Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,666 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (484986 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
I have been making money online writing/researching online for the past two years now. I got my first writing job here on Nairaland with a content writing firm in Lagos. I worked for a few month with the company and then moved to www.freelancer.com. Freelancer.com is authentic and most importantly it is free. You can receive your income directly in Nigeria through a master card issued by a company known as payoneer.

Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is an online marketplace where employers post their jobs and members executes it. There a lot of jobs available on the website - such as writing/data entry/research/ typing/web design/social media marketing/market research/business plan writing etc.

What is required:
1. Open a free account on freelancer.com
2. Search for jobs in the marketplace
3. Place your bids
4. Get picked by the employer
5. Get paid
6. Withdraw your income into payoneer card (Please do not use Paypal, as it is not yet legal to withdraw into Paypal acct, you can only use it to make payment online for now). Payoneer card is better and safe).
7. Withdraw your money from any mastercard ATM in Nigeria.

If you have questions get in touch with me on virtualassistprof@gmail.com

72 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Don't pick offence plz, how much have u made so far from Freelancer.com?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
nchewi: Don't pick offence plz, how much have u made so far from Freelancer.com?

@ncheiw, Sorry, I cannot disclose that on a public forum. All I can tell you is that I am working full time and I am comfortable and aspiring.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Joeself1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
what if your bids are not picked?

5 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tonytony208(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ladywriter is very correct. I also work on freelancer dot com. In fact, that is my only source of income and it is the only viable source through which i personally sponsor my education. But the idea of making $1000 per month will take you time to achieve. If i can work myself out, i can make $600 in a month. But school work doesn't permit me such "leisure".

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2014
@Joeself1, you keep bidding until your bid is picked. On the average, if i placed 10 bids, I get at least 2 jobs. The more you bid, the more your success of getting picked.

@Tonytony208, thanks for your input. Yes, you are right, the idea of making $1000/month depends on the kind of job you are bidding on. If you are writing $1 articles, you cannot make that much. When i was writing articles, I made at least $400/month. Then, i upgraded my knowledge and skills to writing e-books, market research and the rest of it. I tell you, that was when my income increased to $1,000 and now, i have moved forward.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2014
Waow! This is impressive. How do you guys manage to keep up the inspiration to write? I can't seem to get over the Writers' block am currently having.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2014
nchewi: Waow! This is impressive. How do you guys manage to keep up the inspiration to write? I can't seem to get over the Writers' block am currently having.

Everyone experiences the Writer's block. What I do is look at the reward, not at the work at hand. When I look at the project fee and convert it to Naira, I am motivated to write. The motivation is the reward!

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tonytony208(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
ladywriter:
@Joeself1, you keep bidding until your bid is picked. On the average, if i placed 10 bids, I get at least 2 jobs. The more you bid, the more your success of getting picked.

@Tonytony208, thanks for your input. Yes, you are right, the idea of making $1000/month depends on the kind of job you are bidding on. If you are writing $1 articles, you cannot make that much. When i was writing articles, I made at least $400/month. Then, i upgraded my knowledge and skills to writing e-books, market research and the rest of it. I tell you, that was when my income increased to $1,000 and now, i have moved forward.

ladywriter, i will like to have some professional discuss with you. I don't know how the PM on nairaland works, i would have sent you PM. can you pls drop your email address? But if you crave your privacy with passion, i can drop my email and number here with the hope that you will mail or beep (flash) me asap. If you beep me, i will call you back ma. The discuss is somewhat urgent and especially important. My email is achieverbest208@gmail.com. My number is 07034426064. Eagerly awaiting your mail or beep.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
ladywriter:

Everyone experiences the Writer's block. What I do is look at the reward, not at the work at hand. When I look at the project fee and convert it to Naira, I am motivated to write. The motivation is the reward!
Tanx a lot. Looking @ d reward is a great way 2 stay motivated. I totally subscribe to that. Writing requires a lot of researching and internet surfing, how were u able 2 cope with the high cost of internet data in Nigeria? And also the "nepa" challenge we're currently facing, do u have a PowerBank for PC? Am asking this question to help inspire many others who will come across this thread. Tanx

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
tonytony208:

ladywriter, i will like to have some professional discuss with you. I don't know how the PM on nairaland works, i would have sent you PM. can you pls drop your email address? But if you crave your privacy with passion, i can drop my email and number here with the hope that you will mail or beep (flash) me asap. If you beep me, i will call you back ma. The discuss is somewhat urgent and especially important. My email is achieverbest208@gmail.com. My number is 07034426064. Eagerly awaiting your mail or beep.

You can contact me on virtualassistprof@gmail.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
ladywriter:

I would also love 2 reach u personally. But plz, can u help out with the questions I asked earlier? Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tonytony208(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
ladywriter:

thanks for your response. I have sent you a mail.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
nchewi: Tanx a lot. Looking @ d reward is a great way 2 stay motivated. I totally subscribe to that. Writing requires a lot of researching and internet surfing, how were u able 2 cope with the high cost of internet data in Nigeria? And also the "nepa" challenge we're currently facing, do u have a PowerBank for PC? Am asking this question to help inspire many others who will come across this thread. Tanx

@Nchewi, while i was in Nigeria, i used Glo. (I reside in Ghana now and i am still using Glo). I was using the 6Gig then, which was around N5,000.00 and I had a generator that was always running (at least when NEPA took light). Then (2012), I was making around $400 (then the exchange rate was N157.00) so multiply 400 x 157 = N62,800.00 / month, so if i remove my N5,000 internet data cost and another N5,000 for fuel. I will still have N52,800.00. Nepa and internet data cost should not be an issue, if you are determined to succeed. I upgraded my skills and now I make much more than that. That is one vital thing about making money online, you don't sit still, there are thousand and one opportunities of making money. The more knowledge you have and put to use, the more money you make.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by samogo1: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
did u register with Nigeria ip? and also, I think u need to take a test that cost $$ b4 u can bid there?

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
samogo1: did u register with Nigeria ip? and also, I think u need to take a test that cost $$ b4 u can bid there?

Yes I registered with my glo ip in Nigeria. Nigerians are accepted on freelancer.com. The test only cost $5 and not all project requires a test.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by LordAdam: 12:29am On Jul 31, 2014
ladywriter:

@Nchewi, while i was in Nigeria, i used Glo. (I reside in Ghana now and i am still using Glo). I was using the 6Gig then, which was around N5,000.00 and I had a generator that was always running (at least when NEPA took light). Then (2012), I was making around $400 (then the exchange rate was N157.00) so multiply 400 x 157 = N62,800.00 / month, so if i remove my N5,000 internet data cost and another N5,000 for fuel. I will still have N52,800.00. Nepa and internet data cost should not be an issue, if you are determined to succeed. I upgraded my skills and now I make much more than that. That is one vital thing about making money online, you don't sit still, there are thousand and one opportunities of making money. The more knowledge you have and put to use, the more money you make.

What I don't get though is the recent trend in Nairaland of the lost treasure of "writing gigs". I don't suppose it's awful, African writers who get the spotlight are often from South Africa, and Kenya. So, adding Nigeria to the mix doesn't sound bad. Especially with Paypal dropping the whole criminal scare, and the apparent benefits of more cash entering the economy.

But hey, it's not all joie de vivre for tyro writers, writing is almost always a starting out gig to earning online, so it should be taken as such (unless you feel strongly about writing and take it as a profession). $1000 sounds like a good estimate, but unless you've got some amazing writing skills (hard for the average educated nigerian) and a bit of luck in finding good clients ready to take you up on the grim possibility that you're a newbie writer with a difference, you'd most likely hover around the $300-$600/mo mark. And even with that, you'd still have to churn articles at finger-blistering rate, doing runs of several hours at a time.

Okay, so that may come off as scary, but look at the bright side, at $300/mo you'd be earning 2.5 times the minimum wage, and at $600/mo, you can make a joke of a bank teller with a straight face. Oh, and as a Nigerian, you can tough it out on the challenges.

And just a few tips to pocket, don't just market your writing skills, market yourself. I could keep going for hours on the importance of marketing yourself, but I wouldn't like to walk down that road. Just know that it's important.

Still on tips, think outside the box to increase your earnings: for example, taking on more work than usual and outsourcing while keeping a tangible profit is bedding ground to owning your own writing agency. Find a good web developer/designer and some SEO expert to be part of your team and a single invoice of yours could go into four figures. That's just one idea, investing your cash in something worthwhile online or offline can safeguard your lifestyle with passive income.

And if you're feeling like Soros, you can think as though there's no box, bludgeon into something you previously knew little to nothing about [but looks promising], and rip-off as much as you can from it while others are taking numbers in queue.

And finally a word out to the OP, many great writers I know carrying the craft online are ladies. Makes writing online feel like nursing profession-wise, but this ain't about stereotyping, I'm just going to give you a thumbs up. Good work trying to genuinely help folks, not all of us are cut out for that.

~Lord

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 31, 2014
@LordAdam. You sound very familiar, like somebody I know off Nairaland. Thanks for your input. Makes a whole lot of sense. @LadyWriter. May God bless you abundantly for reaching out to others. Thanks a mil.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by phabulux: 6:01am On Jul 31, 2014
ladywriter: I have been making money online writing/researching online for the past two years now. I got my first writing job here on Nairaland with a content writing firm in Lagos. I worked for a few month with the company and then moved to www.freelancer.com. Freelancer.com is authentic and most importantly it is free. You can receive your income directly in Nigeria through a master card issued by a company known as payoneer.

Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is an online marketplace where employers post their jobs and members executes it. There a lot of jobs available on the website - such as writing/data entry/research/ typing/web design/social media marketing/market research/business plan writing etc.

What is required:
3. Place your bids
5. Get paid
6. Withdraw your income into payoneer card

You do, don't you?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2014
@LordAdam, very inspiring speech you have there. Thank you so much. Actually, it is near impossible to make $1000/month writing articles for a starter. To make that much, you need to have lots of clients and writers working with you. You need more than articles to make that much. I used article writing as a ladder to build my credibility online (reviews), and from there I learnt how to write e-books and research reports (that is where money is). Article writing is just the beginning and should be used to learn the ropes of online marketing communication.

Actually, this is not my first post on nairaland, i have helped about five people so far to start on freelancer. They are making money online now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by eripecs(f): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
@ ladywriter, good to have you back. You went on break or something? Good to see you in business section. As regards freelancer, its real as am a registered member but good for the self employed and unmarried. Its not easy managing it with my home and job, I must confess. God bless you real good with this your selfless nature. Hope to get in touch soon. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by samogo1: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
an average 500word article costs $2 and so if u target making $500 monthly, it means 250 articles monthly and about 8 articles daily. so if you are equal to the task, then success is sure on freelancer.

6 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
@eripecs, good to hear from you dearie. I have been busy learning other money making skills online. The Lord will give you grace to balance your home with your work. I am married too and I had to create a balance between the two. I planned everything out the way it will suit me. For instance, I buy things in bulk and keep them at home. I cook my soups (different types e.g. egusi, ewedu, okro etc) and stew in advance - like say two weeks to one month and put them in cans in the freezer. This makes it easy to make lunch and dinner. You need to make adjustments where necessary. You should have a resumption and closing time and leave weekends out for the family. Blessings!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by eripecs(f): 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
ladywriter: @eripecs, good to hear from you dearie. I have been busy learning other money making skills online. The Lord will give you grace to balance your home with your work. I am married too and I had to create a balance between the two. I planned everything out the way it will suit me. For instance, I buy things in bulk and keep them at home. I cook my soups (different types e.g. egusi, ewedu, okro etc) and stew in advance - like say two weeks to one month and put them in cans in the freezer. This makes it easy to make lunch and dinner. You need to make adjustments where necessary. You should have a resumption and closing time and leave weekends out for the family. Blessings!

Thanks for the piece of advice. Am still in Nigeria with epileptic power supply. I hope to adjust soon. Just won a bid in freelancer. Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Peterpan222(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mobofree

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
eripecs:

Thanks for the piece of advice. Am still in Nigeria with epileptic power supply. I hope to adjust soon. Just won a bid in freelancer. Cheers!

Ehh oo, I forgot. I live in Northern Ghana and we have light 24/7. I forgot the light situation in Nigeria, too bad. Congrats! Don't forget to pay your tithe into my bank account o (lol). All the best!

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
ladywriter:

Ehh oo, I forgot. I live in Northern Ghana and we have light 24/7. I forgot the light situation in Nigeria, too bad. Congrats! Don't forget to pay your tithe into my bank account o (lol). All the best!
OMG!! 24/7 power supply in Ghana o!!! Nigeria, why are u short-changing us? Why are u sabotaging urself? Why?

7 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by estherdim: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
ladywriter: I have been making money online writing/researching online for the past two years now. I got my first writing job here on Nairaland with a content writing firm in Lagos. I worked for a few month with the company and then moved to www.freelancer.com. Freelancer.com is authentic and most importantly it is free. You can receive your income directly in Nigeria through a master card issued by a company known as payoneer.

Freelancer.com

What is required:
3. Place your bids
5. Get paid
6. Withdraw your income into payoneer card

please ma i send an email to you, waiting to hear from u soon.

Thanks
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
estherdim:

please ma i send an email to you, waiting to hear from u soon.

Thanks

Check your email, i have replied your mail.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by henrimoto(m): 1:18am On Aug 01, 2014
ladywriter: .

Check your email, i have replied your mail.
@lordadam, bros, you go good for football comentator... See as your finger dey run. Weldone!

1 Like 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.