Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Questions And Answers About The Jinns - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions And Answers About The Jinns (2251 Views)

Hilarious Questions And Comments I've Heard As An Hijabite. / Questions and Answers About Hijab / Questions And Answers On Islamic Jurisprudence (fiqh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2008
Assalaamu alaikum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu,
This is meant to complement BABs87's earlier thread on Jinn. I was alraedy posting the Q&As to the thread before I decided to open a ne, complementary thread for it.
This thread is meant to enlighten muslims and non-Muslims alike about the creation of Allah that live and share the earth space with us, but which we can'e see physically, but they see us. They are called Jinns. The Yoruba call them 'alujonnu', but when the concept of Jinn in Islam is quite different from the Yoruba concept of 'alujonnu' in some respects.
I have decided to copy scholarly responses to questions on Jinns from the website ISLAMQA.COM. Reliable scholars from Saudi Arabia answer the questions in the light of Qur'an and Hadeeth.
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
The jinn
Who are the jinn? How did Allaah create them?

Praise be to Allaah.

The jinn are part of the creation of Allaah. He created them from fire before He created Adam, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud.

And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire”

[al-Hijr 15:26-27]

Just as Adam had descendents, so Iblees had descendents too, as Allaah says of Iblees (interpretation of the meaning):

“Will you then take him (Iblees) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you? What an evil is the exchange for the Zaalimoon (polytheists, and wrongdoers, etc)”

[al-Kahf 18:50]

Allaah created the jinn and mankind to worship Him. Whoever obeys Him will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys Him will enter Hell:

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).

I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures).

Verily, Allaah is the All Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56 – interpretation]

All of the jinn, like mankind, are accountable. Among them there are believers and kaafirs, those who obey Allaah and those who disobey Him, as Allaah tells us that they said:

“‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups having different ways (religious sects)’”

[al-Jinn 72:11 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn will be rewarded or punished in the Hereafter just like mankind. Allaah tells us that they said:

“‘And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allaah, after listening to this Qur’aan), and of us some are Al-Qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path)’. And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allaah), then such have sought the Right Path.’

And as for the Qaasitoon (disbelievers who deviated from the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell”

[al-Jinn 72:14-15 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn and mankind will all be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection before the Lord of the Worlds. None of them will be able to postpone that or flee from it.

“O assembly of jinn and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass beyond (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allaah)!”

[al-Rahmaan 55:33 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever among the jinn or mankind tries to flee from the Reckoning will never be able to do so, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There will be sent against you both, smokeless flames of fire and (molten) brass, and you will not be able to defend yourselves

[al-Rahmaan 55:35]

When the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was in Makkah, a group of the jinn came to him; they heard the Qur’aan and were moved by it:

“And (remember) when We sent towards you (Muhammad) a group (three to ten persons) of the jinn, (quietly) listening to the Qur’aan. When they stood in the presence thereof, they said: “Listen in silence!” And when it was finished, they returned to their people, as warners”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:29 – interpretation of the meaning]

Some of the jinn believed when they heard the Qur’aan, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinn listened (to this Qur’aan). They said: “Verily, we have heard a wonderful Recitation (this Qur’aan)!

It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allaah)”’”

[al-Jinn 72:1-2]

Both Adam and Iblees fell into sin, but Adam regretted it and repented, and Allaah accepted his repentance:

“Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful”

[al-Baqarah 2:37 – interpretation of the meaning]

But Iblees refused and was arrogant, so he was one of the disbelievers:

“And (remember) when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate yourselves before Adam.’ And they prostrated except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Baqarah 2:34 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever disobeys Allaah out of pride and arrogance, among the jinn and mankind, is following the Shaytaan and will be gathered with him in the Fire of Hell if he does not repent, as Allaah said to Iblees:

“(Allaah) said: ‘The truth is — and the truth I say

That I will fill Hell with you [Iblees (Satan)] and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together’”

[Saad 38:84-85 – interpretation of the meaning]

The friends of the Most Merciful (Allaah), among the jinn and mankind, co-operate in righteousness and piety, and the friends of the Shaytaan, among the jinn and mankind, co-operate in sin and transgression. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies — Shayaateen (devils) among mankind and jinn, inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it; so leave them alone with their fabrications”

[al-An’aam 6:112]

The jinn used to have places near the heavens where they would sit to eavesdrop (on the inhabitants of the heavens), but when Allaah sent His Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) they were no longer allowed to do that. Whoever among them tries to listen is burned with a flaming fire, as Allaah tells us that the jinn said:

“ ‘And we have sought to reach the heaven; but found it filled with stern guards and flaming fires.

And verily, we used to sit there in stations, to (steal) a hearing, but any who listens now will find a flaming fire watching him in ambush’”

[al-Jinn 72:8-9 – interpretation of the meaning]

The jinn are with us on this earth, but by the mercy of Allaah they see us and we do not see them, as Allaah says of Iblees and his tribe (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them”

[al-A’raaf 7:27]

Whoever can see you when you cannot see him, and he is your enemy, is more dangerous. So you must always beware of him and protect yourself from the devils among the jinn and mankind.

From Usool al-Deen al-Islami, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri.
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by huxley(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2008
did god also create 'alujonnu' ?
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2008
Do the angels and jinn die?
Do the angels and jinn die? Where are they buried? Is the funeral prayer offered for them? How long do each of them live?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish.

And the Face of your Lord full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever”

[al-Rahmaan 55:26-27]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Here Allaah tells us that all the inhabitants of the earth will perish and die, as will all the inhabitants of heaven, except for whomsoever Allaah wills, and nothing will be left except His Noble Face, for the Lord does not die, rather He is the Ever-Living who will never die.

(Tafseer al-Qur’aan il-‘Azeem, 4/273)

Al-Bukhaari (7383) and Muslim (2717) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bi ‘izzatika laa ilaaha ill anta an tadillani, anta al-hayyu alladhi laa yamoot wa’l-jinn wa’l-ins yamootoon (O Allaah, I seek refuge in Your glory, there is no god but You, against being led astray, for You are the Ever-Living Who does not die, but the jinn and mankind will die).”

With regard to your questions about where they are buried, whether the funeral prayer is offered for them and how long they live, these are matters which are concealed from us. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little”

[al-Isra’ 17:85]

The Muslim should strive to learn more about that which has an impact on his own behaviour, such as knowledge of Allaah, His names and attributes, what he is obliged to believe in and knowledge of the rulings of sharee’ah. He should avoid delving deeply into matters which he is not required to know and in which there is no benefit. I ask Allaah to grant us beneficial knowledge and righteous deeds.
And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2008
huxley:

did god also create 'alujonnu' ?
Alujonnu is just the Yoruba translation of the Qur'anic Jinn. They are one and same thing created by Allah. But due to unguided interpretation, the Yoruba description is slightly different from the Qur'anic description. The Yoruba just recognise that there are some invisible devilish forces called alujonnu, but the full description of their world is in the Qur'an and Hadeeth.
It's just like creation of human being. The Yoruba explanation of creation is different from Islamic explanation, but both agree that God created humans.
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2008
The life and dwelling places of the jinn
I have read your explanation on Jinn (Reference No: 2340 ).
Can you please explain further, such as Jinn’s Life style, Housing, Children, Family life, Prayers (i. e. is it like ours), Burial after death, is normal Haram and Halal things applicable?, Do they fight each other like human, Categories (i. e. like ours blacks, Europeans, this country that country etc), do they effected by natural things like Rain, Winds, Earthquakes etc,

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The jinn are part of the creation of Allaah, and they are His slaves who are accountable and subject to commands and prohibitions, just like human beings. There are believers, disbelievers and evildoers among them. Those of them who do good will enter Paradise and those who do evil will deserve to be punished. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

And Allaah says concerning the jinn (interpretation of the meaning):

“‘There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups having different ways (religious sects).’”

[al-Jinn 72:11]

“And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allaah, after listening to this Qur’aan), and of us some are Al‑Qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allaah), then such have sought the Right Path.

15. And as for the Qaasitoon (disbelievers who deviated from the Right Path), they shall be firewood for Hell”

[al-Jinn 72:14, 15]

With regard to their being accountable and subject to commands and prohibitions, the scholars are unanimously agreed that they are accountable. Some of the scholars suggested that the accountability to which they are subject is exactly the same as that to which human beings are subject, whilst others suggested that their accountability is in accordance with their abilities and capabilities. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

They are enjoined concerning basic matters and minor issues according to their nature; they are not like human beings in essence and reality, so the commands and prohibitions to which they are subject are not like those to which humans are subject, but they have in common with humans, the fact that they are subject commands and prohibitions, and rulings on what is permitted and what is forbidden. Concerning this I know of no dispute among the Muslims. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/233.

With regard to their lives and dwelling places, they are like all other creatures, they have their own lives, they get married and produce offspring. Allaah says of Iblees (Interpretation of the meaning):

“Will you then take him (Iblees) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you?”

[al-Kahf 15:50]

With regard to their dwellings, they often gather in ruins and unclean places like toilets and garbage dumps. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These toilets are haunted (inhabited by devils), so when anyone of you goes to the toilet let him say, ‘A’oodhu Billaahi min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (I seek refuge Allaah from the male and female devils).” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 6; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah, 1070.

With regard to the phrase al-khubthi wa’l-kabaa’ith (translated above as “male and female devils”), it has been suggested that al-khubth may mean evil and al-khabaa’ith may mean evil spirits, which includes both male and female devils.

There is no doubt that the jinn die, for they are included in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish”

[al-Rahmaan 55:26]

It should be noted that the world of the jinn is the world of the unseen, and we do not know anything about it except that which Allaah has told us in His Book or on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Based on this, we cannot say anything about them except that which has been narrated in the texts of Islam; anything other than that is hidden from us. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And follow not (O man, i.e., say not, or do not, or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allaah)”

[al-Isra’ 17:36]

For more information on this topic, see the book ‘Aalim al-Jinn wa’l-Shayateen by Dr ‘Umar Sulaymaan al-Ashqar.

[Translator’s note: this book is available in English under the title The World of the Jinn and Devils in the Light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah, published as Vol. 3 of the Islamic Creed Series by the International Islamic Publishing House, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.]

It should be noted that Allaah has given us information about the jinn and other creatures for our benefit, and what He has concealed from us we do not need to know. If knowing that was essential for us, Allaah would have told us. Hence we should not concern ourselves with such matters or look into the mysteries of the jinn which can only be known through revelation.

What a person should ask about is his religion, its acts of worship and beliefs, what he should do, and other important matters which have been enjoined or forbidden, so that he can be a true slave of Allaah.

In the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we have a good example. They did not ask the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about such matters in which there is no benefit in knowing and no harm in not knowing.

I ask Allaah to bless us with beneficial knowledge and enable us to do righteous deeds.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2008
Can we see the jinn? Do they have a real form?
Can the jinn appear in human form? Do the jinn have a real form?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The question is composed of two parts.

1 – Do the jinn appear in human form?

2 – Do the jinn have a real form?

With regard to the first question, it may be said:

Firstly: it should be noted that the basic principle concerning the jinn is that they are concealed from mankind, hence they are called jinn, because the Arabic root janna refers to a single original meaning which is to cover and conceal, as Ibn Faaris said in Maqaayees al-Lughah. The jinn are so called because they are concealed from mankind, and the foetus is called janeen in Arabic because he is concealed in his mother’s womb, and a garden is called jannah because it is concealed by trees, and an insane person is called majnoon because his mind is covered, and so on in all derivations from this root.

Allaah has told us of this when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Children of Adam! Let not Shaytaan (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents [Adam and Hawwaa’ (Eve)] out of Paradise, stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts. Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them”

[al-A’raaf 7:27]
Secondly: can they appear in human form?

The answer to that is that it is proven in the Sunnah and from real life that the jinn appear in different forms, such as the forms of people and animals, etc. Among the clearest evidence of that from the Sunnah is the story narrated by al-Bukhaari (3275) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came to me and started scooping up some of the food, and I said, “By Allaah, I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He complained of being in need and having dependents, so Abu Hurayrah took pity on him and let him go. This happened three times, and on the third occasion, Abu Hurayrah said: “I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah. This is the third time and each time you say that you will not come back, then you come back.” He said, “Let me go and I will teach you something by means of which Allaah will benefit you.” I said: “What is it?” he said: “When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi, ‘Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists)…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255] until you complete the verse, then you will always have a protector from Allaah, and no devil will come near you until morning comes. So I let him go, and the next morning I told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) what had happened. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He told you the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know who you have been speaking to for three nights, O Abu Hurayrah?” He said: “No.” He said: “That was a devil (a shaytaan).”

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in al-Fath: This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that one of the characteristics of the Shaytaan is lying, and that he may appear in various forms that may be seen, and that the words of Allaah, “Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them” [al-A’raaf 7:27], apply to when he is in the form with which he was created.

It was narrated that the Shaytaan appeared to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham and encouraged them to fight the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). That happened during the battle of Badr. Ibn Jareer al-Tabari narrated in his Tafseer (12564) that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said:

When Quraysh decided to march, mention was made of what was between them and Bani Bakr – i.e., war – and that almost made them change their minds. Then Iblees appeared to them in the form of Suraaqah ibn Ju’sham al-Madlaji, who was one of the nobles of Banu Kinaanah, and said: “I will protect you against Kinaanah so that Kinaanah will not be able to do you any harm.” So they went ahead with their plan. This was also quoted by Ibn Katheer in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 5/62.

In Saheeh Muslim (2236) it is narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “In Madeenah there is a group of the jinn who have become Muslim, so whoever sees any of these creatures let him give it a warning three times, then if it appears after that he may kill it, for it is a devil.”

The word translated as “creatures” here refers to kinds of snakes that appear in houses; they are not to be killed until they have been given a warning three times, because they may be jinn. See Ghareeb al-Hadeeth by Ibn al-Atheer.

Al-Nawawi said: What this means is that if they do not disappear after being warned, then they are not the kind of creatures that inhabit houses and they are not among the jinn who have become Muslim, rather that is a devil so there is no sin on you if you kill it and Allaah will never give the Shaytaan a way to prevail over you by taking revenge, unlike the creatures (snakes) and jinn who have become Muslim. And Allaah knows best. Sharh Muslim, 14/236.

There have been many such incidents. Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: The jinn may appear in human and animal form, so they may appear as snakes and scorpions etc, or in the form of camels, cattle, sheep, horses, mules and donkeys, or in the form of birds, or in the form of humans, as the Shaytaan came to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham when they wanted to set out for Badr. Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/44.

Thirdly: The jinn have led many people astray by appearing in the forms of awliya’ (“saints”) and righteous people etc. Shaykh al-Islam said: The Shaytaan often appears in the form of the person who is being called upon and asked for help, if he is dead or sometimes if he is alive, without the person who called upon him realizing it. Indeed the Shaytaan may appear in his form and the misguided mushrik who is seeking that person’s help may think that the person himself has responded to him when in fact it is the Shaytaan. This also happens to the kuffaar who seek the help of those of whom they think well, whether they are dead or alive, such as the Christians who seek the help of George or others of their saints, and it happens to those so-called Muslims who commit shirk and follow misguidance by seeking the help of those who are dead or absent. The Shaytaan appears to them in the form of the one upon whom they call, without him realizing that… More than one person has told me that they sought my help, and each of them told me a different story. I told each one of them that I did not answer any one of them and I did not know that they were seeking my help. It was said that this was an angel, but I said: Angels do not help mushriks, rather that was a devil who wanted to misguide him.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/47-48.

One of the greatest ways in which a Muslim may seek help against the devils is to “fortify” himself with adhkaar and reciting Aayat al-Kursiy, as stated in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah quoted above.

See also questions no. 22816. 12715 and 42073.

With regard to the second part of the question, which is whether the jinn have a true form:

With regard to this matter of photographs of the jinn, which have fascinated many people and become widespread on some websites, it is not possible to verify the authenticity of what is in these websites, especially nowadays when people are highly skilled in producing in all kinds of deceptive pictures. Moreover researching such matters brings no spiritual or worldly benefit and serves no purpose. It is better to occupy oneself with things that will bring spiritual or worldly benefit such as reading and understanding what is in the Qur’aan and the saheeh Sunnah, and what a person needs to know and do of correct belief and worship, and the proper attitude and etiquette which the Muslim should develop, and so on. It should also be noted that publishing pictures of animate beings is haraam according to sharee’ah as is stated in the texts. See questions no. 13633, 10668 and 7918.

We ask Allaah to protect you and raise you in status and forgive your sins and bless you with knowledge and good deeds, for He is the Best One to be asked.

May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.
Islam Q&A
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2008
Jinn possession and the rulings on jinn possession
Can jinn possess humans? And if this is possible, then how will the person be able to account for their actions, whilst they were possessed, on the Day of Judgement?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Yes, it is possible for jinn to possess humans. Allaah says in His Book (Interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat Ribaa [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

See also the answers to questions no. 11447, 42073, 39214 and 1819.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The fact that a jinni may enter the body of a human is proven by the consensus of the imams of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat Ribaa [usury] will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

and in al-Saheeh it is narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that “The shaytaan flows through the son of Adam like blood.” End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (24/276, 277)

Secondly:

Possession is a kind of sickness. If a person who has this sickness is rational, then he has the choice and he will be brought to account for his words and actions. But if this sickness has overwhelmed him to the point that he has lost his mind and free will, then he is like one who is insane and is not accountable. Hence in Arabic the word mass (possession) is used to refer to junoon (insanity). See Lisaan al-‘Arab (6/217). But if he commits an act of aggression against another when he is insane and destroys his property, for example, then he must pay compensation for that.

See: Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/66-71)

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (16/106):

The fuqaha’ are unanimously agreed that insanity is like unconsciousness and sleep, rather it is more severe in the loss of free will, and it makes whatever he says invalid. For the one who is sleeping, all his verbal statements, such as divorce, becoming Muslim, turning apostate, selling, buying, etc, are invalid. So it is more appropriate that such statements be invalid in the case of insanity, because the insane person has no power of reasoning or discernment. They quoted as evidence for that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The Pen has been raised from three: the sleeper until he awakens, the child until he reaches maturity and the insane person until he comes back to his senses.” Narrated by the authors of Sunan with a saheeh isnaad. The same applies to all verbal statements because of the potential for harm. End quote.

In (16/107) it says:

With regard to the rights of people such as compensation and the like: these are not waived, because he is not accountable for them, rather his guardian is responsible for paying financial dues from the wealth of the insane person. If he commits some crimes, he is accountable for them financially but not physically. If he destroys a person’s property when he is in a state of insanity, compensation must be paid, but if he kills someone there is no qisaas (retaliation), but the diyah must be paid.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2008
Black Magic and Satanic Possession
My brother after returning from a trip starting acting very strange. He would say weird things and now doesn't talk to anyone at all. He has been sitting outside for 2 months now. He has even spit on our mother. At first we thought there was something psychologically wrong with him. However when we took him to a mental doctor he talks as if he is fine. We think he is either possessed by a Jinn or some magic was done to him.
How can you tell if someone is possessed or if magic was done to them?
How do you remove it? My mother is getting very sick over this.

Praise be to Allaah

People who have had experience with such situations have related that the following are among the signs of a person who is possessed by jinn (or Satan):

Strong repulsion when hearing Qur’aan or Aathaan (call for prayers).

Episodes of losing consciousness and/or epileptic attacks, especially when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Frequent nightmares during sleep.

Tendency to avoid people accompanied by out-of-the-norm behavior.

The jinn who possesses him might speak when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Madness, as stated in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom Satan by his touch hath driven to [epileptic] madness…"2:275

As for a person struck by magic he might experience the following:

Dislike of one’s spouse, as indicated in the Qur’aan by the following verse (interpretation of the meaning): "And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife, " (Al-Baqarah, 2:102).

Different attitude in the house from that which is outside the house. For example, a person will feel that he is missing his family when is outside the house but when he goes home, love changes quickly to extreme hatred.

Inability to have sexual intercourse with one’s spouse.

Frequent miscarriage for pregnant women.

Sudden change in behavior without obvious reason.

Complete loss of appetite for food.

Thinking or imagining one has done something when in reality one has not.

Sudden obedience and/or love for a particular person.

It should be noted that if a person experiences some of the above symptoms this does not necessarily mean that he is either possessed by a jinn or struck by black magic. It might be due to physiological or psychological reasons.

As for curing this condition the following steps are recommended:

Putting one’s trust in Allah with sincere belief that He is the only cure for everything.

Reading Qur’aan and known supplications expressing seeking refuge, the most important and effective of which is sura 113 and 114, Al-Falaq and Al-Naas, which were used to cure the Prophet himself. Surah 112, Al-Ikhlaas, is recommended along with them, as well as the opening chapter of the Qur’aan, Al-Fatihah. To cure black magic some have successfully used seven lotus-tree leaves. The leaves should be crushed, then mixed them with water enough for taking a bath. The following verses from the Qur’aan are then recited: verse Al-Kursi (2:255), surah Al-Kafiroon (109), surah 112, 113, 114; the verses which mention magic, which are: in surah Al-Baqarah (2:102), Al-A’raaf (3:117-119), Yunus (10:79-82), and Taha (20:65-69). The possessed person drinks some of the water, and the rest is used to give him a bath.

Removing the elements of magic as was done by the Prophet when he was struck by black magic by a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-‘Aasim.

Eating seven Aa’liya Al-Barniy dates (among the dates of Al-Madinah) first thing in the morning; if not possible, any dates will suffice, by the will of Allaah.

Cupping--removing excess blood.

Supplications.

And we ask Allaah to cure your brother and ease your hardship and his, as He is the One who cures and there is no one else who can cure.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2008
Possession and the illusions and facts that are connected to it
I have been suffering from jinn possession for nearly two years, and am not cured. What is strange is that I can feel them in my body and can control them to some degree, such as when I hear Qur’aan, I feel pain from them starting in my stomach but I am able, by Allaah’s leave, to make them stop moving.
I believe that they will never leave unless Allaah wills it. So I pray to Allaah and I do not go and look for someone to perform ruqyah by reciting Qur’aan.
Praise be to Allaah, I am righteous by the grace of Allaah, but sometimes I commit some sins. What is the reason for that? What advice can you give?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There are some facts and some illusions connected to the issue of jinn possession, and among most people nowadays the illusions outweigh the facts. The Sunnis are unanimously agreed that the jinn can dwell in the bodies of humans, but that does not mean that everyone who has epilepsy is possessed by the jinn, because epilepsy may have physical causes. The pains etc. that many people feel in their bodies cannot be ascribed for certain to the actions of the jinn, rather they may be illusions or something imaginary.

So you should not pay any attention to the whispers of the Shaytaan that make you think that he has done this and that you can control it. This is one of the ways in which the Shaytaan deceives the Muslim and makes him think that he can control him, and that he has powers that in fact he does not possess. This may lead to bad consequences as has happened to many people.

You have to keep on treating yourself with ruqyah, for the Book of your Lord is available to you. Recite from it and treat yourself with ruqyah. Whether you are possessed or not, you will undoubtedly benefit from this reading and ruqyah.

For more information please see question no. 3476.

If you go to someone who is known for using ruqyah as prescribed in sharee’ah and is also righteous and keeps away from deviance and myths, there is nothing wrong with that and it may be a means of your being healed from this problem.

You have to seek the help of Allaah and pray to Him and beseech Him to prevent the plots of the devils among mankind and the jinn from harming you. Man is always in need of his Lord, and Allaah is Able to rid you of these thoughts, illusions and facts that are harming you.

And Allaah knows best.
ISlam Q&A
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by babs787(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2008
Salam.

May Allah reward you for a job weldone. I couldnt have done any better. Jazakhullah Khairan for the awareness and the beautiful lecture.
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by huxley(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2008
Here are some od the deeds and misdeeds of jinns:

The Jinn and birds fought in Solomon's army. 27:17

Allah gave Solomon some of the jinn to work for him. 34:12

Those who worshipped the jinn will taste the doom of the Fire. 34:41

Allah created the jinn out of smokeless fire. 55:15

Allah will fill hell with humans and jinn. 11:119

Allah created the jinn from fire. 15:27

Allah created the jinn but he is not in partnership with them. 6:100

Allah appointed jinns to be the adversaries of prophets. 6:112

Jinns have led many humans astray. 6:128

The jinn were disbelievers. 6:130
Re: Questions And Answers About The Jinns by babs787(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2008
@Huxley

Is it that you dont understand what you posted and needs explanation?

(1) (Reply)

Iran Now Has A Non Muslim Majority (GAMAAN Research Survey) / Unbelievable! Mohammed Saw Jesus / Life Of Prophet Muhammad PBUH – The Stories Of Hazrat Muhammad PBUH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.