Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Experience With A Corper In Abuja - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience With A Corper In Abuja (36651 Views)

Is This The Shortest Female NYSC Corper In Nigeria?(pictured) / "Small-Sized" Male Corper In Anambra NYSC Camp (photo) / Hilarious: The Youngest Corper In Nigeria... [ Pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by kevoh(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Fake Corps member! That's my route! Going to be on the lookout now for him!
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ifyeez: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin Am a corper too o. That guy is a tif nemesis must catch up with him one day, spoiling our name.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by wisedrugz: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
OPEN LETTER TO MR EBOLA!
Dear Ebola, please we are still trying to
survive:
1. Cancer
2. Strikes
3. Corrupt politicians
4. HIV
5. Bokoharams
6. Religious issues
7. PHCN
8. Unemployments
9. 419 Aka Yahoo Yahoo
10. Fulani herdsmen.
As you can see, we already have enough
Ebola problems, that has had no cure, since
independence. So adding yourself after
number 10, it will be as late Fela said, double
Wahala for dead body.
Thanks for your corporation.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist: You chased somebody with your car because you gave him ordinary 700 naira?

You be actor?

Your own akagum is too much bruv. So what would have happened if you gave the boy 1k then? Crucifixion?
Hahahahaha
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Ademat7(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Person no even fit make FP,please like my post and make me happy...

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
zolajpower: He's nt even afraid of d dreaded Boko boys

Na condition na.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
I said same thing to my state co-ordinator then but she said it wouldn't stop the crime or abuse of uniform as most people sew their own uniform and can make the crested vest.

Epathra: Seriously ehn, if possible, I'll suggest they take back these uniforns like they do out I'd cards. I know ex-corp members who still get free rides n all just with their face cap or crested vest. Their appetite might increase one day. My tot tho. Btw, Oga seun pls this should be on frontpage to warn ppl.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by elobyobi: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
You'll hardly even find a corper with FULL NYSC kit on a Monday or a Tuesday...u sef suppose know say na scam

So I ask

ARE YOU A LEARNER grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by pokenose(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
HMMMM......
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by mikeeeeee: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
I met this same corper yesterday evening at kubwa express after kagini junction, close to that new bridge, parked with bonnet up and he stoped me and said his fuel just got finished, I gave him 500 naira. This guy must be a thief.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ruffcoin09(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is no news, man must chop anyhow anyhow.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nothing moves me to help these days.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by oldenglish: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Two of you that gave him money are mucus!!!! What concerns bonnet with petrol?

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by gidjah(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
HE must be A 'SURE BOY'!
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by BE811APP: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
But OP... If fuel finish... Na bonnet perin go open

It happend to me once... D guy walked into our compound.. When I was washing myy car and told me a long story About.. Travelling to get a document in another state.. He was smelling of Cigarette..

I gave him just 100 bucks.. Cuz I didn't trust him... U won't bilv it... I saw d guy for a whole week... Around d same area begging... I stopped and asked him.. Why he does that... He still gave me another story..

They are everywhere with different versions of stories!!!

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by gidjah(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
an executive beggar on d loose from lagos!,this time wit a car attached to his sorry ass!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by iamtheprincipal: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is not the first time. There are lots of them everywhere. A friend told me of an encounter he had the other day. There was this guy that goes from Church to Church in Portharcourt. On this faithful Sunday, after 1st Service at RCCG-JESUS' House Portharcourt, the dude approached him on the ground that he is a graduate and was just called up for a job interview at ONNE and that he was in dire need of #2500 to take him to ONNE, my friend offered him #500 but the guy turned it down, that it wasn't enough, he had to make it up to #1000 for the guy. This prompted his desire to watch the dude closely. So, he went aside to monitor him. The guy continued his game plan and other Church members heard his story and gave him their widow's mind. The guy went on to collect more than #15,000 and he wasn't still satisfied. My friend approached him requesting for the return of his #1000 or else he would call the attention of the team of Mobile Police Men standing by the Church, the guy hurriedly returned my friend's money and told him that he has spoilt business for him on that day.

This is a warning to everyone.
Be very careful on how you offer assistance to strangers as some of them are criminals.
Be vigilant!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by justfree1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
most people this days just want it quick quick, God will help us in this country. Life is Hard, but it is harder when you are stupid, closed minded and arrogant. My company is expanding globally, needs more sharp individuals that truly want success in life. If you are one, connect with me. Income potential Unlimited.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Jovie: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Prowizy2:
All hustle na hustle. Man must wack!!

pls o, doz kinds of acts can make d general public to become cold towards corperr
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Wadosky(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
undecided
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.
nawa ooo people get mind shaa
I bet the guy is not a corper probably an impersonator .
no wonder the other day I was in the rain ,I tried flagging a car in front of space centre to national biotechnology but no one stopped for that short distance. I don't rily blame them
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Bravoe(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist: You chased somebody with your car because you gave him ordinary 700 naira?

You be actor?

Your own akagum is too much bruv. So what would have happened if you gave the boy 1k then? Crucifixion?

you sure say no be you be the guy? This one wey you take the thing personal.

The op didnt pursue they guy coz of the 700 naira but coz the guy is extorting people using the same trick he used on the op.

Lets call a spade a spade!

These are the kind of people that makes CORPERS find it hard to even see free transport like it used to be before.

26 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Wadosky(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
elobyobi: You'll hardly even find a corper with FULL NYSC kit on a Monday or a Tuesday...u sef suppose know say na scam

So I ask

ARE YOU A LEARNER grin grin
mheenn I served but back then we have cds on Thursdays but in abuja hia I hear corpers talking about cds on Mondays and outside the normal Thursday.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by gidjah(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
sunnyshayne: Nothing moves me to help these days.

i hope the faithful day you will need help won't ever come up Else....I,!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by eniabire(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
I saw dat same guy yesterday. Initially, I wanted to stop wen I saw him but I later felt he was fake. I kept wondering why a corper would be fully kitted on a public holiday knowing dat they mostly wear it on their CD days or for special programs.
Thanks 4 sharing dis info.

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by mstik(f): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
lol grin
Erm, op, but why did you chase him? to spank him? Nothing you would have said would have stopped this dude from doing waht he does
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.
1st Bullet
Funny but seriously,
you are lucky. You could fall into a trap.
2nd Bullet
Next time, don't do a lone ranger chasing. Just report the guy's trick to the nearest Police Station. And hope that those Police ll nab him. Chasing him alone may cause you harm.
Last Bullet
It's pathetic that youths take advantage of anything to get money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Gofwane(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2014

You be actor?

wetin dis 1 dey yarn? Na ur type dey fyt wit pump attendants 4 filling station because dem put #999.9k fuel 4 u. . .smh

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by enomakos(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
[quote
author=himkers]Any corper wey get car no suppose dey get pity from the
public. If you can't fuel ur car, then sell it[/quote]seconded

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Waspy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Corporate beggar......in Tunde Obe's voice. grin grin Every hustle na hustle, every way na way
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by NanciaKay(f): 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
hmmm. wat shame
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by NanciaKay(f): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
wat a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Youth Corpers Wed In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Funny NYSC Camp Moments / Youth Corpers Boarding A Lorry In Bauchi. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.