Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Sokoto State Batch B 2014 - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Sokoto State Batch B 2014 (10577 Views)

Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by jboy01(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
Bloomingbud:

You think so?
I served in town and life is still very cheap, was given acomodation in my PPA too. You have given a wonderfull advice.

pls is there atm machine in the camp?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by floxybba6: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote aut
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by vinci500: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
3ace you dey vex ooo ... anyway 3aces thanks ma!
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
vinci500: 3ace you dey vex ooo ... anyway 3aces thanks ma!

grin tongue
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
jboy01: pls is there atm machine in the camp?

How atm go dey camp, sokoto camp for that matter. Boss, carry enuf cash come make we spend. Ehehehe
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Okay peeps from Lagos we move on Tuesday by 4pm...you are therefore advice to book your ticket by Monday @ The young garage Iddo bus-stop, Oyingbo,Lagos. For more info, call me now on 08039287225. cheers
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emphany: Okay peeps from Lagos we move on Tuesday by 4pm...you are therefore advice to book your ticket by Monday @ The young garage Iddo bus-stop, Oyingbo,Lagos. For more info, call me now on 08039287225. cheers

what time wld u reach sokoto then? estimated offcourse
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
3aces:
what time wld u reach sokoto then? estimated offcourse
4/5 A.M on Wed i believe
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
All my Eastern brethren, tomorrow Monday 4th of August we head towards Onitsha from there its a straight bus to Sokoto!

We'll arrive sokoto on Tuesdays morning before 4am

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Egundare(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Emphany, pls I'll be leaving to sokoto from ibadan precisely ojoo tomorrow. I hope we will meet in camp
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Travel Carefully!

Road, journeys are very popular with Nigerians especially journeys to the east and north of the country, while these trips offer a great opportunity to see the people and sights that make up our country & for us prospective corp members.

Long distance travel can be unpleasant if not properly planned. Here are some tips to help you travel cheerfully: Avoid drinks such as colas, tea and coffee that contain caffeine at least 24 hours before the trip. Reduce salt intake 24-48 hours before traveling, as sitting for long hours tends to slow circulation down. Swellings around the ankles and feet due to water retention can be very painful. Wear loose and comfortable clothing made from lightweight fabrics.

Take a book or some newspapers along to stave off boredom if you can't sleep during bus rides.Sleep a lot if you can. The trip offers you a great opportunity to relax. At each major stop get off the bus and stretch your limbs. Exercises can also be done while sitting in the bus. Rotate each ankle several times, first to the right and then the left. Next give toes a stretch by wriggling them up and down. Raise arms above head and reach upwards. First to right and then left, several times during the journey. Above all have a positive attitude and enjoy the scenery as the bus breezes past villages, cities, valleys and the forest and amazing stone formations. Notice the ever-changing vegetation and the different communities and their peculiar building etc. have fun.

What To Do When Your Bus Breaks, if possible join the driver to contact the transport companys head office & hear what they ask you to do. If nothing positive, ask for a rebate form & board another bus so as to arrive to your destination!

Security Tips For Women Traveling Alone:Study a map before going out; once on the street, use a pocket size guidebook to avoid looking like a tourist. Your hotel assistant can markany dangerous areas on your map.

Dress responsibly.Avoid jewelry, even a neck chain can be ripped off your neck. Do considerwearing a wedding ring.Wear a money belt around your waist so that if someone cuts it, it won't fall from your waist. Be careful when alighting from a bus or train, or riding stairs and elevators, that's when pickpockets tend to strike.Carry just one credit card and photocopies of important documents.Divide money for small and larger purchases. You don't have to expose a wad of bills.Have all gratuities ready for Potters and Doormen.If you must ask for directions, approach families or women with children. To be extra safe, say,"whereis the.? I'm meeting my husband there."On side walks, keep your hand bag and other valuables away from the street side. If you are attacked, shout as loud as possible.Use a clear name tag. Instead of your home address, write that of your office.Lock all suitcases. If you made a lotof purchases on your trip, secure the bag with a strong padlock and tape.

On every sleeper or night trips and flights, keep an eye on your valuable. When you go to the toilet, take your purse with you.Don't exit a taxi until you're sure you've arrived at your destination. Paywhile still in the car so that you can besure you've gotten the proper change.Finally, if you're a victim of crime, contact the police and keep the report. Insurance Company requires this documentation.

Do have a safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 5:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Egundare: Emphany, pls I'll be leaving to sokoto from ibadan precisely ojoo tomorrow. I hope we will meet in camp
definitely my friend.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 5:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Good-day peeps,

Network Services in Sokoto state

You can find amost all the network in Sokoto state and as usual, they mess-up,

Airtel -which i think is good
Glo - Which i'll say its better used in the north
MTN - Which i use and will say its about the worse but popular network even in Lagos where i reside.
Etisalat - Also good.

Camp Items

1 4 Documents(listed in 2-4) and 10 Photocopies of each
2 Call-up letter
3 Statement of Result/transcript
4 First degree certificates
5 School ID card
6 Passport photographs
Comments
You won't be allowed into camp premises without any of them.

Toiletries
Essentials

7 Toothbrush & Toothpaste
8 Bath soap & Sponge
9 Detergent & Bar Soap
10 Toilet Paper
11 Towel

Others

12 Sanitary Pads & Tampons
13 Shower Caps
14 Bleach
15 Disinfectants
16 Buckets & Bailer
17 Body Cream & Lotion

Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp but may be more expensive.

Clothing Items

18 White T-shirts
19 White Shorts
20 Whites tennis shoes
21 White socks
22 Underwear
23 Bed sheets
24 Perfumes/ body spray
25 Rubber slippers/flip flops
26 Combs and hair needs
27 Makeup & accessories

* You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
* Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 - 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Sunday and camp fire night.
* 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)

Other Recommended Items

28 Torch lights
29 Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
30 Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
31 Cloth hangers
32 Wrist watch
33 Padlocks and keys
34 Waist pouch
35 Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
36 Pegs/clips

37 Get a cheap watch. Every one uses a waist purse. Its your camp bestie. Most of these items can be easily bought in the camp so don't worry. If you cant get them before travelling.

Optional First Aid Items

38 Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
39 Band aids/plasters
40 Robb
41 Bandages
42 Cotton wool
43 Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
44 Anti-malaria pills
45 Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)

These aren't necessary except you have something to treat or known allergies

Miscellaneous

46 Camera & batteries
47 Writing pads and stationary
48 Novels/Books
49 Pillow
50 Games
51 Mp3/ iPod
52 Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
53 Surge protectors / extensions
54 Glue sticks & stapler

If you feel you can buy another Laptop after camp, then take your laptop along(just know you cant avoid camp thieves).
If you have an internet-enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends. You only need to be very vigilant and protective of your things. If you feel you need a bulletproof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what we mean, don't you?

55. MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
* Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as much as you can afford.
* Mirrors and forks are known to be contraband items in camp
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.

56. CONTRABANDS
Don't bring any material that has the NYSC logo on it, and don't go with any Nysc shirt, face cap...etc. You would be decamped if you do so.

Don't bring sharp objects like pocket knife to the camp.

Don't bring cooking utensils to camp. Eg pots, stove/gas cooker, plates...etc.

If I get more info, I will post them.

If you bought those khaki waist belt,keep it at home,you can use it after camp but nt in camp.

Wrist watch too,you may nt be allowed to wear it,depending on the camp though.

I heard of glass bottled perfumes too. They belv people can fight with it.

Electric appliances,fork and knife. Only spoon is allowed

CORPERS WE!! Kp it coming. Congrats to the outgoing batch b and incoming ones. You only serve once,so enjoy it.

PACK GO AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.

Cheers.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by blackdaimond: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2014
need to know if there's any one in camp
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Egundare(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Am at Jebba now going to Niger. The journey long oooooo
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by weezii(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
Left onitsha yesterday around 1:40pm (Ezenwata bus) and arrived Sokoto this morning by 7:30am precisely. The bus ran all through the night.

Please note, before you enter. Sokoto you'll be controlled by immigration asking you all to identify yourself with an ID card or your call up letter. Do not fear or be scared by their *wicked* looking faces. Just show them and you'll be allowed to continue the journey. Pack light and board ur bus on time. Also be prepared to have a slightly swollen leg/foot. As I experienced such.

Will be expecting you guys. Safe journey!
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Qasim19: 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Anybody travelling to sokoto 4rm ogun state here?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by jboy01(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
Presently in sokoto. Left minna around 7:30 am and reach sokoto around 6 o clock. I guess the NSTA bus is kind of slow. But I also wonda if any allocation do come to kebbi state because their road is very very bad.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by REDBUNNY(f): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
I will be going to sokoto tomorrow through onitsha. Anyone going there tomorrow too?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2014
This journey to sokoto is one hell of a journey, few good roads and plenty bad roads. Already in kebbi, got few hours left... grin grin
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
hello erry1.. whos at camp yet??
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Egundare(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Am in camp already, its a permanent camp and its lovely there is light and generator. People queue for water and the queue for registration is fustrating but today it will reduce a little.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 6:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Egundare: Am in camp already, its a permanent camp and its lovely there is light and generator. People queue for water and the queue for registration is fustrating but today it will reduce a little.
thanks plenty.. m enroute too
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hello fellow otondos, for the few days spent in camp, how has been the experience. For me the registration palaver was soo fuccin stressful. Hopin things get better cuz for now i'm nt feelin the vibe
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2014
pls jungle boot size 46 for exchange... smaller size needed
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2014
@otondos in /saukwatau/, sanu de zuwa(welcome) to d seat of the caliphate & one of d most peaceful & religious tolerant states in naija. I'm working here @UDUTH & i cn tel u my xperience here has been cute. Ofcus its nt a jivy or fun filled state(though thr ar dedicated funspots). I must say that the only thng that cld get u in trouble here is if u dnt 'respect' or u are derogatory abt the Islamic faith and worship(& i c no reasn y u shld), otherwise its 'lahia lau' (no wahala). The rains are still here buh in 2-3 mnths, we'd be xperiencing harsh weather cnditions. Do ur skin a favour, get an oil-base cream for d harmattan & long garments for the blazing sun which smtimes peak at 42degs. U cld also get a cream with an SPF of 60 or better with sunshades/fez cap 4d harsh sunny season. Lets nt talk abt fud, u'd get al u want here(including okazi leaves) @reasonable prices. Forget it, u'd love saukwatau.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Let me also add that u'd find alot of settlers here, lots and lots of them, esp if ur in sokoto town. Xo be rest assured, u'd fil at home if u want to. I shld also add that christainity thrives well here. Almost every church with a branch has a branch here.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Who is in platoon 2 here?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by weezii(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
We all met here on this forum and presumably we are all in sokoto camp here but we don't know one another. Could it be possible for us to meet?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Sije(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2014
am currently at d camp now,
name s Jonathan, am in platoon 1
place s grt.
but tiolet facilities s pretty bad
too many activities

will keep ya posted... but,
if ur a female in camp here n luv makin new frnds
well cal n me o8#64180085
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Sije(m): 9:32am On Aug 13, 2014
yeah
if ur yet to complete ur id registratn, today's deadlind.
currently
we @ d pavilion for some hausa language n oda lectures learning
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Egundare(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=weezii]We all met here on this forum and presumably we are all in sokoto camp here but we don't know one another. Could it be possible for us to meet?[/quote
Yes its possible. Am in platoom 1 and my nos is 611.]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Posted To NORTH, Cry Out Here / What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each / Corper Posted To Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.