Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self (1479 Views)

Borno: Child Suicide Bomber Kills Self, Others In Benisheikh / Police Inspector Visits Brothel, Loses Ammunition / Meet Solomon Aranse, Police Inspector General (Acting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
A police Inspector, identified as
Sunday Mefo, attached to the Patrol
and Guard (P&G) Unit of the Aba
Central Police Station (CPS) in Abia
State command, on Tuesday
accidentally shot himself dead.
According to a police source who
pleaded anonymity, unfortunate
incident occurred at about 10p.m as
Mefo tried to check the working
condition of an AK 47 rifle, which he
was to use for night duty.
The source said the deceased had
allegedly pulled the trigger of the gun
and in the process, one of the bullets
in the cache accidentally went off and
hit him in the leg.
Mefo was reportedly rushed to a
nearby hospital for medical attention.
“But unfortunately, he gave up the
ghost in the early our of yesterday
morning, the source hinted.
The state Police Public Relations
Officer (PPRO), Geoffrey Ogbonna,
when contacted for reaction, said he
was yet to be formally informed about
the ugly incident, whi threw the entire
Abia central police station into
tension.

Source
www.africanexaminer.com/police-inspector-accidentally-kills-self-in-abia/
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by tit(f): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
Death from gunshot injury to the leg?
I guess he went to babalawo to take care of injury.
Next time find a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by desgiezd(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
How can one believe this is not assassination? How can a trained police officer who wants to check a gun point the nozzle to his own feet and then pull the trigger all in the name of testing? And again the man died of gun shot wound on his leg and not in the vital areas of his chest. This must be thoroughly investigated!

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by tit(f): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
The trajectory of the wound would rule out/in a self-inflicted wound.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by DankemzI(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
grin Accidental discharge grin
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Meestique: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
U're sure this wasn't suicide?
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by WildChild00(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
If this story is true, then this police officer is not well trained.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by ifekemmy(f): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
Eedi leleyi o
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by mstik(f): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Something not right about this story.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by idupaul: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
WildChild00: If this story is true, then this police officer is not well trained.

Come to think which Nigerian Policeman is well trained!!

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by konjakonja(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
RIP Agile officer
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by tit(f): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
idupaul:

I was well trained.
If i shoot you, I don't miss.
I gun you down.
Banza!
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by WildChild00(m): 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
idupaul:

Well I am not a spokes persons to the NPF, der are some that are well trained out der, in terms of pulling the trigger.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Cpolicy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
Just like that? In leg? The story need evaluation
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by IdomaLikita: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ricochet
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by seankay(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
DankemzI: grin Accidental discharge grin
thanks, that was what I was going to type
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by idupaul: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
tit:

I was well trained.
If i shoot you, I don't miss.
I gun you down.
Banza!

Banza

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Jakumo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
desgiezd: How can one believe this is not assassination? How can a trained police officer who wants to check a gun point the nozzle to his own feet and then pull the trigger all in the name of testing? And again the man died of gun shot wound on his leg and not in the vital areas of his chest. This must be thoroughly investigated!

The policeman forgot to practice the two foremost rules of gun safety, namely keep the gun pointed vertically up or down at ALL times when the weapon is not being fired, and to keep the chamber EMPTY until the very last moment before the gun is actually about to be fired , but NO earlier than that point.

A single 7.62x39mm steel-jacket AK47 round will SHATTER a human leg at ANY range out to 100 meters, but at point-blank range the tissue and bone damage will be extensive enough to cause major blood loss leading to systemic shock and death in scant seconds after the moment of impact.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by WildChild00(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jakumo:

The policeman forgot to practice the two foremost rules of gun safety, namely keep the gun pointed vertically up or down at ALL times when the weapon is not being fired, and to keep the chamber EMPTY until the very last moment before the gun is actually about to be fired , but NO earlier than that point.

A single 7.62x39mm steel-jacket AK47 round will SHATTER a human leg at ANY range out to 100 meters, but at point-blank range the tissue and bone damage will be extensive enough to cause major blood loss leading to systemic shock and death in scant seconds after the moment of impact.

Correct dis is the first lesson you thought wen you're in the training academy.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mefo was obviously assassinated
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Toktee(m): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jakumo:

are you a terrorist,bokohallam,millitant in the niger delta,hamas or assasine,am curious.
Ur knowledge or law of the gun kept me thnking,pls ansa me
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by IdomaLikita: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Toktee: are you a terrorist,bokohallam,millitant in the niger delta,hamas or assasine,am curious.
Ur knowledge or law of the gun kept me thnking,pls ansa me

Don't Harass my Dear Jakumo! We are already Mourning the Closure of a very Precious Thread to us! So pleeeease, don't let him vent his Anger on you!

Just Advice!
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by tit(f): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Jakumo:

This guy sustained this limb injury in a town and reportedly died a day after.
If he did not seek medical aid from babalawos, how did he die?
If the injury is so bad, doctors would have amputated the leg and saved a life.
Or was he shot center-mass?

Again, I say, he went to babalawos for medical attention.

This reminds me of a govt official that died some days ago in Aba from gun-shot injury.
Why do aba people patronize babalawos like this?
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by supersonic(m): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
Na nemesis catch am.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by saintneo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
there is more to this......gun shot wound on the leg turning terminal

I guess the police needs to be educated on preventing/reducing blood loss from flesh wounds.
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by Smartsyn(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
So much have been said about The Nigerian Police and AK47.

Until we start giving them a pistol in a hoisler, accidental discharges will be a continuous reoccurance..
Re: Police Inspector Accidentally Kills Self by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
idupaul:

or well feed?,onwero ife di nwa amadi ahu na afo,obara ya oga esi otuole bunwuo mgbo

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal Presidential Posters Flood Abuja. / Fashola Blasts Jonathan Over Chibok Girls Invitation / Mr. President, Here Is Gwoza.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.