Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. (56723 Views)

Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / APC In Kwara, Lagos Clash Over Call For Sanctions Against Saraki, Dogara / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
Idrismusty97: We actually need sanctions. It would make us wiser, self sufficient and less dependent on these bleeping Western countries. With the rise of China we can easily look East! They won't dare place sanctions on us or they would lose the biggest black nation as an ally. The rest of the Africa countries would definitely follow our steps.

I soley agree with you
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 31, 2014
If obama supports this gay pple

Let him come and nyash jonathan ass

And let michelle come nack patience

And let obama daughters come nack weird mc

Then we can talk till then make dem shut up!!!!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
You know absolutely nothing about homosexuality, so stop the confident display of ignorance. You do not exist in the minds of homosexuals to know their driving impulses and you're no psychologist or psychiatrist either. So why make silly assertions that you can't back up. Once again, did you choose to be heterosexual? If your sexuality was not a choice, then how do you come about claiming homosexuality is "usually" a choice or that it's man made? What does it mean for homosexuality to be man-made?

GAY ALERT

MAKE i go wear my mental pants

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 31, 2014
coogar:

who was our leader when gadaffi's country was bombarded? Jonathan! i can write everything jonathan knows about governance on a grain of rice. i have seen more intelligent donkeys in bethlehem. he's so weak-minded & possess no iota of gift of foresight.

gadaffi was going to put africa on the global stage with a unifying currency that would be used to buy our oil & other vast resources we export. the higher the demand of this currency, the less potent the dollar shall become. america saw this brilliant plan & they used figure headed bastärds like Jonathan to enter libya & kill gadaffi.

africa will never ever get rid of poverty.
You are uneducated element! How a rebel that couldn't manage his people going to put the continent on global stage is still a challenge to me. That is a joke. Stop using that illicit drug.

3 Likes

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Dibiachukwu: 3:26am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Amen

BluIvy:

please do not waste your time on that clueless monkey. Don't you know that Nigerians have not records of history they make up stories as they go and want people to believe them. They never had Thabo Mbeki as a refugee he only passed through there. When Mandela died they also claimed he went there for over a year which the ANC laughed at and made a joke about it.

You see Nigeria refused to help the ANC with arms and training grounds during those times but later donated funds for those in exiles and chose to put pressure like all the countries through the UN. they never did anything extra ordinary like, Libya, Cuba, Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique!Botswana, Russia,
They are just opportunist. Did you see them being given any platform to show gratitude like the other countries received? Please do not be bothered by such rubbish.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2014
EroZA: Amen

If I say you're very original in your stupidity, will I have said too much?

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
Of course I wouldn't. They're not ordinary citizens. They're my own family so it registers on a personal level. It's like comparing my wife sleeping with my brother to 2 strangers on the street sleeping together. Afterall, both scenarios are legally tolerated. Doesn't mean both register with me in the same emotional way. I've made too many garbage comparisons between homosexuality and in.cest, necrophilila, bestiality and other crap and I don't want to get into another pointless cycle for the millionth time.

Take the case on its own merits without any bullsheite comparisons. How the phuck does a homosexual's life affect you in ANY way at all?

Ditto that, Jedi.
Very well reasoned, succinct responses!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by simdam500(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2014
Nigeria makes them high and wanna cum cry

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
too little...stand on top of your roof and scream louder

phabulux:

If I say you're very original in your stupidity, will I have said too much?
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2014
EroZA: too little...stand on top of your roof and scream louder

Christ!

Get bleeped!

Well,
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2014
Get ffucked!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 7:35am On Aug 02, 2014
tim411:

GAY ALERT

MAKE i go wear my MENTAL pants

Couldn't stop cracking!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by phabulux: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
EroZA: too little...stand on top of your roof and scream louder

Get ffucked!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ok...

phabulux:

Get ffucked!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by coogar: 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
all4naija: You are uneducated element! How a rebel that couldn't manage his people going to put the continent on global stage is still a challenge to me. That is a joke. Stop using that illicit drug.

you are a consummate rëtard.....
he couldn't manage his country? how many years did he rule as their leader? do you know how many ground-breaking projects gadaffi achieved while in power?

the uprising in his country was artificially created by CIA. which leader in the world do not have an opposition? the people who didn't want him were in the minority but that's where you will find CNN/BBC cameras to make it look like 80% of the country were suffering.

besides, the arab world is such a volatile place. only an autocrat can successfully rule in those places. without the iron hands of men like saddam & gadaffi, governance is impossible. now that the imperialists have put their puppet leaders there, what's the outcome?

are libya & iraq better off now with the death of those 2 dictators. that right there is your answer.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 04, 2014
coogar:

you are a consummate rëtard.....
he couldn't manage his country? how many years did he rule as their leader? do you know how many ground-breaking projects gadaffi achieved while in power?

the uprising in his country was artificially created by CIA. which leader in the world do not have an opposition? the people who didn't want him were in the minority but that's where you will find CNN/BBC cameras to make it look like 80% of the country were suffering.

besides, the arab world is such a volatile place. only an autocrat can successfully rule in those places. without the iron hands of men like saddam & gadaffi, governance is impossible. now that the imperialists have put their puppet leaders there, what's the outcome?

are libya & iraq better off now with the death of those 2 dictators. that right there is your answer.
You should tell that to the uninformed not me. He came to power through radical means and ended up as a dictator who brainwashed the people to see him as a god, by making them look silly and lazy to do things on their own but worship and fear him. Go and get yourself some information on Libya and your overlord Qaddafi, you i d i o t!
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by coogar: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2014
all4naija: You should tell that to the uninformed not me. He came to power through radical means and ended up as a dictator who brainwashed the people to see him as a god, by making them look silly and lazy to do things on their own but worship and fear him. Go and get yourself some information on Libya and your overlord Qaddafi, you i d i o t!

who cares how he got in? you are a simpleton! is it about how he got in or what his people benefitted from him while he was there? you are just speaking out of your arsë anyways.....

these are some of the things gadaffi did for his people while in power. if you can name one leader in africa with 60% of these achievements then i surrender you have won this argument. if you cannot, you should swiftly book yourself into a mental home & remain there forever.

‎1. There are no electricity bills in Libya; electricity is free for all of its citizens.

2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.

3. A home is considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent.

4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 83%

6. Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.

7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.

8. In Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.

9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.

12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5,000

14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.1515. 25% of Libyans have a university degree

16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country."

before you start foaming in the mouth, libya is not the only oil or resource rich country in africa, but it is the only one where the citizens led a relative good life.

it is common knowledge in africa that libyans were so well taken care of that economic migrants, from sub-saharan africa, asia, europe and elsewhere, did much of their manual labour and household chores.

1 Like

Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

who cares how he got in? you are a simpleton! is it about how he got in or what his people benefitted from him while he was there? you are just speaking out of your arsë anyways.....

these are some of the things gadaffi did for his people while in power. if you can name one leader in africa with 60% of these achievements then i surrender you have won this argument. if you cannot, you should swiftly book yourself into a mental home & remain there forever.

before you start foaming in the mouth, libya is not the only oil or resource rich country in africa, but it is the only one where the citizens led a relative good life.

it is common knowledge in africa that libyans were so well taken care of that economic migrants, from sub-saharan africa, asia, europe and elsewhere, did much of their manual labour and household chores.
You are typing out of your ignorance about the history of that country. Qaddafi makes things worse. This is a population of less than 5 million and has oil reserve that is more than the Nigerian's during the time he took over power yet the country was not as rich as Qatar both in development and otherwise. I have traversed that country with cultural researchers. The country development is an eyesore.

The foreign expatriates from Korea, Italy and other European nations are there to keep the system going because the citizens lack skills. Isn't that bad for any nation to depend on foreigners for everything? You must be really thinking Libya was heaven during Qaddafi's regime.

1) There is no freedom of expression. The dictator and his family can do anything they want with the country's wealth and trample on people's rights.

2) There are no working banking system even money transfer and online transaction are something far from existing in the nation as a whole.

3) Most of the men are either taxi drivers or trading fruits in the markets while they receive benefits for housing and other thing necessities from the government as a way to keep them in such a backward state.

4) Typical Libyans lack a civilized man's attitude. They are so full of themselves and repugnant in their views of outside world.

5) Average Libyans look down on the Sub-Saharan Africans who are making a living in that country through self-inflicted slavery. They are either swindlers, working in the farm or cleaning the garden with penury. There is nothing like having the dream of becoming somebody in life in that society or becoming citizens and be entitled to some opportunities(like the American dream).

6) Some of the villages we visited the people are like the ones from the world past and their culture is not so much different from the Sudanese. Indeed, I ask myself if really this is Libya people said is Africa's well managed economy.

7) Tunisia, Morocco, some part of Algeria are far developed and civilized than Libya.

You don't have to come here and start writing sh*t out of hearsay. I am not going to accept that from an African who cannot get organized and get civilized. You need to check yourself properly and try to move on with the progressive world not backward Libya.
Re: 10 US Senators Write Obama Demanding Sanctions Against Nigeria. by coogar: 2:07am On Aug 05, 2014
all4naija:
You are typing out of your ignorance about the history of that country. Qaddafi makes things worse. This is a population of less than 5 million and has oil reserve that is more than the Nigerian's during the time he took over power yet the country was not as rich as Qatar both in development and otherwise. I have traversed that country with cultural researchers. The country development is an eyesore.

this is the most ridiculous piece of fecal matter i have read from a so called graduate. so their 5 million population means each citizen they should be getting a fraction of their oil proceeds credited into their account. if there were just 1,000 people in nigeria, you think your stüpid government would do the same?

The foreign expatriates from Korea, Italy and other European nations are there to keep the system going because the citizens lack skills. Isn't that bad for any nation to depend on foreigners for everything? You must be really thinking Libya was heaven during Qaddafi's regime.

foreign expatriates are in every country, you dumb-aśs. come to the UK here & asians are what you see in the hospitals. which country doesn't make use of expatriates? there are no expatriates in nigeria?

what a fool!

1) There is no freedom of expression. The dictator and his family can do anything they want with the country's wealth and trample on people's rights.

so there's freedom of expression in nigeria? what happened to ken saro wiwa? or you think he was executed in 1845?

2) There are no working banking system even money transfer and online transaction are something far from existing in the nation as a whole.

that's because the state own the banks - this is why they have no interest on lending & borrowing. the state controls everything - why would anyone expect the banks to run like private organisations?

3) Most of the men are either taxi drivers or trading fruits in the markets while they receive benefits for housing and other thing necessities from the government as a way to keep them in such a backward state.

stüpidity is your middle name, i am sure of that. you give people free housing and you are saying it keeps them in a backward state? what would have put them in a forward state? homelessness? did you see my list at all? what mothers of newborns get? what newlyweds get to start a family?

that's backwardness? grin

4) Typical Libyans lack a civilized man's attitude. They are so full of themselves and repugnant in their views of outside world.

and this is because of gadaffi - gadaffi controlled the behaviour of his 6 million citizens. this is what happens when someone has nothing else to say. they keep talking rubbish.

5) Average Libyans look down on the Sub-Saharan Africans who are making a living in that country through self-inflicted slavery.

what are subsaharan africans doing there in the first place? were they forced to be in libya or they were sold to slavery there? if libya is so backward, what were the foreigners doing there?

They are either swindlers, working in the farm or cleaning the garden with penury. There is nothing like having the dream of becoming somebody in life in that society or becoming citizens and be entitled to some opportunities(like the American dream).

is this dude a fool?
libya is an african country - why would you expect the american dream in libya? compare libya to other african countries - compare like for like and stop psycho-babbling.

6) Some of the villages we visited the people are like the ones from the world past and their culture is not so much different from the Sudanese. Indeed, I ask myself if really this is Libya people said is Africa's well managed economy.

what were you expecting to see in a village? gold paved roads & skyscrapers? did you pass through any citadel of learning? i am starting to think you dropped out in year 7.

7) Tunisia, Morocco, some part of Algeria are far developed and civilized than Libya.

you are a pathological liar. libya(under gadaffi) was the most developed in the whole of africa. where else in africa do you have 24/7 electricity, portable water, tarred roads everywhere - libya is about 6 times the size of nigeria.

You don't have to come here and start writing sh*t out of hearsay. I am not going to accept that from an African who cannot get organized and get civilized. You need to check yourself properly and try to move on with the progressive world not backward Libya.

if you have any decorum left in you. don't come back to this thread cos it's painfully apparent you are not abreast of what happened in libya before NATO forces invaded libya.

so in your own retardêd logic, nigeria is a progressive country in comparison to libya. you want to compare a country where having a home is a birth right to nigeria where there are more homeless people than anywhere else in africa.

nigeria where there's no light, no portable water. nigeria is the only country in africa where polio still exists. there are no human rights, there are thousands of people awaiting trial but have spent more than 10 years in jail cells. that is your freedom?

you are a disgrace to the village that sponsored your education!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Update On Kaduna State Governorship Results (2023) / Pictures From The Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Next For Niger Delta?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.