Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? (4792 Views)

Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Funny you.

The King of Tyrus, if you study that chapter very well is actually the serpent. The Bible says he was more subtil than any beast of the field (beast of the field here means humans, mind you). Genesis 3:1.

Juxtapose Isaiah 47 and Ezekiel 28 and try to create a linkage.
nothing funny there, don't think your analogy concerning the Adam&EVE thing is correct....Ezekiel was addressing spirits there,not adam&eve( i mean Ezekiel 31)
And on the 2nd note,i don't know if you're talking of the physical serpent but that place was talking of Satan.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare: it was made of earth but that flesh was alive unlike ours and it wasn't flesh(meat) that was the controller,it was his spirit body which engulfed the flesh and empowers the flesh to be able to hold the Tree of Life or Knowledge of Good&Evil...It's that spirit of his that sees and can decipher information of trees,animals and know what they are in true nature.
God planted a garden in Eden...the east of Eden. Meaning we have Eden North,South,West& East...so in the east God planted a massive garden.(Gen 2: 8 )

Dont spiritualise these things. I agree this maybe a bit difficult to grasp.

Genesis is not the story of creation, but of the selection of man. God knew man was going to disobey him (Deuteronomy 31&32), so the story of Adam is the end written from the beginning.

The Garden of Eden;

Deuteronomy 31:20
For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.

Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Question is what made the earth 'without form and void' in Genesis and Jeremiah?

The Heavens Jeremiah is refering to is not the heavens where God lives, but the heavens here on earth, when Israel was in rulership. In summary, the heavens became corrupted.

1 Like

Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Dont spiritualise these things. I agree this maybe a bit difficult to grasp.

Genesis is not the story of creation, but of the selection of man. God knew man was going to disobey him (Deuteronomy 31&32), so the story of Adam is the end written from the beginning.

The Garden of Eden;

Deuteronomy 31:20
For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.

[b]Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Question is what made the earth 'without form and void'?

The Heavens Jeremiah is refering to is not the heavens where God lives, but the heavens here on earth, when Israel was in rulership. In summary, the heavens became corrupted.
there is nothing to physicalize about it...that Eden wasn't our earthly Eden....the Eden created in the earthly realm was speaking of another Eden that was in the heavens.

And we have the heaven(air) that belongs to man(now hijacked); and heavens(1st,2nd,3rd) that belongs to the angelic.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare: there is nothing to physicalize about it...that Eden wasn't our earthly Eden....the Eden created in the earthly realm was speaking of another Eden that was in the heavens.

And we have the heaven(air) that belongs to man(now hijacked); and heavens(1st,2nd,3rd) that belongs to the angelic.

The ramifications of what you just said!

The heavens was hijacked from man!!!

Who hijacked it?

Who is ruling now?

Where are the heavens located now?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

The ramifications of what you just said!

The heavens was hijacked from man!!! Who Hijacked it?

satan now...(principalities&powers,rulers of the darkness of this world,spiritual wickedness in High places)
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare: satan now...(principalities&powers,rulers of the darkness of this world,spiritual wickedness in High places)

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen

2 Peter 3:12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The question once again, who occupies the heavens?

Remember Israel (Adam and Eve) has been cast out of it (Lamentations 2:1).
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen

2 Peter 3:12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

The question once again, who occupies the heavens?

Remember Israel (Adam and Eve) has been cast out of it (Lamentations 2:1).
it doesn't relate...one of Paul's letters to the seven churches,the church in Rome has come to a place where they handled satan throughout the New testament,so other churches....this was a warfare&Paul gave them hope pertaining to what he saw in the spirit,what Jesus shew him concerning the church in rome.
Satan is still ruling.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Read Ezekiel 31, you will find it there. Take care to note that Adam is called Pharaoh here. Elect Israel, Adam, is called Pharaoh, Non-elect Israel, Eve is called his multitude (Verse 2,18).

The story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and how they were cast out of the garden is summarised in that Chapter.

The Bible consists of prophesies and historical events, you should know well not to mix both together. Genesis is the narration of the creation account while Ezekiel is prophecy. Know the difference.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
jansie:

Gen 2:8-14

Those verses only show that Eden was a region somewhere east of where Adam first received consciousness. It was there that Adam observed God plant the Garden meant for his habitation.

"And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed" (Genesis 2:8.)
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
jansie:

Gen 2:8-14

Those verses only show that Eden was a region somewhere east of where Adam first received consciousness. It was there that Adam observed God plant the Garden meant for his habitation.

"And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed" (Genesis 2:8.)

twosquare:

it was made of earth but that flesh was alive unlike ours and it wasn't flesh(meat) that was the controller,it was his spirit body which engulfed the flesh and empowers the flesh to be able to hold the Tree of Life or Knowledge of Good&Evil...It's that spirit of his that sees and can decipher information of trees,animals and know what they are in true nature.
God planted a garden in Eden...the east of Eden. Meaning we have Eden North,South,West& East...so in the east God planted a massive garden.(Gen 2: 8 )

What you are claiming here is not evident in the scriptures. Due care must be taken so as not to fall into error.

My understanding is that Adam's spirit body which was similar in shape to his soul and flesh was much stronger because it was connected to the Holy Spirit and that's what enabled him do extraordinary things like subdue and rule the whole earth.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare:

wrong.That wasn't talking of Adam and Eve...it was a parable to some nations at that point in time...Ezekiel 28 will give you a clearer view&even confuse you if need be.

Agreed.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare:

there is nothing to physicalize about it...that Eden wasn't our earthly Eden....the Eden created in the earthly realm was speaking of another Eden that was in the heavens.

I kind of understand what you are driving at but I just don't see any scriptural justification for it.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What you are claiming here is not evident in the scriptures. Due care must be taken so as not to fall into error.

My understanding is that Adam's spirit body which was similar in shape to his soul and flesh was much stronger because it was connected to the Holy Spirit and that's what enabled him do extraordinary things like subdue and rule the whole earth.

Adam died spiritually after dining with satan,though their soul was alive and with time, satan killed the body coz sin entered there later....And about what you told jansie, Eden was somewhere...but in the Eastern Eden God planted that garden.re-read that place slowly....it doesn't say the East of the earth but a place....it is like me saying in the east of America,olaadegbu planted a garden.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I kind of understand what you are driving at but I just don't see any scriptural justification for it.
meditate on Rev 12...connect&meditate it with Isaiah 14:12-14. After that...you know he is referred to as the prince of the power of the air(ephesians 2:2).....where did the Prince of persia withstood that angel coming that angel? Where shall we meet the Lord when caught up?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

on the 2nd note, in that book of Ezekiel, where he said,"Thou art been in Eden,the Garden of God...every precious stone was thy covering." Is that our earthly eden?your understanding of that passage will show you if there be a scriptural justification.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible consists of prophesies and historical events, you should know well not to mix both together. Genesis is the narration of the creation account while Ezekiel is prophecy. Know the difference.

It is not given for you to know. You are blinded.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by MrPresident1: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
twosquare: it doesn't relate...one of Paul's letters to the seven churches,the church in Rome has come to a place where they handled satan throughout the New testament,so other churches....this was a warfare&Paul gave them hope pertaining to what he saw in the spirit,what Jesus shew him concerning the church in rome.
Satan is still ruling.

Satan is not the name of anybody. Anyone who is a willing tool for evil is Satan.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
MrPresident1:

Satan is not the name of anybody. Anyone who is a willing tool for evil is Satan.
grin

Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54am On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

Adam died spiritually after dining with satan,though their soul was alive and with time, satan killed the body coz sin entered there later....And about what you told jansie, Eden was somewhere...but in the Eastern Eden God planted that garden.re-read that place slowly....it doesn't say the East of the earth but a place....it is like me saying in the east of America,olaadegbu planted a garden.

He did not only die spiritually, the process of death set in as from that time, it was only a matter of time before he "gave up the ghost" The moment God fires man he still allows you to work but the fact remains that he's been fired.

Adam actually watched God plant the garden east from where he was made. He was an eyewitness to the planting of the Garden of Eden.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58am On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

meditate on Rev 12...connect&meditate it with Isaiah 14:12-14. After that...you know he is referred to as the prince of the power of the air(ephesians 2:2).....where did the Prince of persia withstood that angel coming that angel? Where shall we meet the Lord when caught up?

Those verses doesn't talk about the creation event, it speaks about prophecy and spiritual warfare.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:05am On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

on the 2nd note, in that book of Ezekiel, where he said,"Thou art been in Eden,the Garden of God...every precious stone was thy covering." Is that our earthly eden?your understanding of that passage will show you if there be a scriptural justification.

Adam saw God plant the Garden of Eden, tell me if Satan was created before this time?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11am On Aug 15, 2014
MrPresident1:

It is not given for you to know. You are blinded.

The Lord open blind eyes and also blindfolds "open eyes" wink
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Adam saw God plant the Garden of Eden, tell me if Satan was created before this time?
satan existed before Adam..so also Eden. (hebrews 11:3)
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Those verses doesn't talk about the creation event, it speaks about prophecy and spiritual warfare.
it's because you can't see it..these are things that happened in connection to Adam's fall.
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

satan existed before Adam..so also Eden. (hebrews 11:3)

But Adam witnessed God plant the Garden of Eden, how does that work out according to your exegesis? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

it's because you can't see it..these are things that happened in connection to Adam's fall.

What else was in connection to Adam's Fall? undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

But Adam witnessed God plant the Garden of Eden, how does that work out according to your exegesis? undecided
there is an heavenly eden,there is an earthly eden.That's simple enough to understand. undecided
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

there is an heavenly eden,there is an earthly eden.That's simple enough to understand. undecided

Good. That makes it two Garden's of Eden, right?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Good. That makes it two Garden's of Eden, right?
yes
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

yes

Could it be that God used the pattern of the Heavenly Eden to plant the earthly one in which Adam resided? If yes, where was it located here on earth?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by twosquare(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Could it be that God used the pattern of the Heavenly Eden to plant the earthly one in which Adam resided? If yes, where was it located here on earth?
that's a question we should ask you....only Adam can tell the geographical location it was before it went off...or have you discovered the place?
Re: Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
twosquare:

that's a question we should ask you....only Adam can tell the geographical location it was before it went off...or have you discovered the place?

That is the question of the OP. I believe the answer to that question is in the book of Genesis. Search and ye shall find. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Two Sons - Paul Ellis / Sister Linda: The Woman Who Went To Hell And Came Back.....tells Her Story / If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.