Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? (2967 Views)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / Buratai With Emir Of Zazzau After The Attempted Assassination - Pics / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by ugopumping: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2014
Pressure Mounts In Nigeria As Fingers Point Towards Militant Leader in Assassination Attempt

One of Nigeria's Numerous Rebel Leaders Holding A Press Conference

By Robert Weinberg and Ngugi Msthativeli, CNN
updated 12:35 PM EDT, Wed July 30, 2014

Tension rose within Nigeria's Intelligence community between Northern Muslim Security Agents and their Southern Christian counterparts over preliminary findings that a vocal critic and self proclaimed Militant rebel leader from the country's Niger-Delta area, was behind the assassination attempt on the life of the leader of the main opposition party, Ret.Gen Muhammadu Buhari. There are suspicions that the Militant leader is being protected by the Presidency because he is from the same Ijaw tribe as President Goodluck Jonathan. Mr.Jonathan has since distanced himself from the attack and has reached out to Mr.Buhari and other Northern Political and religious leaders urging for peace and calm after the attack that took 82 lives.

Former Military Head of State and founding member of the main opposition party, Muhammadu Buhari, barely escaped death when his convoy was attacked by a suicide bomber. President Jonathan immediately sent a condolence message after the attack and has ordered a thorough investigation while also promising that no stone would be left unturned until the perpetrators "…and sons of devils trying to plunge Nigeria into turmoil are unraveled and brought to book" . Gen.Buhari, widely viewed as incorruptible, had--- two days before the attempt on his life--- written to the Presidency decrying the state of the nation and the endemic corruption ravaging it. He is a leading contender to fly the flag of the opposition party, and perhaps contest for the Presidency, in elections slated for late winter of 2015.

Nigeria, evenly divided between Muslims in the North and Christians in the South, has been ravage by a series of bombings that has claimed upwards of 10,000 lives. Official reports have linked these deadly incidents to the terrorist group Boko Ha'ram which is said to have links to Al Shabaab and Al Qaeda in Africa.

Requests for on the record interviews were declined, but a top Nigerian Intelligence Official who chose to remain anonymous told our correspondent that investigations were underway into the connection of the alleged assassination attempt of Mr.Buhari by the Militant warlord.

"It is true that we have found some evidence--financial and telephone text records-- linking the Rebel leader to the assassination attempt", he said. "Vigorous investigations are underway but for now we would like to keep everything secret so as not to intimate on our objectives and inflame the polity. The President has instructed us to prosecute anyone connected with this incident to the fullest extent of the law and we intend to do so in order to stop continued destabilization of the country". He declined to comment further.

Nigeria has been in the news lately over the kidnap of 231 school girls by the terrorist group. The girls are still missing and are assumed to have been sold into slavery.

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

4 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by konjakonja(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2014
K
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2014
You guys should stop all these useless rumours na, haba una nor dey tire? How is Buhari's life important than that of the ordinary man on the street? Besides we all know that Dokubo would not pay a dime to anybody if he wants Buhari dead!! Quote me anywhere. It's like saying Shekau paid someone money to kill for him... makes sense

And OP stop misleading people with a fake link. There is no such report like that on CNN's website, stop fanning the flames of hate.

17 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2014
"It is true that we have found some evidence--financial and telephone text records-- linking the Rebel leader to the assassination attempt", he said. "Vigorous investigations are underway but for now we would like to keep everything secret so as not to intimate on our objectives and inflame the polity. The President has instructed us to prosecute anyone connected to this incident to the fullest extent of the law and we intend to do so in order to stop continued
destabilization of the country". He declined to comment further.

A welcomed development!

8 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by danot1030: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Luk at his face In dat pix. I recommend he shuld be apprehended till shekau is arrested and clear him that he's not one of them cos to me he looks like shekeau twin brother.

10 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Ab2019(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2014
If this is true, then it is high time we Nigerian Youths take our time to analysing the situation at hand...
Southerns plan to kill Nothern's Elders, Notherners killing the Southerners...
what is the future of this country? what is the future of we Nigerian Youths
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by adook1: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2014
nigeria is finished,i believe something--truth will prevail

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Ttalk: 10:54am On Jul 30, 2014
This is a weighty allegation against this pompous pocket-fighter of Niger Delta, we need to unravel the perpetrators of these bombing and killing

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by vedaxcool(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2014
Gradually the reality behind bokoharam is coming to the suffer, secessionist have launched a massive war against Nigeria, first they tried to start a christian - muslim war, by bombing churches, it failed.

They tried wiping out the entire northern leadership through assassination it didn't work.

They tried creating chaos in the north by killing Buhari, it failed, the principal suspect immediately pointed fingers at Buhari for attempting to murder himself immediately he learnt his cross dressing assassin was nabbed by security.

Henry Okah, said he was instructed by the certain element call goatluck to blame oct 1 bombing the north, he refused! Yet goatluck insisted it wasn't militants in the ND who were behind the attacks.

This might be the turning point in the struggle against bokoharam, the truth eventually bubbles to the surface!

#arrestasarinow

12 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2014
some tales.....
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by orisameji: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2014
This man needs to died in jail. no wonder his mouth has not shot up since his plan fail.

9 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2014
Another source please! I seem not to find the news on CNN website.

4 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by ugopumping: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
Front page thinz
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:41am On Jul 30, 2014
ugopumping: Front page thinz
Paste a credible source if indeed it is true. Google always redirect me to this tread, Abi na you be the source?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by suwailad(f): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2014

if this ever makes front page without a credible source then i will just give up hope on nairaland. front page my azzzzzz

I just checked and theres no news like this anywhere online except nairaland and the fool linked it to CNN.
[size=15pt]
IF SEUN DOESNT WANT TO GET SLAMMED WITH DEFAMATION LAWSUIT, YOU BETTER DELETE THIS AND BAN THIS USER[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by kokoA(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2014
The OP is a liar.. There's no news like this on cnn website.
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Op u can lie, dere's no such news on cnn website
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by zemaye: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
vedaxcool: Gradually the reality behind bokoharam is coming to the suffer, secessionist have launched a massive war against Nigeria, first they tried to start a christian - muslim war, by bombing churches, it failed.

They tried wiping out the entire northern leadership through assassination it didn't work.

They tried creating chaos in the north by killing Buhari, it failed, the principal suspect immediately pointed fingers at Buhari for attempting to murder himself immediately he learnt his cross dressing assassin was nabbed by security.

Henry Okah, said he was instructed by the certain element call goatluck to blame oct 1 bombing the north, he refused! Yet goatluck insisted it wasn't militants in the ND who were behind the
attack

This might be the turning point in the struggle against bokoharam, the truth eventually bubbles to the surface!

#arrestasarinow

Awon olori NLA dem no dey read this ones o and if dem read dem no dey understand anything meaningful. Rubbish I smh for this our generation. If this breed of people of naira land is what is obtainable for real in this naija! Then therez God !

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
nairalanders cooking up false news since the days of Adam

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
MODS PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL AND DELETE THIS THREAD

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by shizzleStar: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
and the senseless propaganda continues
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by inteli: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
You want fake news on FP?! Did u check out d link? I tire 4 una . SMH embarassed
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
orisameji: This man needs to died in jail. no wonder his mouth has not shot up since his plan fail.
. Idiot get through wit ur ABC before u come here
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by atlwireles: 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
What else do you expect from APC propaganda machine. Fake monikers, impersonations, some even write all Nigerian languages just to cause mischief. Nevertheless, Asari is not worried about any kind of investigation, CIA, FBI, KGB, DIA, SSS are free to open their investigations regarding any aspects of his life. Like always you people will come up empty. Just ask Obj, he tried and failed woefully.
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
muslim on muslim crime is no concern of mine.
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by vedaxcool(m): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
zemaye:

Awon olori NLA dem no dey read this ones o and if dem read dem no dey understand anything meaningful. Rubbish I smh for this our generation. If this breed of people of naira land is what is obtainable for real in this naija! Then therez God !

my prayer is always that nigerians shouldn't be like nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Safari29: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
fake sos
op why u are like this na
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Whatever it is, this guy needs to be cautioned because he has been running his mouth with so much guts like a major principal of Nigeria's security outfits

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good move... Investigate him. We Must fish out the criminals among us.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by jared007: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
vedaxcool: Gradually the reality behind bokoharam is coming to the suffer, secessionist have launched a massive war against Nigeria, first they tried to start a christian - muslim war, by bombing churches, it failed.

Henry Okah, said he was instructed by the certain element call goatluck to blame oct 1 bombing the north, he refused! Yet goatluck insisted it wasn't militants in the ND who were behind the attacks.

#arrestasarinow
I strongly believe dokubo asari has links with d american CIA! If asari turns out guilty, it means IBB would also be guilty! REMEMBER ASARI IS A TRAINED WESTERN TERRORIST!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by tit(f): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
jared007: I strongly believe dokubo asari has links with d american CIA! If asari turns out guilty, it means IBB would also be guilty! REMEMBER ASARI IS A TRAINED WESTERN TERRORIST!

yes! that is why kerry is saying Boko Haram has won the war!
They have rigged this fighting to kill all the moslim ummah!
Re: Dokubo Under Investigation By Presidency Over Attempted Assassination Of Buhari? by koboko69: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
suwailad:

if this ever makes front page without a credible source then i will just give up hope on nairaland. front page my azzzzzz

I just checked and theres no news like this anywhere online except nairaland and the fool linked it to CNN.
[size=15pt]
IF SEUN DOESNT WANT TO GET SLAMMED WITH DEFAMATION LAWSUIT, YOU BETTER DELETE THIS AND BAN THIS USER[/size]

Shut up! Did you say the same about all the threads defaming Buhari and other APC chieftains. Before the attack on NL seun moved a thread about a press statement by an APC chieftain to FP without a link. I raised the alarm but he kept hiding my threads and posts about it. You goons were on rampage on that particular thread. Why are u crying an ocean here?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State Legacy Projects: Sector By Sector / The Lion Of Bourdillion (bola Ahmed Tinubu) / Fg Wants American Security Forces Out Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.