Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

If Starting A Church Isn't A Business, Why Does It... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Starting A Church Isn't A Business, Why Does It... (619 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Starting A Church Isn't A Business, Why Does It... by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
I am a Christian by birth not by choice, same as so many of us. I'm a member of one of the most popular Church in this country but with what I do witness in my church and other churches, made me to believe that Christianity sucks. I got thousand and one questions to ask my brethren in the house but I'll ask but a few...

1. Why do Christian Churches have branches? E.g One city more than ten branches.

2. Why the pampering of Bible? To me the Book is like any printed Novel, we pamper it after what it passes through at the printing factory (imagine).

3. Why do our pastor preach about things they are not sure of? E.g Christian God is the one true God and we'll reach him through jesus.

4. Why are there so many different believes in Christianity? E.g Catholic, Sabbath, Jehovah Witness etc

5. Why does our big pastors live large while his congregations still struggle? What is he trying to achieve, they buy planes, security men guides them etc

WHY SO!

Like I said earlier I got thousand and one questions to ask, but if this few ones I mentioned above can be explained, I'll be so much grateful. I'm just a student trying to learn.
Re: If Starting A Church Isn't A Business, Why Does It... by rinrin23(f): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
tonyayo1: I am a Christian by birth not by choice, same as so many of us. I'm a member of one of the most popular Church in this country but with what I do witness in my church and other churches, made me to believe that Christianity sucks. I got thousand and one questions to ask my brethren in the house but I'll ask but a few...
1. Why do Christian Churches have branches? E.g One city more than ten branches.

The same reason fast food restaurants have many branches. More branches= more attendees= more tithes and/or offerings

2. Why the pampering of Bible? To me the Book is like any printed Novel, we pamper it after what it passes through at the printing factory (imagine).

Because its "Holy"

3. Why do our pastor preach about things they are not sure of? E.g Christian God is the one true God and we'll reach him through jesus.

Does it matter?. People would believe anything .

4. Why are there so many different believes in Christianity? E.g Catholic, Sabbath, Jehovah Witness etc

The Bible/ Christian law apparently is open to varied interpretations.

5. Why does our big pastors live large while his congregations still struggle? What is he trying to achieve, they buy planes, security men guides them etc

If they were really struggling they would be wiser with their money. Or maybe it's the "give and it shall be given unto you" principle

WHY SO!
Like I said earlier I got thousand and one questions to ask, but if this few ones I mentioned above can be explained, I'll be so much grateful. I'm just a student trying to learn.
Re: If Starting A Church Isn't A Business, Why Does It... by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
rinrin23:

1. The answer you gave me is so true proving that having branches means that they are there for one thing: to make money making it a business, is it RIGHT or WRONG?

2. The answer you gave here is so blunt, we pamper it 'cause it's holy? What makes it holy?

3. A little bit honesty here, this proves that christian pastors are monsters fake, convincing people to believe a lie.

4. Varied interpretations, mmmmh, one word; 'CONFUSED'

5. Kinda like this one.

(1) (Reply)

. / Here Is The Good News / my

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.