Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; 'writing' Her Many Wrongs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; 'writing' Her Many Wrongs (461 Views)

My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / She Defends Her Wrongs With Love Essential Traits.pls Advice Me / Chinua Achebe At 82: “we Remember Differently”, By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; 'writing' Her Many Wrongs by generaliy07(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2014
I've been bothered by Chimanada's stance on
many issues

Her one-way reasoning on
feminism, the way she paints the Nigerian
culture, most especially her own Igbo (one of
the richest culture in Africa), and how she
writes to counter the stands of our revered
Chinua Achebe on tradition based issues

These, among other reasons, has always made
me think of writing to expose her deliberate
ignorance, and to make the world see that we
are in no way what she paints us to be.

Finally, someone has put things straight!

This link has it all

Take time to read, God bless you!

saharareporters.com/2014/07/29/adichies-
feminism-vacuums-and-fallacies-gonzaga
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; 'writing' Her Many Wrongs by TalkHoha: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
A little error to correct. We all make these mistakes, just that this came within the first few words of your piece. I think you mean 'bothered' and not 'bordered.' Cheers.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; 'writing' Her Many Wrongs by generaliy07(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
TalkHoha: A little error to correct. We all make these mistakes, just that this came within the first few words of your piece. I think you mean 'bothered' and not 'bordered.' Cheers.

God bless you, I was typing in a hurry, didn't notice that really, thanks

@ Mod, can you please move this to 'limelight'?, thanks, God bless you too

(1) (Reply)

Do You Always Read Terms And Conditions Pop Ups / Sure Football Bettinto Win / Exclusive! We’ll Chase Women Out Of Polling Areas With Guns, Osogbo PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.