/akwa ibom)on the other team.

If you watched the all stars soccer game last weekend we had Sean Okoli of Seattle sanders and Andre Akpan( cross/ akwa ibom) for New York red bulls.

I don't know why igbo people excel in sports

20 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by satowind(m): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Were did u get ur own facts?

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 6:23am On Jul 29, 2014
diamondpaul: See how the op,stylishly linked the ibo's'and the southwest's'in nigeria...the problem is you have never for once be proud of ur area.i guess that's'y u were all being desperse all around. U claim ur land is not land locked and over 2 million ibo's'are in western part...y won't it be so....since u refuse to settle down in ur area..and busy overcrowding another man's'land like ant's'#just hate the way they talk...as if we re not their host's'..mtchewww!!!!#proudly yoruba boy.would never go to east to seek for living.
the op never talked about southwest, you this product of awolowo's half-baked free education. meant the present south south, delta precisely where we have more than 2 million ethnic igbos. U know it is in the western side of the Niger.

27 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 29, 2014
SE is not a landlocked region...I don't know how many times we can make this clear to those people in the SW who wish and pray that we are landlocked. They don't travel and wonder why they are ignorant!

Igbo Kwenu!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 6:24am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.
Gbam!! Needless to say more cool

18 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Yoney007(f): 6:25am On Jul 29, 2014
Clued from
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by neuljosh(m): 6:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Lacombre: Cha cha cha cha! Ndigbo kwenu!
Proudly igbo!
Igbo Kwezuonu! ! ! Proud Igbo till I die

17 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 6:32am On Jul 29, 2014
Zoharariel:

@OP & his fellow Biafrans - Pls, I want my questions below answered truthfully & constructively

1.) If the Igboland is truly not landlocked, Y are they trying so hard to claim Lagos as a no mans land or even their father's heritage? Y do they not go & also lay claims to Abuja, Kano & PortHarcout?

2.) Y are the Igbos always bitter towards Awolowo & the Yorubas generally inspite of the hospitality & opportunities they enjoy in the South West?

3.) Y do the Igbos find it difficult to curtail their domineering nature & waywardness described by Sir Armadu Bello & written about in "The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Femi Fani Kayode" rather than always launching verbal assaults & being belligerent towards their fellow Nigerians from other ethnicity?

Igbo Mods & Super Mods may ban me but b4 then answer my questions 1st!
what does being or not being landlocked have to do with us educating you that lagos is no man's land. And we don't lay claim to port harcourt, we own it 100%.
We are bitter towards awolowo's because he was a sabo. Saboteur of the highest order. After ojukwu magnanimously released him from jail, he turned against us. Brought the policy of starving innocent biafran children, abandoned property that made igbos lose their properties all over Nigeria and then gave every igbo man a penny despite the amount of money you have in the bank before the war. And the hospitality Yorubas show igbos is mutually reciprocated. Have u ever heard of igbos having any problem with any Yoruba man in south east or in any part of this country for that matter.
As per the domineering attitude, no apologies, it is in our blood.

35 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by akatonero(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly igbo man from Biafra land

11 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by rozayx5(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.

classic grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kraftykc(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2014
Aaaaand we still lack the common sense to show some restraint and modesty even when talking about ourselves. We are not the first among many, nor are we the chosen ones. Can't it be enough that we are humans? Abeg all this praise singing doesn't bode well for prospective interaction with those we would call our countrymen

25 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by biomedixexcel(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ALOBAM: 6:39am On Jul 29, 2014
grin cheesy NWAFOR KA'M BU grin tongue IGBO KWENU shocked GREAT PEOPLE ...TO THE HATERS *IN PHYNOS VOICE * ANYI NA NGWU CHAMPAIGNE HA KA NA NGWU PANADOL tongue cry grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Barselonia(m): 6:41am On Jul 29, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by omenka(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2014
Descartes: omenka stalking Descartes since 500BC wink
First time I've ever noticed your monika tho. But I brought the "BC-AD" stuff in here! So show some respect when applying it!! cheesycheesy

Gdmrnin bro. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Meringe(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2014
I'm proudly Igbo. No apologies!

15 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by amnestylaw1(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2014
These are cool answers you have got here. I have learned some new things about the Igbos. I hope every other people (Yorubas, Fulanis, Hausas, Igbiras, Ibibios, Nupes etc) will create such beautiful and educating thread. God bless the Igbos, the Yorubas too.

22 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by redsquare(m): 6:44am On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly Igbo guy. Can never trade my Igboness for anything. Shout out to our Efik/Ibibio cousins. Haters gonna hate.

21 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2014
OP I can't understand why you can't block these nuisance from SW deliberately red herring this beautiful thread to discredit it out of jealousy and spite. Very disappointed in you. This beautiful thread is now tarnished by envious SW nuisance. What's the purpose of opening such a beautiful thread if you can not control and block negative comments!

15 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2014
omenka: First time I've ever noticed your monika tho. But I brought the "BC-AD" stuff in here! So show some respect when applying it!! cheesycheesy

Gdmrnin bro. smiley
Onye Nnawink wink

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by amnestylaw1(m): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Meringe: I'm proudly Igbo. No apologies!
If you are not proud of being Igbo, shey na me a Yoruba man go come proud of being Igbo? smiley I like the NO APOLOGIES PART of your post. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by meforyou1(m): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2014
kraftykc: Aaaaand we still lack the common sense to show some restraint and modesty even when talking about ourselves. We are not the first among many, nor are we the chosen ones. Can't it be enough that we are humans? Abeg all this praise singing doesn't bode well for prospective interaction with those we would call our countrymen
how?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 6:47am On Jul 29, 2014
prophetone: Honest polite answer for a honest polite question please;

Why is there a high incidence of Igbo youth rapin.g old women aged 60 years and above? It has happened several times here and abroad.

You're a mischief-maker angry angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by jericco1(m): 6:47am On Jul 29, 2014
I don't know where you got all these flimsy ideas from, Is Delta state all Igbo? All i know is that only A meagre amount of people in Asaba are igbo, (agbor) is not even igbo ndIika.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by datguru: 6:48am On Jul 29, 2014
Good bless ndi igbo

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by omenka(m): 6:49am On Jul 29, 2014
Bigflamie: Arrogantly Igbo grin
Detribalistically Igbo!! Aninri fully represented!!! cool

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 1stola: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2014
OP....

Praise drumming CRAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) / Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife / Ooni Of Ife welcomes 6th Wife to Palace (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.