Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,772 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. (2334 Views)

Mosquito Now Killing People With Zika Virus All You Need To Know About It Photo / LEARN FROM DAME PATIENCE NO HANDSHAKES : Ebola Virus ; All U Need To Know / Ebola Virus And Marburg Virus (all You Need To Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by phoneport(m): 4:36am On Jul 29, 2014
EBOLA
What is Ebola hemorrhagic fever?

Ebola hemorrhagic fever, (also called Ebola HF or Ebola) is a severe, often-fatal disease in humans. It is also fatal in monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. It was first recognized in 1976. Ebola is named after a river in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Africa, where it was first recognized. Ebola HF usually appears in sporadic outbreaks, usually spread within a health-care setting.
Four types of Ebola virus have been identified.

What causes Ebola?

Ebola is caused by infection with Ebola virus.

Symptoms of Ebola

The incubation period for Ebola is between 2 to 21 days. The beginning symptoms of ebola are: by fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, sore throat, and weakness, followed by diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach pain. A rash, red eyes, hiccups and internal and external bleeding may also occur.

How is Ebola virus spread?

Researchers do not know exactly how Ebola is spread. However, they have strong reason to believe that the first patient becomes infected through contact with an infected animal.

The Ebola virus is then spread from human to human by:

direct contact with the blood and/or secretions of an infected person.
contact with objects, such as needles, that have been contaminated with infected secretions.

How is Ebola treated?

There is no standard treatment for Ebola. Patients receive supportive therapy. Types of supportive therapy are: balancing the patient’s fluids and electrolytes, maintaining their oxygen status and blood pressure, and treating them for any complicating infections.

How is Ebola hemorrhagic fever clinically diagnosed?

Your doctor can perform tests to determine if you have Ebola.

Where is Ebola virus found in nature?

The exact origin, locations, and natural habitat of Ebola virus remain has not been discovered. However, researchers believe that the virus is animal-borne and is normally maintained in an animal host that is native to the African continent.

Where do cases of Ebola hemorrhagic fever occur?

Confirmed cases of Ebola HF have been reported in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Sudan, the Ivory Coast, Uganda, and the Republic of the Congo. No case of the disease in humans has ever been reported in the United States.

Re: Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by phoneport(m): 4:39am On Jul 29, 2014
An Ebola Victim bleeding.

Re: Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by phoneport(m): 4:39am On Jul 29, 2014
PLEASE LET US BE VERY CAREFUL.

Re: Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2014
Op thanks for dis.
Re: Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by TUMIC(m): 8:52am On Jul 29, 2014
Men i thought this was not as serious as looks. Jesus Help us.
My question is does the Nigerian government has the capacity to contain this?
Re: Ebola...african Virus. (all You Need To Know) :PICTURES. by TUMIC(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Still there is not much sensitization about this stuff, can you believe that my friend who just came back from travel is even not aware what this is all about.
How Government needs to do more before this thing get out of hand.

(1) (Reply)

I Am In My Early 20s But My Eyesight Is As Bad Like That Of A 60 Year Old / Fizz Herbal Skin Care -Cure for Pimples, Spots, Eczema and Stretch Marks. / Prenatal Multi + DHA 200mg For Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.