Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (484671 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 4:59am On Jun 23, 2015
I really didn't want to do this, but then, life is about giving. This reply is for those having issues bidding. It has worked for me on several occasions as a freelancer and in life.

I can sell an egg to a hen and this is the principle behind it.

First, there are 3 questions every seller tries to answer - Why, How, and What.

Research has shown that people buy things based on emotions. The part of the brain linked to purchase decisions is linked to your emotions. What this means is that no matter how perfect your sales pitch is, you may not sell because you haven't reached a clients emotion.

This is worst on freelancer and fiverr (buyers request). There are several hundreds of people bidding.

Back to Why, How, and What. Most sellers go for what and how, and leave the why. You may get tangible results online but it will be difficult selling offline. An example -

Hello freelancers, I want my website content re written to pass CopyScape.

"Hi, I am a writer with several years of experience in a variety of niches. I am very meticulous, creative, and passionate about my job. I will write 100% error-free, SEO, and CopyScape-passed articles,
Hire me."

Notice that while my bid sounds professional, it only states what I do. There is no why (a little why) or how. The truth is that this is what a lot of bids look like. The next option is for the client to choose based on reviews. So let's rewrite our bid.

"Hello, I know what it feels like having CopyScape flag your contents down. I also know how quality content can transform your website and even ranking on Google. I am passionate about writing and this is what makes the difference. I am a meticulous writer with ample years of experience. My clients are my priority and this is why I research in detail before writing my articles.

I look forward to working with you. Kindly contact me for more details."

Notice that I first tried to connect (Why)
Next I said something about research (How)
And finally What.

That is the correct order on how to sell anything to anyone.

I hope this helps... Contributions are welcome. This is not an ultimate guide.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
I really didn't want to do this, but then, life is about giving. This reply is for those having issues bidding. It has worked for me on several occasions as a freelancer and in life.

I can sell an egg to a hen and this is the principle behind it.

First, there are 3 questions every seller tries to answer - Why, How, and What.

Research has shown that people buy things based on emotions. The part of the brain linked to purchase decisions is linked to your emotions. What this means is that no matter how perfect your sales pitch is, you may not sell because you haven't reached a clients emotion.

This is worst on freelancer and fiverr (buyers request). There are several hundreds of people bidding.

Back to Why, How, and What. Most sellers go for what and how, and leave the why. You may get tangible results online but it will be difficult selling offline. An example -

Hello freelancers, I want my website content re written to pass CopyScape.

"Hi, I am a writer with several years of experience in a variety of niches. I am very meticulous, creative, and passionate about my job. I will write 100% error-free, SEO, and CopyScape-passed articles,
Hire me."

Notice that while my bid sounds professional, it only states what I do. There is no why (a little why) or how. The truth is that this is what a lot of bids look like. The next option is for the client to choose based on reviews. So let's rewrite our bid.

"Hello, I know what it feels like having CopyScape flag your contents down. I also know how quality content can transform your website and even ranking on Google. I am passionate about writing and this is what makes the difference. I am a meticulous writer with ample years of experience. My clients are my priority and this is why I research in detail before writing my articles.

I look forward to working with you. Kindly contact me for more details."

Notice that I first tried to connect (Why)
Next I said something about research (How)
And finally What.

That is the correct order on how to sell anything to anyone.

I hope this helps... Contributions are welcome. This is not an ultimate guide.

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is the correct order on how to sell anything to anyone. Thank you so much my brother. You really hit the nail on the head. When I started newly, one of the gurus I met (a Nigerian) on FL, told me to always include "I am ready to provide a 100 word sample for you' with my bid. I did it and it worked like magic. But I stopped doing that when my reviews increased. So, this can also be incorporated into the bid if you are still a newbie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2015
Debeloved87:
Thanks. my payoneer card arrived today, i was very happy with that. but how can i fund it with cash.

I am not sure you can fund it with cash. The essence of the card is to use it in collecting your earnings on Freelancer.com and other related websites.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Debeloved87(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2015
ladywriter:

I am not sure you can fund it with cash. The essence of card is to use it in collecting your earnings on Freelancer.com and other related websites.
OK thanks.. I got you. I can only withdraw my earnings on the Internet into the card to be withdrawn on the atm machine.. Cool.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by slim49z(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2015
cremeandchic:

Sent. Sorry for the delay.

Delivered. Did my best to deliver as soon as I got the details. Feedback needed. Thank you!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by TCF1980(m): 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Please house! While bidding for a project, the aspect of Proposed Milestones: (Define the tasks that you will complete for this employer's project) 1. ............ for $ (amount). Please, what is expected to be typed on the dotted lines?

Also, what does the Paid to you: $....... mean?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 6:53am On Jun 24, 2015
TCF1980:
Please house! While bidding for a project, the aspect of Proposed Milestones: (Define the tasks that you will complete for this employer's project) 1. ............ for $ (amount). Please, what is expected to be typed on the dotted lines?

Also, what does the Paid to you: $....... mean?

Welcome on board. The proposed milestone is the amount you want the employer to deposit to freelancer for the project, to be released into your account when you complete the project. Normally, I set it at 100% of the project fee. This will ensure that the employer does not run away with your money after the project is completed. You can write "project completion" in the dotted lines. Paid to you is the amount you are willing to collect for the project. I will advise you to read the help section of the website. It will help you to learn more about the business. All the best!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by slim49z(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2015
@Madam creamandchic

I am still waiting for feedback o. Its really important to me. Thank you!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by flames007(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Pls i need the details too:emmanuelfirebrand@gmail.com
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by yebo36(f): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2015
God bless the great hearts that are contributing to peoples lives. Thank you all.
Please I will like to register on fivver can someone put me through especially the video aspect. Or is it possible to help me register my gig? Thanks in advance. Luv you all.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2015
yebo36:
God bless the great hearts that are contributing to peoples lives. Thank you all.
Please I will like to register on fivver can someone put me through especially the video aspect. Or is it possible to help me register my gig? Thanks in advance. Luv you all.

@yebo36, it is very easy to create and you can do it by yourself. Follow the steps below:
1. Search for top rated gigs in the skills you want to sell, look at how they described their skills and follow suit. Do not copy their description, just read and write in your own words.
2. Look at the way they use tags - You can use similar tags for your gigs also. This will help you to rank high on Fiverr.
3. Look at the way they structure their gig extras and all other features. You can get inspiration from there.

As per the video aspect, you can use Powerpoint + windows movie maker. Google "how to create video using Powerpoint." and you will see lots of tutorials. Be ready to learn and implement things on your own!

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by yebo36(f): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
ladywriter:

@yebo36, it is very easy to create and you can do it by yourself. Follow the steps below:
1. Search for top rated gigs in the skills you want to sell, look at how they described their skills and follow suit. Do not copy their description, just read and write in your own words.
2. Look at the way they use tags - You can use similar tags for your gigs also. This will help you to rank high on Fiverr.
3. Look at the way they structure their gig extras and all other features. You can get inspiration from there.

As per the video aspect, you can use Powerpoint + windows movie maker. Google "how to create video using Powerpoint." and you will see lots of tutorials. Be ready to learn and implement things on your own!
Thank you very much ma. Will do as you said and post my updates here.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cmecproblem(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
slim49z:
@Madam creamandchic

I am still waiting for feedback o. Its really important to me. Thank you!
Ha,Bros is this the only medium you us to contact her?? call her directly or send an email.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by TCF1980(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
How important are Freelancer exams to getting projects awarded? Can one be considered for a project without taking any of the exams?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2015
TCF1980:
How important are Freelancer exams to getting projects awarded? Can one be considered for a project without taking any of the exams?
Very important. Most employers require certain Exam level before you can bid on their project. If you don't have it. You can't bid. If you are into writing stuff for instance, the two most important Exam badges you must have are : US English-Level 1 and UK-English Level 1. I remember when i first started, a project that i could easily handle( essay on boko haram) requires one of those exams. And not having a deposit in my bank acct, being a weekend, made me lost out, not being able to bid. i mentioned it on this thread. Find a means to take those exams either with your reward credit or $5.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Paulscholari(m): 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
ladywriter:

Welcome on board. The proposed milestone is the amount you want the employer to deposit to freelancer for the project, to be released into your account when you complete the project. Normally, I set it at 100% of the project fee. This will ensure that the employer does not run away with your money after the project is completed. You can write "project completion" in the dotted lines. Paid to you is the amount you are willing to collect for the project. I will advise you to read the help section of the website. It will help you to learn more about the business. All the best!
na wa o... When i ask this same question Una no answer me this way o, Una say make I go check Google, Google con dey tell me different thing, me too con dey write different number on top milestone when i bid attimes sef I go write 3, 10, kai, the employer go just dey Laff, little wonder dey ran away with my work, na now I just dey understand wetin milestone means on freelancer.

Now I bid for a project the employer ask me to type 5000 data entry into his database for $100, If you see the list of instruction the guy give me on top am you go fear, if to say na before I go don dey do the work they sweat like Xmas goat on top am say my 100 dolls don dey com, na so i tell the Ed.iot make he set milestone, since then he no send me message again... Lot of fraudsters on freelancer especially those Asians, gosh they disgust me. Newcomers on freelancer beware, ask your employer to set a milestone before you do any job, I have learnt my lessons and now I know better to handle any employer and the project.. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by topsquino(m): 10:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol. the first mistake I made on freelancer was when one ASIAN id**t awarded me a project. As a tyro then, I was so ecstatic that I didn't even know when I clicked on ACCEPTED without requesting for milestone. This was a $20 project. After realizing the arduous task given to me by the IDI**T, I requested for milestone. And to my mortification, the guy told me he will pay me whenever HIS OGA AT THE TOP CONFIRMS MY PROJECT (PROBABLY A MONTH TIME AFTER I HAVE COMPLETED THE PROJECT, HE SAID). Of course, I demurred the the project, but the injury had been done: $5 was deducted from my account. Now, I usually think thrice before bidding on any ASIAN'S PROJECT. Ihey are looking for SLAVE WRITERS, not PROFESSIONAL WRITERS cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
slim49z:

Delivered. Did my best to deliver as soon as I got the details. Feedback needed. Thank you!

told u what happened
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Really been a while
cremeandchic:

told u what happened
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2015
topsquino:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol. the first mistake I made on freelancer was when one ASIAN id**t awarded me a project. As a tyro then, I was so ecstatic that I didn't even know when I clicked on ACCEPTED without requesting for milestone. This was a $20 project. After realizing the arduous task given to me by the IDI**T, I requested for milestone. And to my mortification, the guy told me he will pay me whenever HIS OGA AT THE TOP CONFIRMS MY PROJECT (PROBABLY A MONTH TIME AFTER I HAVE COMPLETED THE PROJECT, HE SAID). Of course, I demurred the the project, but the injury had been done: $5 was deducted from my account. Now, I usually think thrice before bidding on any ASIAN'S PROJECT. Ihey are looking for SLAVE WRITERS, not PROFESSIONAL WRITERS cool cool cool cool
I made the same mistake too. Your last statement is so true. It is because of one Ediot like that too that I closed my Nigerian account. Let me ask you something, when a milestone is created by the Employer, does that means a deposit is with freelancer.com just like Fiverr?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by jonaboy: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
twosquare:
I made the same mistake too. Your last statement is so true. It is because of one Ediot like that too that I closed my Nigerian account. Let me ask you something, when a milestone is created by the Employer, does that means a deposit is with freelancer.com just like Fiverr?
. Yes it means the employer has deposited the amount with freelancer and it would be released by the employer if he is satisfied with your work. Howevern if he is not satisfied he would open dispute and request for his money to be refunded. If on the other hand you did the job well and delivered and the employer refused to release the milestone you can also open a dispute against him and request for the milestone to be released to you. So in essence the milestone protects both the employer and employee.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
jonaboy:
.Yes it means the employer has deposited the amount with freelancer and it would be released by the employer if he is satisfied with your work. Howevern if he is not satisfied he would open dispute and request for his money to be refunded. If on the other hand you did the job well and delivered and the employer refused to release the milestone you can also open a dispute against him and request for the milestone to be released to you. So in essence the milestone protects both the employer and employee.
Thanks for the simplified explanation.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by twosquare(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
And to newbies who are yet to write exams. Freelancer.com is giving a mid year bonus. 50% cut from all exams fees...you will only have to pay $2 for each exams. Offers last till 30th 9pm Australian time.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
I tried to download freelancer app on Blackberry World and was told to pay $0.99. Has anyone downloaded it on Blackberry? Cos I am surprised why it isn't free like that of Google Play.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hisenjos, can I have your whatsapp number pls? We need to talk
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Dekatron(m): 12:06am On Jun 30, 2015
I have a question concerning the payoneer card. Does t mean that dont need to have a Nigerian account to withdraw from ATM?

In other words,must i have a Nigerian bank account before i can use the payoneer mastercard to withdraw cash from the ATM?? Replies needed ASAP
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Aida13: 3:17am On Jun 30, 2015
Dekatron:
I have a question concerning the payoneer card. Does t mean that dont need to have a Nigerian account to withdraw from ATM?

In other words,must i have a Nigerian bank account before i can use the payoneer mastercard to withdraw cash from the ATM?? Replies needed ASAP

You don't need any actual account. Just walk to any ATM and withdraw your cash in the local currency (Naira). Mind you, it seems only select banks have the facility of letting you withdraw with Payoneer. I know of Ecobank and Zenith, maybe GTB. But First Bank, Union and all those ones, tried them but they didn't work.

So basically all you need is a good atm machine and withdraw your money. Don't put your card in the machine unless you're sure there's money already loaded on it though.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Aida13: 3:24am On Jun 30, 2015
Paulscholari:
na wa o... When i ask this same question Una no answer me this way o, Una say make I go check Google, Google con dey tell me different thing, me too con dey write different number on top milestone when i bid attimes sef I go write 3, 10, kai, the employer go just dey Laff, little wonder dey ran away with my work, na now I just dey understand wetin milestone means on freelancer.

Now I bid for a project the employer ask me to type 5000 data entry into his database for $100, If you see the list of instruction the guy give me on top am you go fear, if to say na before I go don dey do the work they sweat like Xmas goat on top am say my 100 dolls don dey com, na so i tell the Ed.iot make he set milestone, since then he no send me message again... Lot of fraudsters on freelancer especially those Asians, gosh they disgust me. Newcomers on freelancer beware, ask your employer to set a milestone before you do any job, I have learnt my lessons and now I know better to handle any employer and the project.. Thanks.

topsquino:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These kinds of posts make me laugh and get angry at the same time...remembering how I used to hate those Asians even more than you guys...someone needs to start scamming them too...I wish I had time though grin grin to create a profile, and accept their projects and then just not do it grin grin they will wait days and weeks while I promise them it's almost ready. That way they will lose other workers that could have taken the job angry angry grin grin lol just kidding...but seriously, not kidding grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by hisenjos: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Chidinho10:
Hisenjos, can I have your whatsapp number pls? We need to talk

Contact me on whatsapp or send sms and I will call you back.
See signature for details

Lets buy your paypal funds from you. From $10 to $10,000. Immediate payment done. Attractive rates
Get your funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Leapviral etc to your Naira bank account pronto.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tranxo(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2015
hisenjos:

Contact me on whatsapp or send sms and I will call you back.
See signature for details

Lets buy your paypal funds from you. From $10 to $10,000. Immediate payment done. Attractive rates
Get your funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Leapviral etc to your Naira bank account pronto.
what's your exchange rate
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by hisenjos: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2015
tranxo:
what's your exchange rate

Contact us on whatsapp.
See my signature

https://www.nairaland.com/2359218/welcome-hisenjos-paypal-nairaland-customer#34523002
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Ask4delaw(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
Debeloved87:
who will like to handle this.

let me handle that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.