Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity (10557 Views)

American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft / The Genesis Of The Crisis Of Terrorism In Nigeria / Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by T9ksy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Adelaide2: ^^^^
[b]If Fulani can do it, Igbos can do it too. [/b]After all, Yoruba land is for the taking. Hehehehe!!!! Runs for cover

@ bolded.............................Yes ke!!!

No point running for cover, na..................................JUST DO IT!!!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Energito11: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
You be ezi.
haitto99: you be real igbo goat(ewu)
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Adelaide2: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
T9ksy:

@ bolded.............................Yes ke!!!

No point running for cover, na..................................JUST DO IT!!!

Hehehe. Ilorin treatment for Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
KOBOJO: The way and manner the Fulanis conquered kwara state is what beats my imagination till date !!

Fulanis enthroned an Emir and a reigning oba was deposed and banished from his kingdom yet his *ubjects and people (yorubas) didn't even cough.

The situation isnt better in 2014 as same people are still political salves to fulanis !!

Stop being foolish, there was no oba in Ilorin.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by lekkie073(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Illorin belongs to the Caliphate and it is an historical symbol of the master and slave relationship between the Fulanis and yororbas spiritually,militarily and politically to this day....full stop.

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
Aigbofa:

You will need to physically remove some brains and implant another one before some of them can think properly.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Livingstone123(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
hahahaha....Igbos are having a field day here ...ENJOY JARE

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Livingstone123(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
OlaJohnson1:
.pls help me my brain has been hacked.
..sorry go get anti virus...

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by KOBOJO: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
OlaJohnson1:

EBOla johnson...,i hope na only you waka come oo.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Livingstone123: ..sorry go get anti virus...
Is this all you could do?
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by T9ksy(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Adelaide2:

Hehehe. Ilorin treatment for Lagos

Bring it on....don't forget Lagos is a long way from nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Wily2wily: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2014
T9ksy:

Bring it on....don't forget Lagos is a long way from nnewi.
As I said earlier, lagos is a free gift to Igbos from Nigeria, the take over is gradual but steady, they have made you the more u look the less you see, deal with it.

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:03am On Jul 31, 2014
GuyFawkes:
And who was the reigning oba that was deposed if I may ask?

the former governor before saraki (muhammad something) enthroned a yoruba oba in ilorin during his tenure, but bukola saraki dethroned the yoruba oba when he (bukola) became governor. I guess bukola prefers the status quo of slavery to fulani.

6 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:18am On Jul 31, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Does the emir of Ilorin "Rule" ? Or does any traditional ruler in Nigeria today actually rule over the people?like many modern day monarchies they are all ceremonial tools and vestiges of a bygone era.Last time I checked they can be sacked by the governor of the state of which ilorin falls under Kwara.

let us not cover up our goof bro. We goofed big time. Our forefathers goofed big time. Alaafin and Afonja were too short sighted to see into the future. Afonja came back to himself, but Alaafin was too proud to see beyond his nose. If he had known a day like this would come, he would have helped Afonja to chase out the fulani and am certain Afonja would have accepted Alaafin as his lord afterwards. But ikúbàbáyèyé was only interested in flexing ego. I don't know if there is something yoruba land can do about this.

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:23am On Jul 31, 2014
Adelaide2: ^^^^
If Fulani can do it, Igbos can do it too. After all, Yoruba land is for the taking. Hehehehe!!!! Runs for cover

especially since biafra is too hostile a place to reside; no thanks to 10-storey-deep gully and blood thisty witches, wizards and ogbanje. What better place to run for safety before your witch step mother kills you if not the safe haven and non-violent yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:29am On Jul 31, 2014
rash47: Op, subhuha robikka yati amo....... You should get me. Ati gba kamu ni ilorin

if you are a yoruba descendant of ilorin, then shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:31am On Jul 31, 2014
Edmanpumpin: That name Afonja is today synonymous with Ahmed tinubu. Surely, the day will come when the silly rag wrapped on the fulani called emir will be burn't and some afonja descendant will be crowned an Oba as Onilorin of Ilorin. Till then, ilorins should endure the slave turned kings who decieved you with a foriegn religion named islam which you forgo for you indegenous gods. E nle fa!!!!!

do you think such a day will ever come?
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:37am On Jul 31, 2014
0rlando0woh: The cowards will avoid this thread like a plague.
ilorin could have been one of the biggest Yoruba cities, such a shame!

eastern cities would have been better than lagos, but witches and gullies will not allow them to stay at home and build their cities. What a shame!!!
They now resort to building another man's land until the owner sends them parking. That will be a bigger shame!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 1:38am On Jul 31, 2014
Exactly what hv been wondering.

An idoma guy once insulted me with that, saying Ilorin is a Yoruba land and an emir is ruling
I brooded over it and found truth in it. But my Ilorin room mate wud Neva Agree...... Always claiming "shehu Alimi! Shehu Alimi! She hu
alimi!!!".

I was even thinking on asking about it from Ilorin friends but it seems I better not ask, cos a ruler disowning his Yoruba name??.??.??.

Its pathetic and hez a b.ast@rd

It hurts me deeply when I hear Emir of Ilorin when I ought to be hearing Afonja of Ilorin. But its crystal clear that the Ilorins themselves aint ready for any change.

This is part of the reason I hate anybody referring to me as Ilorin boy.
The fact that am from Kwara does not make me Ilorin guy.

I always claim "Kwara Southerner".......yes!!!!!

That's what I am.....am no Ilorin and Alhamdulilah am not.

7 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:42am On Jul 31, 2014
Ziluxga: Yes when a foolish tribe think they are wise, sitting on the fence all the time trying to catch in on other people's blunder to perpetually enrich themselves, it's always good u laugh at their stupidity, Because fence sitting is not wisdom but cowardice.

you are right. It is as stupid as when another tribe travels over 200 miles from his father's grave to do bisineesi and then disillusioned themselves that the foreign land belong to them.

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 1:43am On Jul 31, 2014
tonytony208:

let us not cover up our goof bro. We goofed big time. Our forefathers goofed big time. Alaafin and Afonja were too short sighted to see into the future. Afonja came back to himself, but Alaafin was too proud to see beyond his nose. If he had known a day like this would come, he would have helped Afonja to chase out the fulani and am certain Afonja would have accepted Alaafin as his lord afterwards. But ikúbàbáyèyé was only interested in flexing ego. I don't know if there is something yoruba land can do about this.

Yes!!!

I always hope so, its very very bad you know!
But those niggas are blind.

Shiiit happens you know....

But till I hear not Afonja or Oba of Ilorin....I will never accept being tagged Ilorin....no matter how developed they are.

#proudkwarasoutherner

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:46am On Jul 31, 2014
OlaJohnson1:

there was. He was dethroned by bukola saraki.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Gboliwe: 1:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Very interesting and enlightening
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 1:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Wily2wily:
As I said earlier, lagos is a free gift to Igbos from Nigeria, the take over is gradual but steady, they have made you the more u look the less you see, deal with it.

why are you pple so obsessed with lagos? Is it that your cities in east are so bad, so poor and so un-progressive? Or is it part of the symptoms of inferiority complex you inherited 44 years ago due DOA biafra struggle? I mean how can a pple be so obssessed as if their tribe will go into extinction if lagos is taken from them?

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 2:03am On Jul 31, 2014
barackodam: Exactly what hv been wondering.

An idoma guy once insulted me with that, saying Ilorin is a Yoruba land and an emir is ruling
I brooded over it and found truth in it. But my Ilorin room mate wud Neva Agree...... Always claiming "shehu Alimi! Shehu Alimi! She hu
alimi!!!".

I was even thinking on asking about it from Ilorin friends but it seems I better not ask, cos a ruler disowning his Yoruba name??.??.??.

Its pathetic and hez a b.ast@rd

It hurts me deeply when I hear Emir of Ilorin when I ought to be hearing Afonja of Ilorin. But its crystal clear that the Ilorins themselves aint ready for any change.

This is part of the reason I hate anybody referring to me as Ilorin boy.
The fact that am from Kwara does not make me Ilorin guy.

I always claim "Kwara Southerner".......yes!!!!!

That's what I am.....am no Ilorin and Alhamdulilah am not.

not so fast! Don't deny your home. Work towards a change. You have history to back you up. One of the best ways to start is to form Afonja Descendant Union (if it is not in existence already). Believe me, a million and one positive things can come out of that.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 2:08am On Jul 31, 2014
Am not from there.

And besides those dudes are happy like that.....u did se

Read what their monarchs do.
Denounce their Yoruba name.

My brother, its a pity.

You did see one of them here also.

God knows
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 2:14am On Jul 31, 2014
Kokozain ur humble opinion pls
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Ahuitzotl: 3:17am On Jul 31, 2014
Noneroone: When back stabber jam back stabber, the weaker one will bow.
Lwkmd...Afonja don jam tipper wey carry sand...

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by emiye(m): 4:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Emir of Ilorin is now purely ceremonial, this is no longer 19th century, A kwara state governor can install an Afonja of ilorin, and gradually make the emir more irrelevant, he can even be deposed by the state governor.... Much ado about nothing

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bilms(m): 4:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by GuyFawkes: 7:02am On Jul 31, 2014
tonytony208:

the former governor before saraki (muhammad something) enthroned a yoruba oba in ilorin during his tenure, but bukola saraki dethroned the yoruba oba when he (bukola) became governor. I guess bukola prefers the status quo of slavery to fulani.

I agree with you bro,I don't understand Bukola Saraki's gameplan,is he scared of the fulani hegemony?well I think like his father sola they prefer to stick with the north central instead of south west cos it gives them a sort of leverage.

The Saraki's are not actually indigenes of kwara or ilorin itself and one must wonder how they've successfully kept the issue under the lid,although a good number of people are aware but aren't making a fuss about it probably because the Saraki's are playing the Yoruba-Fulani balancing act pretty well
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2014
GuyFawkes:

I agree with you bro,I don't understand Bukola Saraki's gameplan,is he scared of the fulani hegemony? well I think like his father sola they prefer to stick with the [size=20]north central[/size] instead of south west cos it gives them a sort of leverage.

The Saraki's are not actually indigenes of kwara or ilorin itself and one must wonder how they've successfully kept the issue under the lid,although a good number of people are aware but aren't making a fuss about it probably because the Saraki's are playing the Yoruba-Fulani balancing act pretty well

Gosh!!!!!

I hate that feeling, worst of All being called a northerner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno Govt Gave Kidnapped Chibok Parents 100,000 Naira Each / BREAKING: An Igbo Man Wins Again As The President Of Gabon / Diezani Planning To Escape Trial In UK – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.