Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft (16016 Views)

Booze, Drugs, Sex: Bizarre Sights From Lagos ‘under Bridges’ / Anja Ringgren-Lovén Rescuing Nigerian Children From ‘witchcraft' / 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by chibecanglobal(m): 6:09am On Jul 30, 2014
PORT HARCOURT— The residents of
Iwofe, Rumuolumeni in Obio/Akpor
Local Government Area of Rivers
State were on Monday, thrown into
confusion following the
apprehension of a 10-year-old boy
said to have turned into a cat to
witch-hunt a family in the
community.
A resident of the community who
spoke to Vanguard said a cat jumped
into a room from nowhere while the
occupants were wide awake. The cat
was said to have transformed to a
boy as they were planning on how to
chase out what they thought was a
mere cat.
Vanguard gathered that when the
cat turned into a young boy, the
occupants of the room screamed to
attract their neighbours who came to
their aid.
The source also said the boy begged
his captors that night not to kill
him, naming his accomplice as a 48-
year-old man said to have sponsored
his evil mission to the family.
Meanwhile, the Iwofe Divisional
Police Headquarters has arrested the
boy and the 48-year-old man. When
contacted, a senior police officer,
who spoke on condition of
anonymity, said: “Actually, two
people have been arrested in
connection to witchcraft activity.”
But he declined to give further
information on the issue, insisting
that it is only the Police Public
Relations Officer, PPRO, that is
empowered to do so.
Contacted, the Rivers Police
Command spokesperson , ASP Grace
Koko, said she was yet to be briefed
on the issue.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/rivers-police-arrest-man-10-yr-old-boy-witchcraft/
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2014
shebi dem tok say govt no sabi juju ni

2 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Omexonomy: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Those people were taken to the station for protection to avoid aluuing.

8 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by chibecanglobal(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2014
Omexonomy: Those people were taken to the station for protection to avoid aluuing.
Africans with their backwardness..imagine how we still think in the 21st century despite living in midst of information explosion.
It baffles me how people still believe a human can transform into another life form.Superstition is an affliction indeed.

12 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by sisiafrika(f): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
chibecanglobal: Africans with their backwardness..imagine how we still think in the 21st century despite living in midst of information explosion.
It baffles me how people still believe a human can transform into another life form.Superstition is an affliction indeed.
if there must be holy spirit then evil spirit must exist to make up the balance. This world is held in equilibrium, any disturbance will lead to shift to annul the disturbance. Nothing like superstition! It is real, it happens! Take it or leave it! There are witches and wizards! There are unseen forces that holds the world! N.B: I ne'er accused anybody!

44 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by stripper: 4:54am On Jul 31, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by jayseehe(m): 4:55am On Jul 31, 2014
witchcraft is not recognized by the judiciary

1 Like

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by sammieguze(m): 4:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Is that thee new duty of policemen
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by jayseehe(m): 5:00am On Jul 31, 2014
sisiafrika: if there must be holy spirit then evil spirit must exist to make up the balance. This world is held in equilibrium, any disturbance will lead to shift to annul the disturbance. Bothing like superstition! It is real, it happens! Take it or leave it! There are witches and wizards!

none exists; no holy spirit and no evil sprit

5 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by pelvicky(m): 5:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Dey shd release dem jare...afterall juju power no dey 4 nigeria constitution
i guess dey kip dem 4 safety
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by aluunoble: 5:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Same Obiakpo with weird story!

Hmmm I put d blame on APC!

2 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by FADEO: 5:05am On Jul 31, 2014
The boy should better turn to ant and escape from the police, then turn into bird and fly away from the community because he will still be "aluued".

5 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by shadowwalker101: 5:05am On Jul 31, 2014
na wa oo
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by pelvicky(m): 5:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Dey shd release dem jare,,juju no dey 4 constitution,,i guess dey r keeping 4 safety
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Barselonia(m): 5:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Lol
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by BabaAlaji(m): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2014
May God help us in....
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by nagoma(m): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2014
sisiafrika: if there must be holy spirit then evil spirit must exist to make up the balance. This world is held in equilibrium, any disturbance will lead to shift to annul the disturbance. Bothing like superstition! It is real, it happens! Take it or leave it! There are witches and wizards!

Fooolish Nigerians harassing a young boy for nothing. Your politicians are the witches and wizards stunting the growth and development of your nation.

4 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by MrRhymes101(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2014
how r we going to progress with mindset??

2 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by aluunoble: 5:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Omexonomy: Those people were taken to the station for protection to avoid aluuing.

Hey stop playing with my surname b4 u'll be ebolad......or worst still chiboked!

But seriously ALUU is ma surname!

Dnt ast me d meaning coz even my ancestors gat no explanation! I'm a native of Unwana, the home of Akanu Ibiam, in Afikpo-North LGA, Ebonyi State....

Jst gave u d above brief biodata b4 u guyz will lynch me electronically.......

BTW wat is wrong wit 10yr olds nowadays? 10yr old was caught wearing an explosive hijab in an SUV n nw 10yr old caught wearing witchcrafty explosive? Smh

13 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 31, 2014
This hilarious.
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Yoney007(f): 5:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Nothing concern govt and witchcraft matters....Release them!!!
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by mezebel(f): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Do not spare a witch to live... No bribery for this red handed case o!

But I thought witch case no dey for police?
Abe constitution don include them?
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by mezebel(f): 6:04am On Jul 31, 2014
aluunoble:

Hey stop playing with my surname b4 u'll be ebolad......or worst still chiboked!

But seriously ALUU is ma surname!

Dnt ast me d meaning coz even my ancestors gat no explanation! I'm a native of Unwana, the home of Akanu Ibiam, in Afikpo-North LGA, Ebonyi State....

Jst gave u d above brief biodata b4 u guyz will lynch me electronically.......

BTW wat is wrong wit 10yr olds nowadays? 10yr old was caught wearing an explosive hijab in an SUV n nw 10yr old caught wearing witchcrafty explosive? Smh
bia nwa unwana jokwa... U no sabi say aluu means abormination? Unwana people sabi answer disgusting names ranging from mbe(tortoise) oke(rat) okpani(mumu first son) uka(talk) enya(eye) among other miserable ones. Abeg u guys should embrace changes cos those name has effect on the bearer

4 Likes

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmmm, another witchcraft case. Thought police earlier said the law doesnt recognise witchcraftcy? How come they made arrest here. The story looks more like what nollywood can offer.

Finally, pishure or ......u know naw.

Good morning mzmariah.
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 31, 2014
Is he in anyway related to the bird-woman from awhile back? grin

Who writes these articles?
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by disloman(m): 6:19am On Jul 31, 2014
Olekumaster: shebi dem tok say govt no sabi juju ni
Same here but can't stop laughing.
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by elguaje(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by buchibabe: 6:40am On Jul 31, 2014

Tell him!!!
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:05am On Jul 31, 2014
If they are charged to court how will the case look like. Will the boy be charged for burglary. It will be a hard tsk for the Lawyer representing and defending him
Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by popson1st: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Alll these witches and witchcrafts are needed in the north to display their talent.

1 Like

Re: Bizarre! Rivers Police Arrest Man,10-yr-old Boy For Witchcraft by Sijo01(f): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2014
Why cant these witches/wizard form an association and invade boko haram den to do the needful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Fear The Most In Life? / How Do You Control Rising Manliness In Public? / Dangote Trailer Crushes Man In Umuahia (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.