Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? (15507 Views)

Badagry; A Land Gradually Losing Its Historical Essence / The Essence Of English Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 29, 2014
JudismphD: keep your pipe dream alive
k
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by seunfavor(f): 6:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: bro please *whispers* shut up. You are disgracing yourself so early this morning.
seriously u nid to c d way ur comment made me laugh. d 'wisper tinz' is jst kind f funny to me.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by jericco1(m): 6:50am On Jul 29, 2014
I don't know 'cause I have never celebrated one before..
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by nickz(m): 6:55am On Jul 29, 2014
aminho: because no light in nigeria we use it to light the cake incase nepa dos what it knws best Bleep us up
shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy this is funny!
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by rill: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2014
To test ur peak expiratory flow rate
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Damalex4luv(m): 7:17am On Jul 29, 2014
As part of the president Goodluck AGENDA for National transformation and economic development for Nigeria, all Nigerian graduates are going to be entitled to job opportunities and #50,000 monthly whether u are working or not. This program is being executed tuner a body known as TAN meaning TRANSFORMATION AGENDA FOR NIGERIANS. registration closes 31st of July and all Nigerian graduates will start receiving their monthly allowance of #50.000 effect from September. Please click the link below to register before registration closes 31st July. http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=59354
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 29, 2014
seunfavor:
seriously u nid to c d way ur comment made me laugh. d 'wisper tinz' is jst kind f funny to me.
smiley glad to know I made somebody laugh this morning smiley
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by remsonik(f): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2014
I have never had candles on my cake sha, maybe I wld try it at my next birthday
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by SAMBARRY: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2014
Cakes with candles are cute wink

I love it

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by laprince(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2014
Nobleval: bro please *whispers* shut up. You are disgracing yourself so early this morning.

I just TIRED for the guy before!!!

ur reply was such a calm advice for him.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by san316(m): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2014
Blnwing out a candle means u have blown out your years(the number of candles) in this world.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Krasid(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2014
To make a wish.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by myspnigeria: 10:18am On Jul 29, 2014
i usaully wonder why too
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Joe88(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
JudismphD: Thread like this diminishes one's intellectual nourishments rather than add nutrients to it. The laxity and laziness to make scientific research, post findings for all to swallow and add value become extremely difficult rather than asking jamb questions over and over again, and the mod who share such shambolic cyncism keep posting them! Why is car moving on the road? Why are women with two breast? football played in a stadium? water in the river? Blah blah blah, Catholicity of theories are associated with lighting candles on the cake. This could be traced to the ancient Romans WHERE CANDLE WERE LIT TO MAKE THE CELEBRANT GLOW LIKE THE MOON, a popular symbol associated with artemis. Secondly, some school of thought vehemently believe SMOKES EMANATING FROM CANDLE CARRY THEIR PRAYERS AND WISHES TO HEAVEN, while other theoriest attributed it to LUDWIG VON ZINZINDORF of Germany philosophical disposition in 1746, too numerous a reason.
since threads like this 'diminishes one's intellectual nourishments rather than add nutrients to it' why did you comment? Your brain could get malnourished o. I however think you just want to show off with your 'cut and paste' explanation.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Joe88(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
JudismphD: Thread like this diminishes one's intellectual nourishments rather than add nutrients to it. The laxity and laziness to make scientific research, post findings for all to swallow and add value become extremely difficult rather than asking jamb questions over and over again, and the mod who share such shambolic cyncism keep posting them! Why is car moving on the road? Why are women with two breast? football played in a stadium? water in the river? Blah blah blah, Catholicity of theories are associated with lighting candles on the cake. This could be traced to the ancient Romans WHERE CANDLE WERE LIT TO MAKE THE CELEBRANT GLOW LIKE THE MOON, a popular symbol associated with artemis. Secondly, some school of thought vehemently believe SMOKES EMANATING FROM CANDLE CARRY THEIR PRAYERS AND WISHES TO HEAVEN, while other theoriest attributed it to LUDWIG VON ZINZINDORF of Germany philosophical disposition in 1746, too numerous a reason.
since threads like this 'diminishes one's intellectual nourishments rather than add nutrients to it' why did you comment? Your brain could get malnourished o. I however think you just want to show off with your 'cut and paste' explanation.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Belexy(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2014
**saliva** + Ebola virus #just saying
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by salvatore007(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Just passing but u can

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by ril19(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
iwonbaoko: Even more annoying is the Nigerian expression "what's the essence?" people should open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word; "ESSENCE" . Please stop saying " What's the essence?" if you don't know what it means. It is NOT a synonym for "purpose" or "reason"
All these karosin people sef ! anyway wetin conzyn OP with cake and candle ? People who say things like "what's the essence?" seldom eat cake and certainly NEVER have candles on cakes

And yet you didn't state what synonym the word essence has bro.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by ril19(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well.....this is just to make it official that I'm on FP. I think I need to call a press conference...
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Paulv(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Jimwalex: to remind d celebrant dat he/she is getting older and would die someday like d candle..
verrrrrry 4 funnnny
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by 2kris(m): 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
It symbolises d years of d person nd many more years ahead
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by continentalceo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
I think its to make you remember that u are getting old and that one day ur light will burnout

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Gynacologist(m): 12:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Jimwalex: to remind d celebrant dat he/she is getting older and would die someday like d candle..
hmmmm....mks sense.
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Jimwalex(m): 6:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Gynacologist: hmmmm....mks sense.
yeah tanx bro!
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Jimwalex(m): 6:30am On Jul 30, 2014
Paulv: verrrrrry 4 funnnny
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by greenek001: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
JudismphD: keep your pipe dream alive

pride comez b4 a fall pipe shaped head...
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by greenek001: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
iwonbaoko: Even more annoying is the Nigerian expression "what's the essence?" people should open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word; "ESSENCE" . Please stop saying " What's the essence?" if you don't know what it means. It is NOT a synonym for "purpose" or "reason"
All these karosin people sef ! anyway wetin conzyn OP with cake and candle ? People who say things like "what's the essence?" seldom eat cake and certainly NEVER have candles on cakes

all dis yabbin, na only am waka cum, chai!!!! thr
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
greenek001:

all dis yabbin, na only am waka cum, chai!!!! thr
I no dey like to hear all dis karosin Englsh like

"what is the essence?"
I am feeling pressed,
I want to ease myself,
Are you less busy
How was your night
She really tried
Ati be be lo

Only last week I kill one man wey ask me "how was your night" . Damn!!

What is the essence of asking me that Why is it so essential ?
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Amya(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
continentalceo: I think its to make you remember that u are getting old and that one day ur light will burnout

That's depressing!

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
greenek001:

pride comez b4 a fall pipe shaped head...
ahead ur heritage imp
Re: The Essence Of Candles On Birthday Cakes? by charis3(f): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi people,

For absolutely gorgeous jewelry, both casuals/official and traditional, your most reliable point of call will be Vynx beads.

At Vynx, we ensure we use the highest quality of materials by carefully selecting from the best suppliers in the industry.

We use swarovski elements, corals, glass beads and semi precious stones.

Also, we provide the perfect gift items for your loved ones and have it delivered also.

Here are some of our pieces.

You can call us on 08020834370 or email us on vynxbeads@gmail.com

Nikki
Head of sales, Vynx beads

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Security Agencies To Arrest Any Hate-Preacher / Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse? / Beautiful People Of Igala Land And Her Unique Traditional Way Of Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.