Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. (951 Views)

How Can I Search A Record In SQL Database? / SQL Database Repair / How To Connect Vb.net Windows Application To Php And My Sql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by ikequan(m): 10:58am On Jul 30, 2014
Hello Pals, greeting from Ghana, I am currently working on an evoucher system for a restaurant with 4 branches. The concept of the system is that, vouches with unique pin numbers will printed and sold to customer who can then use at any of the 4 branches therefore to get the system working properly there should be a centralized database where all the branches will retrieve data from and here lies my the problem. I want a secured way to link all systems at the 4 branches to one database. I seriously need your suggestions. my programming in JAVA and my database is Mysql .Thanks in advance

Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by spikesC(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2014
Why don't you develop an Api layer instead of connecting directly to the database.
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by ikequan(m): 11:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Pls these my first project in networked applications. some pls help me some api layer example links and code or details explanation. Thank for you
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by spikesC(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
ikequan: Pls these my first project in networked applications. some pls help me some api layer example links and code or details explanation. Thank for you

A web based api. Example is facebook, twitter api. Infact almost all websites have it.
To make it easier for you, you just develop a REST api, pass in the voucher code as a GET or POST variable, and return a response such as VALID, INVALID, USED etc.

Another good thing here is that you can even integrate the api in other peoples' website without the need of giving them your database access credentials, which is a security risk.

Check out how bulk sms website api works. It is the simplest form of the REST api
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by olyjosh(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
I agree with Spikec. You need to learn more on web-services concepts - Publishing and consuming a RESTFUL or SOAP webservices. But I prefer RESTFUL and you will need the knowledge of json or xml to do these.
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by ikequan(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
ok Thanks very much. i did some research on google and cam across some rest api in php...now my problem is consuming the php web service in java. Can pls share code example with me.
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by spikesC(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't know java embarassed

But basically, use curl

1 Like

Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by asalimpo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
ikequan:
Pls these my first project in networked applications. some pls help me some api layer example links and code or details explanation. Thank for you
how did u convince them to hand u a major job like for which u are inexperienced?
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by olyjosh(m): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
asalimpo:
how did u convince them to hand u a major job like for which u are inexperienced?

Forget about inexperience bro. At no point can you acquire all experience in any field.

@Ikequan, Is your "rest api in php" publishing json or xml?
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by ikequan(m): 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
It is publishing in json
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by olyjosh(m): 6:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Sorry for my late response, I was on long journey to so somewhere. However, the steps here is
-query the api using Http connections stuff and get your response from such api
-Take the return InputStream or text
-Collect them as Collection. Preferably Hashtable.
-Then you can reference each layer(dept) of the json data using the Hashtable key.

Look like I'm speaking Hausa? Then send me the sample api, the data you want me to extract(consume) from it, so I can send you a source

Should in case you wana publish a json then you will need libraries that does that in java. Check out https://code.google.com/p/google-gson and the guide there too.
Re: Need Suggestions On Secure Remote Sql Database Access. by ikequan(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
@olyjosh sorry for late reply i was also on a long journey from Accra to Kumasi(all in Ghana). i really appreciate your concern, will research around your answer. Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Own Real-time Like Button Using ASP.NET MVC, Jquery, And Signal / 14 Year Old Ahmed Arrested For Bringing A Homemade Clock To School / How To Complete Your Facebook Friends In Two Weeks.(migrate To Facebook Famous)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.