Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,016 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:31 AM

Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (32042 Views)

Health Workers Flee From Suspected Lassa Fever Patient. / Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos) / Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Reference(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Leopantro: Ignorance is bliss. The virus is really spreading.
Be afraid, everyone. Be very afraid

The villagers have a point. This is a disease which has no cure and a mortality rate of over 90 percent so what are these medics doing other than carrying the virus from village to village on their protective gear, equipment, vehicles and their persons. They are in self quarantine mode and I don't blame them. Fear is contagious.

7 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Ahuitzotl: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2014
Their fears are understandable given some health workers aid the spread from an infected person to another in quarantine who might be ebola free but wil invariably be incidentally infected and so the cycle continues.......The workers could even spread it from remote villages to townships onto cities since they are the only group with veritable means of transportation and logistics..

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by poiZon: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2014
Lilprocess: Ebele is a very dangerous disease, that if not tackle in time will transform into EBOLA .

hahhaahahaha chai u funny o.....

MUMU.
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by lastround(m): 7:54am On Jul 31, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

I dont like this reasoning from a Nigerian in the 21st century. Anyway, this is Africa!!!

I think it will be nice for us to actually go back and ask the same question. Because you fear what you don't understant. If Ebola virus is so powerful and spread so far, by now I think the whole world would have been wiped out.
Just like some one, are we sure this thing is introduced and later after killing and creating fears in the majority, they give you vacine.
Bob Marley said "U have to free yourselves from mental slavery and no one will do it for u".
Please well is ebola virus coming from abeg.
You people you go beyond what you told and try to know how things are really.
Someone suggested we watch the film "Outbreak", how many of us had taken our time to watch it.

2 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by GreenBobo: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2014
You guys should stop criticizing these people..cos you do not know their pain! you can never ever understand their frustration! Fear can cause a lot of disasters anyday ,anywhere... anytime... they have lost their loved ones, their friends, every body is sick! Try to have some empathy! who knows what you might do or How you'd react if faced with similar life changing and very very threatening happenstance?!
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by sucre22(f): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Lord pls have mercy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by austinebode: 8:01am On Jul 31, 2014
theplanmaker: as backwards as Nigeria is, we r still miles ahead of some pepo. if the disease resurfaces in Nigeria I'm very sure its spread ll b effectively curtailed

Let just pray God shld take control. I said same about sucide bomber- that Nigerian can't never be one cos of our love for life and money. I once tot every every Nigerian are survival, but Boko Haram has provided me wrong
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by valicious1(m): 8:13am On Jul 31, 2014
Lilprocess: Ebele is a very dangerous disease, that if not tackle in time will transform into EBOLA .
F00lish bigot. Ebele and adEBOLA which one resemble ebola pass mugu
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Waspy(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2014
I'm skeptical abt this Ebola thing......it might be a covert op to further weaken Africa

2 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Slimmos(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2014
PAGAN 9Ja and his Family no go ever get sense
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Pain(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2014
Has any Pastor come up with a cure yet?
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by fm7070: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Ebola is a disease
Ignorance is a disaster
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2014
In as much as I fear that name Ebola like everyone else, I still have my doubts on the stories about monkeys and spread. While growing up, monkeys have been used as a source of entertainment, feeding from their owners hand and stealing from them too, some local entertainers keep them as pets , we use to stand close and watch them trying to steal banana from anybody close enough, no one has ever got sick from any contact with monkeys then.unless it is not that kind of monkey we are talking about here sha. Still confused about the whole thing

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by ceejayluv(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Awoofawo:

Don't mind them! They are all too lazy to research....they swallow everything throw at them, hook, sink and line!
Could you provide us with links and snippets of your own hallowed "research"?

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Originalsly: 8:47am On Jul 31, 2014
eddiebomba: Too bad for those villagers - imprisoned by their own ignorance & fear.

Well, if they won't let health workers into their villages to help them, then the authorities should make sure absolutely NO ONE leaves those villages as well, & enforce it - shoot anyone who attempts to sneak out. It may sound harsh, but drastic times call for drastic, far-reaching measures - its as simple as that!
Who really is ignorant? Ask yourself....why were they not affected by ebola virus for hundreds of years? Ask yourself...if there is no cure why are the Red Cross and DWB going there? ...they themselves can be infected and be spreading the virus. Didn't the villagers say every village they visited has later been plagued by death? Do you know that UN medical workers brought cholera to Haiti in 2011?...this 21st century?...and thousands are dying each year?...and the UN admitted it but claimed they are not liable? You swallow whatever you are told about ebola without question ....you are not thinking for yourself. The villagers are. Now who really is the ignorant one...in this 21st Century? BTW....I do and would urge others to financially support Dotors Without Borders...they are non political and the first to identify health crises.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 31, 2014
lastround:

I think it will be nice for us to actually go back and ask the same question. Because you fear what you don't understant. If Ebola virus is so powerful and spread so far, by now I think the whole world would have been wiped out.
Just like some one, are we sure this thing is introduced and later after killing and creating fears in the majority, they give you vacine.
Bob Marley said "U have to free yourselves from mental slavery and no one will do it for u".
Please well is ebola virus coming from abeg.
You people you go beyond what you told and try to know how things are really.
Someone suggested we watch the film "Outbreak", how many of us had taken our time to watch it.

ok...if you want to know how potent or how weak ebola is,Liberia and congo no far from you...get on a plane...go there and tweet us the pictures...thats if you are alive to do so
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2014
Originalsly: Who really is ignorant? Ask yourself....why were they not affected by ebola virus for hundreds of years? Ask yourself...if there is no cure why are the Red Cross and DWB going there? ...they themselves can be infected and be spreading the virus. Didn't the villagers say every village they visited has later been plagued by death? Do you know that UN medical workers brought cholera to Haiti in 2011?...this 21st century?...and thousands are dying each year?...and the UN admitted it but claimed they are not liable? You swallow whatever you are told about ebola without question ....you are not thinking for yourself. The villagers are. Now who really is the ignorant one...in this 21st Century? BTW....I do and would urge others to financially support Dotors Without Borders...they are non political and the first to identify health crises.

SHUT D FUQ UP....its people like you who lead their followers to death displaying your ignorance while trying to masquerade it as intelligence...Liberia and Congo no far,you want to show you know...go down there and watsapp,snapchat or tweeter us the pictures
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by ceejayluv(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Kx: HIV AIDS was not achieving the desired goal;
hence Ebola was unleashed to cut AIDS 10year waiting period to Ebola's 21days.
Call it ignorance, babaric, backwardness or whaever!, ever wondered why all these diseases, origin and or predominance, have something to do with and in Africa?
Fallacious..... HIV and ebola were transmitted to humans via zoonosis. The same way swine and bird flu infected humans and threatened lives in Asia and rest of the World. The same westerners some of us are blaming are the same people that helped us identify the diseases after painstaking research. There are myriads of viruses waiting to wipe out a significant part of the World population,,luckily they're still dormant but the threat of resurfacing and mutation is still there.
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2014
gebest: O God, so at last world wan end.
Ebola will be a worse way to end the world than in the days of Noah. God is a merciful God.
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Awoofawo(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2014
ceejayluv:
Could you provide us with links and snippets of your own hallowed "research"?

dey there dey wait! Am not your lecturer ok!

Stop begging for handout!
The information you need are all around you, just try and seek for them! Shalom! cool

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by ceejayluv(m): 9:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Awoofawo: Www

dey there dey wait! Am not your lecturer ok!

Stop begging for handout!
The information you need are all around you, just try and seek for them! Shalom! cool

Quit dwelling on spurious conspiracy theories and get rational . I could as well claim that the ebola spread is an illuminati plot to threaten the World to submit to Baphomet and get the mark of the beast to be protected and blah blah blah blah....

Please where are the microbiology/virology experts in the house? We need some enlightenment here.
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2014
Scamper : To run with long thrust. gringringrin
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 31, 2014
ceejayluv:
Fallacious..... HIV and ebola were transmitted to humans via zoonosis. The same way swine and bird flu infected humans and threatened lives in Asia and rest of the World. The same westerners some of us are blaming are the same people that helped us identify the diseases after painstaking research. There are myriads of viruses waiting to wipe out a significant part of the World population,,luckily they're still dormant but the threat of resurfacing and mutation is still there.

dont mind them..same fools forgot there was a time Malaria was like Ebola and same as flu in the states..there was a time the west nile fever was as deadly as Ebola and that happened in the states.......people need to look back at the history of infectious diseases and see how they got defeated...same with polio
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by GameGuyPH: 9:10am On Jul 31, 2014
Liberians have been munching on monkeys and bats for centuries, if Ebola resides in bats it would have ravished the black race a long long time ago by how easily it spreads, something is very fish here...this virus may have been engineered.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by VantagePoint: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2014
Leopantro: Ignorance is bliss. The virus is really spreading.
Be afraid, everyone. Be very afraid
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by GameGuyPH: 9:13am On Jul 31, 2014
ceejayluv:

Not all white people are the same, there could also be some evil scientists doing illegal/unethical research in Africa that we may not know about.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Awoofawo(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2014
ceejayluv:
Quit dwelling on spurious conspiracy theories and get rational . I could as well claim that the ebola spread is an illuminati plot to threaten the World to submit to Baphomet and get the mark of the beast to be protected and blah blah blah blah....

Please where are the microbiology/virology experts in the house? We need some enlightenment here.

illuminati what?! Who is talking of that here?

Answer these quiz and answer intelligently
*Are there bio-weapons in the hands of USA, Russia and other western nations?
*Is there anything like Weaponize Weather Control and who are capable of such?
cool
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by nora544: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2014
milehigh06:

dont mind them..same fools forgot there was a time Malaria was like Ebola and same as flu in the states..there was a time the west nile fever was as deadly as Ebola and that happened in the states.......people need to look back at the history of infectious diseases and see how they got defeated...same with polio
Yeah you are so tru.

Polio is no problem now!!!!!!!!!!

Remember 10 years Back HIV/Aids it was a big problem and now people can live with this it is not a death sentence and I know a doctor from germany she live with HIV now for more than 25 years.

I hear today in the TV (europa) about Ebola, a doctor from Doctors without border speaks and that they have fear that it will go to more countries.
I know from a friend that at the moment they make all what they can do and also from my country are people in Siera Leone to help.(red cross)

I see the biggest problem in the pastors from the new churches when they will tell their followers that prayer can heal, and I know in small villages in Nigeria and also in the big cities people will run to the church and will pray and will not go to the hospital when they have fever, that is the biggest problem, and this are the pastors from the new churchesand that is why in an other treath i was fighting against a pastor who told his followers about a fake pastor in south africa who could heal an other disease.

I know that Priest and nuns from the old churches will not make this. I know from a catholic school in siera leone that they teach their childrend and the parents of the children what they have to do, and that they should go to the hospital because at the moment and that is tru when they get medicine at an early point the people will survive.

When you need more informations the best is always from the website from doctors without border!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by Awoofawo(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2014
GameGuyPH: Liberians have been munching on monkeys and bats for centuries, if Ebola resides in bats it would have ravished the black race a long long time ago by how easily it spreads, something is very fish here...this virus may have been engineered.

God bless you! Some people just can't put 1 and 1 together to make 2!
American India were nearly wiped out by measles and other diseases introduced by the same people...... The world is wise to their game plan! cool

The main concern now is how best to prevent and protect our self....cool

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by ceejayluv(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Awoofawo:

illuminati what?! Who is talking of that here?

Answer these quiz and answer intelligently
*Are there bio-weapons in the hands of USA, Russia and other western nations?
*Is there anything like Weaponize Weather Control and who are capable of such?
cool
Are we in a war situation against the nations you mentioned above? Do not underestimate the resilient nature of deadly micro organisms. Some prehistoric virus could surface at any time and wipe out millions before anything drastic is done. Heard of the Spanish flu?
Re: Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors by thegeneral84: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2014
theplanmaker: as backwards as Nigeria is, we r still miles ahead of some pepo. if the disease resurfaces in Nigeria I'm very sure its spread ll b effectively curtailed
Don't be so sure.
The disease can be effectively managed in urban centres and some rural areas but not everywhere. A case point of note: Nigeria is one of the 3 countries still reporting cases of polio ( others are India and Pakistan). One of the contributing factors for this is that some rural dwellers in some parts of Northern Nigeria fear immunisation staff and are even hostile to these people, thus preventing effective immunisation coverage for which reason there are still case reports of polio in these areas. The same attitude can prevail to impair ebola control in Nigeria. I pray it shouldn't even get to that state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edu Val, Cancer Patient Dies, A Week After He Begged God To Take His Life / Body Types For Females And Males / The Day OHAI AFRICA Made Maryam To Smile! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.