Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,799,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... (3883 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
eighTHREAD: I just pity for the unsuspecting ladies that pay attention to the nonsense they spew.

Dont mind them.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
onirugbon1:

No it is not by nomenclature. The woman can also be the head of the house if the husband is dead, handicapped, deformed or by mutual agreement. But according to our culture a man is the one who holds that responsibility.

A setting where the woman is the head and the able bodied man submits to her is regarded as abnormal in our society.
...and can be chaotic.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
let's not confuse liberty with irresponsibility.
There's no deception in the word liberty or democracy.
The key is that as long your action doesn't cause harm to the next person,you're at liberty to be yourself.
People who are under the control of others all the time tend to develop stunted IQs
Scientifically proven.
So please don't say that stuff you did about democracy ever again.

Now to the topic.

every married person took a vow to be there for their spouse and kids.
so knowing your duty to them and doing it accordingly ahouldn't negotiated.

on a normal day,everyone should have liberty to do what they wish with their time,but when married,your time doesn't belong to you alone anymore.it is a vow you took VOLUNTARILY. Hence withdrawing will result in direct effect on your family. as long as such vows remain solid,you're required to hold your own end of the contract.

using a house wife(who's first role here is homekeeping) as example: negligence to care for your family because you'd rather be out at a party under the guise of liberty,is plain irresponsibility.

but let's look at the real liberty I'm talking about. with another simple example.
a wife wants to go back to school to study law. but hubby refuses because he feels once she's gotten a law degree,she won't call him 'master' anymore.
never mind that his refusal wasn't because he had her best interest at heart but because he's only out to service his own ego.
My question such a guy would be:
Are you dictating for your partner because you love her and your kids so much and your decisions are unarguably what's best For the WHOLE family or are you dictating because it has to be YOUR way?

Those two are just examples with variations in each case.

Only a confused person will misunderstand liberty to mean reckless behaviour without consideration for their loved ones.
And only a control freak will have problems with the word liberty when mentioned in the same sentence with their partner.

That's why I wanted this OP to explain what he meant by 'seeking liberty' and he was busy beating about the bush undecided undecided

5minsmadness:
Liberty brings chaos.
Liberty, like democracy, is a deceptive word. Liberty tells you that you are free to make your own choices, that weare all equal, that there is no leader, no captain no head.
There is no law and order.
This is a recipe for disaster.
God almighty is not Democratic.
He makes laws and if you disobey them you will be punished, just as if you obey them you will be rewarded.
The kind of 'liberty' feminism is trying to bring will only lead to the destruction of the family unit. This has already begun in the Western civilizations.
The children are the worst hit. And you know a poorly brought up child will be a badly behaved and irresponsible adult.

The liberty you seek is a false Paradise that will lead ultimately to destruction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
What a whole lot of bullcrap all in one thread.

5 Likes

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by 5minsmadness: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy: lets not confuse liberty with irresponsibility.
There's no deception in the word liberty or democracy.
The key is that as long your action doesn't cause harm to the next person,you're at liberty to be yourself.
People who are under the control of others all the time tend to develop stunted IQs
Scientifically proven.
So please don't say that stuff you did about democracy ever again.
How did you deduce the above statement from what I said about democracy
Are you saying every worker under the control of his boss is going to develop a stunted IQ? Or every student under his teacher is going to develop stunted IQ? What do you mean? Pls that statement only holds for prisoners of war or brainwashing and has nothing to do with the topic.

Now to the topic.

every married person took a vow to be there for their spouse and kids.
so knowing your duty to them and doing it according shouldn't be negotiated.
Beautiful statement. Now it is the duty part that we as anti-feminists are worried about. You women have been taught overtime to hate your wifely role in the family. Cooking for the family, cleaning the house, etc has been slowly painted to be seen as derogatory work, but the truth is someone has to do it. Someone has to keep the house in order. And there is no shame as a woman in doing so. A woman should not be ashamed to say she washes her husbands clothes or prepares his meals or takes care of the children while he is away or cooks in the kitchen. All these are but a few points feminists have trained their female me members to cringe at, to view as degrading. Honest work is now a sign of inequality. Too bad.

on a normal day,everyone should have liberty to do what they wish with their time,but when married,your time doesn't belong to you alone anymore.it is a vow you took VOLUNTARILY. Hence withdrawing will result in direct effect on your family. as long as such vows remain solid,you're required to hold your own end of the contract.
Fully agree with this. Work in marriage is shared out. Responsibility is shared. Every work is important and every member should take pride in that work whether it is bringing the meat home(husband) or cooking it(wife). Once you upset this natural balance, there WILL be discord.

but let's look at the real liberty I'm talking about. with another simple example.
a wife wants to go back to school to study law. but hubby refuses because he feels once she's gotten a law degree,she won't call him 'master' anymore.
never mind that his refusal wasn't because he had her best interest at heart but because he's only out to service his own ego.
Was she calling him 'master' before? SMH at women and their theatrics. Its a simple case of knowing the man you VOLUNTARILY married. If you cannot discuss with him in an adult manner and let him see the benefit of your becoming a lawyer it is either there is something wrong with you(selfish, untrustworthy) or something wrong with your husband(insecure, untrusting). It has nothing to do with who remains the head of the house. That's why its good to marry someone whose aims and objectives in life you agree with.
If I may ask, if you played the above same scenario with your own husband would he react like the man above? And if not, why? There you have your answer.

Those two are just examples with variations in each case.

Only a confused person will misunderstand liberty to mean reckless behaviour without consideration for their loved ones.
Giving liberty to your children to do what they like is reckless. Giving liberty to a teenager because the western world said we should knowing well that they statistically endanger their lives more than any other age group is reckless. Giving liberty to each partner to 'do whatever they like' in the name of equality, is reckless.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Beautiful statement. Now it is the duty part that we as anti-feminists are worried about. You women have been taught overtime to hate your wifely role in the family. Cooking for the family, cleaning the house, etc has been slowly painted to be seen as derogatory work, but the truth is someone has to do it. Someone has to keep the house in order. And there is no shame as a woman in doing so. A woman should not be ashamed to say she washes her husbands clothes or prepares his meals or takes care of the children while he is away or cooks in the kitchen. All these are but a few points feminists have trained their female me members to cringe at, to view as degrading. Honest work is now a sign of inequality. Too bad.

I don't have much to say,but that statement above is the Nigerian man's interpretation.
It is not true.
It is lame
And is mundane.
But you can go on believing it if it makes your fight against feminism go further smiley
Not interested in trying to prove to you that it is wrong as I won't succeed.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
@OP:

You compare a husband-wife relationship to mother-child's?

It is well

5 Likes

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
bukatyne: @OP:

You compare a husband-wife relationship to mother-child's?

It is well

yes, cos that's the next relationship to be shattered by these rebellious spirits.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Daresh(f): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
xx
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Daresh(f): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Sorry I had to delete my post. Just saw youre picture and realised "na small pickin dey worry you"

3 Likes

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 1:09am On Jul 31, 2014
embarassed I should have looked first too.
I guess that's what I should be doing henceforth
To save energy trying to explain things to heady teenagers.
Daresh: Sorry I had to delete my post. Just saw youre picture and realised "na small pickin dey worry you"

3 Likes

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Cococandy.... Always beneficial to define words

Liberty has no limits..however there is an alternate definition which comes with limits..
Now I ask you who determines these limits...

Society? Personal? Gender roles ?..

http://i.word.com/idictionary/liberty

Liberty
1 : the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases b : freedom from physical restraint c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges e : the power of choice 2 a : a right or immunity enjoyed by prescription or by grant : privilege b : permission especially to go freely within specified limits 3 : an action going beyond normal limits: as a : a breach of etiquette or propriety
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: embarassed I should have looked first too.
I guess that's what I should be doing henceforth
To save energy trying to explain things to heady teenagers.
Daresh: Sorry I had to delete my post. Just saw youre picture and realised "na small pickin dey worry you"
^^^two childish bunch. You equate the fact that am handsome and look way younger than my age to me being a kid just to shy away from holding a meaningful debate with me cos you had no more point. I should have known the theatrics of feminists on NL- they look for excuses when they see equations aint going their way. Same way they seek divorce to little marital issues after kicking off good guys and ending with a bad boy(cococandy's profile pic shows the kind of guys they love) just cos he had money dangling from his anus...when beating and bashing comes as expected from an animal, they rush to the internet trying to misadvice unsuspecting ladies to toe their part of foolishness. If you can't obey Gods order on submission, then it's best you don't get married cos it's an institution formed by him...and don't go about trying to cajole the obedient ones cos guys like me will be around to block your demonic moves. My friends, before you judge, consider the fact that I might be way older than you or perhaps you want me to keep my beards before you know that. I guess you'll easily respect a teanager with rick ross kind of beards to the extent of prostrating to him. Maybe you'll rather have me looking old and disgruntled. Have a good day

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 8:05am On Jul 31, 2014
Did you read my post?

Which categorically states that when you're married,you have to consider your loved ones despite your personal liberty because you vowed to do so.

As against reckless free will.

And the other example I gave where a person is not allowed to be themselves or express their prefernces because of imposition from the other person and not necessarily because it has anything to do with the family welfare.

You should be giving that definition to the OP because that my post just about summarizes the definition.
pickabeau1: Cococandy.... Always beneficial to define words

Liberty has no limits..however there is an alternate definition which comes with limits..
Now I ask you who determines these limits...

Society? Personal? Gender roles ?..

http://i.word.com/idictionary/liberty

Liberty
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 8:29am On Jul 31, 2014
I read your post and you defined liberty as you saw fit. you asked what is wrong with liberty

All i did post was the official meaning and i asked you who determines the limits. I have seen your later post where you qualified liberty

That's a confusing answer.
What's wrong with liberty?
That's all I asked

cococandy: Did you read my post?

Which categorically states that when you're married,you have to consider your loved ones despite your personal liberty because you vowed to do so.

As against reckless free will.

And the other example I gave where a person is not allowed to be themselves or express their prefernces because of imposition from the other person and not necessarily because it has anything to do with the family welfare.

You should be giving that definition to the OP because that my post just about summarizes the definition.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2014
Meaning you understaood I don't see abandoning ones responsibilities as liberty?
Good.
So help the young OP understand which liberty he's talking about. Because he doesn't seem to know.
pickabeau1: I read your post and you defined liberty as you saw fit. you asked what is wrong with liberty

All i did post was the official meaning and i asked you who determines the limits. I have seen your later post where you qualified liberty

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 8:36am On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: Meaning you understaood I don't see abandoning ones responsibilities as liberty?
Good.
So help the young OP understand which liberty he's talking about. Because he doesn't seem to know.

You have qualifed your own definition subject to some principles
The first definition has no such

Thats the problem with English grin

Same word has different contexts

the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases b : freedom from physical restraint c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges e : the power of choice
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2014
And the first definition has 'within limits' in there didn't it?

There's nothing confusing about it.
pickabeau1:

You have qualifed your own definition subject to some principles
The first definition has no such

Thats the problem with English grin

Same word has different contexts

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: And the first definition has 'within limits' in there didn't it?

There's nothing confusing about it.

I saw no limits within the first definition,.. the second one has...
I even requoted it and you are still debating...
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2014
There's no debate.
Is liberty a bad thing? Like the OP is saying?
If you say yes,then I've nothing more to say to you.

But I suspect like him you might be thinking liberty is ok for some set of people and bad for others.
pickabeau1:

I saw no limits within the first definition,.. the second one has...
I even requoted it and you are still debating...
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by pickabeau1: 8:55am On Jul 31, 2014
You are free to make assumptions.. you could have also asked..

Liberty? I dont think the first definition is wholesome.. the second yes..

Which definition are you referring to

cococandy: There's no debate.
Is liberty a bad thing? Like the OP is saying?
If you say yes,then I've nothing more to say to you.

But I suspect like him you might be thinking liberty is ok for some set of people and bad for others.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2014
the only thing i can pick here is that life remains same for a man after marriage but everything changes for the woman. No problem. continue.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: Meaning you understaood I don't see abandoning ones responsibilities as liberty?
Good.
you keep saying young OP...young OP...even after I clearified myself on a post which you prefer rather to ignore cos it stinks of truth. Well, madam old mama youngie, I wonder why an old woman would have as her profile picture, a man with muscles and six-packs, showing she still has childish fantasies. Perhaps you are still young but claiming matured. Well, keep it up...keep losting after a man that has nothing else to with his time but how to build six-packs just to make himself sexually appealing to ladies. When he ends up getting snatched from the marriage with, don't come here crying fowl. For one last time, am not young...might even be older than you. Are you married?

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: you keep saying young OP...young OP...even after I clearified myself on a post which you prefer rather to ignore cos it stinks of truth. Well, madam old mama youngie, I wonder why an old woman would have as her profile picture, a man with muscles and six-packs, showing she still has childish fantasies. Perhaps you are still young but claiming matured. Well, keep it up...keep losting after a man that has nothing else to with his time but how to build six-packs just to make himself sexually appealing to ladies. When he ends up getting snatched from the marriage with, don't come here crying fowl. For one last time, am not young...might even be older than you. Are you married?
Are you an OLD man? How old are you? Like 90 years? If yes, then truly you are not a young OP. undecided

one thing i can pick from this your post is that you don't have a ''six-packs''. In fact you don't have any pack. No wonder the hating of and obsession with cococandy's profile picture.

Stop arguing about how old you are. if truly you are what you say you are, then you don't need all the paparazzi. fowl ko, turkey ni
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Daresh(f): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: ^^^two childish bunch. You equate the fact that am handsome and look way younger than my age to me being a kid just to shy away from holding a meaningful debate with me cos you had no more point. I should have known the theatrics of feminists on NL- they look for excuses when they see equations aint going their way. Same way they seek divorce to little marital issues after kicking off good guys and ending with a bad boy(cococandy's profile pic shows the kind of guys they love) just cos he had money dangling from his anus...when beating and bashing comes as expected from an animal, they rush to the internet trying to misadvice unsuspecting ladies to toe their part of foolishness. If you can't obey Gods order on submission, then it's best you don't get married cos it's an institution formed by him...and don't go about trying to cajole the obedient ones cos guys like me will be around to block your demonic moves. My friends, before you judge, consider the fact that I might be way older than you or perhaps you want me to keep my beards before you know that. I guess you'll easily respect a teanager with rick ross kind of beards to the extent of prostrating to him. Maybe you'll rather have me looking old and disgruntled. Have a good day

If I say small pickin dey worry you, you go dey vex. If you want to marry a submissive woman to lick your boots and say "yes massa" to you then it's your cup of tea. Me I no fit. My Papa tell me " You are smarter than any man" and I believe him.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Godmystrength: Are you an OLD man? How old are you? Like 90 years? If yes, then truly you are not a young OP. undecided

one thing i can pick from this your post is that you don't have a ''six-packs''. In fact you don't have any pack. No wonder the hating of and obsession with cococandy's profile picture.

Stop arguing about how old you are. if truly you are what you say you are, then you don't need all the paparazzi.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I like you. Am not an old man but she keeps making it seem like am too young to contribute to a matter like this. As for six-packs, I don't have cos I feel it makes no sense having one since I won't be going about without a shirt on for the world to know. Besides, what value does it add? Remember, guys at tincan island offloading goods from containers have more six-packs than you can think of, does that make them better than other humans, especially CEOs? I don't have six-pack but if am to post the full picture I used as profile pic, you'll realise I've got a nice physique with well shaped chest, I just need to work the packs out which I consider a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Daresh:

If I say small pickin dey worry you, you go dey vex. If you want to marry a submissive woman to lick your boots and say "yes massa" to you then it's your cup of tea. Me I no fit. My Papa tell me " You are smarter than any man" and I believe him.
if me sef say small girl sense dey worry you, you go binu! If your father wants you to marry a wussy, why go about trying to make every other lady do thesame? Abi na your papa born them? Na people like you dey over-submissive pass in reality. What do you have that makes you smarter than any man? Ok, you are oprah.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by cococandy(f): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok no vex.
smiley

BTW being young isn't a bad thing enjoy your youth now that you have it.
You look 16 lol cheesy
If you're older than that,then you should take it as a compliment. Many people want to look younger than they are.
eighTHREAD: you keep saying young OP...young OP...even after I clearified myself on a post which you prefer rather to ignore cos it stinks of truth. Well, madam old mama youngie, I wonder why an old woman would have as her profile picture, a man with muscles and six-packs, showing she still has childish fantasies. Perhaps you are still young but claiming matured. Well, keep it up...keep losting after a man that has nothing else to with his time but how to build six-packs just to make himself sexually appealing to ladies. When he ends up getting snatched from the marriage with, don't come here crying fowl. For one last time, am not young...might even be older than you. Are you married?
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: Ok no vex.
smiley

BTW being young isn't a bad thing enjoy your youth now that you have it.
You look 16 lol cheesy
If you're older than that,then you should take it as a compliment. Many people want to look younger than they are.
am way older than that, so I take It as a compliment cool
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Daresh(f): 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: if me sef say small girl sense dey worry you, you go binu! If your father wants you to marry a wussy, why go about trying to make every other lady do thesame? Abi na your papa born them? Na people like you dey over-submissive pass in reality. What do you have that makes you smarter than any man? Ok, you are oprah.

Ok let me ask you this, what do you feel a submissive woman should do? What are her duties as a wife. An what are here rights? I read somethings about liberties, what liberties should she have and what should be taken away from her? Let us break it down one by one.
Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Daresh:

Ok let me ask you this, what do you feel a submissive woman should do? What are her duties as a wife. An what are here rights? I read somethings about liberties, what liberties should she have and what should be taken away from her? Let us break it down one by one.
obey and trust the right decisions of her husband. Duty goes with gender roles and also supporting the family. Her rights are to be loved by her husband, not to be cheated and abused etc. As for liberty, I don't think she needs any as the word liberty can be misunderstood unless you want to give me an instance. I think she should conform to the kind of liberty marriage brings and that which it restricts.

1 Like

Re: Feminists: If Your Children Don't Want To Submit To You... by Godmystrength: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: obey and trust the right decisions of her husband. Duty goes with gender roles and also supporting the family. Her rights are to be loved by her husband, not to be cheated and abused etc. As for liberty, I don't think she needs any as the word liberty can be misunderstood unless you want to give me an instance. I think she should conform to the kind of liberty marriage brings and that which it restricts.
So what happens to the wrong decisions? disobey them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

R231 Is Fortyfied, Hurray!!! / What Will Replace Cds, After Its Passing Away! / Funny Pictures Of Fathers And Babies (David Beckham and others)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.