Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 (651 Views)

My Defection Story By APC A Farce —wike / Buhari's Assassination Was Stage Managed; My Argument And Photo Evidence. / Buhari's Assassination Attempt .. MATTERS ARISING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by Sanchez01: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2014
On the 14th of May, 2012, Muhammadu Buhari, having lost the Presidential election to President Jonathan in 2011, made some statements I have been forced to fall back on in the wake of being attacked by the dreaded sect – Boko Haram.

Before I proceed, I must say this for the purpose of some pro party members who might not take this too well. I am not a fan of any political party because I have grown and I have come to understand that politics, politicians and their parties are nothing but the same – cheats, and recycled from the same dust bin of shamelessness, thievery and old men who guise under the umbrella of experience. Hence, no one should pin me to any political party because I am not interested in joining one.

Having read Omojuwa’s distasteful article which screamed APC from the beginning to the very end, I was compelled to write this, with the intent of creating what I believe is ‘balance’.

Back to 2012… Buhari, who spoke to press men in 2012 about the 2011 election, I believe, is not different from the one we have now, save for the fact that his party has been transformed from the CPC to the APC. Permit me to quote some of what he said back then;

“Since the leaders do not listen to anybody but does whatever they wish, there is nothing the North can do… I would like to Prof. Ango Abdullahi, who said there are three Boko Harams, including the original one, led by Muhammed Yusufu, who was killed and his supporters tried to take revenge in attacking the law enforcement agencies and politicians.

There is another Boko Haram of criminals, who steal and kill. The biggest (the third) Boko Haram is the Federal Government.” Buhari said the Government has two options to conduct free and fair elections in 2015 or face humiliation from the people. He said “If what happens in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon will all be soaked in blood.”

Having arrived at this, if we’re to imagine which of the Boko Harams attacked Buhari, which would it be? The Muhammed Yusufu Boko Haram which is believed to be largely funded and sponsored by Northern leaders or the Boko Haram whose only mission is to steal and to kill, or the Federal Government Boko Haram, who (presumably) attack opposition parties in a bid to have the upper hand in the face of threats?

Buhari was attacked, true, but by whom? Himself? Some random guys or the PDP? Boko Haram, overtime, has had few failed attempts in a quest to make known their madness. Regardless, their success rate at executing their plans and seeing that it is successful is so high that I would grade them 93%. Often times, foiled Boko Haram attacks are largely as a result of tip offs and the use of amateurs in carrying out their missions but would it have been that easy for a sect who calculate their attacks to miss on an important Northern personality, who has overtime generated controversies by saying that the founder of Boko Haram was killed and not punished by the law? For those who saw the clip recorded by an unknown onlooker when the attack failed, how possible was it that Buhari could responded quite calmly by not fleeing the site of the attack immediately it happened, particularly with the number of people who trooped around him and without being afraid that one of the onlookers could still be wearing C4 explosives under his/her clothing? In a case of an attack on a dignitary, such individual is shielded from harm’s way and evacuated from the venue of the chaos to some safe place with immediate effects, why was Buhari’s any different from other dignitaries all over, particularly when it was obvious that a serious attack was issued on his life?

I am dead sure that rookie/newly recruited Boko Haram desperados would not have been sent to lay the ambush. If in any way it was real, how did the plan fail exactly? Why would Buhari still stay at the site of the ambush for just one minute when he knows that the fate of better governance hangs on him?

The former CPC Presidential candidate has been linked with the dreaded sect overtime, although no proof has seen to that effect. Still, if he is innocent, why would the OTHER Boko Haram attempt to assassinate APC’s potential President when they understand that they would be the prime suspect if anything of such happens?

I leave the thought-provoking questions to readers to debate and ponder on while I conclude with one of Williams Shakespeare’s quotes which reads; “God hath given you one face, and you make yourself another.”

#Sanchez01

PS: This is the video link to an amateur coverage of the blast; Buhari is seen moving among onlookers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg9PC861TI . Some should help bring the video here. Thanks.
Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by egift(m): 9:17am On Jul 29, 2014
Now every harry has an expert opinion. Don't forget to repeat it if someone close to you get bombed.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by Sanchez01: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
egift: Now every harry has an expert opinion. Don't forget to repeat it if someone close to you get bombed.
Sure, I will. Probably you get bombed first. It was forseen before now; I expect the APC e-rats to rant for their supposed leader. *SMH*
Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by egift(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Sanchez01: Sure, I will. Probably you get bombed first. It was forseen before now; I expect the APC e-rats to rant for their supposed leader. *SMH*

People like you think that they can use their serpent infested tongue to set Nigeria on fire. It will not work. Your frozen stone heart is only yours to bear.

For me, I believe Nigeria will overcome its current challenges. And anyone who have killed any Nigerian will one day pay with their blood.

God bless Nigeria. We shall overcome!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by Sanchez01: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2014
egift:

People like you think that they can use their serpent infested tongue to set Nigeria on fire. It will not work. Your frozen stone heart is only yours to bear.

For me, I believe Nigeria will overcome its current challenges. And anyone who have killed any Nigerian will one day pay with their blood.

God bless Nigeria. We shall overcome!
I am a patriot, not taken by politicians nor lying tongues. And @the bolded, I agree, but how many of these people will one day be brought to book when they wield the wand of power? NO politician nor political party is worth my time, trust, energy and resources. None of them are saints. I guess my signature would be able to tell if I'm a what I describe myself to be or not.
Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by egift(m): 10:14am On Jul 29, 2014
Sanchez01: I am a patriot, not taken by politicians nor lying tongues. And @the bolded, I agree, but how many of these people will one day be brought to book when they wield the wand of power? NO politician nor political party is worth my time, trust, energy and resources. None of them are saints. I guess my signature would be able to tell if I'm a what I describe myself to be or not.

- You are beating about the forest. We have two options, (continue the corruption of the PDP or do things differently with APC). Your fence-seating is useless in today's Nigeria.
- Character is what people notice about you (speech, actions, etc), it is not what you say you are. So am not interested in how you define your person. Am guided by my observation of you.
- Nigeria is at a crucial situation, every Nigerian is called upon to embrace patriotism and do something for Nigeria. Nigeria has not done much for us, because the present administration are for there greed.

When we fix Nigeria, this Nation will have the capacity to take care of all of us (security, vibrant economy, freedom and liberty, education, quality healthcare, etc). Arise and vote out Jonathan along with his Coven of the Claws.

Nigeria Needs You!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by texazzpete(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Sanchez01:
Sure, I will. Probably you get bombed first. It was forseen before now; I expect the APC e-rats to rant for their supposed leader. *SMH*

Thank you for making it clear where your bias lies, and why we should not take your words seriously.

Sanchez01:
Having arrived at this, if we’re to imagine which of the Boko Harams attacked Buhari, which would it be? The Muhammed Yusufu Boko Haram which is believed to be largely funded and sponsored by Northern leaders

Please provide any proof for this assertion.
Many intelligence agencies have come out to say they think Boko Haram's main source of funding comes from kidnap ransoms, bank robbers, extortion etc.

Sanchez01: Boko Haram, overtime, has had few failed attempts in a quest to make known their madness. Regardless, their success rate at executing their plans and seeing that it is successful is so high that I would grade them 93%. Often times, foiled Boko Haram attacks are largely as a result of tip offs and the use of amateurs in carrying out their missions but would it have been that easy for a sect who calculate their attacks to miss on an important Northern personality, who has overtime generated controversies by saying that the founder of Boko Haram was killed and not punished by the law?

Can you please tell me where you got that accuracy figure for Boko Haram strike targets? Sheik Bauchi was attacked with explosives that same day...did he also plan his own attack too? All the bombings that have been foiled in Nigeria over the past few months, are they factored into your 93% accuracy figure, or did you pull that figure out of your anal cavity?

The pakistani Taliban were more sophisticated than Boko Haram, and yet had a massive assassination attempt by twin bombers fail to kill her, killing 120 bystanders in the process. Maybe she planned that one too?

Sanchez01: but would it have been that easy for a sect who calculate their attacks to miss on an important Northern personality, who has overtime generated controversies by saying that the founder of Boko Haram was killed and not punished by the law?

Al Qaeda has had a lot of experience with bombings. Yet the Shoe Bomber and Abdulmutallab bombing plots failed. What do you say about that?

Sanchez01: how possible was it that Buhari could responded quite calmly by not fleeing the site of the attack immediately it happened,

Perhaps because of his military training?

Sanchez01: particularly with the number of people who trooped around him and without being afraid that one of the onlookers could still be wearing C4 explosives under his/her clothing? In a case of an attack on a dignitary, such individual is shielded from harm’s way and evacuated from the venue of the chaos to some safe place with immediate effects, why was Buhari’s any different from other dignitaries all over, particularly when it was obvious that a serious attack was issued on his life?

Buhari's security detail is provided by the State. Are you accusing the FG of being behind the assassination attempt? Interesting...

Sanchez01:
The former CPC Presidential candidate has been linked with the dreaded sect overtime, although no proof has seen to that effect.

The only people 'linking Buhari to Boko Haram' are m0r0ns with stunted IQs. Boko Haram's origins are well known and are clearly detailed in this incisive study
http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/Files/africa/west-africa/nigeria/216-curbing-violence-in-nigeria-ii-the-boko-haram-insurgency.pdf

From 1999 onwards, there is absolutely no shred of evidence that Buhari has ever been in contact with any of Yusuf, Boi, Shekau or any of the other major players of Boko Haram, dead or alive.
The only 'link' people like Buhari (and recently, Sanusi) have to Boko Haram is that they are devout muslims. Stands to reason that link is made by intolerant bigots.

Actually, I'm mistaken. The other 'link' is when people wrongly attribute the 'we will make Nigeria ungovernable' comment to Buhari, when those comments were in fact made by elders that are now firmly in the PDP as 'Elder statesmen'.

Sanchez01:
Still, if he is innocent, why would the OTHER Boko Haram attempt to assassinate APC’s potential President when they understand that they would be the prime suspect if anything of such happens?

To be honest, this is by far the most inane paragraph in your write up. Why the heck should Boko Haram care if they are the 'prime suspect'? People that took credit for bombing the UN building, for killings thousands and for kidnapping the Chibok girls?

Why does the 'OTHER' Boko Haram come into this picture, and why is it a condition for his innocence or not? Why have you automatically assumed that the Shekau led Boko Haram have an undue love for Buhari right now?

Sanchez01:
I leave the thought-provoking questions to readers to debate and ponder on

Sadly, it seems YOU did not put any serious thought on this matter before penning this ill-advised stuff

Sanchez01:
PS: This is the video link to an amateur coverage of the blast; Buhari is seen moving among onlookers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg9PC861TI . Some should help bring the video here. Thanks.

PS: There is also a video online in which Boko Haram fighters behead a born and bred Muslim who they accuse of being an 'infidel' because he does not support their violent struggle. The days of you lazy thinkers assuming every Muslim is a friend to Boko Haram should be over!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by bonnybonco: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2014
Buhari was trying to teach his boys how to do suicide bombing without d suicide bomber dying
Re: Opinion: Buhari's Assassination: A Farce? By Sanchez01 by Ediskcab(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
texazzpete:

Thank you for making it clear where your bias lies, and why we should not take your words seriously.

Please provide any proof for this assertion.
Many intelligence agencies have come out to say they think Boko Haram's main source of funding comes from kidnap ransoms, bank robbers, extortion etc.

Can you please tell me where you got that accuracy figure for Boko Haram strike targets? Sheik Bauchi was attacked with explosives that same day...did he also plan his own attack too? All the bombings that have been foiled in Nigeria over the past few months, are they factored into your 93% accuracy figure, or did you pull that figure out of your anal cavity?

The pakistani Taliban were more sophisticated than Boko Haram, and yet had a massive assassination attempt by twin bombers fail to kill her, killing 120 bystanders in the process. Maybe she planned that one too?

Al Qaeda has had a lot of experience with bombings. Yet the Shoe Bomber and Abdulmutallab bombing plots failed. What do you say about that?

Perhaps because of his military training?

Buhari's security detail is provided by the State. Are you accusing the FG of being behind the assassination attempt? Interesting...

The only people 'linking Buhari to Boko Haram' are m0r0ns with stunted IQs. Boko Haram's origins are well known and are clearly detailed in this incisive study
http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/Files/africa/west-africa/nigeria/216-curbing-violence-in-nigeria-ii-the-boko-haram-insurgency.pdf

From 1999 onwards, there is absolutely no shred of evidence that Buhari has ever been in contact with any of Yusuf, Boi, Shekau or any of the other major players of Boko Haram, dead or alive.
The only 'link' people like Buhari (and recently, Sanusi) have to Boko Haram is that they are devout muslims. Stands to reason that link is made by intolerant bigots.

Actually, I'm mistaken. The other 'link' is when people wrongly attribute the 'we will make Nigeria ungovernable' comment to Buhari, when those comments were in fact made by elders that are now firmly in the PDP as 'Elder statesmen'.

To be honest, this is by far the most inane paragraph in your write up. Why the heck should Boko Haram care if they are the 'prime suspect'? People that took credit for bombing the UN building, for killings thousands and for kidnapping the Chibok girls?

Why does the 'OTHER' Boko Haram come into this picture, and why is it a condition for his innocence or not? Why have you automatically assumed that the Shekau led Boko Haram have an undue love for Buhari right now?

Sadly, it seems YOU did not put any serious thought on this matter before penning this ill-advised stuff

PS: There is also a video online in which Boko Haram fighters behead a born and bred Muslim who they accuse of being an 'infidel' because he does not support their violent struggle. The days of you lazy thinkers assuming every Muslim is a friend to Boko Haram should be over!
@Texazzpete my xact tots r captured in ur reply.

(1) (Reply)

Has The Nigerian Army Lost Its Head? / OSUN: GEJ Must Be Commended / Special Tribute To Prof Dora Akunyili (1954-2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.