Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error (893 Views)

Help Needed On Wordpress Error / Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me / Wordpress Error [help] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
hello my fellow nairalanders,have been trying to install wordpress and after creating and feeling in the database settings and uploading the file i try to access wp-admin/install.php this is the error i get

==> 403 forbidden
==>request forbidden by administrative rules

and when i try to access my site this is the error i get

Warning: require_once(/home/u497049496/
public_html/wp-load.php): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in /home/u497049496/
public_html/wp-blog-header.php on line 12 Fatal
error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/
home/u497049496/public_html/wp- load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/
u497049496/public_html/wp-blog-header.php on
line 12

please what can i do? Kindly help thanks
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by IamGodzilla: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Try this instead.Since you said youv'e installed wordpress and filled all the database info.
if your website is [url]example.com[/url] access your admin like this [url]example.com/wp-admin[/url] . dont add the install.php
and if you don't get an interface. delete and re-add your theme.
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by Gerardcole(m): 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
You probably didn't extract correctly.

My guess is a missing file or wrong directory structure.

Doesn't your host have express installers like Softaculous?
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by maekhel(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
this is a problem of missing file, one of the required file needed by wordpress is missing, this could be as a result of bad extraction. have you already installed wordpress?

1 Like

Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 6:26am On Jul 29, 2014
Gerardcole: You probably didn't extract correctly.

My guess is a missing file or wrong directory structure.

Doesn't your host have express installers like Softaculous?
my host has auto installer
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2014
IamGodzilla: Try this instead.Since you said youv'e installed wordpress and filled all the database info.
if your website is [url]example.com[/url] access your admin like this [url]example.com/wp-admin[/url] . dont add the install.php
and if you don't get an interface. delete and re-add your theme.
bro thanks for your help i already try that i still get the error
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 6:28am On Jul 29, 2014
maekhel: this is a problem of missing file, one of the required file needed by wordpress is missing, this could be as a result of bad extraction. have you already installed wordpress?
yeah have done that but may be am going to re extract it again thanks dude
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by GodMode: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2014
horrpeyemi: my host has auto installer

Did u use the auto installer or did u install it manually?
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode:

Did u use the auto installer or did u install it manually?
i did it manually
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by hilaryiwens05: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2014
i could help u out....email me the cpanel infos: hilaryiwens@yahoo.com
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by maekhel(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2014
hilaryiwens05: i could help u out....email me the cpanel infos: hilaryiwens@yahoo.com
guy drop the solution here so the OP can learn how to solve this error in case of future occurrence and hence helping anybody that may encounter this error
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by hilaryiwens05: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2014
bros i hav to look at the cpanel 1st be4 posting any solution...
maekhel:
guy drop the solution here so the OP can learn how to solve this error in case of future occurrence and hence helping anybody that may encounter this error
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by maekhel(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2014
hilaryiwens05: bros i hav to look at the cpanel 1st be4 posting any solution...
and u feel the OP will give u his cpanel details. I hear u anyways
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by hilaryiwens05: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2014
If he wants help...he should, if he doesn't, I won't force him to. Am just tryin to help
maekhel:
and u feel the OP will give u his cpanel details. I hear u anyways
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
hilaryiwens05: If he wants help...he should, if he doesn't, I won't force him to. Am just tryin to help
if you want to help then you should drop the solution here for others too to benefit will i be consulting you everytime i get that kind of problem...kindly help bro no offense
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by Gerardcole(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
What host do you use exactly?

After login to cPanel if you find anything like 'Softaculous' at the homepage, trash your current installation and follow this installation guide.
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by IamGodzilla: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Did you first work on it on your localhost before, uploading it to your main server?
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by GodMode: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
IamGodzilla: Did you first work on it on your localhost before, uploading it to your main server?
yeah have done that
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by hilaryiwens05: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
My oga...I said I hav to look @d cpanel, wen I verify wat is wrong. Den I will come here and post d solution. Dat english wasn't hard to undastand
horrpeyemi: if you want to help then you should drop the solution here for others too to benefit will i be consulting you everytime i get that kind of problem...kindly help bro no offense
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
hilaryiwens05: My oga...I said I hav to look @d cpanel, wen I verify wat is wrong. Den I will come here and post d solution. Dat english wasn't hard to undastand
thanks bro am not rejecting your help but i cant drop my details
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by hilaryiwens05: 6:23am On Jul 31, 2014
Good for u...wat re u afraid of, dat I will run away wit ur cpanel details...anyway, its ur choice. Let us know wen u solve d problem
horrpeyemi: thanks bro am not rejecting your help but i cant drop my details
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by horrpeyemi: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gotcha i made an error when extracting,the files was incomplete so i had to delete it again and re extract it again...thanks guys for your attention really appreciate it
Re: Guys Please Help Me With This Wordpress Error by maekhel(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
you are always welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Kindle is making us money from our hardwork / Bajaomoniyi.com, Say What You Think About The Website / There Is Nothing Like Freelancing...it Pays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.