Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers (1510 Views)

Amaechi’s Confirmation: Wike Has Been Put To Shame – Rivers APC / ‘Wike Has Squandered Over N120bn In 100 Days’- Rivers APC / Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by kel4soft: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt
As speculations heighten about his intention to
contest the gubernatorial elections in Rivers State,
the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom
Wike, has declared that no politician can defeat
him if he decides to run.
Wike, spoke yesterday in Port Harcourt while
addressing journalists on the political situation in
the state.
He decried the clamour by some politicians and
sections of the state that it was their turn to
produce the next governor of the state asking him
(Wike) not to run for the position.
Wike said: “There is one thing that people must
understand; I read a lot of things where some
people say, ‘it is our turn to produce the governor
or whatever’. Assuming that what you are saying
is correct, does that stop another person from
coming out? What it means is that you should
face the person at the elections. That is the
important thing.
“Most of them who say the governorship seat is
zoned to them, can they win in their local
government area? I can tell you that if I declare
today that I want to run, none of all those
claiming that it is their turn would win me in their
various wards. So, if you cannot win me in your
ward, whose vote are you going to use to win me
in the election?
“Let’s take, for example, the Ogonis, we have Tai,
Eleme, Gokana and Khana- four local government
areas. Those who want to run there under PDP,
which of them can win me? Come to the riverine
area; in Andoni, who wants to run there? I heard
of a retired Major. Come to Opobo, who wants to
run? Come to Bonny, who wants to run? Come to
Akuku Toro; I read it on Sunday that Dagogo-Jack
said he wants to run. There is also Walson-Jack,
Lulu-Briggs. But which of them will beat me in
their various wards, if I want to run?”
On what gives him the confidence that he would
not be beaten in the elections, Wike said: “This is
my game; I have been chairman (local
government area) since 1999. There is no serious
politician I don’t know in the various wards
across the state.
“You know I headed the campaign committee of
Governor Chibuike Amaechi in 2011. Is there any
ward or any local government area that I cannot
call the politician? In each of the wards, I am not
even talking about the local government now, I
know who matters; I know those that will decide
what will happen. It is not by Internet postings; it
is not for you to just post something in the
Internet.
“As I tell you now, if I decide today that I want to
run for election, check these local governments,
why should everybody be depending on
endorsement? You don’t want to go to your
various wards and local governments to build the
party and for the people to have confidence in you
and then make you to win elections. Each time,
you leave Port Harcourt and fly to Abuja, looking
for endorsement. When you have been endorsed,
who will make you to win the general elections?
“It is not by going to all the newspapers, to take
adverts to say ‘it is our turn’. The issue is, how
far have you gone to make Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) strong for that their turn to be
realised? At the appropriate time, we will see.”
He dismissed speculations that he had resigned
from the Federal Executive Council (FEC) because
of his political ambitions and said those peddling
the rumours were actually afraid of him.
His words: “Why should that bother you? Why is
it that everybody is interested in this man, that he
resigned or that he has done this or that? Who is
planting all these stories? That tells you, that is
the man everybody should watch; that tells you
that is the man the other parties are afraid of.
Some people will say, ‘please resign, please don’t
resign’. But I have not resigned; I am still
working.
“People should understand politics. I am still a
minister; I have not been removed and I am still
the Minister of State for Education. If you are a
good politician, you should know what is going
on. Assuming that he I want to run, won’t I
resign? Don’t worry; there are so many people in
the FEC who want to run. At the appropriate time,
they will also resign. So, I am not worried.”
He said he would not be intimidated by antics of
politicians in the state.
“But what I am trying to let you know is that no
amount of blackmail, no amount of intimidation, if
I decide to do something, nobody can stop me
from doing it. You know this is far from it. And I
know where all this is coming from. You are
aware that when the All Progressives Congress
(APC) said that if PDP brings me, it will be better
for them. Instead of them to thank God that He
has buttered their bread, now it is a problem,” he said.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-nobody-can-defeat-me-if-i-choose-to-run-says-wike/184931/
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by HopeAtHand: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
If its made an even contest, Wike would easily win any other candidate..

But my grouse with Wike contesting is simply because he might block my turn..the last thing i want to hear is someone telling me Ikwerres have ruled for 32yrs blah blah and so i cant contest...I will just tumble Rivers State upside down.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by Promxy94(m): 12:34am On Jul 31, 2014
HopeAtHand: If its made an even contest, Wike would easily win any other candidate..

But my grouse with Wike contesting is simply because he might block my turn..the last thing i want to hear is someone telling me Ikwerres have ruled for 32yrs blah blah and so i cant contest...I will just tumble Rivers State upside down.
lols

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by vicadex07(m): 1:21am On Jul 31, 2014
A round of applause for him...Oya go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by redsquare(m): 2:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Wike made some sense to some extent. But he sounded too confident and proud. Let him remember the saying that "pride goes before a fall". Well, it is left for Rivers electorate to decide who will be their next governor.
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by Kalvan: 3:03am On Jul 31, 2014
HopeAtHand: If its made an even contest, Wike would easily win any other candidate..

grin
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by stebell(m): 6:53am On Jul 31, 2014
@ OP ‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ broda. What Wike said is true and yu kno it.
Truth be told. Wike is jus clearing τ̲̅ђe coast for τ̲̅ђe chosen one.
But seriously i don't kno why yu and APShiite are scared of τ̲̅ђe man.

Last Saturday, i went ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ Opobo and saw his posters wit different headings like "Wikephobia" et al.
τ̲̅ђe man is doing his work now and yu APShiite followers are jus talking ang doing propaganda.
τ̲̅ђe best two peeps yu hv in APShiite Magnus n Dakuku are never a match for Wike if wants ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ contest.

Take care Kel.
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2014
From his body language, this man doesn't take his job as minister seriously. Smh!!! I wonder what Vision leads him to wanting 2 be Governor!! Another Al-Makura, T.A Orji etc in the making.
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Rivers State has 23 LGAs and each LGA has about 20 Wards...

During Amaechi's Campaigns those days, each time Wike visits an LGA, Wike will call at least 3 names in each ward in that LGA, telling them he will personally hold them responsible if PDP doesn't win that ward... he will call 3 names off-handedly, from every ward from all the 23 LGAs in Rivers State. Isn't that smart??

Having said this, MAGNUS ABE for 2015 (APC)

Na Ogoni turn!

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by phantom(m): 9:22am On Jul 31, 2014
I repeat, if wike is made governor,rivers people should just prepare for a solid 8years of RETROGRESSION. enough said.
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by Voice234: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2014
wilsonayo: Efcc,nnpc,coustom jobs slots available call 08147634888or 08121955578 for info note we have limited slots so it's first come first serve qualifications required are hnd or BLC take note
my man, which one be BLC.... Don't worry u go soon answer question for EFCC office

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by size38: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Experience they say "is the best teacher" politics in Nigeria teaches both sweet and bitter lessons. During the political travails of Governor Amaechi in the hands of Wike, Evans Bipi and their Oga at the top GEJ. When both Riverine and many uplanders in Rivers state where all shouting Amaechi must go, Amaechi must go for being disrespectful and harboring VP ambition which were all unfounded. Little did they know they were playing into the hands of Wike who has serious agenda of succeeding Amaechi. Yet claiming he is working for GEJ's re election. The truth is here with us. The Ikwerres have come to take their proper position in the new Rivers state. The Kalabaris, Ogonis, Andonis Opobos etc can cry nothing will change it.
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by kel4soft: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2014
stebell: @ OP ‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ broda. What Wike said is true and yu kno it.
Truth be told. Wike is jus clearing τ̲̅ђe coast for τ̲̅ђe chosen one.
But seriously i don't kno why yu and APShiite are scared of τ̲̅ђe man.

Last Saturday, i went ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ Opobo and saw his posters wit different headings like "Wikephobia" et al.
τ̲̅ђe man is doing his work now and yu APShiite followers are jus talking ang doing propaganda.
τ̲̅ђe best two peeps yu hv in APShiite Magnus n Dakuku are never a match for Wike if wants ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ contest.

Take care Kel.

You are one of many I respect in this forum especially from the opposition. You and I know that PDP will be committing suicide if they field Wike. If he is so confident he will win, let him resign and declare. He can't even win his ward talkless of Obio/Akpor not to talk of my unit in Opobo.

Let me tell you and your likes something, Wike popularity is because he throws around money. Who wouldn't want to have a bite in his generosity? When the chips are down, we will know whether he is really what folks think he is.

How many articles have been created against Amaechi and APC? Before asking me why am intruding into PDP's affair?
Re: Rivers 2015: Wike Has A Message For My Ijaw & Ogoni Brothers by stebell(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
kel4soft:

You are one of many I respect in this forum especially from the opposition. You and I know that PDP will be committing suicide if they field Wike. If he is so confident he will win, let him resign and declare. He can't even win his ward talkless of Obio/Akpor not to talk of my unit in Opobo.

Let me tell you and your likes something, Wike popularity is because he throws around money. Who wouldn't want to have a bite in his generosity?
When the chips are down, we will know whether he is really what folks think he is.

How many articles have been created against Amaechi and APC? Before asking me why am intruding into PDP's affair?

Like i said he's like John τ̲̅ђe Baptist clearing de way for τ̲̅ђe chosen one.
It is not possible for him ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ come as Gov after Amaechi. τ̲̅ђe whole state will vote against him. But if he's frm oda tribe i tell yu he has no match.

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Of President Jonathan's Speech At The US-Africa Summit (with PHOTOS) / 12 Disgusting Things You Never Knew About Iyiola Omisore / List Of The Most Corrupt Countries In The World According To T.I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.