Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying (46582 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / Reasons Why Toyota Cars Dominate In Nigeria / Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
continentalceo: toyota still remains the car with the highest second-hand value in Nigeria!

In the world over.

Number 1 car maker by volume and turnover..

1 Like

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
lomomike:
FYI, I've seen a toyota camry with that engine going over 300k miles and they haven't dropped the engine. I still repeat, DON'T trust everything you read online.
Chikena!

My sienna dey 250k miles right now.

I can post the pix now.

If the Op cannot tell us an alternative brand to buy, then users experience is better than the shiiit he typed here..
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by oludolars(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sienna is not a 2AZ-FE engine.If you can send the picture of a Big-daddy with Engine block number PN 410-09050 that runs above 100,000 miles(160,000km) whose engine has neva been opened before or the engine changed.I mean the one bought brand new and used only by one user then i will believe you though the odometer will not show if engine had been rebuilt or replaced.

Toyota cars are known for reliability[/b] but there are some of these models that require special attention due to some factory defect as stated.

Toyota 5s engine of Tinylight runs 450,000km on original engine and transmission[b]
without any change or rebuild.Older versions of Toyota have more relaibility and durability

1 Like

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by tonychristopher: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
he might be true cos Toyota keeps recalling cars ...the one I use in office is problematic either engine sitting or vibration or guzzling fuel

I bought a Nigerian used Nissan ex saloon hmmm its manual and 2002 model never went to mechanic before apart from oil change and then clutch ...never had a problem with my Nissan but Toyota hmmmm transmission and funny the parts are expensive

my Nissan the full engine 1.6 l us just 45k the gear box is just 9k and its a modern car

fuvkkk Toyota

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by chucky234(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Who cares..... Toyota is never an option for me let alone the bland souless Camry and Highlander.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by corneli83(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Maybe the OP is not a fan of Toyota. There are several 2AZ engines with more than 200k miles that still works fine without stripped bolt. However, whenever u are buying one of the said cars, just make sure it's not producing any tapping sound.

NOTE: the price of a car does not indicate the condition of the car.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by oludolars(m): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Like i stated earlier, Toyota is relaible[/b] but there are issues with some models[b].

Toyota 5s engine of Tinylight runs 450,000km on original engine and transmission without any change or rebuild.

Older versions of Toyota have more relaibility and durability than 2003 models and above[b]

1 Like

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by oludolars(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by macjireh: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
TEAM FORD ALL D WAY
BTW, WHO KNOWS ABOUT D FORD GALAXY SPACE WAGON
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by 19naia(m): 2:19am On Aug 01, 2014
These are all small problems and they are all related to not maintaining the vehicle.. Change your oil as needed and no oil sludge.. Change the Transmission fluid and no issues.. Thats why the Owners manual details all the vital maintenance routines.. F you bought used and have trnasmission problems, it s likely the prvious owner did not do the regular maintaneance and then you tried to continue the same way..
Toyota is still at the top reliability.. The yearly assessment for reliable cars confirms this and they do so by testing all the cars they rate.. They use them under same conditions and record how many problems per car over the same time and conditions used.. The best cars have at least One problem and that is Lexus for 2014. Mercedes has had a lot of problems in the latest models but its still a good car.
No car is perfect, pick the one with the least problem.. And whatever car you drive, change the oil and transmission fluid as recommended and all will be ok.. If it has issues with bolts, check the bolts regularly.
Every person should open the engine bay of their car and be able to inspect multiple aspects of the engine.. Also getting under and inspecting the drive train and under body components for leaks and loose parts..
If you have money, then take it every 3 months for someone to inspect...
I inspect my vehicle and take it to the shop for service regularly and have the service crew inspect it while it is up on the lift and down on the ground..
Even the disreputable american cars will work very well if you service them as recommended...
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Babosa: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2014
Yes youre very correct about being prone to engine sludge particularly here with the dusty environment. I lost the engine of my 2006 Corolla to engine sludge. other than that its being free of any hassles. Very rugged.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Babosa: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2014
viperman:

Funny enough, most accidented cars(not heavily accidented) have less mechanical problems than clean titles as they would have been less used, due to parking them down after the accident, than their clean title counterparts.

Yes thats a very valid point. The engines of many accidented cars afre still in good condition due to little useage after the accident.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by mileskiyo(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
OP, you have raised a very important issue n I would like to say that u are right on. I know what u are saying cuz I experienced it first hand. And as much as I hate to admit it cuz I am a car enthusiast, my engine actually knocked on me u won't believe it, after about 6 months of use and believe me I take excellent care of my car cuz my life depends on it everyday.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by oludolars(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
smiley
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by aduslim: 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls is there any problem associated with toyota solara, 2004, v6
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by ping2ping: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
OP, does 1AZ-FE and 1AZ-FSE engines have same problem with 2AZ-FE engines or do they have there own perculier problems too? 1AZ engines are used mostly in Avensis.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by dokilolo: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2014
I tnk OP is a lil biased wit crucifying Toyota models....if u check car complaint. com nd u compare d number of complaint for honda vehicles (2003 accord had over 1000 complaint- 2003 camry avin jst over a 100 complaint, 2007 accord had over 2000 complaint- 2007 Camry avin 250 something. ....) naw wen u factor in dat dis vehicles ar bought in almost equal proportions, Shldnt we be discussing about Honda vehicles here nd nt Toyota?
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by oludolars(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2014
smiley
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by ping2ping: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Is there a way to check your engine block number before buying the car?
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by sheu01: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Babosa:
Yes youre very correct about being prone to engine sludge particularly here with the dusty environment. I lost the engine of my 2006 Corolla to engine sludge. other than that its being free of any hassles. Very rugged.

What type of oil u are using
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by BarrSly: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
You pple are confusing me oooo .... I wanted to buy the 2007 Camry I heard oil burning now I said I should settle for 2006 Camry wahala.. what do I na buy? Please don't mention Corolla thank you lol.

PS: now I'm considering 2008 Honda Accord i4
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Jacktours: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
Good day guys ,please what's the current price range of Lexus es 300 tokunbo?
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Bizzyliss(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2020
2az fe

Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by MaziBillionaire(m): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
leuelliot:

Do not let ignorance cloud your judgment. because your car is "going strong" doesn't make the information false. these engines have defects that's the sad Fact

all engines have defects. No internal combustion engine doesn't have an effeciency of of more than 40%
.. so don't choose to stay on the negative
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by leuelliot(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
If you understand the context here, you'd know why those comments where made. Besides efficiency of an engine was not up for discussion.

MaziBillionaire:

all engines have defects. No internal combustion engine doesn't have an effeciency of of more than 40%
.. so don't choose to stay on the negative
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by icu4: 1:09am On Oct 17, 2020
BarrSly:

You pple are confusing me oooo .... I wanted to buy the 2007 Camry I heard oil burning now I said I should settle for 2006 Camry wahala.. what do I na buy? Please don't mention Corolla thank you lol.

PS: now I'm considering 2008 Honda Accord i4
I have the same dilemma at the moment. Thou Im considering getting a Toyota solara. From what I found out, it's more like an updated camry.
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by Bizzyliss(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2020
mansmith:
which engine is better
2ar
Re: Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying by HugeElephant(f): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2023
Ndaadama:
Pls let me know when you want to sell yours.
Merry Christmas sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Bugatti Veyron In Abuja. / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.