Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans (16958 Views)

Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by VivyGift(f): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2014
lepasharon: These days you can buy the beans already peeled cool
Like seriously
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by kashman04(m): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2014
There is a local delicacy called apapa in my place in okene,similar to moimoi in preparation but,the majour difference is that you let the beans soak for 4-5 hour,after which you pick out the stones, other dirts before grinding. After grinding you prepare it just like the moi-moi you know. Taste great. For the records moi-moi is called ole le in ebira.
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by XVIER(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2014
grin grin i just hate girls normally but love women hope you understand what i mean? grin grin
tracyfemmmm:
Your post is sexist!!! just saying undecided
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by emmabest2000(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Mintayo: Peeling the bean is okay for moi-moi,but for akara(bean cake),i don't think its necessary.
#mywaythough.
both moi moi and bean cake (aka) Akara ,you MUST peeled the bean or else it wouldn't be delicious grin
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2014
buy bean flour n free yourself of all this wahala jare grin
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by dagentility(f): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2014
mainman7:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! LLnP!
thanks luv

1 Like

Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by shocks(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2014
Funny enough, there is a tribe in Edo state that has a special moi-moi delicacy: cooked straight without peeling and served with okra. U need to see how they wolf it down like it's deep fried turkey!

I think it's the Imoga people of Akoko-Edo.
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by myspnigeria: 10:50am On Jul 30, 2014
To peel IMO
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by seunfavor(f): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2014
dagentility: I will go for peeled one because of its taste.
I'm so happy today, i'm plus one. Nairalanders show me some love. *winks*
hapi brtday dear. may ur days b long nd fulfilling. lemme go make moi moi for u to make ur day a memorable one. *winks*
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2014
I hate to peel that beans sha, I remember then when my mum gives me beans to wash(peel) my elder bro would follow me with style, bc im sabi do am well, all that time the woman thought I was learning grin..., I learnt every oda thing from processing pap , fufu , soy bean powder etc, but this beans own ehn...e hard me. Even till now I cant wash 1 cup of beans, even If I wash am...e fit take me 2hrs...but I think I prefer it peeled, don't wanna imagine what the unpeeled will taste like.
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by zurine(f): 11:45am On Jul 30, 2014
wow
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by acada111(f): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Una too like work. I simply buy butter beans, select it carefully to remove all dirt and stones before blending it smoothly.
Whenever I wan do moi moi, I simply blend my crayfish, pepper and onions and mix with my bean powder, before adding pieces of smoked fish, boiled egg slices and Co. Next I either tie in cellophane or scoop in small plates before boiling.
Soak and wash beans kwa angry
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by mikylon(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
abeg wetin be moi-moi or akara ...tongue out
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by thweraja10: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Beans, Peeled

Beans, All things to All People - Peeled

Whether it's Moi Moi, Akara, Beans Porridge, Rice & Beans, or Ewa Agoyin, Beans is at the center of a delicious array of Nigerian food.

Nigerians living in the UK, you can now get Beans, Peeled here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/peeled-beans
Re: Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans by LovethIfy(f): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pls can any one tell me how to make beans flour

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Splashing When Frying Fish. / Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu. / What Is Your Favorite Soup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.