Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. (1346 Views)

Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass / 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / Assembly Of God Church Blasts Nollywood Stars Who Endorse Coca Cola (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mathew 24:24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

What exactly is the meaning of this quote from the Old Testament, referenced by Jesus Christ as a sign of his return? What are the connotations and ramifications of this verse?

Ecclesiates 12:1-2
1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

From the above verse, we see that the Bible uses the allegory of the sun darkening, the moon not giving her light and the stars falling from heaven, to denote evil times, times of great stress.

But Isaiah gives us the best picture of the meaning of the allegory;

Isaiah 13:10
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

In complete context:

Isaiah 13:6-11
6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces [shall be as] flames.
9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for [their] evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Jesus will come back during a period of great stress in Heaven. The stress has begun, with the acceleration of the New World Order; the coming crash of the stock markets, the demise of the Petrodollar, Israeli-Palestinian troubles, Russia vs America and Europe, American and European economic bankruptcy, etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts, we are about to hit some major turbulence.

Ezekiel 30:1-3
1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Howl ye, Woe worth the day!
3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

Mathew 24:30
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Negroes, you have been in tribulation, you have been nekkid; your intelligence was taken away, you have been living under a curse as a consequence of your disobedience, stiffneckedness, stubbornness, wickedness and idolatry. You are the original Israelites of the Bible. Of course, the vast majority is unaware of this fact. Completely asleep. But the prophesied times are upon us.

Joel 3:15-17
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

3 Likes

Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Obadiah embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 31, 2014
Stop calling him the lord , pls call him yahweh,,,
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
sandijey: Obadiah embarassed lipsrsealed

Hey Sweery, how are ya?
This aint no Obadiah baby wink
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
MrPresident1:

Hey Sweery, how are ya?
This aint no Obadiah baby wink

Am fine kiss....... yeah I no this isn't Obadiah. cheesy. Eku ebola.......
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
sandijey:

Am fine kiss....... yeah I no this isn't Obadiah. cheesy. Eku ebola.......

My people are scared sh1tles. lool.

Just why do they go to churches and mosques? Why do they pray? why are they so religious?

Hypocrites. And Obadiah was here to show them the way, they rejected him. Dem never jam. cool

Just hold on tight Baby, you have no idea how protected you are wink
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
MrPresident1:

My people are scared sh1tles. lool.

Just why do they go to churches and mosques? Why do they pray? why are they so religious?

Hypocrites. And Obadiah was here to show them the way, they rejected him. Dem never jam. cool

Just hold on tight Baby, you have no idea how protected you are wink

Amen sire. But truth be told I am a bit scared. The rumours are just so much. It turns my belly. And Nigerians are just helping to spread the rumour. Meanwhile I don't cough or sneeze in public any more. Cus people give a stern look. Instead if saying sorry. Its just scary.
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
sandijey:

Amen sire. But truth be told I am a bit scared. The rumours are just so much. It turns my belly. And Nigerians are just helping to spread the rumour. Meanwhile I don't cough or sneeze in public any more. Cus people give a stern look. Instead if saying sorry. Its just scary.

Put your mind at rest. Your Father is in total, complete, and absolute control.
Amos 3:6
Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

You are marked for life Baby girl. Nothing do you o. No fear at all cool

Ezekiel 9:4:6
4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

1 Like

Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by paxonel(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
MrPresident1: Mathew 24:24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

What exactly is the meaning of this quote from the Old Testament, referenced by Jesus Christ as a sign of his return? What are the connotations and ramifications of this verse?

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

From the above verse, we see that the Bible uses the allegory of the sun darkening, the moon not giving her light and the stars falling from heaven, to denote evil times, times of great stress.

In complete context:

6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces [shall be as] flames.
9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
11 And I will punish the world for [their] evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Jesus will come back during a period of great stress in Heaven. The stress has begun, with the acceleration of the New World Order; the coming crash of the stock markets, the demise of the Petrodollar, Israeli-Palestinian troubles, Russia vs America and Europe, American and European economic bankruptcy, etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts, we are about to hit some major turbulence.

2 Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Howl ye, Woe worth the day!
3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Negroes, you have been in tribulation, you have been nekkid; your intelligence was taken away, you have been living under a curse as a consequence of your disobedience, stiffneckedness, stubbornness, wickedness and idolatry. You are the original Israelites of the Bible. Of course, the vast majority is unaware of this fact. Completely asleep. But the prophesied times are upon us.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

i am a Christian but without due sentiment this post is geared towards threatening ignorant christians not to enjoy their lives and this is evil of religion
we
I want to point out the big error commited by today christians because they read Bible they are not seeing anything
Matthew 24:29 says Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken
do you know that this verse is a prophecy by Jesus about what will happen at the cross when he will be crucified?
let's look at the crucifixion
Matthew 27:45 says Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
this is the darkening of the sun prophesied in that Matthew 24:29, the fall of the stars and moon leads to darkness (stars and moon did not fall in the real sense, the phrase stars and moon falling is used to represent darkness)
Matthew 27:51 says And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
this is the powers of the heavens shall be shaken prophesied in that Matthew 24:29. heavens shaken there is earthquake
so you can see that Matthew 27 was a prophecy by Jesus which has already been fulfilled at crucifixion. stop threatening innocent ignorant christians
what did Jesus meant by immediately after the tribulation of those? for your info,disciples following Jesus from galilee to Jerusalem where he was to be crucified was enough tribulation also refered to abomination of desolation as prophesied by Daniel. the disciples numbering more than 5000.abandoned all that they had to follow Jesus through the wilderness to Jerusalem without food,water,shelter,some women where even pregnant, some with nursing babies. it wasn't easy, it was the most terrible thing that has ever happened since mankind was created
therefore matthew 24:29 says immediately after the event of following which is the great tribulation (what you people know as the great tribulation you think it will come in the future and you used it to threaten people ) shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light.
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by paxonel(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
paxonel:
i am a Christian but without due sentiment this post is geared towards threatening ignorant christians not to enjoy their lives and this is evil of religion
we
I want to point out the big error commited by today christians because they read Bible they are not seeing anything ,they. don't think. but think, you will understand what I'm about to sayp
Matthew 24:29 says Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken
do you know that this verse is a prophecy by Jesus about what will happen at the cross when he will be crucified?
Matthew 27:45 says Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
this is the darkening of the sun prophesied in that Matthew 24:29, the fall of the stars and moon leads to darkness (stars and moon did not fall in the real sense, the phrase stars and moon falling is used to represent darkness)
Matthew 27:51 says And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
this is the powers of the heavens shall be shaken prophesied in that Matthew 24:29. heavens shaken there is earthquake
so you can see that Matthew 27 was a prophecy by Jesus which has already been fulfilled at crucifixion. stop threatening innocent ignorant christians
what did Jesus meant by immediately after the tribulation of those? for your info,disciples following Jesus from galilee to Jerusalem where he was to be crucified was enough tribulation also refered to abomination of desolation as prophesied by Daniel. the disciples numbering more than 5000.abandoned all that they had to follow Jesus through the wilderness to Jerusalem without food,water,shelter,some women where even pregnant, some with nursing babies. it wasn't easy, it was the most terrible thing that has ever happened since mankind was created
therefore matthew 24:29 says immediately after the event of following which is the great tribulation (what you people know as the great tribulation you think it will come in the future and you used it to threaten people ) shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light.

Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
paxonel:
we
I want to point out the big error commited by today christians because they read Bible they are not seeing anything

Your drivel is powered by ignorance.
And no one is threatening anyone, if you feel my post is threatening, then you need to check your stand with God. I have only tried to break down scripture couched in allegory.

All over the Bible, whenever expressions such as the sun and the moon darkening, the stars and constellations not giving their light are used, they usually describe periods of great distress.

Yashua says the sun and moon will darken and the stars will not give her light and that is when he will return. He will return in a time of great distress in the world. You will do well to re-read and try to comprehend.

Isaiah 13:9-10

Ezekiel 32:7
7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.
9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known

Read also Joel 2:10 and Joel 3:15 and educated yourself out of fear and ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by paxonel(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=MrPresident1]

Your drivel is powered by ignorance.
And no one is threatening anyone, if you feel my post is threatening, then you need to check your stand with God. I have only tried to break down scripture couched in allegory.

All over the Bible, whenever expressions such as the sun and the moon darkening, the stars and constellations not giving their light are used, they usually describe periods of great distress.

Yashua says the sun and moon will darken and the stars will not give her light and that is when he will return. He will return in a time of great distress in the world. You will do well to re-read and try to comprehend.

Isaiah 13:9-10

Ezekiel 32:7
7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.
9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known

Read also Joel 2:10 and Joel 3:15 and educated yourself out of fear and ignorance.[/quote
you say the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, AND THAT IS WHEN HE WILL RETURN, sorry! did you see THAT IS WHEN HE WILL RETURN there? or it is your own version?
look my friend you can't fool everybody like that, All these things you just quoted in Isaiah, Ezekiel or Jeremiah are all prophesies which pointed at the day Jesus with come and die for mankind which has already pass. not in the future. Jesus has already come and died and reveal the kingdom of God on earth therefore the kingdom of God is already in you
Colossians 1:13 says Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son
it didn't say he promise that he is going to translate us into his kingdom in the future when he will return rather he has translated us into his kingdom already
1 Thessalonians 2:12 says That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory
so we have been called into his kingdom already
you see why i describe your post as empty and unnecessary threat to Christians? christians are already there, you want to give them the impression that they are not yet there so that they will continue to remain in fear
95% of Nigerian christians and all Nigerian pastors are guilty of this error you are doing that is why this country is not moving forward
na God go judge una
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by JesusisLord85: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
paxonel:

All these things you just quoted in Isaiah, Ezekiel or Jeremiah are all prophesies which pointed at the day Jesus with come and die for mankind which has already pass. not in the future. Jesus has already come and died and reveal the kingdom of God on earth therefore the kingdom of God is already in you

Funniest quote ever. Ok, so how is the Kingdom treating you, brutha. grin
You better come out of this strong delusion you are in.
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by paxonel(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Funniest quote ever. Ok, so how is the Kingdom treating you, brutha. grin
You better come out of this strong delusion you are in.[/quote]
i didn't say the kingdom of God is threatening me.
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
paxonel:
i didn't say the kingdom of God is threatening me.

You are afraid my friend. See he said treating, but you saw threatening. So just calm down.

The coming of Jesus should not make you afraid or scared, it should fill you with joy and anticipation. Whether you like it or not, you are living in slavery, and Yashua is coming to liberate you from your brother's heavy yoke on your neck.

The Bible says 'immediately after the tribulation of those days', what does this mean?

When the kingdom of heaven is restored to Israel (Negroes), many of us are going to be astounded at our servitude. We were never meant to be the servants, we were meant to be the rulers. Our devolution is the wonder of the world!!! Kings became slaves, just how did The Most High pull this off? It will be revealed when the veil is off. He said he will 'cause the pomp of the proud to cease'

The tribulation refers to slave trade, colonialism, Ebola, Hiv, lynchings, unfair trading practices etc. We were never meant to be like this, but we became corrupted and we got punished. We are the Dearly Beloved of His Soul!!!

Jesus is coming back to restore the kingdom to us.

So my scared friend, lol, quit fear, lol. Start practicing more of Ecclesiastes 12:13 and you would be just fine wink wink

1 Like

Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by paxonel(m): 12:14am On Aug 13, 2014
MrPresident1:

You are afraid my friend. See he said treating, but you saw threatening. So just calm down.

The coming of Jesus should not make you afraid or scared, it should fill you with joy and anticipation. Whether you like it or not, you are living in slavery, and Yashua is coming to liberate you from your brother's heavy yoke on your neck.

The Bible says 'immediately after the tribulation of those days', what does this mean?

When the kingdom of heaven is restored to Israel (Negroes), many of us are going to be astounded at our servitude. We were never meant to be the servants, we were meant to be the rulers. Our devolution is the wonder of the world!!! Kings became slaves, just how did The Most High pull this off? It will be revealed when the veil is off. He said he will 'cause the pomp of the proud to cease'

The tribulation refers to slave trade, colonialism, Ebola, Hiv, lynchings, unfair trading practices etc. We were never meant to be like this, but we became corrupted and we got punished. We are the Dearly Beloved of His Soul!!!

Jesus is coming back to restore the kingdom to us.

So my scared friend, lol, quit fear, lol. Start practicing more of Ecclesiastes 12:13 and you would be just fine wink wink
I thought i was communicating with sound minds ahaahaahaaa! una dey make me laugh. I was the one that used the word THREATENING, I didn't say TREATING. who said TREATING? and where did you got the word TREATING from in this conversation? you are diverting to talk many irrelevant things . if anybody had used the word TREATING quote out the place let's see. ahahahaahhhaa!
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
MrPresident1:
Mathew 24:24

In complete context:

Blessed prophecy. A great read
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
The twilight is now
Re: TWILIGHT: The Sun And Moon Darken, The Stars Fall From Heaven. by MrPresident1: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Twilight

(1) (Reply)

New Movie About The Rapture / The Church Is Leading You To Hell - Etcetera / 10 Most Adulterous Countries In The World!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.