Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. (56759 Views)

Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / APC In Kwara, Lagos Clash Over Call For Sanctions Against Saraki, Dogara / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:43am On Jul 30, 2014
shymexx:

Acceptance is acceptable on the surface, but that hasn't reduced how a lot of folks are still homophobic. Also, if people still don't have a problem with it, I honestly don't think they should have a problem with sharing dressing rooms with gay teammates, as long they don't cross the line. However, that isn't the case.

Anyway, it's even about not legalising homosexuality right now - it's about asking if it's going to solve any of the numerous problems plaguing the continent. What's homosexuality going to help solve on the continent? - absolutely nothing. However, projecting it as something cool will create more problems. If Africa decides to accept a thriving LGBT community - who's going to pay for fixing the epidemic that comes with it? You have got a continent that's barely functioning, yet you want them to add other problems to it. Africa isn't the west - Africa in current state is where the west was about hundred years ago. So why can't you lot allow normal progression?

Homosexuality just exists and it's as old as man and it's found in nature even among several animal species. It's just a natural entity if far less rare than heterosexuality. It's not a solution to any problem. Neither is it really a problem. It doesn't stop non-homosexuals living their lives as they please. Asking that they be allowed to live peacefully without persecution doesn't mean they're "projecting" anything. Some people have philosophical grounds for rejecting homosexuality but majority who do are often religious nut jobs with their twisted versions of morality. As for normal progression, imprisoning and lynching homosexuals isn't "normal" progression. It's barbarism that belongs in another century.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:50am On Jul 30, 2014
favouryemmy: I am married and sleep with my wife regularly. A man can NEVER EVER give me the kind of satisfaction I get from my wife. I wonder why some people will wake up one day and decide they want to be sleeping with a member of their own sex. Tufiakwa, ihere mee ekwensu!
You sleep with your wife cos you gain pleasure from women. You did not choose to like women. You were just born and have a natural inclination towards women. Not everyone is as "lucky" as you. Which is why you should preach less based on your personal moral code. If you did not make a choice between sleeping with women and men, then you can'tbe judging those who are different from you. Some men like you, no matter how hard they try, cannot be stimulated sexually by a woman. They can't force themselves to be aroused by women. You're either aroused by women or not. For many people, it's not a choice. It's a feeling.

3 Likes

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 30, 2014
If someone can convince me that adult inc..est is fine and should be legal (since it is between two adults and is none of my business), then I would be okay with homosexuality being legal as well.

FYI - Adult Ince...st is a much more common phenomenon than people think.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:28am On Jul 30, 2014
chulla12: If someone can convince me that adult inc..est is fine and should be legal (since it is between two adults and is none of my business), then I would be okay with homosexuality being legal as well.

FYI - Adult Ince...st is a much more common phenomenon than people think.

You don't have to be "okay" with it. It's not a question of approval but one of tolerance. No one is asking you to give your blessing to gay couples. In any case, if my neighbours who are siblings that live together happen to screw the hell out of each other, I can't for the life of me see why I should give a damn. Except one of them was an adult abusing a minor. Incest is illegal in many countries but if between adults most of those countries do not criminalize it. According to USlegal, incest laws aim to protect minors and prevent harmful genetic mutations passed on from inbreeding. They are not passed due to people's hazy definitions of morality.

2 Likes

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by jookco(m): 2:29am On Jul 30, 2014
inteli: The idle mine is the devil's workshop.Bunch of disgruntle elements! angry
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Truckpusher(m): 2:36am On Jul 30, 2014
A toothless US that has lost credibility and lots of respect in the last three decades are popping out fangs for a third world country. undecided

Once the community bully begins to issue threats to weaker men over trivial issues in the same community then his demise is near. tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Truckpusher(m): 2:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You sleep with your wife cos you gain pleasure from women. You did not choose to like women. You were just born and have a natural inclination towards women. Not everyone is as "lucky" as you. Which is why you should preach less based on your personal moral code. If you did not make a choice between sleeping with women and men, then you can'tbe judging those who are different from you. Some men like you, no matter how hard they try, cannot be stimulated sexually by a woman. They can't force themselves to be aroused by women. You're either aroused by women or not. For many people, it's not a choice. It's a feeling.
How did you guys kill your sense of morality? ......or is this just another herd mentality?
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by darne(m): 3:00am On Jul 30, 2014
Hehehe Almighty Yankee wetn happn nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 30, 2014
So if your two adult children came to you to profess their love and intent to marry each other, you would "tolerate" this, right?

Bullshytedetectormodeactivated# grin

Obi1kenobi:

You don't have to be "okay" with it. It's not a question of approval but one of tolerance. No one is asking you to give your blessing to gay couples. In any case, if my neighbours who are siblings that live together happen to screw the hell out of each other, I can't for the life of me see why I should give a damn. Except one of them was an adult abusing a minor. Incest is illegal in many countries but if between adults most of those countries do not criminalize it. According to USlegal, incest laws aim to protect minors and prevent harmful genetic mutations passed on from inbreeding. They are not passed due to people's hazy definitions of morality.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 30, 2014
coogar:

america can fück off.....
we will sell our crude oil elsewhere. who the fück are the yanks to determine how people choose to live their lives. there's massive poverty & disease outbreak, they aren't urging obama to pump food & health facilities to nigeria.

chibok girls have been missing for 100+ days, they didn't urge obama to send his delta force teams and rescue them but they want to turn mother nigeria into a faggöt country? obama & his fellow citizens must be high on pübic hair. this is exactly the reason boko haram have sympathisers.

This cooger boy is a genius!
You last statement was so on point. Hypocricy attitude of USA is exactly the reason why Boko haram have many sympathizers here in the north. Am just surprise how you got to know this fact when you ain't Living in the north. An average Muslim northener hate America and anything has to do with them

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:19am On Jul 30, 2014
chulla12: So if your two adult children came to you to profess their love and intent to marry each other, you would "tolerate" this, right?

Bullshytedetectormodeactivated# grin

Of course I wouldn't. They're not ordinary citizens. They're my own family so it registers on a personal level. It's like comparing my wife sleeping with my brother to 2 strangers on the street sleeping together. Afterall, both scenarios are legally tolerated. Doesn't mean both register with me in the same emotional way. I've made too many garbage comparisons between homosexuality and in.cest, necrophilila, bestiality and other crap and I don't want to get into another pointless cycle for the millionth time.

Take the case on its own merits without any bullsheite comparisons. How the phuck does a homosexual's life affect you in ANY way at all?

2 Likes

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Truckpusher: How did you guys kill your sense of morality? ......or is this just another herd mentality?

Considering people like me are clearly a small minority here, I'd suggest the herd mentality is coming from you. And no, my moral compass is a very healthy one. I just rank a whole lot of things as higher on my spectrum of outrage than a couple of homosexuals. Corruption in government and among citizens matters a lot more to me. Nigerians who cheat in their exams and just about anything they do matters a lot more to me. Competence in running the government, and developing the community matters a lot more to me. Insecurity in the country matters a lot more to me. I have less respect for people who cheat in exams than homosexuals. Yet, people who are probably cheats in most things they do in life are likely to also condemn homos as if they're morally better. Whatever sex.ual orientation or whatever the hell people do in their bedrooms means little to me. I'd rather live in a street filled with homosexuals if I can see 24-hour power supply, drive on good roads with less traffic and basically everything works.

The fact you're a heterosexual doesn't make you more moral than homosexuals. Don't deceive yourself. I'm not better than homos just because I'm not one. Afterall, I didn't choose to be heterosexual. It just comes naturally to me and it's not something to brag and feel superior about. It's like a right-handed person feeling superior to a lefthanded person. That's what people like you don't understand. You are not moral just because you're like the 97% of other human beings who are heterosexual. You're just part of a big crowd following your natural instincts. If you have overcome homosexual feelings to choose heterosexuality, then you may have a point. Else, you're just preaching nonsense. Being naturally heterosexual doesn't give you a right to lecture homosexuals about morality. Morality comes from making choices and you didn't make any choice.

3 Likes

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
Of course I wouldn't. They're not ordinary citizens. They're my own family so it registers on a personal level. It's like comparing my wife sleeping with another man to 2 strangers on the street sleeping together. Afterall, both scenarios are legally tolerated. Doesn't mean both register with me in the same emotional way. I've made too many garbage comparisons between homosexuality and in.cest, necrophilila, bestiality and other crap and I don't want to get into another pointless cycle for the millionth time.
Take the case on its own merits without any bullsheite comparisons. How the phuck does a homosexual's life affect you in ANY way at all?

Generally what two homosexuals do in their rooms do not affect me - what bothers me however is when there is constant positive propaganda regarding the lifestyle which eventually influences everyone who swallows it, hook line and sinker.

Most people (on some level) fear that encouraging such WILL eventually hit close to home via their children.

I'm glad you conceded to the bolded, giving away your own personal moral limits. Imagine a future where adult incest is legal and positively promoted even to impressionable generations of children until it ultimately affects your home, hitting you where it hurts. What next? You can imagine this is the case for homosexuality in western countries, which is a discomfort for those with more conservative views than you. Laws are laws for a reason, whether you are affected or someone else is.

Maybe punitive stances against adult homosexuality and adult incest is too far but I believe that positive reinforcement of these activities should be discouraged. Society should learn to frown on such activities instead....no "normalization" of such unions (although they can be permitted).

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by pumppin(m): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Americans should mind their business and stop inposing laws on africa as a whole,nigeria is an independent country.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 30, 2014
____
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:12am On Jul 30, 2014
chulla12:

Generally what two homosexuals do in their rooms do not affect me - what bothers me however is when there is constant positive propaganda regarding the lifestyle which eventually influences everyone who swallows it, hook line and sinker.

Most people (on some level) fear that encouraging such WILL eventually hit close to home via their children.

I'm glad you conceded to the bolded, giving away your own personal moral limits. Imagine a future where adult incest is legal and positively promoted even to impressionable generations of children until it ultimately affects your home, hitting you where it hurts. What next? You can imagine this is the case for homosexuality in western countries, which is a discomfort for those with more conservative views than you. Laws are laws for a reason, whether you are affected or someone else is.

Maybe punitive stances against adult homosexuality and adult incest is too far but I believe that positive reinforcement of these activities should be discouraged. Society should learn to frown on such activities instead....no "normalization" of such unions (although they can be permitted).
You last paragraph encapsulates my thoughts. I'm not a supporter of homosexuality as that would mean an endorsement of the practice but I'm a supporter of their rights to be who they are without persecution. I don't know why or how they became homosexual so I can't be judging them for it. I'm also a believer they shouldn't be accorded marriage rights, but banning gay associations and prosecution of gays is overstepping the limit of what is just.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by activatenigeria: 4:27am On Jul 30, 2014
pass
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by homeboy232(m): 4:49am On Jul 30, 2014
lol....Americans are jokers, let them start now, cancel the so called slavery visa lottery, let them go ahead and sanction nigeria, they cannot, because if they do, nigeria will join BRICKS NATION along with RUSSIA...they cannot because they know the implications...those senators are just ranting, jonathan knows vividly that American cannot do nothing that is the reason why he insist...they destroy libya, ukraine, syria iraq..all this countries are peaceful until when American/NATO came in and distabilize everything..if they are that powerful, i am still waiting for them to attack Russia, the only thing they can do is propaganda media war...let them attack RUssia if they have mind....
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fr3do(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2014
masonkz:

Now this is OUT-RIGHTLY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! What you don't know, please ask, or observe!

You seriously think effeminate guys were taught to be so? or were socially adjusted to be so?

For your information, effeminate men in Nigeria would do whatever it takes to be seen as a "normal" man!

I said 'thought', a tense of think
Relax and understand.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fightforchange1(f): 6:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Right
On!!!! :-)
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fightforchange1(f): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Homos
Are
Merely
A
Target ....
Wow.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fightforchange1(f): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2014
They
Are
A
Target
For
Hatred
N
Violence
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 30, 2014
-
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by ddeola: 6:30am On Jul 30, 2014
They should focus on America's problems first instead of seeking to impose some strange stuff on other countries. Many a mad but few are roaming...

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 6:37am On Jul 30, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
Of course I wouldn't. They're not ordinary citizens. They're my own family so it registers on a personal level. It's like comparing my wife sleeping with my brother to 2 strangers on the street sleeping together. Afterall, both scenarios are legally tolerated. Doesn't mean both register with me in the same emotional way. I've made too many garbage comparisons between homosexuality and in.cest, necrophilila, bestiality and other crap and I don't want to get into another pointless cycle for the millionth time.

Everything is right with the world!

So, there's an Ibo who can think. I would have considered encountering an Ibo of your intellectual persuasion on this forum a myth if I had not followed the arguments here with acute patience (nah, those irredeemable foools who like to insult other tribes while wearing their own tribe as a badge should be rounded up and shot: they are doing the reasonable ones amongst you an injustice).

The remark above, of course, has nothing to do with the rightness or otherwise of homosexuality.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2014
As a south African,I rather thank the Tanzanians or Zambians for their active role during apartheid in SA,if I may ask you ...how did Nigeria save us?what active role did your country play?...there are many African countries that play crucial roles , are not making noise about it surprisingly a country that paid school fees for a certain connected individual is claiming the glory ..there is no important country,all African countries are equal, if your country wants to be seen as important than the rest,lead by example and stop looking down on other people as you also have nothing special to show,empty tin...

fairheven:
Which country is more important to US in Africa than Nigeria,regardless of wateva challenge we are facing-who doesn't have challenges?south African?...is not a full blooded African country and they shud be more grateful to us for saving them from apartheid,Egypt?...is more Arab than African,so as difficult as it is for you to swallow,nigerian is still the champion of black race.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by FILUX(m): 7:45am On Jul 30, 2014
This are d leaders of sons & daughters of sodom & gomorrah. Now dey wnt nigeria to join dem in Gods curse ROMANS1:18-32.It is clear God will destroy ths world as we kno it by fire 2PETER3:10 call it global warming. I advice all to stay pure in christ
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2014
They want to depopulate Africa with homosexuality and AIDS
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fairheven: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2014
t2luv1:

Wrong. I used to think along the same line before. Right now the way Americans look at West Africa Ghana and Liberia are more important strategy wise. Liberia because of historically ties between the two countries. Ghana because of their political maturity. Forget about oil that doesn't figure anymore into US calculation. US is going to be net exporter in about 3 yrs.
You are totally wrong sir.how on earth can u compare those countries,who on themselves owe their existence partly to Nigeria...do u know how many nigerian business men that run Ghana's economy?cud Liberia have survived civil war without Nigeria? There are several American companies that r seeking enroute into Africa,and Nigeria is the first point of call;as a business man will u ignore 170million potential customers and go for 20million or 5million(as in the case of ghana an Liberia)?so they actually need us more than we need them
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by favouryemmy: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2014
Obi1kenobi:

It's natural for men to be aroused sexually by women and vice versa. Anything short of that is not natural and is as a result of other factors. And those factors are usually man-made.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by OXYGEN01: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2014
fairheven:
You are totally wrong sir.how on earth can u compare those countries,who on themselves owe their existence partly to Nigeria...do u know how many nigerian business men that run Ghana's economy?cud Liberia have survived civil war without Nigeria? There are several American companies that r seeking enroute into Africa,and Nigeria is the first point of call;as a business man will u ignore 170million potential customers and go for 20million or 5million(as in the case of ghana an Liberia)?so they actually need us more than we need them
Mumugerians business men running Ghana's economy? When will u people be sensible and start making sense a lil.Having few companies in a particular country means you running that country? nigerian companies are not even recognized in Ghana .They can't even run a small village in Ghana.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by fairheven: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2014
EroZA: As a south African,I rather thank the Tanzanians or Zambians for their active role during apartheid in SA,if I may ask you ...how did Nigeria save us?what active role did your country play?...there are many African countries that play crucial roles , are not making noise about it surprisingly a country that paid school fees for a certain connected individual is claiming the glory ..there is no important country,all African countries are equal, if your country wants to be seen as important than the rest,lead by example and stop looking down on other people as you also have nothing special to show,empty tin...

U don't bite the finger that fed u.those whu forget history will become history!you must be a baby to say wt u just said.,or ur memory is blurred.ur former president,Thabo imbeki was a refugee in Nigeria! During apartthied,go and ask your father in case u r a kid,Nigeria government provided arms an financial support to ANC.Zimbabwe that only got liberated in 1980,how cu they have been of help to u,how can a naked man offer clothing?u must be a baby! the blacks in ur country are still slaves to their white-masters,an u r talking,go liberate ursef first an gbem u can argue with me.bye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo’s Flaunting Of Weapons Highlights Inequality Before Nigeria’s Law / Buhari Danced In Ibadan! (video) / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.