Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

My Experience With Road Saftey Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Road Saftey Officials (939 Views)

Photos: Wike Celebrates His Victory At The Supreme Court With Road Patrol / Rivers Gov Poll: Armed DSS Officials Storm Tribunal. / APC Website Vanishes With Road Map And Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by Big4wig(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Today my uncle & i were coming back from owerri & around okija junction,a federal road safety officer stopped us.@ first there was no panic between us cos we were on seat belts & d papers were complete.he asked us for the particulars of Toyota vehicle we were driving,& we showed it to him.He asked for d drivers licence & d rest of d papers we gave dem to him..after all glancing through,he gave dem bk & requested for d fire extinguisher,triangle,jack which all vehicle must av,all was completely shown.

This officer now amazed me wen he went round our four tyres,came back & said our 2 back tires are EXPIRED cheesy..we thought he was joking o buh dis officer was hellbent saying a single Tyre would cost us 3k each unless he will seize d ride & take it to their office were we would pay more :/ .We started pleading o,& ended up giving him 1k to save time

Please nairalanders does a car tyre expire & if yes how would 1 know cos i think dis federal road safety officer scammed us of 1k

Mods move to a better place cos i don't know were to create such a topic.tanks
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by jhydebaba(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
The officer sef wan enjoy holiday now. It is called "owo odun"

On whether a car type expires, let me ask u, is there anything that does not have a life span

U should have allowed him take u to FRSC office, there u'd know if a tire expires or not.

Na wah for the FRSC guy sef shocked so after pocketing the 1k, he left the OP to GnD with expired tires cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Big4wig: Today my uncle & i were coming back from owerri & around okija junction,a federal road safety officer stopped us.@ first there was no panic between us cos we were on seat belts & d papers were complete.he asked us for the particulars of Toyota vehicle we were driving,& we showed it to him.He asked for d drivers licence & d rest of d papers we gave dem to him..after all glancing through,he gave dem bk & requested for d fire extinguisher,triangle,jack which all vehicle must av,all was completely shown.

This officer now amazed me wen he went round our four tyres,came back & said our 2 back tires are EXPIRED cheesy..we thought he was joking o buh dis officer was hellbent saying a single Tyre would cost us 3k each unless he will seize d ride & take it to their office were we would pay more :/ .We started pleading o,& ended up giving him 1k to save time

Please nairalanders does a car tyre expire & if yes how would 1 know cos i think dis federal road safety officer scammed us of 1k

Mods move to a better place cos i don't know were to create such a topic.tanks
I knew u where going to the tyre part. That was my experience on April this year when i ply that road. It has always being their criminal strategy on okija road. Though, the objective is to discourage fairly used tyres and also an offence to ply the road with expire tyres but such is not justified when new tyres can't even guarantee your safety. The funniest thing is that they work with the mobile police mounting road blocks on that same road incase u get infuriated and zoom off. The solution to this is ask ur vulcanizer to turn the dated part of the tyre inside and let criminals embark on fruitless search.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by atikuman(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thats the latest in town now .....so its better when u see them u park or u zoom through them.
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by FASTLINK1: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yes, car tyres have expire date, just add 4yrs to whatever manufacture date that is written on the tyre, that's the expire date, meaning, the life span of medium size cars' tyre is 4yrs, while that of SUV and trailers have theirs also.
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by obongtunji: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tyres has manufacturing date and they are to stay maximum of either 4 or 5 years
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
FASTLINK1: Yes, car tyres have expire date, just add 4yrs to whatever manufacture date that is written on the tyre, that's the expire date, meaning, the life span of medium size cars' tyre is 4yrs, while that of SUV and trailers have theirs also.
na waoh. never heard of this before. So you mean a distributor who sells tires 2 years after manufacture, then the end user has only 2 years left.lol.

what FRSC refers to expired tires is worn threads on tires.
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by Big4wig(m): 12:33am On Jul 30, 2014
jhydebaba: The officer sef wan enjoy holiday now. It is called "owo odun"

Na wah for the FRSC guy sef shocked so after pocketing the 1k, he left the OP to GnD with expired tires cheesy
smh
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by UCyril: 3:05am On Jul 30, 2014
Why do Nigerians like to complaine,just do d right thing and nobody will disturb u.using expired tyre is an offence because it can cause road traffic crash. d road safety officer just saved ur life and u shld be greatful.
Re: My Experience With Road Saftey Officials by Firefire(m): 3:51am On Jul 30, 2014
Check the tyres. You will see 4 letter words: examples

1809 (meaning week 18 year 2009)

3008 (meaning week 30 year 2008)

Adding 4 years to the date shows the tyre expiration date.

Hence, when buying new tyres, ensure you check the 4 letter word in CYCLE to avoid buying 2 years gone or even already expired tyres.

Shalom!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Runaway Nigerian Soldiers Return From Cameroon / TAN To APC: Counter Their Documented Achievements Of Jonathan. / Goodluck Jonathan’s Soft Landing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.