Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG (15876 Views)

Andela Tech Divas! A chance for ladies to get employed ! no experience required. / Baker Hughes 2015 Graduate Field Engineer! / Be Self Employed! No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

how do u know all these.

you are so 80% wrong.

PHCN has nothing much to do with project
they contract out projects to skipper, news engineering and the likes while they supervise.

field engineers and design engineers are in the order of department in PHCN......planning and construction, operation and maintenance, protection, control and metering, cable jointers and electrical fitters, SCADA, Despatch, customer care, human resources.............

who told you the ogas are not well informed.....have u come in contact with any?

from where did u get the facts that they went on strike before privatization cos they are not qualified....u kidding aight?

pls, where do u work and with what organization. we should start from there!

I work for a consultant to PHCN (TCN) and NIPP (NDPHC). I have personally supervised 4 PHCN projects and currently supervising an NIPP project. News engineering is one of the worst indigenous contractors, in fact most of ours are the worst.

My company is one of the power project consultants and managers employed by PHCN since 2004 so i have meetings in PHCN HQ and NIPP offices and with most of their engineering (office/management) staff at the levels of General managers, Assistant general Managers and principal managers. Every project has a PHCN (TCN) project manager and assistant, PC (project consultant like my company) and EPC contractor (Engineering procurement construction contractor like News engineering)

Most of those departments you called are distribution related which where not in the HQ and have since become responsibilities of DISCO's.

Why do you think TCN embarked massively on recruiting over 500 engineers last year. PHCN installations were not maned or maintained by engineers or at best too few while top management where either non engineers or are figure head engineers without powers to effect the systems.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Malawian(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

it takes coren certified to use engr.
where was that please.

and using engr. doesnt always mean you are more sound than the person with mr. , mrs. , and miss.

NIGGAR PLZZZZZ.
COREN IS ONLY ABOUT "CONSULTING ENGINEERS"
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
GPA5:

SO, LAWERS, DOCTORS WERE AT THE HELMS OF PHCN WHEN HE PRIVATISED NEPA TO PHCN?

AS AT THEN, THERE WAS LITTLE IMPROVEMENT IN POWER SUPPLY.

Stop talking like an illiterate..How can a whole former president privatize nepa and didnt even ensure that a single engineer was employed..Na God go punish obj for this evil.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Malawian:

NIGGAR PLZZZZZ.

No Sir.

Even technicians are supposed to be registered.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by dhabeautyjas(f): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

Guys face it, those were illegal employments. Such employments were never ratified by the ministry of power so would not be recognised. The guidelines of employment would have involved making a public vacancy advert on media and a public interview held which was never done in the past 16years.

I also know someone that was employed by PHCN with 3rd class 3yrs ago and has even attended FAT in several countries, something his seniors who have been there never got the opportunity to go. He went for his first FAT 3months after employment, imagine that. My uncle retired last year as an AGM in human resource department but could not give even me as an engineer employment for more than 10years he has been AGM. Na only back door them they do am and him no be that type. Ask those your people, one powerful person gave them jobs. Besides, they have to replace someone, so its either a person died, retired or changed job before he can be replaced. Even such were illegal but they were doing it.

No be today ojoro start for this country o!

You maybe right cos there are some jobs you apply for and they ask you to pay huge amount of money to be given. i wonder what this country has degenerated into.
only God will help us.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by obioraval(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

I am a consultant to PHCN (TCN) and NIPP (NDPHC). I have personally supervised 4 PHCN projects and currently supervising an NIPP project. News engineering is one of the worst indigenous contractors, in fact most of ours are the worst.

My company is one of the power project consultants and managers employed by PHCN since 2004 so i have meetings in PHCN HQ and NIPP offices and with most of their engineering (office/management) staff at the levels of General managers, Assistant general Managers and principal managers. Every project has a PHCN (TCN) project manager and assistant, PC (project consultant like my company) and EPC contractor (Engineering procurement construction contractor like News engineering)

Most of those departments you called are distribution related which where not in the HQ and have since become responsibilities of DISCO's.

Why do you think TCN embarked massively on recruiting over 500 engineers last year. PHCN installations were not maned or maintained by engineers or at best too few while top management where either non engineers or are figure head engineers without powers to effect the systems.

If you doubt me, that below is in front of my house right now.
can I volunteer with you and your company... Experience sake. Young graduate engineer
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dragonking:

Stop talking like an illiterate..How can a whole former president privatize nepa and didnt even ensure that a single engineer was employed..Na God go punish obj for this evil.

DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF PRIVATISE?

WHENEVER AN GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION/ PUBLIC COMPANY IS PRIVATISE THE GOVERNMENT IS NO LONGER IN CONTROL OF THE ORGANISATION. THE NEW PRIVATE HANDS WILL BE AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIR

GOD GO PUNISH GEJ FOR THE LOST OF $20B, ABDUCTION OF CHIBOK GIRLS AND COULDN'T RESCUE THEM, THE DEATH OF YOUTH THAT DIED DURING IMMIGRATION APTITUDE TEST............

#IT DOESN'T TOOK CAMEROON GOVERNMENT A MONTH TO RESCUE BACK THEIR PRIME MINISTER'S WIFE
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by anonimi: 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
obioraval: can I volunteer with you and your company... Experience sake. Young graduate engineer

Very good initiative..... I hope Oga Adanny will consider it very well.
Wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Malawian:

NIGGAR PLZZZZZ.

dont ever quote me again iff u dont have something reasonable to say.

and who be ur niggar, do I like ur buddy?

u wanna be called Engr. Malawian without being coren certified then come to Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
GPA5:

DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF PRIVATISE?

WHENEVER AN GOVERNMENT ORGANISATION/ PUBLIC COMPANY IS PRIVATISE THE GOVERNMENT IS NO LONGER IN CONTROL OF THE ORGANISATION. THE NEW PRIVATE HANDS WILL BE AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIR

GOD GO PUNISH GEJ FOR THE LOST OF $20B, ABDUCTION OF CHIBOK GIRLS AND COULDN'T RESCUE THEM, THE DEATH OF YOUTH THAT DIED DURING IMMIGRATION APTITUDE TEST............

#IT DOESN'T TOOK CAMEROON GOVERNMENT A MONTH TO RESCUE BACK THEIR PRIME MINISTER'S WIFE

Stop trying to hard to be right..Nepa didnt have a single engineer for 16years means that before it was privatized there was still no engineer which was under OBJ rule then..

#they cant kidnap nigeria's vc wife..thats why GEJ and nigeria is bigger than cameroon.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

I work for a consultant to PHCN (TCN) and NIPP (NDPHC). I have personally supervised 4 PHCN projects and currently supervising an NIPP project. News engineering is one of the worst indigenous contractors, in fact most of ours are the worst.

If you doubt me, that below is in front of my house right now.

yes, you are correct about news engineering. everything went down the drain since the owner died.

as disco has departments, so transco has related departments...at transco, we have design and contruction which is similar to planning and contruction at disco.

I have worked with skipper electricals limited which is a contractor to TCN where some TCN engineers, pmu staff, sewa as consultants as the case may be.

I know ur company well well, I might even know you.

contrary to your opinion about these TCN staff,they have been very capable while I worked with them. Bamali, Osarenren, and the GM (D&C) have been good examples so far. maybe u met the wrong ones.....

the only thing is that they could want to frustrate atimes when u wanna prove wise and smart. and na dem dey certify invoice.

we cant say all are bad just of few ones.

issue of manning station, SCADA failed in stations being installed (a new technology though).....it is being looked into to correct and implement proper.

you and I should know that government is making effort in power sector.........projects here and there........a gas plant under contruction at kaduna now.

we are in this struggle together.

I gez u were in one of the last meetings at TCN where projects to be concluded by november were mapped out.

our engineers are trying.
nigeria is getting there.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

No Sir.

Even technicians are supposed to be registered.

u get time o
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
dhabeautyjas:

You maybe right cos there are some jobs you apply for and they ask you to pay huge amount of money to be given. i wonder what this country has degenerated into.
only God will help us.

in PHCN?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Malawian(m): 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

dont ever quote me again iff u dont have something reasonable to say.

and who be ur niggar, do I like ur buddy?

u wanna be called Engr. Malawian without being coren certified then come to Nigeria.
who is this idi.ot?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Malawian:
who is this idi.ot?

ur father.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Christmasdon(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
.at least we have so many of them (engineers) on nairaland, what are they waiting for,
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dragonking:

Stop trying to hard to be right..Nepa didnt have a single engineer for 16years means that before it was privatized there was still no engineer which was under OBJ rule then..

#they cant kidnap nigeria's vc wife..thats why GEJ and nigeria is bigger than cameroon.

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE(PROFESSION)AT THE MANAGEMENT OFNEPA UNDER OBJ'S? YOU MEAN OBJ USED DOCTORS,LAWYERS AT THE HELMS OF NEPA

NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN CAMEROON YET NIGERIA IS NOT PEACE, YOUR GEJ CAN'T RESCUE CHIBOK GIRLS
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by barnaby04(m): 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
awodiyat: Dt is tru o. There is no enginer. Only service manager is enginer and marketg marnager deptuy manager admin oficer and cheif acount and does dt r operating 132kv dt go to sch. Others are ssce older....so dey pay dem 5k to15k. So no bsc older wil aply 4 dt kind of job. Dt y phcn workers are army robbers
. Please confirm your story before sharing in a public space like this next time.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by barnaby04(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
I read this story in the morning and laughed widely within me cos a Minister of the Federal Republic that should know better is misinforming the public with tales of lies. Well, let me set the records straight, it is totally untrue that no engineer was recruited with the last 16 years in the old PHCH as claimed by the Minister. In year 2000/2001, some sets of graduates were employed as enumerators nationwide covering various disciplines to work within the then PHCN, they were eventually regularised into the service in 2005, among them were many engineers which today formed the nucleus of the new generation young engineers in the system. The last major national recruitment of recent was in 2007/2008 which mainly focussed on recruitment of sound engineers. This story is verifiable from any of the old PHCN staff you see around. So tell me, where did they Minister get his own news from?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 12:11am On Jul 31, 2014
ayobase:

yes, you are correct about news engineering. everything went down the drain since the owner died.

as disco has departments, so transco has related departments...at transco, we have design and contruction which is similar to planning and contruction at disco.

I have worked with skipper electricals limited which is a contractor to TCN where some TCN engineers, pmu staff, sewa as consultants as the case may be.

I know ur company well well, I might even know you.

contrary to your opinion about these TCN staff,they have been very capable while I worked with them. Bamali, Osarenren, and the GM (D&C) have been good examples so far. maybe u met the wrong ones.....

the only thing is that they could want to frustrate atimes when u wanna prove wise and smart. and na dem dey certify invoice.

we cant say all are bad just of few ones.

issue of manning station, SCADA failed in stations being installed (a new technology though).....it is being looked into to correct and implement proper.

you and I should know that government is making effort in power sector.........projects here and there........a gas plant under contruction at kaduna now.

we are in this struggle together.

I gez u were in one of the last meetings at TCN where projects to be concluded by november were mapped out.

our engineers are trying.
nigeria is getting there.

Good names you called up bro especially Osarenren, we worked together he was the clients Asst. PM. Cant forget how he caused deportation of one chinese PM who wanted to show off. The guy later returned but could not be PM again.

What a saying is, the engineers are good but still dont have enough influence to positive change the system. Even as GMs and AGMs etc, they just do their jobs, policies are in the hands of people who are either politicians or do not have the interest of the job at heart.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by globatop: 1:31am On Jul 31, 2014
No wonder unemployment rate is high. God dey o, chai.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by dgregs336(m): 1:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Phillfree: They prefer bringing in graduates in the name of contract and pay them 10k monthly.
. Mhen nawa....dey just take corpers n give dem 5k
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by dgregs336(m): 2:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Nobleval: I don't believe it undecided What of those "engineers" smiley I usually see and meet in their offices undecided
nawa....!! No wonder liite mata no dey change
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2014
GPA5:

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE(PROFESSION)AT THE MANAGEMENT OFNEPA UNDER OBJ'S? YOU MEAN OBJ USED DOCTORS,LAWYERS AT THE HELMS OF NEPA

NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN CAMEROON YET NIGERIA IS NOT PEACE, YOUR GEJ CAN'T RESCUE CHIBOK GIRLS

Another fo0lish talk..what is the doctors and lawyers concern to rrunning the affairs of the defunct Nepa? It is the work of the engineers which OBJ failed brain didnt let him know that he had to employ atleast 50 engineers..But he didnt even employ 1..Chiiaaaa
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by hermesprogidy(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2014
........... And 15 out of those 16 years were PDP governed years. Am not surprised. Nigerians vote wisely in 2015!!
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2014
adanny01:

Good names you called up bro especially Osarenren, we worked together he was the clients Asst. PM. Cant forget how he caused deportation of one chinese PM who wanted to show off. The guy later returned but could not be PM again.

What a saying is, the engineers are good but still dont have enough influence to positive change the system. Even as GMs and AGMs etc, they just do their jobs, policies are in the hands of people who are either politicians or do not have the interest of the job at heart.

lets hope things get better with these new hands in deck.
the new MD/CEO is really making effort.

the reason why most of our local companies are failing is cos they don't have enough capital base to finish a project.. they always depend on money from clients. it ambiguous though.

Osareren ehn, I dont meet that man if im not fully prepared. the guy will ask questions, correct, and above all lecture you till ur knees start giving way.

all the best brother........I might at any point consult u on here.....hope no charges attached to e-consult.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 8:36am On Jul 31, 2014
Dragonking:

Another fo0lish talk..what is the doctors and lawyers concern to rrunning the affairs of the defunct Nepa? It is the work of the engineers which OBJ failed brain didnt let him know that he had to employ atleast 50 engineers..But he didnt even employ 1..Chiiaaaa

WHO ARE THE PROFESSION HE EMPLOYED IF NOT ENGINEERS?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
GPA5:

WHO ARE THE PROFESSION HE EMPLOYED IF NOT ENGINEERS?

Go and ask OBJ that question becos we are in a thread where it is stated that there was no engineer for 16years. smiley
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dragonking:

Go and ask OBJ that question becos we are in a thread where it is stated that there was no engineer for 16years. smiley

NO, THE PERFECT ANSWERS SHOULD COME FROM YOU SINCE YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF IT.

WHO ARE THE PROFESSION HE EMPLOYED IF
NOT ENGINEERS?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
GPA5:

NO, THE PERFECT ANSWERS SHOULD COME FROM YOU SINCE YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF IT.

NOT ENGINEERS?

You prove that he employed engineers
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dragonking:

You prove that he employed engineers

IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION DON'T QUOTE ME BACK

NOT ENGINEERS?

I AM DONE WITH YOU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Bank Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / 5 Ways To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.