Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip (29780 Views)

President Buhari Arrive Abuja From Washington D.C (photos) / Patience Jonathan Drops A New Rips Cracking. Read This: / Jonathan Drops Presidential Ambition For David Mark (April 1, 2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by UmarS25: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2014
He shud hav alowd her to go n bring shame to him n d country #na only u waka come#

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by ibietela2(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2014
Lucasbalo: You are right. Some Nigerians think GEJ is beyond reproach. I wish he gets 10percent of the insults Obama gets from this right wing nuts here in US and he will know that uneasy lies on the head that wears a crown.

So you mean all this insults on him and his family is not up to 10% of what Obama receives? Is this how jobless you guys over there are?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Elebiju: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan:

What is catching fun?! Learn how to speak English before talking to me boy.
I read all your comments on your profile and its obvious you lack good social culture, you are fond of insulting peeps who point out your idiocy, since you are one of the exported chicken livered peeps from Nigeria cos you can't survive in a highly competitive setting, you should try to keep your comments about our politics minimal cos you ain't here and you don't know what gallant compatriots are facing. Stop insulting Nlers and lay low so you can learn, do you speak English on a forum? No, you type. Lastly you aren't an American even Obama suffers discrimination often, "Ediot" dunno if it is a typographical error or not but either ways u use it often and it shows you've got a bad knowledge of the language.* my two naira* Learn to mingle.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Amanwulu1(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan:

Ediot. Here in the US, Obama is insulted almost everyday. The comment section of conservative websites is filled with insults just for Obama and Holder. GEJ should resign if he can't take insults. Clueless Imps.
thx 4 educating us, at least d next time u guys insult d president I should knw dat it has nothing 2 do wit performance and competence bt has more 2 do wit insulting d authority being ur hobby.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by berbs113(f): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2014
If Obama decline one on one discussion with the president I guess there will be a reason or explanation for that... Plus,Obama na human being if he doesn't want to talk so be it... The entourage is too much na only dis country?? Even world president won't carry such an entourage. My country and their wahala
Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by SolidMoney: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2014
Sahara misreporters!Who could have reported it better?An agency that prides itself in dishing out false and bloated information with sole intention to deceive the unsuspecting public.An agency that is so quick to use unwarranted disparaging comments against a sitting president.I no blame una.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Amhappy(f): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2014
Unclw GEJ you dropped your wife but carry Auntie Alison,ok i dey look you with telescope.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by youngmonie: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Lets be true to ourselves....what is the woman going to do there anyway?? It supposed to be a gathering of intellectuals detailed plan and meeting on how to move the continent forward and I dnt see why she should be on a jamboree trip. She can sit at home and help bring back the missing girls

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by blazesam(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2014
It wouldnt have pained me for him travelling without the wife cos she is an illeterate and she cant speak, well understood, but immediately i saw the name suswam who is our state governor then sorrows just all over me. You wont imagine he slashed workers salary. Do you see people jonathan is working with? How many governors have deducted workers salary ever in the history of nigeria ever? More cowardly leaders than ever. Benue worker to go on strike in less than 48hrs

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by polis007(m): 10:24am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan: Lol!!! Jonathan, you think Obama had time to see a mumu like you privately?! grin
I take exception to your harsh comment to the No 1 citizen of Federal Republic of Nigeria, how dare you??

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by MiGoS: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=nnamdibig]Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has dropped his controversial wife, Patience, from his 73-man delegation heading to Washington DC for the “U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit” which begins next Monday.
Mr. Jonathan is billed to arrive in the US capital on Sunday, rolling in with one of the largest delegations at the three-day summit, but it is a trip governed by fear of the unknown, including possible uncomfortable encounters with members of the press, protesters and angry citizens.
Observers say the Nigerian leader’s decision to drop his wife from the trip stems from deep concern that she might be humiliated in Washington DC over her denunciation of the kidnap of hundreds of Nigerian school girls in Chibok, Borno State, in April.

Mrs. Jonathan and Kema Chikwe, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Women leader, were among those within top government circles who initially questioned and denounced the abduction story, claiming it was a farce. A television appearance by Mrs. Jonathan went viral, and has become the butt of several spoofs on the Internet. President Jonathan’s acceptance of the farce theory was responsible for the delay in rescue efforts that could have saved several of the girls.
Mrs. Jonathan is also widely remembered for leading a thorough humiliation of officials of the Government Girls Secondary School from where the girls were abducted, including the Principal, Mrs. Asaba Kwabura , who she ordered detained alongside Naomi Nyadar a lead campaigner for the “BringBackOurGirls” movement.
Presidency sources told SaharaReporters it is feared that Mrs. Obama, one of the best-known supporters of “BringBackOurGirls,” might not be favorably disposed to interacting with Mrs. Jonathan.

Meanwhile, it has also been learned that President Jonathan has himself had his request for a one-on-one meeting with President Obama turned down.
In a further reflection of the extent of the fear of the unknown during the trip, Mr. Jonathan has also turned down a request to be at a “solidarity rally” by a group of praise-singers who call themselves “The Diaspora Nigerians in America group,” scheduled for August 5 in front of the Nigerian Embassy.
A press statement issued by the group today confirmed Mr. Jonathan’s decision to bail out of the self-serving love-fest.
Governors Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Gabriel Suswam of Benue, Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa, and Isah Yuguda of Bauchi will accompany President Jonathan to the United States. Also on the entourage will be the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Youth Culture and Tourism, Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison Madueke.

Businessmen listed on the entourage include Femi Otedola, Wale Tinubu and Kola Adeshina of Sahara Energy. The rest of the list is made up of aides, advisers and staff.
The Summit will end on Wednesday

http://saharareporters.com/2014/07/30/president-jonathan-drops-wife-washington-dc-trip-travel-73-delegates

not cool at all

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by shadrach77: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2014
did anyone notice the phrase "his controversial wife"? So funny! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2014
youngmonie: Lets be true to ourselves....what is the woman going to do there anyway?? It supposed to be a gathering of intellectuals detailed plan and meeting on how to move the continent forward and I dnt see why she should be on a jamboree trip. She can sit at home and help bring back the missing girls
Is Jona even part of d intellectuals?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by youngmonie: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Is Jona even part of d intellectuals?

He is the president na, lets assume he is not that smart but the ultimate decisions lie in his hands so he has to be there

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan:

That fukboy is not my president. My presidents are Obama and General Buhari(Rtd).
Unpatriotic slave bushman

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by emmanuel4758(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan:

Ediot. Here in the US, Obama is insulted almost everyday. The comment section of conservative websites is filled with insults just for Obama and Holder. GEJ should resign if he can't take insults. Clueless Imps.
so you wan use style tell us say u dey u.s.ape. your papa left nyash

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2014
If I were the president of Nigeria,I will never attend such meeting. Is time we grow up and stop bowing to our fellow man like God. America is nothing but a country like Nigeria.

How can one single man gather many African leaders at one time and a big country like Nigeria join,if that homosexual president that called himself Obama is ready to visit Nigeria or have a one on one meeting with our president that would be better,but inviting as many as and they are happy to visit is a slap in wise Nigerians face and I personally does not see things that way.

Our president must be a man. THAT ALL.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2014
So only Jona go waka go........
Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by feedthenation(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2014
The question is, what will GEJ and his large entourage bring to Nigeria by attending this conference?

I guess the conference will be another show of negative press coverage for Nigeria in the hands of the foreign media.

GEJ should quietly sit down and channel his energy to finding a solution to the security problems facing the country.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by ElFenomeno1: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2014
Haha.... smh!

What does PEJ even has to offer on that kind of trip?

Who wants to or is looking forward to interacting with a dunderhead?!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Fernandinho: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Kalvan: Lol!!! Jonathan, you think Obama had time to see a mumu like you privately?! grin

That was so unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Engen(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
He drops his wife so he can have time with the other madam Diezani Alison...but I don't think our slow presido can handle that Volcano of a woman

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by meforyou1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amber10:
...@berem, please do be constructive in your contributions rather than make ill conceived and careless statements inimical to us at a time public psyche need to be boosted and massive support for Nigeria...do excuse Your french, show some decorum.
i will advice you to keep berem at arm's length. the girl is so ultra silly and unintelligent.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by prestigedamisa(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Propaganda! Propaganda!! Propaganda!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by meforyou1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Barywhyte:

Sharaaap you e-diot! @berem is absolutely right and you are fcking wrong. What will this cesspool and her handler gain from wasting tax payers money on profitless trip? What has previous trips brought to this country? Mention one you asshole. Praise singer and sycophant; thats who you are. 73 persons!!!! unbelievable. what are they going there to do? Very wasteful president
another janjaweedean running amock

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Ikpewe: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
inteli: Before opening this thread to read its
contents, I already knew this kind of
silly unprofessional journalism could
come from non other than Sahara
Reporters. These guys are so idle that
they go into writing frivolities. I stop
visiting their website b/c of idiotic and
silly reportage. For God's sake! what is
the benefit of this kind of news to
Nigerians? I tire 4 dis Shakara fiffle oh!
How we go do? freedom of speech is d cos bro
Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by victorv12(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
It's only a clueless president that don't have answers to questions that can travel with 73 delegates. Well, a president that can't debate during the last presidential debate, and luckily, he was rigged into the highest office...A leader like that must roll with a large entourage.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by vicadex07(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just20: Just by the way: so Femi Otedola has now become a national figure and even included in the president's entourage.... hmm Naija we always forget easily

GEJ himself is the Chief Commander of the Corrupt Forces in Nigeria...so its not surprising

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by vicadex07(m): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
pelvicky: Gej cum back on time,,we nid u in osun state for omishore to win this election o

August 9 tinz on my cute mind
He should come back and rig it for you abi..PDThieves

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by vicadex07(m): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
san316:
GEJ: Mummy, i no thinks say e go good for you to follow o.
PEJ: Chai! Daddy why na?
GEJ: I no nid to tell you, na to avoid friendly fire.
PEJ: Friendly wetin? Chai! Daddy so na only u go waka go.
GEJ: No worry when i win next election, u go fit represent me sef, i dont give a damn. PEJ: Chaai, diaris godu oo. No shopping 4 Amurika this time. Chaai.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by Kalvan: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Elebiju: I read all your comments on your profile and its obvious you lack good social culture, you are fond of insulting peeps who point out your idiocy, since you are one of the exported chicken livered peeps from Nigeria cos you can't survive in a highly competitive setting, you should try to keep your comments about our politics minimal cos you ain't here and you don't know what gallant compatriots are facing. Stop insulting Nlers and lay low so you can learn, do you speak English on a forum? No, you type. Lastly you aren't an American even Obama suffers discrimination often, "Ediot" dunno if it is a typographical error or not but either ways u use it often and it shows you've got a bad knowledge of the language.* my two naira* Learn to mingle.

I'm not an American?! You're obviously unintelligent , I have a blue passport you dumb fool.

I use the word "Ediot"because the real spelling is censored. Dumbass! Much love though.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Drops Wife From Washington DC Trip by lockupman(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
You're an idiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiot for referring to my president like that...bunch of supporters of APC...mtcheeew!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recreational Park At Agulu Lake That Anambra State Government Is Constructing / Anambra Election: Apc’s Andy Uba Wins Polling Unit / Insecurity: Why Bandits Started Killing Victims – Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.