Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? (1058 Views)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Security operatives in Cameroon have rescued wife of Vice Prime Minister Amadou Ali who was kidnapped by the Boko Haram sect on Sunday along with a traditional ruler of Kolofata town, reports BBC Hausa Service.

The reports say that 16 people lost their lives in the rescue operations, although Cameroon information minister Issa Tchiroma Bakary said government was still investigating the matter to ascertain the actual number of people killed.

Cameroonian court sentenced 14 members of the sect to 20 years imprisonment after they were arrested with weapons in March around Marwa in northern Cameroon, says the BBC Hausa report.

I am not doubting the fact that the lady was kidnapped and she has been freed now but is there something the Cameroonian government isn't telling us? The whole thing seem like a movie to me. If the Cameroonian government or France paid ransom to this evil sect they should just spit it out. Nigerians deserves to know what is happening cause we would be at the receiving end. Boko haram main target isn't France nor Cameroon. It is Nigeria! Whatever they did to "Bring back their wife" it definitely isn't by military intervention. Enough of the fairy tales! A military intervention would have put the life of the woman at risk. Boko haram wouldn't want to give up easily, they would have kill her at the spot if the Cameronian military dare raise a finger. We are dealing with people who can readily lay down their lifes not with cartoons for God sake!

It is no more news that boko haram is among the top ten richest terrorist groups in the world. More money means more weapons and sophisticated technology that would probably be tested on Nigerians. Just last year a French family was kidnapped by the dreaded terrorist sect. It was reported by the BBC that boko haram was paid $3m before releasing the family. The French and Cameroonians deny paying any ransom to Boko haram and the kidnapped families aren't rich enough to pay that amount so who did? Who gave them the money? Read more about it here;
Islamist militant group Boko Haram was paid more than $3m (£2m) before releasing a French family of seven, a Nigerian government report says. The confidential report, seen by Reuters news agency, does not say who paid the money. Both France and Cameroon deny paying a ransom while Nigeria has not commented on the issue.

The French family, including four children, were captured in Cameroon in February and freed last week. The were handed over to the Cameroon authorities last Thursday. The Nigerian report also says that Cameroon freed some Boko Haram detainees as part of the deal, according to Reuters.

If confirmed, transfer of such a significant amount of money given to Boko Haram could serve to strengthen the firepower of the group, the BBC's Will Ross in Lagos reports. Over the past week, violence in northern Nigeria has escalated as suspected members of Boko
Haram have targeted the army and police. Reports say more than 200 civilians have died in the violence. While the army is unable to prevent such attacks,
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed a committee to prepare the ground for offering an amnesty to the militants, our correspondent says.
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-22320077

After the payment. Boko haram grew stronger. They now have tanks, grenade launchers and lot of cars! They grew to an extent that a Nigerian politician said they are more equipped than our army. It isn't bad for these countries to pay ransom to free their citizens but they shouldn't just rush out without telling the potential victims. These two countries(And probably our government also) should stop being secretive while innocent civilians in Nigeria especially are paying the price.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Noah13: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Some certain things just can't be explained
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by DankemzI(m): 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
You have a point up there O.P!

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by jking001(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Right thinking bro.
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by ggrin(f): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Food for thought..
Hmmmmm
Make I chop this ekpa finish sha

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Piroo: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Op, you are on point
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin
Noah13: Some certain things just can't be explained
grin Ogar why the murdering of english, u said "some" must u add "other" bros they both mean the same thing o!
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Noah13: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
mikedaniel76gmailcom: grin grin Ogar why the murdering of english, u said "some" must u add "other" bros they both mean the same thing o!
na wetin u dey yan?
Did i even use the word 'other'?
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by ITbomb(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
America said that they have insignificant trace of monetary transaction involving Boko Haram in the financial system, the most probably source of funding is kidnapping and ransom.

Something even tells me that those APCs are actually stolen from the Cameroun army
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Idrismusty97(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
ITbomb: America said that they have insignificant trace of monetary transaction involving Boko Haram in the financial system, the most probably source of funding is kidnapping and ransom.

Something even tells me that those APCs are actually stolen from the Cameroun army
Yea kidnapping and ransom could be one of their crucial source of funding. Yet! The countries involved in this act would deny as if the money came from thin air. There are lot of things they are still hiding from us.
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Only fools will praise you, what actually do you know about Cameroon and what does France have to do with this?
So a ransom is paid and 16 soldiers are killed? Do you know I lost a friend in that rescue? Olodo I guess his death was staged
Furthermore before playing the Jack Bauer get to know the whole story

The military went right after them, and they weren't able to flee back in Nigeria or cross the border, that's what made the rescue easier. No need to add that she was kidnapped for money, so killing her was not an option

You can look up.Cameroon military deployment and actions about boko on YouTube instead of gossiping like a sex starved or frustrated woman
This your Fran' fairy tales are becoming boring, I don't know maybe, Nigeria/Nigerians were given a menu where they choose to b invaded by Britain and to speak English, unfortunately here we didn't but one thing I know and can b verified, there are no French troops or military bases in Cameroon. Quit hating
And speak out when france is recolonizing the whole west Africa ooops I forgot in most of their missions they are backed by Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Two weeks ago France sent over 3000 troops in West Africa , what do you think they are going to do there? Lol funny dude trust me if Paul Biya/Cameroon was anti Nigeria , Nigeria would b a thing of the past by now
Your only ally here is Us unfortunately most of you still have your feelings hurt by bakassi and can't see beyond your nose

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Two weeks ago France sent over 3000 troops in West Africa , what do you think they are going to do there? Lol funny dude trust me if Paul Biya/Cameroon was anti Nigeria , Nigeria would b a thing of the past by now
Your only ally here is Us unfortunately most of you still have your feelings hurt by bakassi and can't see beyond your nose
if you know nothing about what's going on why don't you just keep your fingers in your pocket instead of posting trash, the moment i heard she was kidnapped i knew this was what would happen. do you think bh fighters are as dumb as you're presenting them? if they risked everything to capture her then they'll probably not keep her anywhere away from their safest camp. the camerounians have definitely paid ransom for her release. we all know this, we're not dumbos!! they're helping our enemies and we know it!!

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: if you know nothing about what's going on why don't you just keep your fingers in your pocket instead of posting trash, the moment i heard she was kidnapped i knew this was what would happen. do you think bh fighters are as dumb as you're presenting them? if they risked everything to capture her then they'll probably not keep her anywhere away from their safest camp. the camerounians have definitely paid ransom for her release. we all know this, we're not dumbos!! they're helping our enemies and we know it!!

Where in the world ransom are paid and 16 people killed? What do you smoke dummy?
Have ever been a warfare situation? So you are trapped by the army , they are firing at you in your escape, the first thing you do is to kill your only asset? shocked too much Hollywood is sinking your brain

Where in the world a ransom is paid less than 48h after the attack? Moronic bastard get yourself a brain, you are only disappointed or frustrated that the CA has more success than the NA .period

A ransom is something you negotiate and it takes time furthermore if Cameroon wants to give money to BH we don't need to stage kidnappings, as incompetent Nigeria can't and doesn't not monitor us here

So go spew your fairy tales elsewhere
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Where in the world ransom are paid and 16 people killed? What do you smoke dummy?
Have ever been a warfare situation? So you are trapped by the army , they are firing at you in your escape, the first thing you do is to kill your only asset? shocked too much Hollywood is sinking your brain

Where in the world a ransom is paid less than 48h after the attack? Moronic bastard get yourself a brain, you are only disappointed or frustrated that the CA has more success than the NA .period

A ransom is something you negotiate and it takes time furthermore if Cameroon wants to give money to BH we don't need to stage kidnappings, as incompetent Nigeria can't and doesn't not monitor us here

So go spew your fairy tales elsewhere
have you ever heard of a high profiled individual who was kidnapped without blood being shed?? maybe you're the one who needs to buy a brain. if they really rescued her then why is there no detailed report of how the rescue operation went?

1 Like

Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: have you ever heard of a high profiled individual who was kidnapped without blood being shed?? maybe you're the one who needs to buy a brain. if they really rescued her then why is there no detailed report of how the rescue operation went?

What happened in baga*
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
16 persons were killed not 16 soldiers don't just make silly conclusions. and stop that silly talk about your friend being killed in the operation, it's too abstract try a better lie. .
because the bh menace has not been stopped does not mean we're doing nothing. you definitely don't understand the difference between how they work in the two countries. they are based in nigeria and have assist and help from some citizens while in cameroun they just continuously raid villages freely. your country is not their main objective. if they have 100 men there then they have a million combatants and informants here. whatever they do in cameroun is un enlarge their store house and nothing else. they've raided villages before now and continue raiding but never use bombs there because you're just for financial support alone.
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
have you ever wondered why they kidnapped the chibok girls? it was because they wanted the nigerian government to negociate with them fortunately our president was not that dumb. why do you think they kidnapped her? just because they felt like kidnapping her? hell no! they did it because they wanted something in exchange. you have no idea about how these people work so just put your fingers in your pocket instead of typing trash.
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: have you ever wondered why they kidnapped the chibok girls? it was because they wanted the nigerian government to negociate with them fortunately our president was not that dumb. why do you think they kidnapped her? just because they felt like kidnapping her? hell no! they did it because they wanted something in exchange. you have no idea about how these people work so just put your fingers in your pocket instead of typing trash.

Ever heard of failed operation? Who is this olodo ? Go play with your mates in the sand/park
Shekau said through a video that he will sell the girls, the kidnapping of those poor Lil girls was not to make your presido to negotiate anything , as they(bh) have said it plenty of times they don't want any negotiation, they even rejected your amnesty that your dumbo presido offered

If I curse you eihn , so I made up a lie about a friend who died during the rescue mission? Don't really know what I should call you

Back to the point, okay they are after Nigeria, we expected you to b more ready then, unfortunately that's not the case, bombings all over the country, kidnappings etc
Don't you come from that country where a whole officer lied to the world that he knows where the girls are ? Is that your definition of competence?

What is the NA really doing? Is either you provide proofs and evidences or shut the fck up while others are working, stepping up to provide security in and a safe heaven in the sub region do you know how many Nigerians and centra Africans cross the borders everyday? We are being choked left and right by unstable country, and instead of cheering that at least one thing is working you are here cooking up anti Cameroon propaganda ......
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: 16 persons were killed not 16 soldiers don't just make silly conclusions. and stop that silly talk about your friend being killed in the operation, it's too abstract try a better lie. .
because the bh menace has not been stopped does not mean we're doing nothing. you definitely don't understand the difference between how they work in the two countries. they are based in nigeria and have assist and help from some citizens while in cameroun they just continuously raid villages freely. your country is not their main objective. if they have 100 men there then they have a million combatants and informants here. whatever they do in cameroun is un enlarge their store house and nothing else. they've raided villages before now and continue raiding but never use bombs there because you're just for financial support alone.

Look at this one? Were we not made to believe by high ranked officials in Nigeria and lowlife moffos , that Cameroon was a safe haven for boko and the attacks on the Nigerian soil were all from scapegoat Cameroon, now that our army and country is doing the work, we are now made to believe, that the bulk of BH is in Nigeria Lmaoo
You are the one who should shut up, I dignified you enough but you ain't up to the challenge, you have no knowledge about military operations, Cameroon, and even bh which is causing mayhem and havocs inn your country, threatening the peace and stability of the whole region. Instead of working for solutions you are busy displaying your crab mentality

Let's see if another general will dare call us the weakest link in the region, since everything bad happening in Nigeria is Cameroon's fault, you people should get over bakassi and your France mumbo jumbo, as the so called france has more investments in Nigeria than the whole west africa combined , furthermore they always enjoy full support from the NA &_NG to carry the neo imperialist missions e..g ivory coast, mali, Niger etc
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Look at this one? Were we not made to believe by high ranked officials in Nigeria and lowlife moffos , that Cameroon was a safe haven for boko, now that our army and country is doing the work, we are now made to believe, that the bulk of BH is in Nigeria Lmaoo
You are the one who should shut up, I dignified you enough but you ain't up to the challenge, Cameroon, and even bh which is causing mayhem and havocs inn your country, threatening the peace and stability of the whole region. Instead of working for solutions you are busy displaying your crab mentality
Let's see if another general will dare call us the weakest link in the region, since everything bad happening in Nigeria is Cameroon's fault, you people should get over bakassi and your France mumbo jumbo, as the so called france has more invest
i wanted to reply this post but i didn't see any point in it.when you quote me talk on my point not off the point,okay? quote that my post again, thanks#
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: i wanted to reply this post but i didn't see any point in it.when you quote me talk on my point not off the point,okay? quote that my post again, thanks#

the point is your Army is incompetent
And you should stop looking for scapegoats, esp blaming Cameroon for everything

Get to know us first before judging us

A good start will b to recruit more troops as the NA basically lacks personals compared to smaller & less populated countries

I always forget It's not with everyone one Must argue, too bad for me cry
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Look at this one? Were we not made to believe by high ranked officials in Nigeria and lowlife moffos , that Cameroon was a safe haven for boko and the attacks on the Nigerian soil were all from scapegoat Cameroon, now that our army and country is doing the work, we are now made to believe, that the bulk of BH is in Nigeria
You are the one who should shut up,you have no knowledge about military operations, Cameroon, and even bh which is causing mayhem and havocs inn your country, threatening the peace and stability of the whole region. Instead of working for solutions you are busy displaying your crab mentality
i hope i'm not debating with a highschool kid because you're beginning to sound like one.
bh wanted to exchange the girls for their arrested members and d FG refused unlike cameroun(OP). bh got their weapons from CAR how else did they get there if not through camerounian lands? and why re you claiming to be a cameronian and you still speak pidgin english?
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
the point is your Army is incompetent
And you should stop looking for scapegoats, esp blaming Cameroon for everything
Get to know us first before judging us
A good start will b to recruit more troops as the NA basically lacks personals compared to smaller & less populated countries
I always forget It's not with everyone one Must argue, too bad for me cry
do you know nigeria has the 4th largest land force in the africa?? nigeria contributes the largest peace keeping military men support from africa to regions torn apart by war in africa. What We Need Is Not More Personnel But Adequate TrainIng And More Weapons. Your Not Knowing This Is Making Me Even Take You For A Kid The More. you have no idea about how these bh guys work so just shut up or ask me to explain it to you!!!
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: i hope i'm not debating with a highschool kid because you're beginning to sound like one.
bh wanted to exchange the girls for their arrested members and d FG refused unlike cameroun(OP). bh got their weapons from CAR how else did they get there if not through camerounian lands? and why re you claiming to be a cameronian and you still speak pidgin english?

Id1ot Cameroon is a bilingual country

Oh please spare me , militants is not ransom as we speak the girls are being used as suicide bombers sef

Olodo first class, so smuggling started with bh abi ? If indeed we were working with boko we wouldn't need to take weapons from CAR, and if there are weapons there blame France, the same France which is circling you guys up in West africa while you are busy pointing fingers on your favorite scapegoat , I repeat Cameroon is probably the most anti France country in the world, how I wish you understood French ...that's why I find funny when some uneducated fools try to link anything good here with France, tufiakwa
If Cameroon was anti Nigeria and pro France Nigeria would b history by now, no need to remind you that even during the civil war we saved the unity of your country so you owe us, and that's was us against French, that's why Gabon was used to smuggle weapons, we said No ...so keep alienating your only hope in the region
While they are milirarizing chad, burkina, Niger, Benin , Togo, Mali , and Ivory coast Oooops I always forget, Nigeria backed them up
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Id1ot Cameroon is a bilingual country

Oh please spare me , militants is not ransom as we speak the girls are being used as suicide bombers sef

Olodo first class, so smuggling started with bh abi ? If indeed we were working with boko we wouldn't need to take weapons from CAR, and if there are weapons there blame France, the same France which is circling you guys up in West africa while you are busy pointing fingers on your favorite scapegoat , I repeat Cameroon is probably the most anti France country in the world, how I wish you understood French ...that's why I find funny when some uneducated fools try to link anything good here with France, tufiakwa
If Cameroon was anti Nigeria and pro France Nigeria would b history by now, no need to remind you that even during the civil war we saved the unity of your country so you owe us,
when you're ready to make comments relating to the topic and not this france trash then quote me again. kid.
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: do you know nigeria has the 4th largest land force in the WORLD?? nigeria contributes the largest peace keeping military men support from africa to regions torn apart by war in africa. What We Need Is Not More Personnel But Adequate TrainIng And More Weapons. Your Not Knowing This Is Making Me Even Take You For A Kid The More. you have no idea about how these bh guys work so just shut up or ask me to explain it to you!!!

Very funny dude , you don't need more soldiers? Eh eh
Do you even know the size of Israel?
The size of Greece? Yet they both had more soldiers with the former having a mandatory military formation

Olodo, one thing does not exclude the other, adequate training and modern weapons are needed, but you still need more, or else we will always witness what we are seeing, go ask the Chinese to have 90.000 soldiers for their territory and population, they will laugh at your sorry azz

Btw, Nigeria doesn't have the 4th largest land force in the world, where did you get your cooked up ranking?

Where do you place China? India? USA ? Russia? Pakistan ?
Go play in the park kid
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elliotwiz1: when you're ready to make comments relating to the topic and not this france trash then quote me again. kid.

Maybe you should read the title of the topic one more time
Ewu , first class Olodo
Re: Is The Cameroonian And France Government Hiding Something From Us? by Helghast: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
I'm not surprised by this thread, Nigerians tend to blame everyone else for their misfortunes instead of taking responsibility, accepting the situation as it is and working towards finding a solution to the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Miraculously Diverted Terrorist Rocket In Israel / America Is Now Fighting A Proxy War With Itself In Syria / Theresa Mary May Is The New Prime Minister Of United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.