Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Website Cost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Cost (692 Views)

How Much Would Creating A Dynamic Website Cost, Including Hosting, Domain Name? / Professional Website Cost / How Much Will A Website Cost Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Cost by chitex88(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Pls I need help. Can anyone help me with an approxoimate cos of developing a website like Konga or Jumai. Just a rate for clothing company. Thank you all as I await your response .
Re: Website Cost by WebHostingPal: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
chitex88: Pls I need help. Can anyone help me with an approxoimate cos of developing a website like Konga or Jumai. Just a rate for clothing company. Thank you all as I await your response .

You are talking about 120k up... Konga was built with Magento and Jumia is custom built. Don't settle for less cos there are load of cowboys out there.

Hope this helps.
Re: Website Cost by chitex88(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for your response. I appreciate.
WebHostingPal:
You are talking about 120k up... Konga was built with Magento and Jumia is custom built. Don't settle for less cos there are load of cowboys out there.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your help. Can woocommerce get the job done well using wordpress?
Re: Website Cost by MrAnonymous: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2014
chitex88: Can woocommerce get the job done well using wordpress?
Yeah it can. Though you may need to do some modification to suit the system to your business. Since woocommerce and wordpress are both free, you'll only need to pay for hosting and domain.
Good luck.
Re: Website Cost by WebHostingPal: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2014
chitex88: Thanks for your response. I appreciate.
Thank you for your help. Can woocommerce get the job done well using wordpress?

No woocommerce can not get the job done well. You need to remember that Wordpress is a blogging system, no matter how modified it is. And you can never compare a purposely built ecommerce system to a blogging system.

If you are looking for free ecommerce system, ZenCart tops the list, you have Magento, osCommerce, OpenCart, Spree Commerce, PrestaShop and the list goes on.

Joomla and WordPress have their own ecommerce components and plugins, but you can't compare them to the list above.

Almost everything in Nigeria is WordPress, many Nigerian online stores and websites are powered by Wordpress, this is because that's what people know and comfortable using here, even though it's not the best solution.

Hope this helps.
Re: Website Cost by MrAnonymous: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
The guy above couldn't have said it any better, you should listen to him. For some reason i missed the "well" in your post. Woocommerce plugin will do it, but you won't get a professional ecommerce website. It is simple and only ideal for small stores. If you are looking for detail and sophistication, you should go with what he has recommended.
Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Anybody Help Me Check This Site Out? / Get A Domain Name For Your Blog For $5 / Mailchimp Autoresponder, Who Uses It..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.