Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (30166 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by dozai: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode:

If she fails the second test then she cheated not that she was cheated.

Diuretics will only make person to dey piss like say tomorrow no dey. how it take be performance drug?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
ifedinnma:
I wonder oh! I knew chika from 4 yrs ago and she finished secondry school in 2012 when iwas abt leaving for youth service.
People can talk puaaaaaaaa out of ignorance
if she finished secondary school in 2012, than she is not 16
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by myworld01: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
ohimai83:
SMH people actually liked this post?

u may click the dislike button
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Buddhar(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
The Bell of SALVATION is still Ringing, Hearken to the VOICE of REDEMPTION, Confess your SINS and accept JESUS as your LORD & SAVIOR before the END comes. Pls do not Harden your Heart after which cometh DESTRUCTION. Hell is Real
For further explaination call, 07039388167. Pls re-broadcast.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
She aint even an adult yet. Bad influence, someone else is responsible.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tsmall(m): 12:18am On Jul 30, 2014
Some of us knew she's not 16yrs as she claimed ,maybe we just don't wanna spoiled the fun...and I hate it when some of you drag this conspiracy theory of a thing into every topic...not sure if some of you knew the numbers of time the Jamaica legend has been tested? The last time I checked BOLT isn't a Nigerian..Well before anything let wait for the second test tomorrow...I wish her all the best.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by waleelite(m): 2:56am On Jul 30, 2014
Too Bad for Nigeria

S*H*A*M*E
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ifedinnma(f): 3:48am On Jul 30, 2014
Mee234:
if she finished secondary school in 2012, than she is not 16
As u take follow give her mum belle abi u dey when she push am out.
So, hw old do u knw she is?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 30, 2014
ifedinnma:
As u take follow give her mum belle abi u dey when she push am out.
So, hw old do u knw she is?
Tell ur self the truth. Hw many 14 year old kid dey write wace for niaja? Does that face and check bone look like it belong to a girl of 16? u are probably guilty of age cheat ursef.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ifedinnma(f): 5:35am On Jul 30, 2014
Mee234:
Tell ur self the truth. Hw many 14 year old kid dey write wace for niaja? Does that face and check bone look like it belong to a girl of 16? u are probably guilty of age cheat ursef.
My dear, it really beats me how often you and some other NL's resort to insults instead of arguring maturedly.
I am not going to give you the satisfaction of trading words.
Try lifting weight for 5yrs (cos she was discovered frm inter school competitions in secondary Sch while in Kano before Ebonyi State pick her in 2011 to compete for them.) and see what ur check bones will look like.
I rest my case
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 30, 2014
ifedinnma:
My dear, it really beats me how often you and some other NL's resort to insults instead of arguring maturedly.
I am not going to give you the satisfaction of trading words.
Try lifting weight for 5yrs (cos she was discovered frm inter school competitions in secondary Sch while in Kano before Ebonyi State pick her in 2011 to compete for them.) and see what ur check bones will look like.
I rest my case
I Neva insult u abegi. I remember reading about a female weight lifter who was in ss2 winning a national event. That was 2011(cant remember correctly). they her at 14 or so than and some people cry foul back than. Sentiment was use to sweep the age thing away. Now the same sentiment is playing again.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 30, 2014
and i was so happy. sad news sha.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2014
and yes, people do write waec at14. My classmate for instance should have been two classes below me. We wrote waec together. She's 14. Still.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by angeldhot: 7:25am On Jul 30, 2014
SSS trusted question and answer available. Just call 08132032774
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Who the hell gave a 16 year old drugs?!!! Whats the moral supposed to be? It's okay to cheat with drugs as long as you don't get caught? The girl was really looking very vexed like she wsnt herself truly. I was telling my sister that maybe she was being vexed by her coach behind the scene. She seemed...weird to me. now I know why.

The adults around her should be scolded. Ahah, it's like they telling her she can't win unless she dopes na. Haba!! So wrong.

YeaYeaNot
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2014
Mee234:

Hmmm...plenty 14 years old dey write WASSCE bros no think am.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2014
django1:

Hmmm...plenty 14 years old dey write WASSCE bros no think am.
14 years old for public school wen get time dey do sport?!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by englishmart(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2014
pazienza:

Are you her mother? grin
not at all. But I know her very well
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2014
Ok . thanks

I just read about it and she explains that in Nigeria, when you buy medication from the chemist they may contain any substance including banned substances.

I tend to believe her, she was so small and petite , she does not come across as an abuser of steroids
tbaba1234:

Chioma Ajunwa was banned for life after failing a test in 2002.

She failed a test before in 1992.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by jsunex(m): 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
barcanista: Ahhhh This Will Be epic!!!

First Chioma Ajunwa
Now This Chika Amalaha.

How did she get the drugs? angry angry angry

See question ooo.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Litmus:

Another Nigerian female weight lifter was also cheated of a higher medal when it was upheld that her elbows twitched or didnt lock properly. You could tell, by the commentaries of the commentators, that they cheated her . During these sporting situations, Oyibos are never jittery unless something is drastically wrong. They-commentators - were making statement such as, 'i ve never seen this before (therefore never seen judges penalize weight-lifters in other competitions for that particular thing before) etc. However, i suppose that commentators have to avoid controversy and follow the party line and so, in the end, the female commentator stated, during the slow-motion repeat, "oh, i can see, her elbows wobbled slightly there"

pitiful angry

exactly!!!...thank God im not d only one that notice all this things
even in football when i tell pple about d commentators how they
suddenly shift from their comments they ll say im being too sentimental
they always cheat us in everythin,
its too painful becox we have to only sit down and watch

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by denniece1(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2014
The sample B was also tested positive for the banned substance

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Elem1: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
ifyalways:
True to some extent.

As a athlete, you gotta be extremely careful of where you eat, people you trust etc. Some of our natural local herbs and spices might influence a dope test. Kolanut, bitter kola etc.
Well said my dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Silva To Be Immortalised With Statue Outside Etihad Stadium / Mauricio Pochettino Confronts Mike Dean After Burnley Loss (Photos) / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.